Disguise

By ARyding

'Once upon a time.' 'And they lived happily ever after.' Fairy tales. Princess stories. The tales your dad te... More

Disguise
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Information about One Shot!
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23 & One-Shot Results
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
epilogue

Chapter 16

19.2K 288 28
By ARyding

Ch. 16

ARABELLA’S POV

“I don’t think I have ever seen you like this.”

“I know,” I moaned, “It’s horrible.”

“Oh pu-lease Bella! Why are you such a downer? This is supposed to be a good thing!” Kara tried to reason with me.

“Oh yeah! This is fantastic.” I said sarcastically.

“It is!’’

“How is it fantastic?” I asked. After a second of thinking I asked, “Why couldn’t I have met him a few months ago?”

“Stop worrying so much, just go with the flow!”

“Yeah that easy for you to say!”

“Try and be more like me Bella!” Kara mocked me with a big grin.

“Oh please Kara!” I giggled, “You know I could have you killed if I wanted right?” I joked pushing her onto my bed.

She snorted, “Oh please you would never.”

“Oh really? And why wouldn’t I?”

“You know that I would totally haunt you and you are sooooo scared of me.”

I stared at her for a second before bursting out laughing.

She smiled triumphantly, “I made you laugh! See this is what you have to be like all the time, so much more fun.”

I sighed, “You are right. Why can’t I have fun? Nothing is going to come of this so why not enjoy it while it lasts?”

“Exactly!” Kara interrupted me.

I ignored her completely and continued, “I have an extremely hot guy wanting to hang out with me and I am going to enjoy it!”

“Now you’re thinking.” Kara through her arm around me and beamed.

I really don’t know what I would do without Kara. I knew that I could be a pessimist at times and if it weren’t for Kara I would just mope around some days. We were total opposites in that way and I loved it.

“Wow, looks like a came just in time for the show.” Demtri smirked looking between Kara and me.

Kara unwrapped her arm from around my shoulders and glared at him. He walked over to my bed and sat down like he owned the place. “Can I help you?” I asked rudely.

“Nah I’m good.” He shrugged knowing that it would bug me.

I took a deep breath before speaking, “Then what are you doing in my room.”

“I was bored,” Was all that he said.

I raised an eyebrow at him. He knew exactly what to do to push my buttons. By the smirk on his face I could tell that he was enjoying it. “I don’t really care if you are bored or not! This is my room and I would like you to leave.” I told him trying to appear stern.

He just lay back on my bed with his hands behind his head obviously getting more comfortable. I grit my teeth together and tried to keep my anger in check. I closed my eyes and pictured Daniel as we danced yesterday and I felt myself calm down a little.

“I’m going to kick you out if you don’t leave.” I threatened. This was my room and my house, I’m sure someone would come and kick him out for me.

He laughed a little, “You do that.”

I thought that he was actually going to leave, guess not. I didn’t want to call someone but I guess I have to now. I walked across my room never, my eyes never leaving his, until I got to the phone attached to my wall. From the corner of my eye I could see Kara wave at me as she slipped out of the door with a sad smile on her face. I sighed and picked it up and dialed the number for security praying that this would work.

“Hello?” A voice said sounding nervous.

I cleared my throat, “Hi, this is Arabella.”

“Oh.” He said, sounding surprised “Is everything alright?”

“No actually everything is not alright. There is something absolutely revolting in my room and is refusing to leave,” Demtri started laughing so I grabbed a pillow and made sure to chuck it at his face; hard.

The man on the other line chuckled, “Who might this be in your room?”

“Demtri.”

His laughing now picked up, making me pull the phone away from my ear, “And why in the world I kick him out of your room?”

You have got to be kidding me! “Would you please just do it?” I begged making sure to emphasize the ‘please’.

“Why would you want me to?” He asked like I was crazy.

I quick tried to think if something, “I uhhhh want to change!” I said hastily.

“So? Aren’t you guys getting married?”

This was not working out the way I wanted. Demtri was practically falling off of my bed laughing. He must have known that this was going to happen so this is why he was so fine with me calling. I just didn’t understand! This is my room, my house, my country! “You know what, never mind!” I said hanging up the phone.

“How’d that work out for you, princess?” He asked smirking at me.

“It worked out great.” I said crossing my arms. I know that I wasn’t making any sense but I didn’t want to lose this argument.

He snorted, “Oh yeah just the way you wanted.”

I sighed I was done with this. I wanted to go find Kara and chill like I wanted to, “Will you please just leave?” I sighed, silently begging him.

He smirked and climbed out the bed. I raised an eyebrow only to start panicking when he stepped closer and closer to me. “Why do you want me to leave?”

I took a step back, “Because I don’t like you.”

He took a step forward, “You didn’t really answer my question.”

I took another step back; I was almost to the wall now. “I did.”

He took a step forward smirking, “I think you like me and that’s why you are nervous.”

I took a step back and ran into the wall, “Ok; I know that you think, that it is impossible for someone not to like you; but I don’t.”

“Then why are you so nervous?” He raised an eyebrow.

I glared at him, “I’m sorry that I don’t like being trapped in a corner by creepy men.”

“Oh I’m creepy now?”

He put his hands on either side of my head trapping me. I could smell his cologne and it was too much. He defiantly sprayed one too many times. Although most girls would love to be here; I wasn’t loving it. I couldn’t help but think of Daniele and I almost wished he was the one pinning me up against the wall.

“Oh! I hope I’m not interrupting.”

We both turned to see my mom smiling mischievously at us. I elbowed Demtri in the ribs and quickly stepped out of his arms. I glared at him and he just leaned against the wall, the picture of ease. “No trust me you weren’t interrupting something.”

“Oh no! I’m sure I was. I will just leave you two alone.” She winked at me.

I quickly ran to the door and quickly shoved my foot in the way making sure it didn’t shut. “Oh no mom! I’m sure you needed something from me.”

She looked me confused, “Well yeah of course, but I’ll let you be.”

“Oh no we are done; I’ll come down in a sec.” I told her.

She nodded, “Well alright than, Why don’t you go talk to Lisa?”

“Lisa?” I knew almost everyone here and I had never heard of a Lisa.

“The new planner we hired to help keep track of your schedule,” She nodded, “We deiced that since you are starting a new chapter in your life I thought it would be best if we started out with a new planner for you.”

“So you fired Nora?” I asked in disbelief, “Mom her husband just died and she had five kids to take care of! She was great at her job, why would you fire her?”

She just waved her hand, “Oh, she will be fine. Now I have to go talk to your father. We are going out to dinner with a bunch of people tonight so I will hopefully see you tomorrow.”

“Ok well than bye.” I said half-heartedly to her retreating back.

I heard a noise and I turned around quickly. I totally forgot about Demtri and I thanked god that he tripped otherwise I probably would have left him in my room and left him in here and that would not have been good. I looked on the ground but I didn’t find anything. He tripped in his own feet? I stifled a laugh.

“Nice job. Now get out.” I opened the door wide letting him pass me.

He walked to the door but kept on walking until he was only an inch or two away from my face. He kept walking through the door but kept his eyes locked to mine and his body as close to mine as possible without actually touching me.

I felt the heat slowly leave my face as he kept on walking. I couldn’t even be that close to him let alone be married to him! I know that I wasn’t dating Daniele, not even close to it, but I still felt like I was cheating on him.

I really wanted to tell him everything but there was no way that I could do that. I wish that I could tell him everything; I wish that I could explain everything because I had a feeling that he would know exactly say.

As much as I wanted to tell him everything, I knew I couldn’t. That was a big secret and I don’t know what would happen if anyone found out about it. I had only known Daniel for a few days and although I felt like I could trust him there was no way I could for sure.

I walked down the hallway to the Schedule room. Most people didn’t even know that we had a room like this unless you worked or lived here. It was tucked in the back corner of the palace and was always busy with tons of people. There were desks scattered around the large room where the assistants, planners, and publicist all worked.

A maid was walking out of the door and curtsied as soon as she saw me. I smiled in greeting to her and thanked her as she help the door open for me. The room was lit by the lights that hung over head and was filled with the smells of paper and ink. I walked past desks as the ladies all smiled at me. In the back right corner was, were all of the people for me worked. I got to know them all pretty well but ever since my mom had been firing all of the old people and hiring new people I didn’t know them very well.

“Hello Arabella.” Marsha, a woman in her thirties with the most amazing blonde hair, smiled at me. She was in charge of all of my print media and has been here for a month so I knew her fairly well, “How have you been. I heard your birthday party was fabulous.”

“Yes it was a lot of fun and I have been doing alright, it has been really busy lately.” I smiled at her.

“I can only imagine.” She nodded. I guess she did know what I meant though. If I was busy I’m sure that she was busy. I had been in the paper a lot lately so I’m sure she had a lot to do.

I saw a lady with short dark brown hair that was sitting in the desk that used to be Nora’s. She was scribbling on a pad and kept on tucking her hair behind her ear when it fell out. Her desk was fairly messing because she had papers laid out covering the wood.

“Hello.”

She looked up from her paper her eyes widened when she saw that it was me and she quickly stood up and smoothed out her skirt. “It is so nice to nice to meet you Princess Arabella.” She said bowing to me before doing a little curtsy. Finally she just sighed and held out her hand to me.

“It’s nice to meet you too.” I said smiling and shaking her hand, “My mother said you wanted to talk to me about something?”

“Oh yes!” She exclaimed and sat down on her chair.

I took a seat in one of the chair on the other side of her desk. I kicked off my shoes and sat crossed legged on the chair. I watched as she rifled through the papers lying on her desk.

“Ok so you aren’t really doing anything today or tomorrow but then next week you will be super busy.” She told me when she found the paper she was looking for.

I raised an eyebrow. Busy? I didn’t want to be busy, “Why will I be busy?”

She nodded, “Ok so last night we were on the phone with the planner from Whale’s. They asked if you would like to go and spend the week with them.” She smiled as if it was a love idea.

I groaned. I had met them all a few times. If you like bows, lipstick, and poodle’s they were the people you would want to talk to but since I didn’t like any of those things they weren’t my favorite people. “Do I have a choice?” I asked guessing my mom had already answered for me.

She laughed uncomfortably, “Well no. Your mother thought it was wonderful idea for you all to spen time together so we made all the arrangements. You are flying there Monday morning and will be coming back home the following Sunday evening. They are having a ball that Friday night and are hosting a tea party during the week. From what I understand they are very excited to have you.”

Oh yeah I’m sure they can’t wait. They had two daughters that were around my age and they hated me. I was sure that next week was going to be hell. At least I would be able to get away from Demtri and my parents. But that also meant that I would be getting away from Daniel. I tried to keep my thoughts away from him. I focused my attention to imagining a week without Demtri. I was doing a pretty good job at it to, until Lisa spoke.

“Oh I almost forgot, Demtri’s coming with you!”

Ok once again i am so sorry for how long this has taken me to upload! I think i am back(: I have some really cool ideas and i am very excited to write this story!! I want to thank everyone who has helped me and encouraged me to keep on writting!

I have gone threw a hard couple of months but i am calming down alot now and i should be able to write more!

I would like some new banners for this story! If you would like to make one for me i will dedicate a chapter to you and promote one of your stories!

I have also just uploaded a short story and i would love to know what you think about! please click on my proflie to read it<3

thanks again! I'm hoping around a week or so for an upload....maybe a little longer becuase of thanksgiving(:

<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

622K 20.6K 57
"Are you sure you're one of the girls? You seem like a spy to me. Are you spy, Arabella?" My name rolled of his tongue perfectly and I stood complete...
719K 24.3K 32
Princess Lilyanne Blythe sneaks out to a party and has a one night stand. Assuming that was in the past, that one night stand stranger ends up living...
11.4M 152K 10
*completed NOW A PUBLISHED NOVEL!* An ancient Cursed bloodline, a world-crossed romance, tyrant kings, a princess with dragon wings, a forbidden love...
281K 6.9K 51
"I'm doing this to keep you safe, Alessandra! Can you just stop fighting with me on this! Just go and never come back!" He yelled. I froze in my spot...