The DUFF (Zustin Mieber AU)

By iamderekhale

"Man." Justin sighs after a moment of silence. "I'd be an extremely depressed person if I were you. Y'know, b... More

1
3
4
5
6
KING (Zustin)
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
touch [zustin]
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
33 ON PRIVATE
34
Epilogue
VOTE FOR NEXT STORY
give you all that's left of me [zustin]

2

4.4K 263 256
By iamderekhale

I wasn't going to update today but as always, you guys are convincing af with all your great feedback. Gahh. Kill me.

And this story already has more comments than votes like wow, thank you guys so much. ❤️

-

Lucky Blue. 💙

It's one thing to have to spend the school day seeing Lucky walking the halls looking oh so perfect, as usual. But it's a whole other story when Zayn has to stay after school with the teen for a whole hour, three times a week.

On this particular day though, Zayn is being tortured in a way he's never been tortured before. Lucky is sitting right beside Zayn due to the fact that he walked in late, a goofy smirk on his face and his hair way messier than it was that morning. It's pretty obvious why he is in such a current state. But that message doesn't seem to register because all Zayn can think about is how good he smells and how amazing his hair looks. It's embarrassing how his dick jumped at the first sight of Lucky.

Zayn tries to ignore his existence all together by keeping himself occupied by conversing with Niall. That doesn't go very well either because Lucky stops doing whatever he was doing— possibly flirting with the girl beside him— to turn and nudge Zayn's side.

He tried to act like he didn't feel it, but that became a little difficult when Lucky tapped his shoulder and whispers, "Zayn."

A chill runs down his spine at the cool breathe meeting the back of his neck, forcing the tiny hairs to rise.

Niall cocks a brow at him, and Zayn knows exactly what that brow means. Niall is going to try to work his Cupid magic if Zayn doesn't turn around and say something. So slowly, he begins to turn. His first view are those crystal blue eyes that gaze at him with such intensity Zayn thinks he might faint.

He swipes his tongue over his chap lips. "Y-yes?"

The response came out shaky, but at least he got a proper word out. This brings him to his second milestone. The first was being able to make direct eye contact with Lucky which he got through back in sophomore year.

"May I borrow a pen or pencil?" Lucky asks in a way that is so calm that Zayn envies him. There is no way he'd ever be able to say that many words to Lucky without wanting to throw up.

"Is that so?"

What?

"You said that out loud mate." Niall whispers from behind him.

Fuck.

Zayn doesn't even respond to that. He opens up his bag hastily and pulls out a handful of pens and pencils, putting them on display for Lucky to choose. His crush seems taken back and a little creeped out, but cautiously, he chose one from the bunch.

"Thank you." Lucky trails off before turning away to converse with the pretty brunette who sat beside him.

Zayn sits frozen, blinking at the bleached hair that clothes the back of Lucky's head until he felt hands on both his forearms. He turns to look at Niall who has a look of pity on his face. "You have got to stop doing that."

"I know." Zayn whimpers, suddenly very upset by the whole situation. This crush is getting ridiculous. No one he knows acts in such a manner. The thing is, Zayn may not be a very outgoing person but he isn't some sissy either. He is actually quite mouthy, especially when being mouthed off to. The man has no filter with anyone, even jocks two or three times his size that could pummel him in a second. And sure, he doesn't do well with people he doesn't know either, especially guys who look like Greek Gods, but in front of them, he doesn't act like the Worlds' Biggest Idiot. For some reason though, when it comes to Lucky, Zayn turns into some sort of strange alien creature who's never interacted with a human being before.

"It's okay." Niall pats his back reassuringly like the supportive friend he is, but that doesn't make it okay. It's not okay at all, but Zayn doesn't say anything to that. He doesn't want to and even if he did, he doesn't get the chance because the head of the school newspaper, Mr.Winchester or as every student in school calls him, Sammy, also known as Zayn's favorite teacher, walks in and speaks up immediately.

"Alright guys, we've got a problem."

Everyone's at alert that instant, especially Zayn. If anything goes wrong with this mini organization he'd lose his mind. The school paper is basically his life.

"The principle wants to shut us down."

Everyone in the room begins throwing a fit all of a sudden, except for Zayn who remains calm and collected because Sammy has a plan. He knows it because Sammy always has a plan.

"Wait! Settle down, settle down guys. The school is going broke and sports are more important than school news apparently. I know a lot of you are devastated about this, but we have a chance to save ourselves. Mr.Prise says that if we can create a kickass article that people actually read for the month of June than we're back on track. And I know that some of you wont even be around after June, but we can still keep the school newspaper alive if the June edition is great."

"What would we even write about," a student asks, "this school is filled with idiots who use Twitter and Facebook for their news. What could we write about that'd be so interesting that'll make them set their phones aside for a moment?"

"Prom which is like four months away," Mr.Winchester responded fondly, "and yeah, they can just go on social media and talk about that too but the author of the article is what really matters here. Obviously, all of us will take part in it. But, we need a specific person to actually write it... Any takers?"

The room falls silent and the students begin to look around at each other, waiting for someone to go through with it. Zayn keeps his head down, hoping that it would lessen the chances of Mr.Winchester noticing him. No suck luck.

"Zayn."

He lifts his head to gape at his teacher. "W-what? Me? No. What? No. There's no way. I'm not even going to prom."

"That my friend, is why I chose you. First, you've never been to any school related social event and I want you to finally do something with your senior year. Second, it would be interesting to get your take on prom."

"But—"

"No arguing. It's either you do this article or you're fired."

"I don't even get paid."

"I can still fire you."

"Mr.Winchester."

"No arguing Zayn." The older man spoke strictly. "It's either you're in or you're out. Your choice."

He feels a hand on his shoulder all of a sudden, accompanied by the tingle of a soft wind against his nape. "Come on Zayn, you're a great writer. We need you."

-

"Oh man, you're so easy." Louis is currently laughing his ass of on Zayn's couch after Niall delightfully explained what went down earlier that day. Somehow, the whole thing is hilarious yet Zayn can't seem to find the joke.

"He probably already knows how gone you are off him," says Liam.

"And he's using it to his advantage." Harry adds, pouting a little. "I don't think it's very fair actually."

Niall shrugs beside Zayn. "Lucky doesn't actually know, he just guesses so."

"How do you know this?" Zayn asks because he can't help himself.

"Uh, him and I are friends, remember?"

Right.

Zayn glares and steals a handful of popcorn from Niall's bowl as vengeance for the sarcasm and attitude. In response, the blonde sticks his tongue out at his friend.

"You'll be alright Zayn." Liam assures. "Count the party tomorrow night as a sort of practice for when prom comes up... Not so sure how you'll do with the Lucky situation though."

"Did I just here party and Zayn in the same sentence?"

All the boys turn to look at Zayn's mother who stands at his bedroom door in her fancy work attire. She has a light smirk on her face as if she knows something. Zayn wouldn't be surprised, the woman knows everything even though she's never around and he doesn't tell her anything, ever.

"You heard correct Ma." Liam smiles. "Zayn is finally growing up."

"This is such a big step for you my son." Tricia cheers, actually looking excited about the news.

Zayn rolled his eyes. "Mom, it's not a big deal, stop being embarrassing."

"I'm just proud of you. Maybe you'll finally get with that boy that you like so much."

At this, Liam bursts out laughing. Zayn's eyes were trailing over his best friend, glaring at the bastard.

"Yeah, that is not happening. He made a total fool out of himself in front of Lucky today. Well twice according to Bieber."

"Justin?" Zayn questioned, already knowing it because that's the only Bieber in the whole entire school. "He told you about what happened?"

"Uh, yeah. He told the whole team in the locker room and even did the little thing you do with your hands, pretty hilarious stuff."

Trisha rose her brows, lips curving downward the way they always did when she witness Liam, who is like family, acting in such a way.

"Shut the fuck up Payne." Louis spat, voice displaying the same amount of anger and annoyance as his face before he snatched one of the smaller pillows off Zayn's bed and chucked it at Liam.

A pillow like that should not have any impact but it was obvious in the way that Liam groaned when it met his stomach that the plush furniture has its' effect.

"I got your back man, unlike some dickheads in the room."

It is than that Liam takes the time to actually look at Zayn. Zayn knows he doesn't look all upset and sad like he used to when they were younger, he's grown from than. Now it is far too easy for Zayn to glare whenever Liam is being a jerk.

"I'm sorry." Liam says, he always does. "I didn't mean to make fun of you. I just can't help it sometimes."

"Whatever."

"Oh c'mon Zee. Don't be like that." His best friend began to crawl closer to him from where he was by the foot of the bed, "you can't stay mad at me."

"I'm not mad. It's just irritating that you always have to rub shit like this in my face as if I don't know it already."

"I know, I know, and I'm sorry. I'll seriously try to stop. I mean, not completely because I love bothering you just like you love bothering me. It's our thing. But I'll lighten up. And if there's ever a point in time where I'm being too much of a dick, I give you full permission to tell Louis to abuse me."

Louis scoffs. "I'll do it permission or not."

Liam winces but ignores Louis to look back up at Zayn. "So, do you forgive me?"

"Of course I do you dick. I hate you most of the time but you're still one of my best mates. You've changed since we were younger but your heart is still made of gold."

"You haven't changed a bit." Liam states. "We've all changed and you haven't... Please never change. We all love this Zayn too much to let him go."

Zayn grins widely, sticking out his pinkie finger. Liam smirks, looping one of his own pinkies with Zayn's.

"I promise."

[~]

well, he'll have to change a little....

This chapter was kinda lame but you guys got to know most of the main characters except for Harry really but WE ALL ALREADY KNOW HOW HARRY IS.

I know you guys like Ziam but you'll have to live with just a bromance for a while. And sorry about not having any Justin in this chapter but he'll be in the next chapter.

Remember that this book will be short, probably less than twenty chapters.

I love you guys. ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 64.4K 119
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
85.1K 3K 51
"𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡, 𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐞, 𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐧 𝐛𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞𝐬 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐚𝐥𝐥, 𝐈 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐀𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐭𝐥𝐞" 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 Caitlin Clark fa...
1.9M 85.5K 192
"Oppa", she called. "Yes, princess", seven voices replied back. It's a book about pure sibling bond. I don't own anything except the storyline.