Living Like Sleeping Beauty

By Claudiaxcf97

Sleeping Beauty? Ha! That girl had it easy. My name is Morgan Peters and I fall asleep at random times of the... More

Prologue
Chapter One - The Beginning Of The End
Chapter Two - Where Is Your Fairy God Mother When You Need Her?
Chapter Three - Meeting Prince Charming.
Chapter Four - It's Gym Time, Not Nap Time.
Chapter Five - The Blue Paint Accident.
Chapter Six - The Wicked Witch Of Tori-Ville.
Chapter Seven - The Seafood Disaster
Chapter Nine - The Dinner Party
Chapter Ten - Parenthood
Chapter Eleven - Annoying Babies And Arrogant Baby Daddies.
Chapter Twelve - The Tables Have Turned.
Chapter Thirteen - Don't Tell Me I Can't Be Sexy.
Chapter Fourteen - A Night To Remember
Chapter Fifteen - Cute
Chapter Sixteen - Making Enemies
Chapter Seventeen - When Siblings Fight
Chapter Eighteen - Tension
Chapter Nineteen - Kicking and Screaming
Chapter Twenty - Flavour of the Month
Chapter Twenty One - Two Birds, One Stone.
Chapter Twenty Two - Let The Wooing Begin.
Chapter Twenty Three - Detours
Chapter Twenty Four - Is This Public Enough For You?
Chapter Twenty Five - Scenery
Chapter Twenty Six - Persuasive
Chapter Twenty Seven - Busted By a Four Year Old.
Chapter Twenty Eight - Confessions
Chapter Twenty Nine - Baby Steps
Chapter Thirty - The Performance
Chapter Thirty One - Drama
Chapter Thirty Two - Foolish
Chapter Thirty Three - Reality Check
Chapter Thirty Four - Operation Hurt
Chapter Thirty Five - Deals & Misunderstandings
Chapter Thirty Six - The Party (Part 1)
Chapter Thirty Six - The Party (Part 2)
Chapter Thirty Seven - Getting To Know You
Chapter Thirty Eight - An Unappreciated Warning
Chapter Thirty Nine - Preparations For Showtime.
Chapter Forty - Her Regret
Chapter Forty One - An Old Friend
Chapter Forty Two - Alone
Chapter Forty Three - Surrounded with the Familiar
Chapter Forty Four - The Recovery Period

Chapter Eight - The Green Eyed Morgan

185K 5.3K 1K
By Claudiaxcf97

Chapter 8 - My Eyes Are Blue, Not Green

The sight of the pancakes on the table at breakfast did nothing to help my weak stomach after a night of lying deathly still in order to settle the sickness that overwhelmed me. Even thinking of food made me woozy, which resulted in me not even touching my plate. Chase on the other hand scoffed his breakfast down with no difficulty whatsoever.

"Are you going to eat that?" He asked, gesturing to my full plate. 

I shook my head and rested my chin on the knuckles of my folded hands. It was no surprise I was tired. My thoughts during the previous night had centred only on my first day and the many things I could have done to avoid the unnecessarily dramatic events.

Chase stabbed my stack of three pancakes with his fork and pushed it into his mouth, not closing it fully.

"You're such a pig." I groaned, covering my eyes but it did not stop me from laughing when he tried to speak again with the mouthful of food, struggling to contain his food in his mouth. I couldn't understand a word he said but I nodded and smiled anyway.

After breakfast we went outside to find that in Gran's absence, a sleek black car with it's own driver was ready to leave us to school. 

"I have a license to drive. I really do not see why we have to be driven around like this." My brother said, opening the door for me to enter the car. I said a quick greeting to the driver before settling back into silence. Chase had his license but I did not nor would I ever. 

One of the many disadvantages of living with narcolepsy. I couldn't drive.

When we arrived, I got out of the car immediately and looked at my surroundings. Most students were milling about outside this morning, more than yesterday. The sun shone brightly but yet a slight breeze tickled the hair along my shoulders. I scanned the many teens for anyone I had met yesterday and with a stroke of luck, I saw a familiar face. I began to approach Tessa who was leaning against an expensive looking car with a small group of people I had been introduced to yesterday but couldn't quite remember their names. She turned and saw me, her face splitting into a grin as she waved. 

Once beside her, she gave me a quick hug, turning to the people around her to remind them of my name. As they spoke with me for a short while, I could only feel relieved that I had made a friend like Tessa. She might not be as exuberant as Ashley had been but her reserved nature had charm and an instant friendliness. In the middle of telling me about her day yesterday her gaze focused on something behind me and a small hint of colour became apparent on her high cheekbones. I turned to see my brother nearing us with one corner of his mouth upturned, displaying a hint of his straight teeth with his eyes focused on Tessa. 

I nearly groaned.

"You're name is Tessa, isn't it?" He asked her, positioning himself between us. She jerked her head while her eyes raised to his, a small tremble smile on her face. 

"Yes and you're Chase." 

"I am so happy my sister has made a friend. Especially one as beautiful as you." He said, even having the audacity to wink. I could only watch in growing irritation as Tessa's smile widened even more.

Kill.

Me. 

Now.

"Someone doesn't look happy." 

There beside me stood Scott, in a blue open buttoned shirt with a white t-shirt underneath and dark jeans. He raised his eyes to where Chase and Tessa were talking animatedly then back at me, his face highly amused.

"When someone has to watch another certain someone flirt with that someones new friend then that someone has a right to not be happy."

His face went blank with momentarily confusion then he became entertained once more and he laughed. I tried not to stare at the way his wide mouth curved when he laughed and instead focused on something that had to be said. I tapped Chase on the shoulder and although it took a while to get his attention away from Tessa, he eventually turned away with a scowl on his face.

"Don't you have something to say to Scott?" I asked, raising my eyebrows expectantly. He knew immediately what I meant. With a quick look at Tessa, almost to make sure she was still there, my brother turned to Scott with an embarrassed frown. 

"I'd like to apologise for the way I acted yesterday. It was uncalled for and I acted like a jerk. Can we forget that it ever happened?" 

My eyes slide to Scott for a reaction to find he was watching me. I knew with the slight upturn of his lips that he somehow sensed it was me that put Chase up to the apology. Nevertheless, he gave Chase his full attention and nodded his head. 

"It's forgotten." 

They then did that weird, manly handshake thing that boys do. Tessa looked slightly confused about the entire conversation but smiled politely anyway. Once the interaction was finished, Chase turned his attention right back to Tessa, asking her about what she likes to do in her free time. I sighed, turning away from they both to Scott, a triumphant grin on my face. 

"Now you can carry my bag as much as you want. With no angry brothers." I teased. He laughed softly.

"What a pleasure. All my desires have been answered." He said before I pushed his shoulder playfully.  

Tessa and Chase began to walk to the school entrance. Scott and I turned to follow but a figure appeared at Scott's side, wrapping an arm low around his waist. 

"Scottie, I haven't seen you since last Friday. Where have you been? I feel incredibly abandoned." 

The girl attacked to the arm around Scott was a petite red head with perfectly curled hair that did not pass her shoulders. Her button nose squished delicately as she looked up to him with her pink stained bottom lip jutting out slightly. I could not deny it. She was adorable. Yet I felt my eyes narrow and debated walking away, letting them have their conversation. But I stopped when I saw the softening of Scott's eyes as he looked down at her. I pulled on the strap of my bag as I realised that he was effected by the delicate alabaster skin of this pixie girl and it made my chest feel weird.

"I must have lost your number Michelle. That is the only reason I can think of that explains why I wouldn't call you back." He said, wrapping one arm around her lower back. 

I decided that it was time for me to move away. 

"You're damn right." She murmured, a toothy grin transforming her face into a bundle of radiance. "Let's go somewhere with more privacy?" She whispered, her voice carrying the sound to me. I spun on my feet and walked towards the school door, feeling suddenly sure that I had no wish to hear his answer.

"I'll see you later Morgan." His voice called out but I ignored him, sending him a narrowed glance over my shoulder. I knew I should act as if it did not bother me but it did. It bothered me a lot. Yesterday I had basked in his attention and today I would be deprived of it. Some other girl called Michelle would have it.

My lack of a reply prompted him to speak again. 

"Green doesn't suit you Morgan." 

It took me a second to understand his statement. Once I did, I turned back, only to see he and Michelle were walking, with his arm around her waist, in the opposite direction. 

He thought I was jealous.

He thought right. But it was worse because I wished that he did not. 

As I entered the school, I meet up with Chloe, trying to forget the words he said and the effect they had on me. 

Chloe's eyes soon found Tessa and Chase who were walking ahead of us. Her mouth tightened and I saw a twitch in her cheekbones.

"This just won't do."

She said a quick goodbye to me and rushed forward, purposely placing herself between the both of them, quickly stealing Chase's attention by doing nothing but chatting loudly and with a wide smile on her face, her curvaceous hips wrapped in denim shorts that did not need to speak to catch my brother's attention. Tessa stepped away, looking a little bit lost and my chest tightened with sadness for her. 

My brother was a complete and utter idiot.

I approached Tessa and took her arm. 

Together we left them behind. 

*Authors Note*

Here's a few questions for you. 

Is Chase an idiot? What is the most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to you?

Enjoy your day lovely people of Wattpad! 

Please don't forget to vote and comment!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.4K 317 45
We believe in pink. We believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. We believe in kissing, kissing a lot. We believe in being strong when everyt...
3K 235 32
Ariel Morgan and another girl Mia Johnson was 2 girls from the same neighborhood, in fact they were next door neighbor's. They both have one special...
20.3K 608 8
-NOT ON TOTAL HOLD BUT I RARELY UPDATE SO IT MIGHT AS WELL BE CALLED ON HOLD- Once upon a time there lived a girl. The fairest maiden on her block. S...
2.7K 118 23
What happens when you grow up too fast? What happens when you're powerless to stop the pain of the world from creeping inside? What happens when you...