Ridiculous Thoughts

By mantology

Experimental poetry I wrote after facing heartbreak. Most of the titles in these poems are inspired by my fav... More

DAFFODIL LAMENT PT. 1
LITTLE REGGIE
LITTLE LOVE, NARCISSUS
I'M JANE CAMPBELL, I'M A HUMAN BEING
WARRIOR WOMAN
I'M A WEREWOLF AT NIGHT
RIDICULOUS THOUGHTS
THE INEXORABLE
DAFFODIL LAMENT PT. 2
WISH YOU WERE HERE
ODE TO MY FAMILY

ODE TO MY OLD LOVER

22 8 5
By mantology

This goes to my old lover / the girl with freckled skin / you told me not to be myself / I obeyed like your priest in church / they do say straight girls should not be trusted / they say they'll always break your heart / but there was something about you / something that I couldn't let pass.

This goes to my old lover / the pretty boy with curly hair / the truth is we never were lovers / the truth is we were just friends / but your girlfriend never liked me / she called me bitch and slut / and even though you broke up with her / you and I were never alone.

This goes to my old lover / the one that never knew my name / your blue eyes and white skin were never really my thing / but you were so sweet and caring / a boy I should adore / you never cared about me though / so why should I stop and bawl?

This goes to my old lover / the one I called best friend / for days and nights I only wanted you / only wanted to hold your hand / damn you for never letting me / damn you for pushing me away / you never stopped to wonder / if I truly was in pain / oh, when will I ever learn?

This goes to my old lover / the girl with red hair / you're a reflection of myself / of my annoying, younger self / perhaps I never loved you / perhaps I never cared / 'cos lately I have the tendency, of confusing other's feelings with myself.

Perhaps I'll never truly learn.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

90.2M 2.9M 134
He was so close, his breath hit my lips. His eyes darted from my eyes to my lips. I stared intently, awaiting his next move. His lips fell near my ea...
19.1K 1K 34
إلى مَن زَرعِت بِداخلنا بُذورها الطِيبة بخفة أصابُعها لِتنمو بدَاخلنا الأتَاراِكسِيا لِيلَاس ♡ ‼️للقُراءِ الجُدد‼️ إِذا لازالت الأحداث تتحلى بغموضه...
9.9M 500K 199
In the future, everyone who's bitten by a zombie turns into one... until Diane doesn't. Seven days later, she's facing consequences she never imagine...
1.7M 17.3K 3
*Wattys 2018 Winner / Hidden Gems* CREATE YOUR OWN MR. RIGHT Weeks before Valentine's, seventeen-year-old Kate Lapuz goes through her first ever br...