The Miracle Worker(Watty Awar...

By careforbooks

Madeline found out at the beginning of their marriage that she has PCOS. It had rockd both her and her husban... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Epilogue
Author's Note<3
Fort Releigh County -A "The Miracle Worker" Novel- (Sneak Peek)

Chapter 16

4.4K 83 5
By careforbooks

This is chapter 16:) I think I am going to add more than just 2 more chapters, as i said in Chapter 15, but idk. I might add an extra one but, We'll see. anyways, thank you ALL For your support! I mean, you ahve no IDEA how much I apprecaite it:))))

Watty Awards tomorrow, so PLEASE vote and comment on this as much as you can:)) --Greatly apprecaited--

Get your family, friends, every loved one to vote plese:) And comment:) lol Oh, and for THe Rebel by FaithandModesty07. She would apprecaite all of it too:) Lol thanks so mcuh

-God bless!

-Careforbooks!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 16

Madeline was on her way to Thomas Child and Adolescent Psychology clinic.

She had decided to take it easy after a few months into the pregnancy, but since she wasn’t pregnant anymore, because it wasn’t in God’s plan yet, she decided to go help out and do paper work.

She use to work every day at the clinic to help out Rita.

“Rita.”

Madeline chuckled out and smiled. Rita was just a sweet, elderly woman who wanted everyone to have the peace and joy that she had.

Madeline pulled up, got out and locked their newer suburban’s doors. As she walked in, she put on a happy smile, not fake this time.

 She remembered walking through them doors many times with a plastered smile. But, no. Not this morning.

 The reason for her joy now-a-days?

God.

 He just excited her way too often for her deserving. God was just so good to her and Ethan…even if He hadn’t let them be parents yet.

She knew that no matter how much she thought that she was ready, one way or another, whether she saw it or not, they were not ready.

And now, she knew what God saw. Ethan and her may have thought they were spiritually full, emotionally stable, and mentally prepared, but the problem was their faith.

After going through it all, she learned that as much as she thought she was giving God 100 percent, it was only 99.

Now, she was leaning 100 percent fully on God. Even if He decided that it was best for them to experience any more miscarriages, Madeline now knew that, even though the death of a child-born or unborn- hurt, it was a part of God’s plan.

 One way or another, it was the right way to go! She knew that with all of her heart now.

“Well, hey there, Sugar!” Rita said sweetly as Madeline turned the corner at the office area. “Hi, Rita. How have you been?”

“Well, I’ve been fine and dandy. How ‘bout you, sugarplum?” Rita smiled as she placed her hand underneath her frail chin.

“I’m getting it, Rita. God’s plan. And I’m learning how to fully place my trust in Him, you know?”

Madeline asked, hoping that the wise woman would probably know.

Rita smiled and nodded her head.

 “Yes, I do understand. Why don’t we get to work, darling? Let’s get you to sort through these files,” Rita said, while picking up a stack of yellow file folders “and set appointments for our newest clients. Sound good to you?”

Rita asked, hopeful. Madeline nodded. “Yes, ma’am. I’ll get right on it.” Madeline grabbed the stack and walked down the hall to an extra office that she would use whenever she was there.

It was decorated it teal and brown, just the way she designed it as. She sat the files down and began.

After one hour of organizing, appointment making, calling, filing, searching, and grouping files, Madeline needed a break.

She walked out of “her” office, down the hall, through the waiting area for clients, and out the main entrance.

Although there was quite a cool breeze, and Madeline didn’t have her coat, it felt good to her. She needed something to ‘wake her up.’

She turned her head when she heard a heavy breath. What she saw made her heart fall through her chest. There stood a young boy, mid-teens, leaning against the glass window of the clinic, blowing out a wide ranged breath of nicotine form his cigarette.

 He turned his head to meet eyes with Madeline and tsk’ed at her.

 “What do you want? I don’t want to be here, but my parent’s made me come. You can go back in now. I don’t care what anyone says, no one is going to tell me what to do. I will do what I want, when I want. It’s a free country.”

The boy spat the words out, as if Madeline were dirt. She knew how crude a troubled teen could be, and how hard it can be to get through to one, but something drew her to this specific boy.

 She never talked to the clients, she would leave that up to her husband. She was a kind soul to them. But, Madeline felt a tugging at her heart to talk to the boy.

“It’s fine. I’m not out here to push you into anything you don’t want to do. I just needed a breath of air.” Madeline breathed in happily and she looked forward and smiled.

She turned her body towards the boy and held out her hand.

“My name is Madeline.”

The boy hesitated before grabbing her hand and shaking it gently. She noticed he didn’t grab it as if it were steel, as many of the other troubled teens did.

Madeline noted that he didn’t answer her back.

“I guess you don’t have a name…” she drifted her sentence, trying to encourage him to continue. Something in her told her to keep him talking.

 She could tell by his low-riding jeans, old t-shirt, and sideways bill cap that he had probably came from the wrong side of the tracks.

“I’m Travis. Travis Burmingham. But, don’t think you know me just because you know my name. You don’t know me. You don’t!” The boy shouted.

Madeline nodded courageously, not going to let fear break even a knuckle of her being. “Well, Travis, I’m not saying that I do know you. But I’d like to be your friend someday.”

The boy, Travis, rolled his eyes as he huffed his cigarette once again.

“I don’t understand why my parent’s made me come. They think that this stupid psychiatrist is going to help.” The boy paused before going on.

“Well, he’s not going to. He’s just some prep jerk who has everything he’s probably ever wanted.”

Madeline shook her head in disagreement. “No. I assure you he doesn’t have everything that he has ever wanted.” Madeline said, referring to the miscarriage, although the boy didn’t know.

“But, he is good with kids and teens. Believe it or not, he use to be exactly where you are right now, Travis.”

“And where exactly was that?” Travis asked interested.

Madeline smiled. “I’ll let him tell you, sweetie.”

After carrying on a few more minutes of small talk with Travis, she decided it was time to get back to work.

“Well, Travis, I hate to cut this short, but I really do need to get back to work.” Travis nodded as he dropped the last inch of his cigarette to the ground and smooshed it with his foot.

Madeline reached in her pocket to find 1 free post it and a small carry-pin. Just what she needed.

Lord, you work in very mysterious ways…she thought.

 She held the post it to the window while writing and took it off with a tearing sound from where the stickiness tuck to the window a little.

“Here.” She said handing Travis the post it that had her and Ethan’s address on it.

 “Come here tomorrow, You could join us for dinner.” She smiled.

 Travis searched the post it as if it were a treasure map. “There isn’t a time on here, Ms. Madeline.”

Madeline was shocked he had used a respectful tone, but appreciated it.

She opened the glass door of the main entrance and said “Dinner will be at 7. But, come at 6. I’d like to finish our chat.”

Before she could go any further, Travis grabbed her arm gently. “May I ask, who we is?”

Madeline smiled. “Me and my husband, Dr. Thomas.”

Travis’ face fell. She knew he was probably regretting his chosen words about Ethan, but she didn’t mind.

The boy was just a confused and hurting teen who needed some guidance. And if she could help it, it would be standing on Biblical principles.

“Nice meeting you, Travis.” Madeline said and walked through the glass door, but not before seeing Travis nod and smile at her.

She knew she had done the right thing by talking to the boy.

She also knew that God was leading her to witness to the boy, and with God by her side, she could do all things through Him… because only He can give her strength.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

67.9K 1K 27
My name is Lexi and I always have a way of screwing things up. I just graduated high School in the summer. It is now fall and I am six months pregn...
708 64 15
You Have To Read Kissin' On My Tattoos First!!!!!! August and Bahja are doing pretty good?? Bahja is now 7 months pregnant. August is being faithfu...
8.4K 312 22
Happily married. On good terms with all. Expecting a baby boy. Everything seems to be working out for good. But remember, things aren't always what t...
437K 28.5K 40
Logan and his bandmates had just finished with their concert and were on their way to the next location when they were in a horrible accident. Logan'...