3: The Player's First Crush

I heard someone knocking on my front door preventing me to sleep but I ignored it. It was early saturday morning, whoever it was wasn't important.

The knocking kept on getting louder and louder until I just couldn't take it anymore and stormed to my front door angerly. I whipped the front door angerly only to find Melenie practically dancing on the porch.

"Melenie do you know what time it is?" I whispered-yelled and motioned her to come into my house.

"OH MY GOD--"

I cut her off,

"Keep it down" I hissed.

"Guess what?" She asked extremely excitedly.

"What?" I asked annoyed and tiredly. It was 6am on a saturday and once I woke up, there was no sleeping for the rest of the day.

"I GOT A CAR" She shrieked right into my ear. Now when Melenie is excited I get scared, she tends to go a little overboard and forgets the safety of herself and other around her.

"Really? Yay" I tried to sound enthusiastic but I just too tired. I moved her to the middle of the foyer because there was nothing she could knock over.

"Im so happy" She grinned. I was glad she was happy, but I silently prayed that I will make it through her happy hours.

"Do you even have a licence?" I asked.

"Of course, remember on my sixteenth birthday I got it?"

"Oh ya.. But I never thought you passed"

"Well I did and now I have a car"

"Congrats Mels, now I have someone to drive me around" I joked.

"As long as I get to drive" She gave one of her award winning grins.

She took me outside to see her new car. No surprise it was an amazing Mercedies. The car is a better one than my parents own.

To my surprise someone suddenly came out of the car. It was Luke. Crap, my hair was a mess, i'm wearing my pj's and it's the first time I saw him in 3 years.

"Hey Annabelle" Luke greeted walking towards us. I quickly put my hair in a ponytail with a hair tie I convenietly found on my wrist.

"Hey Luke" I smiled warmly. He wrapped his arms around Melenie's waist from behind her and kissed her on the cheek. It was so cute. I kind of wish I had a boyfriend like that, cute and caring. Melenie seems to like him a lot by the way she looks at him and smiles when he's around. She went out with a lot of guys she didn't like, so I can tell when she likes someone.

"Happy to be back?" Luke asked.

"Yup" I lied, faking a smile.

"How are you and Daniel?" He asked. I choked on air. How am I and Daniel? I don't think we're on the best terms. Shouldn't Luke know that? He's Daniels best friend.

"Wer'e uhh..." I trailed off trying to find words.

"Well that's a start" Luke said trying to brighten up the mood.

"Yeah" I muttered.

"So.. Let's take my car for a spin shall we?" Melenie changed the topic, noticing the tension.

Luke got in the back seat so I could sit in the front. He's a pretty nice guy, so far anyways. I was a little hesitant to get in the car, I mean Melenie is still in excited mode and it might be awkward with Luke here.

"I don't know about this" I said quietly looking at Melenie.

"I'm not going to hurt you"

"You said that last time" I pointed out.