Smoke and Mirrors : Royal Ang...

By TabbyMax

He was the prince who got away. He had it all - power, fame, glory, honor. (Did I mention the unlimited suppl... More

Trailer and Copyright
Silver spoons and body shots
Mr. Tall, dark and handsome
Dirty, broken or both?
Cookie monster
Prince Charming
Squirrels and firebirds
Perfectionists
Netflix and alien fruit
Pearls and unicorns
World war IV ft. Jimmy Choos
Gardens and weed
Painting feelings
YOLO
Not a date
Hangovers and promises
Shapeshifter
Dark chocolate
Corsica, the burger
Fruit Ninja
Ketchup and tattoos
Cotton and crows
BONUS #1
Guns and butlers
Pirate King
Sock wars
Tiger cub and her puppy
A bold weakness
Flowers and losers
Morons at midnight
Challenge accepted
Hurricanes
White roses
Picky cat lady
Gentleman's playbook
Losing battles
Death and Wikipedia
Yoda in the spotlight
Pretty things and little lies
Short, red and smoking hot
Devil can draw
BONUS #2
Diaries of a wimpy Shortcake
Prince hates Pixar
Lovesick puppies
Thin ice
Leeches and art
Whipped cream
*Companion Guide*
Bacon and royalty
Sir Biscuit Junior
Chocolate and diamonds
Black unveiled Bride
BONUS #3
Java on the rocks
Sinking ships
Biscuit and Persephone
Macarena in Atlantis
Dorothy in Valkyria
King Michael Phelps
Dr Strange and Miss World
Hello from the other side
Speaking of truth
Carrots and sticks
Poodle in pink
Woe to the winky face
Break free
Save the unicorns
Saints and Sinners
Elysian
Author's note

Bloodsucking royalty

144K 10.7K 1.8K
By TabbyMax

~Daniel~

When you're pretending to be the Prince of a country, you never forget two things.

A) You can't be late. Ever.

And B) your underwear probably costs more than your old house.

So it's never a good thing when you lose them.

"Stay a little longer, your highness."

The words were accompanied by a drunken giggle from the woman in my bed. Her body was wrapped in the sheets, blonde hair a mess and brown eyes half closed with sleep or maybe alcohol.

I couldn't guess her name if it was three letters long and I was at gun point.

Way to go with another self destructive hook up, Danny.

Sighing, I removed her fingers from mine, eyeing the bedside clock.

Well, shît. There goes rule number one.

I quietly got off the bed, trying to find my clothes. Ten minutes later, I stepped out of the hotel room in my black suit, no sweat.

Yeah. I was terrific at this.

Which was fücking pathetic, really.

Two bodyguards joined me the minute I stepped outside. Because being Immortal didn't mean I couldn't be kidnapped, drugged, tortured, mutilated -

It was a long list.

I walked to the elevator, went downstairs and headed for the lobby.

Marcus was waiting. He didn't bow or kiss my ring or try any of that royal nonsense.

Bless his soul.

"You're late, sire."

"I know, Marcus."

"You've got an appointment, sire."

"I know, Marcus."

"You're missing a sock, sire."

"I kno- wait, what?"

He arched a brow, eyeing my left foot. I groaned. Fantastic.

Marcus smiled, and walked me to the car. He gestured to a hidden compartment in the seat.

"You'll find everything you need in there, sire."

"You mean a moral compass or a shred of self respect?" I challenged.

He laughed. "A sock. There's socks and ties in there, D."

I couldn't help smiling. Marcus knew about our 'arrangement'. I haven't heard my real name in twelve years, except from Xavier. I haven't had friends, seen my family, or actually talked to a person out of my own free will.

Truly, I was surprised I hadn't gone fully insane yet.

Probably because Marcus humoured me occasionally by not acting like a programmed robot.

"Thank you." I said, meaning it.

"Don't mention it." He smiled. "Seriously. You aren't supposed to."

"Yeah, fück that." More royal nonsense. Because apparently having manners wasn't very Princely. "I'm going to be a king. I do whatever I want."

"Speaking of which." Marcus looked at me intently. "You think you can convince him? Xavier?"

"I'm trying." I said simply. That was a problem I couldn't deal with right now. "Am I not late, my dear butler?"

He nodded, closing the door. "Have a good day, sire."

I looked at my sockless ankle. "I doubt it."

The ride to the countryside mansion was uneventful. Vetresca was a city of angels with more emphasis on the "city" part.

The place was all glass and metal on the outside. I grew up on the streets and I loved the smoke, the traffic, the graffiti - all of it. Occasionally, you could see a pair of wings in the sky.

A lot of humans wondered why we had roads and metros. We had wings. Why didn't we just fly everywhere?

Funny. It was a lot like asking them, "You have legs. Why don't you just walk everywhere?"

The scenery gradually changed from skyscrapers to town houses to rolling meadows. The car finally reached a pair of wrought iron gates and passed by the driveway to the mansion.

A.k.a a Victorian Era monstrosity.

I'd left Xavier and his little pet yesterday and headed home. Soon after signing a dozen or so papers at my desk, I'd gotten thoroughly high and would up in a hotel room.

To be honest, I was a little high now.

Yet no amount of weed could've prepared me for this.

"Get the fück off my fountain, Victoria."

The bîtch was sitting on the shoulders of a fairy statue at the centre of the water feature, somehow completely dry, taunting Xavier.

"Biscuit told me to take a shower without annoying him." She flipped Xavier the bird. "Want to join us, Daniel?"

I froze.

"What did you call me?"

"Daniel. Danny. Danny boy blue."

Before I could respond, a calm voice replied behind me.

"I believe you're mistaken, bella. See, this bästard here is Xavier Grigori, Prince of Vetresca, and future King of Europe."

I didn't know if I wanted to smile or kill myself.

Turning around, I saw a tall man, exceptionally well dressed with a mink coat draped over a dark grey suit. He had a diamond piercing over his left eyebrow and a dragon tattoo on the side of his neck. A black gloved hand rested on a black cane with an engraved silver dragon.

"Darius." He kissed my signet ring. I grimaced. "You son of a bîtch. You're my important meeting today?"

"Well, I did fly in that tin can you call a plane." Prince Darius Azaria smiled, showing off his dagger like fangs. His silver eyes narrowed on Victoria. "Who is this, um, charming lady?"

"Friend of a friend." I muttered, shooting daggers at both Victoria and Xavier.

"Well, you'll have to excuse us, friend of a friend," He gave her another smile. "I have business to discuss. I hope to see you again, roza."

Victoria seemed flattered.

Xavier? Not so much.

Making like a caveman, he hauled her onto his shoulders again and carried her inside the house.

"I hope to see you again, gentlemen." He said smoothly, despite the fact that he was soaking wet and carrying a kicking girl.

It was becoming a frequent hobby of his.

Fifteen minutes later, I was settled in the meeting room upstairs and Darius decided it was enough small talk.

"Let's face reality, Xavier." He told me, sipping his wine. "Our nations aren't exactly on good terms and we haven't been that way in a long time."

Vetresca and Kadria were frenemies at best. For a reason.

Kadria was modern day leech capital.

"And?" I asked, looking at the vampire.

"And, we're friends, right?" He asked cautiously.

"You puked on me last New year on that goddämn boat." I said deadbeat. "I'd say we go to war, bloodsucker."

He laughed.

"How about a small token of my friendship then? I'd like to introduce you to somebody very special to me."

Darius opened the door to my office. The minute she walked inside, I knew she was easily the most beautiful woman I'd ever seen. She was a hundred out of ten from any angle.

A long silver dress hugged her curves, exposing a modest amount of soft pale skin. Her hair was as black as midnight, falling waist length and her eyes were liquid silver.

I stood up.

"Quite the family resemblance, Darius." I told him, kissing her wrist. She smiled at me, looking at me under her long dark lashes. "Welcome to Vetresca, Lady Alexandra Azaria."

"Thank you, Your Grace."

I cleared my throat. "I'm not the King yet -"

"Minor technicality." Darius waved his hand. "Now I'm going to ask you again, Xavier. We're friends, aren't we? Good friends. Perhaps even brother-in-laws?"

He smiled, though it was predatory more than polite.

"Of course, we're friends -"

"Then it's settled." Darius exclaimed, not so much as looking at Alexandra. It was then that I remembered something.

"With respect to tradition, Darius," I was looking for anything, any detail that could help me right then, "she's not your oldest sister though."

All trace of humour left the vampire.

"Don't go there, Xavier." He started to say.

Suddenly the door opened and the real Xavier joined us as promised, with a minor addition.

Two very obvious, very sharp throwing blades.

"So." The Prince said conversationally, leaning against the wall. "What'd I miss, Your Highness?"

*****

Daniel : "Vote for this. I'll consider marrying you. (We'd have to go on a couple of dates though.)" XD

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 32 27
* CURRENTLY WORKING/PLANNING ON DOING SOME MAJOR RE-EDITING * Vampires and humans coexist. They mate and create hybrids, vampire and human mate and h...
1.9K 421 10
*Discontinued* Aria is an average teenage girl with regular mood swings and a crazy obsession with any male celebrity that she sees... this couldn't...
2.3M 84.3K 48
"What are you doing here?" I gulped at the hoarse voice. Instead of replying, I stared at Maria's corpse lying on the floor. "You smell so sweet." I...
583K 11.9K 29
You know those fairy tales, where the prince sweeps the princess off her feet? Where he saves the world, at the end of the day? Well.... She's rich...