From her diary to her heart

By burntpapers

#8 in Romance (September 13 2016) COMPLETED Expectations are something which truly mock you in the face. When... More

1.Discovering the misfortune..
2.The Hamlet situation
3. Memories that call
4.Graduation and it's aftermath
5. Fixed
6.Meeting
7.The l-awfully wed.
8.Knowing Margaret
9.A surprise engagement.
10. Endearments
11. In public.
##SOMETHING IMPORTANT
12.Not that easy
13.The Other side.
14. Our first
15.The lies we say
16. The X games
17.The debt reverts
18. The engagement party
19. Let you know
20. The week after.
21.The wedding
22. Crossroad.
23.Left behind
24.Her diary
25.Finding out (Part 1)
26. Finding out (part 2)
27. News
28. Out of hiding
29. Following her
30. The unseen
31. Where she lies.
32.Blue days
33. Trial
35. Welcome home.
36. At her service
37. My worries
#Something important (part 2)
38.The charade
39. When he wrote
40. You do
41. A paradise
42. Love.
Another story
MILESTONE!

34. A sight to believe

77.9K 3K 183
By burntpapers

I followed Jake all the way till he stopped in front of a door. He slowly pushed the handle of the door and we both entered. Honestly I feared the worst. I had tried to prepare myself for the worst. I knew I would fail miserably.
When I finally saw her I was surprised.
She was just alright as before. Everything looked normal and it was opposite of what I had thought of.

"She was conscious a while before."

"What?" I turned to Jake.

"She'll be fine. She is out of danger. Doc gave her some meds for her to rest. She's just sleeping. Normally this time. She'll wake up in couple of hours."

I immediately hugged Jake. I was waiting to hear those words since forever. I never felt so relieved. It seemed as a huge weight lifted up off me. I could breathe.

"You should kiss my feet for telling you this. Worship me."

"I can still knock you out."

"Okay okay got it."

I pulled out from the hug and he was grinning in a weird way.

"I owe Tiffany now."

"How?"

"This is the first time you have ever hugged me. Like properly." He joined his hands and twisted them.

"You're just...."
I couldn't be irritated by him. He never changed no matter what.
I laughed at him. I was so relieved.
"Thank you for being by my side all this while."

"That's not allowed you know that. Thanking me? What am I receptionist? Although..."

"Stop talking. I really do want to thank you."

"I understand. I gotta go though. Text me when she wakes up."

"Yeah."

"And one more thing Zylen."

"What?"

"Don't let her slip away."

I nodded understanding him. He walked out of the room and I turned back to Tiffany.
I took the chair and placed it beside her bed. I sat down and stared at her. She looked weak but somewhat better.

The last two months of our marriage were filled with so many memories. When I had seen her after my business trip I had so many feelings going through me. I didn't realized that how much I had terribly missed her so until I saw her. Parting ways with her was something I couldn't imagine now. My pride was the only thing which had let me through the months without her presence. But now I don't think I had any.

I was shamelessly in love with her.

In those two months we lived like a couple. Laughing, teasing, fighting. I was somewhat happy even when I knew that this was all hoax. A golden time.
I wanted more of it.

I held her hand and kissed it. and rested my head beside it. Sleep caught up with me easily. It felt like I was sleeping for the first time.

__________________________

I felt somebody pressing my hand gently. A hand went through my hair smoothly. I liked the familiar touch.

All of sudden my senses came rushing through and I was awake. I got up suddenly and she recoiled. She looked scared.

"No no it's okay."
The monitor had suddenly started beeping very fast.
"I am sorry I scared you."

She looked at me with those guilty looking eyes. Her face was flushed and she looked down to cover herself in the tresses of her hair. I wanted to hug her, kiss her and do what not but I pushed all that aside. I couldn't believe myself. Jake wasn't joking.

"How are you feeling?
I gave her a glass of water and she gulped it down immediately.
I gave her one more and she shyly took it.

" I am feeling fine."
She cleared her throat. Hearing her voice after such a long time made my heart stop beating. I would lose it if I spent more time in her presence. I had longed to hear her voice. I still couldn't believe myself. I had to excuse myself.

"I should call the doctor. Let him know that you're awake."
I came out of the room and informed the nurse. She acknowledged and went to call the doctor.
I went to the bathroom and turned the tap on to wash my face. When I saw myself in the mirror I cringed. My hair was standing awkwardly. I looked like a mess.

"No wonders she got scared of you." I pointed at myself in the mirror.
Washing my face multiple times I even damped my hair to set it back.
I slumped down clutching the sink's edge. She was fine. She woke up finally. I laughed at it. I was nervous to go back to her room. I got up encouraging myself to go back. I was nervous. It was surreal. I couldn't believe it. It was beyond my expectations. I had almost given up my hope. Despairing at her when all of sudden one fine day she's alright. I wanted to cry out loud.
I got up finally shaking myself out of the haze. I had to focus.
From outside the door I saw that the doctor interviewing and she responding normally to him nodding her head. I nervousky entered the room and both looked at me.
The doctor smiled.

"She is absolutely fine. We had a situation but it's alright now. Her recovery is good. We can expect her to discharge in two days."

"That is very good. Thank you so much." I shook the doctor's hand and he left us alone.

I finally looked at Tiffany and saw her fidgeting with her bedsheet. How many times did I actually dream her waking up. I was not going to let her slip away. I was going to care of her. I promised.

"You are doing good."
I finally said.

"Yeah I guess I am. I feel fine." She seemed a bit nervous and fidget more.

"Do you need something? I can get you."

"No I shouldn't trouble you."

"You have enough."

The soon I said it I realized my blunder. Damn I just had to say something like that.
I looked at her and she sunk down even more. Her hair covering most of her face.
I was the worst person.

Just when you thought.

"I am sorry for the trouble." She whispered-said.

"No I am sorry. I just- nevermind me. Umm here have some water?"
I refilled her glass and she took it from me. Halfway through her drinking she stopped and kept the glass aside. She tried to get up.

"What happened? Are you alright?"

"Umm no. I uh... have to pee."
She blushed looking away immediately.

"Wait ,let me help you to get up."

"Oh no it's really okay." She whipped her head furiously and muttered something under her breath. She struggled to get up holding the edge of her bed tightly. Shakely she walked towards the bathroom.
I again came forward to give her support but she gestured that she was fine.
After a while she slowly made her way towards the bed. She climbed onto the bed and settled.
I drew the sheet over her. She froze stone hard visibly shocked.

"It's okay."
I whispered to her. Pushing back her shoulder I made her lay comfortably.
"You need to get healthy soon."

"Hmm."

"Your bandage is wet."
The edge if her bandage was a little bit wet when I noticed her forehead.
She touched it and said.
"I washed my face."

"You shouldn't let it get wet. I could have arranged wet towels for you."

"I didn't know."

"You should be careful."

She looked at me almost about ti apologise but I stopped her.

We didn't talk much after that.
I frequently asked her how she was and what did she want. She demand nothing in return.
I still did provide for her anything, even she didn't want to.
We were silent for a really long time. I was staring at her from the corner of my eye when she said.

"I really feel useless."

"Why?"

"I mean can't I just go already.
....... I am really fine."

I smiled at her.
"It's barely been a day. You have to do two more days."

"I can't just sit like this and do nothing."

I knew that. I knew that very well. I always saw her digging into the laptop or studying the plans. She always had the itch to work.

"Do you want anything to read?"

"Oh yes that would be so good!"
She exclaimed but then calmed down immediately excusing her self softly.
I laughed at her shyness. She could be embarrassed so easily.

"Newspapers? Magazines?"

"I hate magazines." She looked away.

I remained quite at that. We remembered the same thing. It was mutually obvious. Our argument.

"I could tell Duncan to get some books from his library?"

"Yeah. I love his collection."

"Oh sh- I have to call him."
I took out my phone.
As the call connected to him I informed him about Tiffany's condition.
First he was aghast but then he made me repeat over four times that she was awake. He demanded to talk to her immediately.
I handed over the phone to Tiffany and when she started talking I could hear his half desperate half happy voice through the phone well clear.
She assured him a thousand times that she was fine.
I was close by hearing the conversation very carefully. When he made the plan to come and meet her right away I snatched the phone away from her. I convinced Duncan to visit her tomorrow as she would be tired today. He considered it and then said I was so considerate about Tiffany and thanked me once again. He had no idea. I was just being plain selfish but I didn't mind.
Later I called Jake informing him and he literally squealed. I told him to tell Mia to understand that she was tired so she could visit her tomorrow instead of today. He agreed with me and shortly after I ended the call.

"They all will visit you tomorrow."

"Thank you for understanding. I don't think I would be energetic for Mia."

Oh no.

I really felt guilty after hearing that from her. She also thought I was being considerate too.
If she had the slightest idea what sort of things I imagined she would have freaked out.

"You're​ welcome." I said it solemnly.

"I am actually nervous to meet them." She admitted.

"Why they are family. You shouldn't be. You should really look forward to it. If I were you I would have."

"You're right. I should look forward to it more than getting nervous.Thanks again."

"You're​ welcome."
I kept my phone inside.
"Were you nervous when you saw me?"

"You?"

"Yeah me."
I observed her closely as I waited for her response.

"She raised he eyebrows.
"More like overwhelmed. I mean...I guess that."

I didn't know if she meant it in a good way or a bad way. Was she being real or was she just being polite to me? I really wanted to ask her but I didn't probe her more. It wouldn't be good.

"I guess I should leave now." I sighed out.

"You're leaving?"
I heard her voice which suddenly seemed sad to me. I looked back to see that she looked a little saddened. He black eyes conveyed them clearly. Maybe be my eyes played with me. Did she look sad?

"The visiting hours are over by thus time."

"Oh."
She sunk back into her bed.
She looked disappointed. At this moment I wanted to wrap my arms around her. I couldn't stand it. But I had to calm myself down.
I would practically kill her if I did that. She was still recovering.

Don't make me do things which might hurt you.

"I'll be back tomorrow in the earliest hour."

"Okay." She felt better. I could see her in face.

"Good night then."

"Good night."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

108K 5.1K 25
''Let me help you, ma'am,'' a man who was probably the flight attendant said. Damn. Ryerson Reeds even had handsome flight attendants. The man stoope...
166K 6.8K 48
Do arrange marriages work out? Meet Zoya Ahmed! A unique, simple,carefree girl! A girl who stands up for rights A girl that is just filled with so m...
4.8M 154K 52
what would you have done if you had a fight with the CEO of the company you work in and threw a bottle of 7 up on his face purposely outside a supe...
712K 24.9K 65
"You found me as a kid. Now let my adult self grow old with you..." --------------------------------------------- "We'll marry as soon as we meet aga...