Twin Tussle ✔

By TheEuphoricWriter

[COMPLETED] Blood is thicker than water...Or is it? The first time I saw Harley Martinez, my heart did five s... More

☆| Introduction
☆| Prologue
1| Notice
2| Misery
3| Confession
4| Nostalgia
5| Selfish
6| Hunt
7| Bad boy
8| Change
9| Reality
10| Heartbreak
11| Chains
☆| Author's Note
12| Fourteen
13| Encounter
14| Shock
15| Melancholy
16| Kiss
17| Truth
☆| Qs and As
18| Settled
19| Rage
20| Past
21| Senseless
22| Lost
23| Guilt
25| Surprise
26| Together
27| Sacrifice
28| Trouble
29| Infuriated
30| Revenge
31| Sorry
32| Justice
33| Apology
34| Forgiveness
35| Date
☆| Epilogue
UPDATE

24| Official

2.2K 179 184
By TheEuphoricWriter

Dedicated to:jenniejohnson2345

No thank you for the votes because you're my bestie and it's your responsibility to help me XD

------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Before I met you, I never knew what it was like to be able to look at someone and smile for no reason"

~Anonymous

Caleb

"Were you really about to apologise to Connor, bruh?" Julian furrowed his eyebrows at me "That's messed up!"

I wound back to time I actually took after Connor to apologise.

Was I over-reacting?

Yes I was.

"I know man...I got too emotional back there" I muttered as I steered Julian's car out of the parking lot.

Julian's Mercedes Benz was one of the finest cars I've ever drove. It had the features of a super car and I was ever-ready to drive it anytime.

But the comfort of the car didn't soothe my raging mind. Something had happened to me back there, something took over my consciousness that made me crave to ask Connor for forgiveness.

"Dude, believe me..." Julian sighed from the passenger seat "...he's the one who should be apologizing. He made your life a misery. Now forget this shit and think about getting back with Harley"

Getting back with Harley? I wasn't sure that was safe. Eric nearly had me killed the last time he saw us together. He might even hang me from a tree in his backyard this time.

'So, you're afraid of Eric, eh?' My ego blurted out from inside my head.

'Yes, he'll kill me' My consciousness argued.

'What kind of image are you displaying in front of others? Nearly everyone in your school knows Eric forced his will upon you and now, they think you're weak'

My ego sure had a point there. What would others think of me? I had to get Harley back and prove them that I'm not one of those 'scaredy-cats'

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Connor

Thursday passed by in a blur and it was finally Friday...the day Kimberly would pay me a visit to tutor me.

And my condition was far from okay...

I was nervous just thinking about what could happen. I just couldn't think straight, I threw my school bag amidst the laundry and panicked when I couldn't find it.

My hands gained a consciousness of their own - they kept grabbing food and placing them back on their spot and doing it all over again. I let my arms fall relaxingly to my sides as I waited for Kimberly to ring the bell. When I couldn't figure out what to do with my arms next, I just continued flailing my hands in the air as if attempting to swat a fly.

My hands almost missed the glass plates in my mom's hands.

"Con!" my mom backed away "What kind of unnerving dance are you doing with your arms?"

"It's called" I straightened my back "the I'm-about-to-lose-my-shit salsa"

Mom raised her eyebrows "Am I supposed to find that funny?"

"Uhhh..." I started to answer but was stopped when the bell rang.

My mind disconnected from the present, my ears tuned out the world, the only sound I could hear was the intense drumming of my heart and the only thing my eyes focused on was Kim's face as I unbolted the door; everything else was distorted.

"Hey Con" she smiled and the surroundings materialized into a familiar one as déjà vu kicked in. That's how she greeted me everytime she visited.

"Hi" the corners of my lips twitched into a smile.

"Ahem" my cleared her throat behind me and a huge smirk was plastered on her lips "You guys can go upstairs and Imma get you guys something to eat...okay? Happy studying!" my mom pirouetted into the kitchen.

She literally pirouetted!

I rolled my eyes in amusement and lead Kim upstairs. She sat modestly on my bed as if any wrong action might affect her dignity.

"Sit comfortably Kim" I jumped on the bed beside her "My house is your house!"

She smiled at me shyly tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear "Thank you. I was thinking maybe we could do some math today"

"Sure" I smiled reaching for my bag and pulling the math book out "So...what was your grade in math?"

"A-star"

I froze and shot a petrified glare at her "A-star?" I chuckled nervously "Wow Kim that-that is amazing!"

She beamed and snatched the math book from me "This is all so easy" she muttered under her breath as she flipped the pages.

I had the opportunity to stare at her as she meticulously scanned my book. Flowing jet-black wavy hair were in faultless contrast with her ivory skin and her piercing brown cat eyes seemed to be carved by God ever so cautiously.

Her eyes were the most beautiful thing about her...

Maybe I was wrong about not having the same feelings for her anymore? Because the moment her hand brushed against mine, a tingling sensation emerged within my body. I could feel the vehemence of the temptation that she boosted in me.

Her eyes suddenly directed towards mine and she caught me staring at her.

"Um..." I cleared my throat and pretended to look around for a pen while I changed the topic "I lost my pen...and yeah, there was this really hard problem that I couldn't solve"

She handed me the book and I flipped the pages to the question I was struggling with.

She examined the question for a while and then uttered "It's really easy! Look..."

She started scribbling on the notebook and she used a completely different method from what I used. I stopped her right there.

"Why'd you use this method and why not the one that I used?" I questioned.

She replied instantly "Both methods are applicable but if I use your method, I'll get the wrong answer"

"How'd you know that?" I asked wide-eyed.

"It comes with practice"

I had no idea what this 'practice' included but it sure felt like my brain cells were randomized. But I didn't give up; I had to defend my method!

"If both methods are applicable, how can my give the wrong answer?"

"Connor...listen" she sounded frustrated. She sighed loudly and sat straight up "There are somethings in your life that just can't happen. No matter how much you think they can happen or how much you believe they can happen...they just don't"

Was she really explaining how to do a math problem? Or did she just drag this conversation somewhere else?

"Well..." I leaned closer to her "maybe if we try, we can make it happen" I grasped the pen from her hands and applied my method to the problem. A few minutes of scribbling and I ended up with the right answer.

"Whoa" I shook my fists in victory "I did it...see. Kim there are somethings in life that you think can't happen but maybe if you try...they might happen"

She glared at me with up-surging perplexity. She seemed...angry.

"If you knew how to solve it then why did you ask me to do it in the first place?" she murmured.

"Well...I was struggling but I figured it out this instant" I exclaimed but Kim looked really pissed off. I knew exactly why - our conversation wasn't about the math problem anymore but rather, it was about us and we both knew it "I'm sorry for dramatizing this whole thing"

"Connor..." she sighed "Why are we talking like this? Why do our conversations always end up about us"

"Well maybe it's high time we start thinking about us" I muttered as I tucked a strand of her hair behind her ears.

She started to protest "But you said-"

"I know what I said!" I half-yelled "I've said a lot of stupid things till now. So many that I've lost count! I don't even trust my tongue anymore...I always say stuff without thinking"

"Kim..." I clasped her hands in mine "I'm so fucking sorry for rejecting you and trying to pair you with Alberto I-I wasn't thinking straight. That was a really dick move back there and I apologize. I-I want you"

Her cat-eyes began to get red and tear-rimmed. She gulped as her lower lip twitched. And then...she hugged me. She wrapped her hands tightly around my neck and began sobbing loudly. I hugged her back.

"You have no idea how long I've been waiting for you to say that!" she cried.

I moved back slightly, touched her forehead with mine and smiled. I shushed her gently as I wiped the tears off her cheeks.

I hadn't felt like that in months.

This was it...

This was what happiness felt like...

"Shh...Kimberly, you'll scare my mom" I grazed her lips with my fingers.

She laughed and pushed me back making me sleep on the bed. Her lips hovered a few centimetres away from mine.

It was then when I realized what my life was lacking. It was lacking love, it was lacking lust.

I always tried to mix with the other people, always tried to get acquainted with the famous crowd, always thought I belonged to a better place than where I was.

It was then when I realized that I never really belonged with any of them.

Until Kimberly came back.

I never really knew I loved her so much until she fuelled my lust with her very being and tempted me like no other. If only I could chain our hearts together - I would've done it already.

"I love you" I caressed her plum, pink cheeks.

"I love you more" she whispered before crashing her lips to mine.

/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/

So here it is guys! The chapter we've all been waiting for eagerly!!

Phew...it was quite hard to write it.

An important note guys: Since it's my vacations, instead of publishing every Friday I might update really frequently now and I'll let you guys know the schedule.

Thank you for your immense love and support, it's really appreciated!

Keep voting, keep commenting, keep making people happy!!

Love, K.

/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

317K 10.8K 52
"I need you to stop bullying Reese." Oh, so it was because of her friend. "I-I will do anything, just make it stop." Her eyes softened along with her...
124K 2.5K 64
Dana and Cameron came from two totally different universes. Dana was the type of girl who sat in the corner of the classroom and didn't talk much. S...
Always ✔ By KIRA

Teen Fiction

286K 11.6K 51
[COMPLETED] Logan and I were the nerds of Whitney High but it's not like we cared. I was his other half and he was mine. Best friends - we called ea...
568K 23.9K 51
I was doing just fine my junior year of high school. I mean I did pick fights once in a while and my grades weren't the best, but I was doing okay. X...