2: The Player's First Crush

Daniel:

Annabelle's in my school? She's back? Annabelle Richardson is back in town? Why did she come back? To laugh at my face and leave me again? I wont let her do that. I don't want to get close to her, she'll find a way to hurt me again. But she can't, I don't love or like girls in that sence. I don't even want another girl best friend. Girl's are just a toy for me and most guys in my school.

Annabelle looked different, she hasn't grown much but she got a lot hotter. I mean behind her loose clothing is probably one hot body.

I just got home from school and finally registered that I have to face Annabelle one more time. Maybe I don't have to, maybe I can just avoid her for the rest of the time she's here.

I can't believe Annabelle is actually best friends with Melenie. Knowing what I know about Melenie she is the opposite of Annabelle, I mean Melenie is so out there and Annabelle...is not.

"Daniel" My mom yelled from upstairs.

"Ya?"

"Come upstairs for a sec" She yelled louder to make sure I heard. I walked upstairs and saw her in a black skirt all dressed up.

"Daniel, we're going to the Richardson's go get dressed"

"But that's Annabelle's family" I complained. I mean it's bad enough I have to face her in school and now we have to go to eachother's houses. So much for avoiding her.

"Yes it is, no go get changed"

"Can't I stay and you guys go?"

"Daniel, that happened 3 years ago. She's a new person, you are too. Be friends again" She said softly. New person my ass. She was probably the same old Annabelle, weak and vonurable but could do shit when she wanted to.

"Mom, there's no point in me going"

"Daniel, you're going and that's final. Go get changed" She said firmly. I did as she asked because when my mom made up her mind, there was no changing it.

Annabelle:

I got home from school and plopped myself on the couch. Daniel seemed almost mad when he noticed. What did I do to him?

Really Annabelle? You're going to ask that?

Okay I did do something but I had my reasons. Was he really that hurt?

Of course he was, he really cared about you.

Yes, but only as a friend. That's all we ever were. Friends.

And apparently he has an on and off relationship with Chloe. What happened to him? My DanDan would never do that.

Too bad your DanDan is gone.

I looked around the house and found it spotless. My house is only spotless when people are coming over. It's usually kind of a mess, and i'm too lazy to clean it.

I walked over to the fridge for some icecream and found a note sticking the fridge door.

'Annabelle, the Swifts are

coming over. Get changed

I'll be back at 6'

Crap. Why are the Swifts coming over? I don't want to face Daniel again today. I don't like the new him but why is it that I still have feelings for him? I mean he's nothing but an ass but I still get butterflies in my stomach when he looks at me.

I'll just stay in my room the whole night and do my homework. But Daniel might not even come. I know whe doesn't like me, so why will he come to my house? I spent a while trying to convince myself that Daniel wasn't coming and school was going to be fine. Both might be lies. Someone knocked heavily on my door.