Naomi [Wattys 2017]

By HusseinaJafiya

*COMPLETED* Formerly known as: The Cow Bee. When Naomi was four she got vitiligo, also known as leucoderma... More

Author's note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chaptet 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Epilogue
New story alert!
Wattys 2017

Chapter 11

573 79 4
By HusseinaJafiya

The above picture is to give you an idea of what vitiligo looks like. This is Naomi's condition.

Chapter 11

We've been sitting down in the restaurant for about thirty minutes without any of us saying anything. There was just this awkward silence around us. Neither of us knew what to talk about.

I've been using my phone to stalk people on Facebook while Adam on the other side was using his phone too. The waiter has already taken down our order and they seem to be taking long to bring our food.

When I told him I was Naomi, he still had the same expressionless face. I really want to know what he thought of me and to make matters worse, he hasn't been talking. I am genuinely sure he has been surprised that the 'baby girl' he talks to on Facebook is me.

Adam seems more unpredictable than the way he is on Facebook. I saw him as the extrovert and happy type but tonight made me rethink of who he is.

I look at him and gave him a small smile but he doesn't smile at all which makes me feel really uncomfortable.

"So is this your first time here?" I break the awkward silence.

He shakes his head with the same expressionless face.

Silence fell again.

I sigh and check my watch to see its only 7:30 pm.

"Can you excuse me to the bathroom?" He finally talks.

I smile and nod my head then he walks away within a swift of seconds.

I took my phone and called the only person I knew that would know how to help me in this condition.

"Hey Naomi!" Hayley exclaimed. "How's boo boo doing?"

I roll my eyes when she said the boo boo word.

"He's obnoxious." I said catching my breath. "He doesn't want to talk to me."

"Aww poor you. Why don't you try talking first?"

"I did but all he does is nod his head and look at his phone."

"He's probably shy. I don't blame him when he's looking at a hot lad." She blurts out.

I groan. "Hayley this is serious. I need help."

"Maybe you should keep talking, then he will flow along with the conversation. Especially if you talk about something he's interested in."

I tried to think of what Adam was most interested in because he used to tell me a lot of things but I couldn't figure out.

Photo-

Yes pictures!

"Photography!" I exclaimed

"Photography?" Hayley asked on the other end of the phone.

"Yes photography. That's what he is interested in."

"Boring. Goodluck bringing a conversation about it."

I chuckle at her words because it's true. Photography can be boring but what else can I tell Adam that he will be so interested in.

"Thanks for the help."

"Anytime pretty one. Don't forget to spice me up about the date tomorrow." She squeals.

"Yeah yeah. Bye Hayley before he comes back soon."

"No problem girl! Have fun!"

I hung up the phone and checked around to see if Adam was approaching but I'm glad he wasn't.

The question now is, what should i talk about in photography?

I tried thinking of anything interesting related to it but I couldn't figure out what to say.

Adam why do you have to be this boring?

I sigh and wished myself luck in asking Adam about photography.

"Basil chicken with vermicelli." The waiter says while holding a plate as she cuts me off from my thoughts.

"Yes that's mine."

"Chicken cacciatore casserole." She says Adams's order which was in another plate.

I nodded as I gestured for her to put the plate on Adams side of the table.

She drops his food and goes.

I look round to see if Adam was coming but he wasn't.

How long do guys stay in the bathroom. I did not want to start eating my meal because I found it rude, so I decided to wait for him to get back.

I start playing temple run on my phone to distract me from the delicious looking food.

After dying like five times on temple run, I look at the food.

I give up. I am going to eat it right away.

I turn round to see if Adam was coming but he wasn't.

Well I might start eating, I don't care anymore.

I take my time to eat the heavenly made food until a waiter appears beside me.

"Need anything else?" She asked.

I smile at her and shake my head before downing into my food.

I am almost done eating and Adam is not here.

Where has he been?

I send a message to him on Facebook and decided to wait for his reply.

Twenty minutes has passed and he has not replied neither has he come back.

I finish my food before I rest my back on the chair.

I start to get worried about Adam. I really hope I wasn't getting date dumped.

I take my phone and start playing temple run again.

'10% battery mode' pops up while I play the game.

I start to get more worried as I send a message to Adam.

I leave my phone on the table as I await his reply.

Screw it.

I pick up my phone and call Adam.

The phone rings.

No answer.

I try again.

The phone rings.

No answer.

I was about to try the last time until my battery decided to die.

Noooo.

Did somebody curse me this night?

A male waiter passes by and I stop him.

"Please could you help me go to the gent's bathroom to see if a guy with black spiky hair and round eyes." I knew I wasn't explaining well. "He's wearing a black blazer and brown chinos."

He smiles and nods his head as he walks away.

I patiently wait for the waiter to be back.

After two minutes I turn to see the waiter coming back to my table.

"I am sorry but nobody is in the bathroom Miss." He said.

I blinked my eyes to be sure if I was hearing well.

"Do you want to pay for your order now?" The waiter asked without even bothering about my reaction.

I shake my head. The waiter walks away.

I bury my face in my arms.

This is not happening to me. Adam could not leave me like this.

He promised me.

I stood up to check the front of the restaurant if he's somewhere around. I look through the parking lot and the left and right side of the street in front of the restaurant but I didn't see anybody like Adam.

I start walking back shaking. I look at my watch to realize the time is 9:45 pm. I need to go home now.

I walk back to my table and sit back on my seat.

I feel my eyes getting wet.

Please stop Naomi. Don't cry over a boy.

But I wasn't strong enough to hold back the tears that are about to fall.

"Waiter!" I said as the same lady waiter that served me comes to my table. "Please can I have my bill."

"Sure I'm coming straight away."

Then she brings back a receipt on a tray.

I look at it and see Adam's order too.

"I'm sorry but do I have to pay for the other person's food?" I asked dryly. "Because he hasn't touched it."

"You have to darling. It has already been made and can't be taken back." She replied.

My mouth went dry as I felt my face go pale. The tears want to come down more.

Adam is such a dick.

"Are you okay miss?" The waiter asked.

I didn't bother to answer her. I just get out the cash from my wallet and drop it on the tray.

I stood up quickly to leave the restaurant without bothering about getting any change back. I didn't want the waiter or anyone to see my horrible face right now. I hate it when I cry in public.

I quickly look for a cab near the restaurant and luckily for me I found one. I told the taxi driver my house address in my sobbing voice and thank God he was able to hear me because I sound like a dying cow.

I look out the window still trying to fight away the tears but it doesn't want to end.

The taxi driver offers me tissue which was very sweet of him. But that still didn't stop my horrible situation.

As I finally got home, I tried to open the door silently because I knew everybody will be asleep by now. I raced to my room and immediately slammed the door.

I slowly fall to the ground while leaning on the door. I start crying more than I could ever imagine.

Why do I have to be living under this curse all my life?? I never did anything to hurt anyone.

I knew Adam will not like me for who I am and I also hate myself so much for who I am.

I start sobbing really bad on the floor that I start to get a terrible headache which was really making the situation worse.

I run to my bathroom to fetch water in the glass that's in the bathroom. I take a sip of the water and look at myself in the mirror.

"You're so ugly!" I shout to the mirror. "Nobody wants you, you ugly cow! Cow bee!"

I lean my head on the mirror and start sobbing more. I hold my hands to my chest to feel the pain that's rushing into my chest.

I look up closely at myself in the mirror one last time. My eyes were bloody red.

I chose not to live like this but it happened.

"I hate you so much Naomi!" I shout again.

Then I take the metal cup holder and throw it really hard to the mirror.

The mirror breaks. The glasses shatters on the floor.

I look at the broken mirror and see half of myself.

My mum runs into my room with her pink robe. She looks at the bathroom floor with shock on her face. She looks at me and gasped.

"Ohh Naomi." She cried out as she runs to me and hugs me.

She takes me to my bed and I hold her tight and start crying more.

"I hate myself mum." I sob. "I really do."

"Don't say that sweetie." She takes tissue and bring it to my face.

"Then why did he leave me??" I cry harder cleaning my face then I hold on to her tighter. "He promised he won't dump me and he did. Why would he do it?"

"He's very crazy for leaving you." She hugs me tighter. "He's surely going to regret it."

"He won't. Never will. Who will ever like a cow like me."

"I do. Everybody in your family loves you. Your friends too."

I didn't answer her but I just nod my head and keep sobbing in mum's chest.

Never will I forget this day.

The day I cried so bad about myself.

The day I had my first date and I was dumped.

The day I felt stupid.

But I know this day will teach me a lesson and make me stronger than I am now.

For every tear strengthens a person.

__________________
END OF CHAPTER 11

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.4K 201 36
Hunter and Amelia are childhood friends. However, Amelia's feelings for Hunter aren't much of a secret. Hunter goes from girl to girl because of his...
187K 9.2K 39
Sugar McKenzie and August Wakefield couldn't be more different - Sugar, a meticulous, caring, but lonely paramedic and August, a charming former real...
143K 5.7K 51
HIGHEST RANKING-1st in wedding! {23/05/18} & 1st in Laugh! {11/08/18} 13th in Romance! {03/12/18} Sequel to Mr Hulk's Jelly Bunny->Can be read as a...
408K 10.5K 57
"Her troubled eyes held fire. The kind of fire that was capable of burning me to ash." ***** I grabbed her chin with my free hand, making her look at...