The Player's First Crush

By WorrylessReader

Annabelle Richardson and Daniel Swift have been best friends since they were three. But Annabelle always like... More

The Player's First Crush
2: The Player's First Crush
3: The Player's First Crush
4: The Player's First Crush
5: The Player's First Crush
6: The Player's First Crush
7: The Player's First Crush
8: The Player's First Crush
9: The Player's First Crush
10: The Player's First Crush
11: The Player's First Crush
13: The Player's First Crush
14: The Player's First Crush
15: The Player's First Crush

12: The Player's First Crush

2.8K 68 12
By WorrylessReader

Annabelle:

I walked outside with Daniel following him to where ever he wanted to go. It's been too long since I have hugged him or took walks with him. This used to be a daily routine, there was never a day that we would go without seeing each other, unless one of us were on vacation. I wanted to smile and hug the life out of him, but I knew this was only temporary. He's trying to forget about his grandma and I'm conveniently here to help him. There was still that part of me that wanted to believe that he wanted me back, but I wouldn't let that thought roam around my head for too long. Tears stung in my eyes, but I did everything in my power to keep them from coming down. I wanted to tell him something, but if I did the tears would fall down. I wanted to walk away so he wouldn't think I'm weak, but I also wanted to stay here with him. This might be the only time where we're actually walking together on good terms. This reminded me of how deprived I am of Daniel's touch. I shouldn't be thinking about this, I have a boyfriend, who is kind to me unlike Daniel, and who cares about me. But why can't I get Daniel out of my head? He isn't worth it, I keep telling myself.

"Annabelle?" I snapped out of my internal rant and looked up at him. His eyes gazing into mine as if trying to figure out something. I whimpered, afraid of bursting out crying right now.

"Are you okay?" He asked. I just realized he was staring at the tears in my eyes. For a second there I thought it was going to be those love at first sight moments you see in the movies. I nodded and looked away. I sniffed, making an ugly sound but it did a pretty good job at keeping the tears away for a little longer.

How did I make it through three years without him? And months with him hating me? I truly realized what I lost. My best friend. I tear made it's way down my cheek. I quickly wiped it away.

"Annabelle," Daniel said softly. If that supposed to make me feel better, it didn't, it only made me more sad. I feel like he hasn't said my name in so long. "Is it because of my grandma, it's okay, she's in a better place." I sniffed. Of course he would be oblivious as to why I'm on the verge of sobbing. I didn't want to tell him the truth so I nodded. "She's in a better place looking down on us smiling," he continued. I decided to keep up the act, "You really believe that?" I sniffed again for dramatic affect.

"Yes," he whispered. Then the craziest thing happened. He pulled me into a hug. This is the first time in so long that I recieved a hug from Daniel. I wrapped my arms his torso and hugged him tight. It might actually the last time he gives me a hug. I heard him suck in air, almost trying to resist crying too.

"You want to go eat?" Daniel asked.

"Can we just walk in the park instead," I answered without thinking. That would have been my response three years ago but not now, not on these conditions. He nodded and started walking to the park. I stood there like an idiot because I didn't know what to do. I wanted to take a walk in the park but it will only make me cry remembering all the times we were in this park together.

"Annabelle, I thought you wanted to go to the park." Daniel looked confused. I nodded and walked toward the park as well. We both didn't say anything. I wish I could say it was a comfortable silence, but it's not. We didn't say anything because we had nothing to say. I didn't want to say anything that could spark up an argument. I'm doing a pretty good job at keeping the tears from falling, but I don't know how long it will last.

Daniel sat on the bench and I followed him, sitting beside him with a few inches of space between us. Neither of us said a word. I looked straight ahead when I felt Daniel looking at me. I didn't want him to see me like that. Vunerable.

It wasn't until I felt something salty that I realized I was crying. I cursed myself for being weak. I hated being like this, but I couldn't help it. Daniel brings the vunerable and weak side of me. Without thinking I got up and ran. Ran to the tree's where I could think to myself and cry by myself. I heard Daniel saying my name, but I couldn't go back. I can't be in the same place as him. I sat beside the tree and sobbed. I don't know why I'm crying so much.

I blew my chance with him. We were finally on okay terms and I ran away. Why would I do that? I cursed myself again. I shouldn't cry like this, people only cry like this when they had a heart break. I can call what I experienced a heart break, though I'm the one that caused it.

"Annabelle, whats really going on?" I jumped up when I heard his voice. It didn't occur to me that he will ever attempt to talk to me, let alone follow me here. I shook my head not trusting my voice.

"I know you're not crying because of my grandma, what's wrong?" He sounded concerned which only made me want to cry more. I miss this Daniel. I sniffed.

"Nothing," I managed to whisper. I wiped my tears and stood up determined for him not to see me like this. I faced him and kept a straight face. "Nothing is wrong, I just have a lot on my mind."

"Is everything okay?" Daniel asked. I felt my knees getting a little weak, but I remained standing up. This was the Daniel I knew and loved, always concerned about me. I wanted to say "No everything is not okay, I just want a hug." Instead I said, "Don't act like you care!" And I walked away. It was something I seem to be doing a lot lately walking away, as if I could walk away from my problems. I don't know how Daniel looked like when I said what I said. I wanted to see his face. I felt bad for thinking it, but I wanted him to be hurt that I walked away. I want to mean something to him.

Something caught my hand right before i made it to the parking lot. I turned around to find the only person I didn't want to see at the moment. Daniel Swift.

"Annabelle, seriously, what's going on? I'm trying aren't I? Usually I would just walked away letting you cry." He's trying? Trying to do what? I didn't have the strength to ask him. I didn't even have the strength to stand up, I just wanted to put my arms around him. And I did. I let my gaurds fall for just two minutes where I can enjoy Daniel's embrace. The best part was when Daniel hugged me back. What if we could finally be friends again? What if everything could go back to the way it would be? I knew it wouldn't happen, but I continue to hold on hope, even though I know I shouldn't.

"Why were you crying?" Daniel asked. I looked into his familiar green eyes. I surpressed a smile.

"I was just having a bad day." I exhaled a little too loudly. I miss this Daniel, could I have gotten him back? I was just happy he's here.

Daniel:

Something was different about Annabelle. Not the crying part, she was always emotional, but the way she acts. Or maybe it's the way that I see it.

We walked to the parking lot. "Want to get something to eat?"She asked quietly. I nodded, and took her hand, then I felt something which made me let go. She looked at me curiously, I just smiled and shook my head. Luke's fucking up the way I think. He said when he touches Melenie he feels an electricity jolt run up threw his spine. That kind of shit only happens to girls. I'm sure she just accidently shocked me.

"Daniel," Annabelle said stopped in front of me. I looked into her sad honey blond eyes waiting for her to continue. "Why are you acting like this? You hate me." She shook her head as if arguing with herself. Not wanting to explain it to her I took her hand - ignoring the accidental shock it gave me again - and took her to the closest fast food restaurant.

"Take a seat I'll order," I told Annabelle. We took the ten minute walk to McDonalds. If Annabelle didn't change, she would want a double cheese burger. I'm sure she did change, I'm still going to get her that. I looked back at the table she was sitting. She's playing with the hem of her shirt trying to keep herself occupied.

"May I take your order?"

"Uhh, yeah. Two double cheese burger and two coke's," I ordered. She nodded and winked at me, discreetly checking me out. By now I would have said something to make her giggle, or get seductive, but I didn't.

I got the tray and walked to our table, surprisngly to find Melenie and Luke sitting there too. "They came in and I invited them to sit with us," Annabelle explained.

"Sorry, man," Luke said. I nodded and put the tray on the table giving one of the burgers to Annabelle. She mumbled a thank you and went straight to eating it.

"Sorry about your loss Daniel," said Melenie. I nodded again and started to eat my burger. I didn't realize how much I wanted to be alone with Annabelle, until Luke and Melenie ruined it.

"Woah Annabelle, you don't have to eat the burger so fast, we got time," Melenie told Annabelle. Annabelle shrugged and continued eating. That was one thing I used to love about Annabelle, she ate like a guy, and she never changed that.

"What were you guys doing in the neighbourhood?" Annabelle asked when she finished chewing a bite of her burger.

"Well, we were walking around, and Luke got hungry so we came here, only to meet you too here. What's going on?" Melenie raised an eyebrow.

"Nothing," Annabelle and I answered at the same time, making them suspicious. "We bumped into each other and got hungry at the same time.." Annabelle trailed off doing a bad attempt at lying. Always a bad lair.

"Annabelle you do know you're a shitty lair right?" Melenie said.

"I'm not lying," Annabelle answered defiantly. I surpressed a chuckle.

"Okay Daniel what really happened?" I shrugged in response. Nothing spectatcular happened, me and Annabelle just came here to eat. Just like old times.

"Luke, I want to go to ... that uhh store over there," Melenie ten minutes after we saw them. Luke nodded like the fucking whipped guy that he is. Melenie winked at Annabelle, and left with Luke.

"We still have to work on the ISU, we completely forgot about it," Annabelle reminded.

"Yeah," I replied and took another bite of my burger.

Annabelle:

Being here with Daniel felt like nothing bad happened to us in the last three years. Like we're back where we left off. He smiled, which made me smile too.

"Why don't you just do the ISU, I'm only going to slow you down," Daniel said.

"You're not going to learn anything," I stated.

"So? I don't care. This is just another shitty assignment to keep us busy." I chuckled.

"True, but it counts for so much, and I'm not going to do all the work and you get the credit," I joked. Well I meant what I said, but I said it in a joking tone. He grinned and took the last bite of his burger. I finished a while before him. He was always a slow eater.

"Wanna get anything else?" He asked me. I shook my head and got up, pushing the seat in. I walked to the door waiting for him while he was throwing away the trash, discreetly checking out his ass.

"Ready to go?" I asked. He nodded and looked at down at my shirt. I immediatly started to feel nervous. "W..What?" I asked hesitantly.

"Oh.. you have something on your shirt." He pointed to a white stain on my shirt. I closed my eyes and cursed my sloppy eating. He chuckled and put his hand under my shirt to pick up the piece of fabric and rub it with the other hand to diminish the stain. I sucked in when his fingers lingered on my stomach.

"Thanks," I said when he put my shirt back.

Daniel:

I saw something different in Annabelle's eyes. They weren't the sad eyes I've been seeing for a while. They're the honey blonde eyes I used to love seeing. The way she was looking at me showed she was thinking about me. Then for the splittest second her eyes flicked down to my lips.

I did what I used to do on a daily basis. I kissed Annabelle. It wasn't a long kiss, I pulled back too soon. That concluded I had to stay away from Annabelle.

There's no fucking way I like Annabelle.

AUTHORS NOTE: Hello Wattpaders! Like this chapter? So this a chapter where you get to see when they're on good terms, but I'm warning you, don't get used to it. I'm sorry, but this is how the story has to go ! Stick with the story, you'll like the ending (:

Anyways, I wanted to thank you all for supporting this story & allthough it's not as popular as a lot of books on wattpad, I don't care, I'm happy that you enjoy this story !

Thoughts on what you think is going to happen next? Thoughts in Annabelle and Daniel? Where do you think Linc stands in this?

I've been getting a lot of homework lately so I might be slow on uploading, but I'll try my best!

So I've recently got tumblr, my tumblr is futurespast.tumblr.com ; check it out & follow if you want, I'll follow you back, but let me know you're from wattpad (:

Comment.Vote.Fan!

Continue Reading