Second Chance At Life. Second...

By IrishShewolf

Katie Knight found her mate at the age of 16 and were madly in love. But when he dies after a rogue attack he... More

Second Chance At Life.Second Chance At Love
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight

Chapter Eight

14.2K 516 16
By IrishShewolf

Edited

Katie's POV:

The packs follow me into the house, talking with each other as if they hadn't just met. I lead them into the large sitting room while some ladies from my pack scurry off to help prepare food.The room is filled with chatter but even over all the noise, I hear movement upstairs. More specifically, right above us.

In Damien's room.

My stomach flips as I bolt out of the room and run upstairs. I hear many footsteps behind me. I burst open the hospital door to find Sally sitting beside Damien's bed, clutching tightly to his hand. I sigh in relief.

My eyes widen when I look closely at the scene in front of me. I scream with excitement.

Damien is wide awake, sitting up with a huge smile on his face. I squeal again and run up to both of them.

I hug them close kissing them both on their heads. My wolf is howling inside my head and doing a happy dance. If you could see her now....

"My baby has found his mate." I coo. He blushes.

"Mom!" He whines. I laugh.

"How are you?" I ask stepping back to give him space.

"Great." He smiles at me and then at Sally causing her to look away blushing.

I 'awh' inwardly.This is too cute. I feel a presence at the door and turn to see Charlie with a relieved look on his face. He walks up to me, kissing me on the nose. He turns his attention to Damien.

"How are you feeling son?" He asks while sitting in a chair beside the bed.

I sit on his lap, wrapping my arms around his neck and resting my head on his chest. I'm so happy right now. I have my mate. My family. Damien is awake and found his mate.

Damien smiles at Charlie. "I'm doing good dad." He grins "I would like you to meet my mate Sally."

Charlie smiles while shaking her small hand. The door opens gently and Merissa steps in. She smiles brightly at Damien.

"Don't need to ask how you are feeling" She chuckles. Damien continues to grin like a fool.She glances at his intertwined hand.

"Ah." She says with a knowing smile.

"What?"

She smiles at me reassuringly.

"I figured out what made your son wake up so early. I thought he wouldn't wake up for another day or two. Turns out..." She points to the new couple. "-the mate bond woke him up. With his mate nearby his wolf was able to recover more quickly." She explains while checking his vitals and writing down everything on her clipboard.

"Is it okay for him to see any visitors?" I ask kindly. She nods.

"If he is up for it but just make sure he rests."

Without having to be told twice I scream at the top of my lungs.

"KIDS GET YOUR ASSES UP HERE THIS INSTANT!! YOUR BROTHERS AWAKE!"

I knew every wolf in the house could hear me. I feel the kids excitement through our link. Charlie looks down at me.

"What?" I ask curiously.

"Open your pack link." I frown but comply. My heart swells when I hear the cheers, hoots and hollers. I could feel everyones happiness at the news. I smile as Charlie hugs me closer.

The door bursts open again but this time nine bodies barge in throwing themselves onto the bed. I laugh at the dog pile they formed on an unsuspecting Damien.They hug, kiss and talk to Damien telling him how much they missed him. They fill him in on everything that he has missed too. Damien introduces his mate to his siblings.They welcome her immediately. My wolf yips in pride at the sight.

"Alright my little warriors, time to go and give Damien some rest." They nod reluctantly and say a quick goodbye.

I kiss Damiens head and hug Sally leaving with Charlie and the kids. I walk hand in hand with Charlie as we walk down to the packed sitting room. I am greeted with hugs and kisses from both packs and I can feel the joy radiating from the room.

Charlie asks for attention as his voice booms loudly "In celebration of our son, Damien, waking up we will have a bonfire tonight."

Everyone claps and cheers as they immediately start preparing. I smile at their eagerness. I pull away from Charlie as I look for my best friend. I spot her across the room.When I reach her I pull her into a hug. I talk with Alison and the other pack members as we laugh and joke.

"And then he was like-" Alisons bubbly voice stops abruptly. I look to the small crowd of women around us and they look as confused as I am.

"Alison? You okay?" I touch her arm softly. Her head snaps to me making me jump in surprise. I surpress a warning growl Rose wanted to let out.

"Do you smell that?" She asks bewildered.

I sniff the air but all I smell is the delicious aroma coming from the food being prepared in the kitchen. I shrug.

"Nope." I tell her shaking my head.

"What do you smell?" I ask curiously.

She inhales deeply and puts her hand on my shoulder to steady herself.

"Mint and coconut." She smiles dreamily.

I hear a commotion behind me and I look to see that Chris and Bryan have arrived back from patrol. They are talking to Charlie, well...Bryan is talking while Chris just stands like a statue. I watch him inhale and an alarm goes off in my head.

He scans the room while his eyes dart around irratically. From the corner of my eye I see Alison step forward as she locks eyes with Chris. I clap my hands gaining the attention of the people around me including my mate.

"Yes!" I fist pump.

"He has found his mate and it's my best friend Alison!" I cheer.

"This couldn't be anymore perfect!" I gush.

Chris and Alison embrace each other and I smile at how happy they look. He whispers in her ear and takes her hand leaving the room. I am about to walk to Charlie when I feel fear course through my family link.The link I have with my kids.

I growl loudly as I visibly shake. I notice everyone in the room scanning for any danger. Charlie runs to me. I hear him saying things but I'm too busy talking to my wolf.

* "Go! One of our kids is in danger!" Rose exclaims.

I breath heavily as I try to reach my kids through the link. Everyone replies except....

A scream rips through the air.

"Dakota."

I run out the door and shift immediately. I am aware of everyone behind me as we run in the direction of the scream.

* "I will not let one of our pups be harmed again!" Rose snarls.

I reach the clearing where we train but I don't see anyone. My ears twitch at a noise coming from the forest. I growl and charge into the undergrowth. My paws barely touch the ground and soon I can make out wolves in front of me.

Dakota is pinned up against a tree in a fighting stance. She looks unharmed but I can see she is visibly shaking with fear. My eyebrows raise when I notice the three people standing protectively in front of Dakota. The jerks from the airport and Charlies pack.

"Our pack." Rose corrects.

"Not.The.Time." I reply through gritted teeth.

I follow the boys line of vision to see a group of rogues baring their teeth at them. I don't wait another second and charge at the wolf closest to Dakota. I jump on him and snap his neck swiftly. As I kill the second wolf, Charlie and some other pack members break through the trees and quickly take out the rest of the group.

I change back and Charlie hands me a shirt.I put it on blushing as he chuckles. I hear a growl and turn to Dakota still in wolf form. Pack members try to approach her but she growls. Her ears are flattened on her head and her hackles raised.

I walk silently closer to the group and they step back once they see me. As I look closer I notice Dakota's wolf is in full control. I kneel down and speak soothing words. She snaps at my hand but I just scoot closer.

"Sweetie, it's your mummy. It's safe now. You can change back now." I coo.

She looks at me but shakes her head. I frown.

"Mum, let me." A voice says behind me.

I turn to see Victor standing with the crowd. I beckon him forward and he takes a place beside me close to Dakota.

"Why won't she shift?" He sighs.

"Mum?" I turn to look at him. "Remember how Dakota was the worst out of all of us after the attack and she took longer to recover?" I furrow my eyebrows as I think hard.

"Yeah...I do remember. She would wake up screaming in the middle of the night and it took her awhile to trust me."

Victor shuffles closer to me and whispers softly. "She won't shift because her wolf is on alert. She probably had a flashback because-"

"Because?" I coax. He gulps.

"....the same thing happened to Dakota as what happened a few minutes ago. She was cornered by a group of wolves but what made her so upset was that she couldn't get to her family who were being murdered in front of her. No doubt she's having flashbacks and that's why she won't shift." I sigh.

"Her wolf is protecting her but she will only shift when she feels safe.".

A voice breaks through the silence.

"That's going to take awhile.The way this is going we will be here all night." Before I or Charlie can growl our protest and punish him verbally for his disrespect a voice steps in.

"Have some respect for our Alpha's daughter! She is only four years old and has gone through so much trauma that it would make a grown man cry! Shut your mouth and go get a guitar and her other brothers and sisters."

I stare mouth agape at the guy who had spoken.One of the boys who had protected Dakota. I stand up.

"What is your name?" He turns to me and bows respectfully.

"My name is Ben, Luna." I nod and turn to the empty spot where the other man used to stand.

"What was that about?" I raise an eyebrow. He gestures to his two friends.

"This is Luke and this is Shawn." They both nod their heads in respect. "We wanted to apologise to you and your children for the things we did and said. We were outside when we heard your daughter's cry for help. We came here immediately to protect our Alpha's daughter." He explains. I nod with a smile.

"Thank you for protecting our pup." Rose says after taking over. I blink as I gain back control.

"Why did you send for a guitar?" I ask curiously.

"It was Luke's idea." He points to a blonde haired boy. Luke coughs embarrassed.

"Ya well I thought that your kids love to sing and are really good too so I thought that if they sang to her, her wolf would feel safe enough to shift."

"That's a great idea and here they are now."

We all turn to my other kids including Sally as they approach. I frown once I see Damien. He shakes his head.

"I have to be here." He says sternly.

We step back as they all step closer to a wary Dakota and sit on the ground near her. Damien holds the guitar he brought and he strums the strings. I watch Dakota's wolf visibly relax in the presence of her siblings and loved ones. Charlie wraps an arm around my waist.

"I hope this works." I whisper. Damien hums and begins to sing softly.

"I haven't heard this song." Ben whispers.

I don't  answer but instead let myself  become  lost in the beautiful music.

"All I want is nothing more

To hear you knocking at my door

Cause if I could see your face once more

I could die a happy man I'm sure.

When you said your last goodbye

I died a little bit inside

I lay in tears in bed all night

Alone without you by my side."

Victor's voice joins Damien's as they sing the chorus.

"But if you loved me

Why'd you leave me?

Take my body

Take my body

All I want is

Ana all I need is

To find somebody

I'll find somebody like you

Oooohhhhhhhh"

Next Rachel and Dani sing together with their voices mingling together harmoniously.

"So you brought out the best of me

A part of me I've never seen

You took my soul and wiped it clean

Our love was made for movie screens"

Dakotas wolf is no longer on alert but is sitting down wagging her tail gently. Everyone joins in to sing the chorus one last time. Their voices fill the dense forest.

"But if you loved me

Why'd you leave me?

Take my body

Take my body

All I want is

And all I need is

To find somebody

I'll find somebody like you

Ohhhhhh"

As the song quietly ends, Victor takes his shirt off and hands it slowly to Dakota. She shifts behind a tree and comes out with her head down and her hair covering her face. Charlie orders the group present to leave through the pack link so all that's left is me, Charlie, our kids, Ben, Luke and Shawn.

I walk up to Dakota careful not to scare her but instead she runs to me and clings tightly to my legs. I hear her sniffle as I bend down and hug her and comfort her.

"I was so scared." I hear her little voice whimper. Charlie picks her up and she wraps her arms around his neck as she lies her head on his shoulder.

"Come on princess..Lets go home."

Charlie takes my hand as we walk back to the packhouse with the kids in front of us..My wolf is going crazy..She's on alert with all these rogue attacks and doesn't want anymore of our pups to get hurt.

As we walk back my stomach starts to churn..I frown as I feel uneasy..Charlie looks over at me and I fake a smile..I don't need to worry him.

* "Somethings not right." I tell Rose.

* "I know."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please Vote Comment Follow

Thanks for reading<3

Sinead xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

69.8K 2.9K 20
Alpha Derek of the Noble pack has been given the alpha position to early. He is an alpha at age 17. All of the older alphas are trying to help, but D...
5.9M 157K 37
My mum always used to tell me what it's like to see your mate for the first time. She used to say that at that moment, everything around you stopped...
5.6M 198K 72
PREVIOUSLY CALLED "My Coldhearted Beta" Highest Rank #2 in Werewolf (Idk how though) ▪▪▪▪▪ "I , Jake Anderson, reject you Lily Kim as my mate" "...D...
35.7K 413 13
Used to be I want my brother's beta.. good thing hes too busy with his mate to notice (redone a little bit check it out) Katie is an alpha's daughter...