The Son of Time

By KatieMossman

This is the sequel to my other story Percy Jackson the new god, I suggest you read that first so this will ma... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Tagged
Chapter 45
chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Sequel

Chapter 32

6.3K 94 40
By KatieMossman

Luke's point of view

As the day went by it was clear that we were all nervous and we were all doing everything that we could think of to prepare.  The Hermes campers thought up traps, the Hephaestus campers stashed Greek fire.  I overheard some Athena campers discussing something called plan 23 whatever that was.  And we all trained. At the meeting this morning Annabeth had said that Tartarus had been able to create two new giants even though we had rescued Piper and Persephone.  This news didn't help our mood but it did give us a pretty good guess about who the titans in my dream had been talking about.

I think everyone was hoping the gods would help us but most of us didn't believe that they would except for maybe with the giants. All I knew was that we couldn't let Tartarus win, there was more than just the fate of the camps at stake. If we lost it could mean the downfall of the entire world. And that's a lot of pressure to put on a bunch of teenagers.

The day went by far too quickly and before I knew it the campfire was over and it was time to go to bed. For once I didn't dream, but my sleep was still uneasy knowing what we would be facing in the upcoming battle.  The next morning after breakfast   we continued preparing, but unlike the day before it dragged on, so much that you might think time was going slower, but it wasn't. It just felt like it was.

After I finished practicing archery I went to the sword arena. I find that I end up going there a lot, swordplay just seems to come naturally to me so I am pretty good at it. I have beaten most of the newer campers and even some of the more experienced ones.  I find that practicing gives me time to think and clear my head. 

With everything that has been going on I find that I am needing that quite often.  The reason for why I am so good with a sword is rather obvious since my dad is the god of swordsmanship, and I have heard that even before he accepted godhood he was the best swordsman in the last three hundred years. 

While I was slashing and hacking at the training dummies I was interrupted when I heard Mrs. O'Leary bark.  She had already licked me when I first walked in to the Arena. At first I just assumed that it was Nico the one other person who she really liked, but then a familiar voice said "easy girl", and he said "That's enough, yes I know it's been a while."  As I turned to see what was going on a laugh escaped my mouth before I could stop it.   The reason for that was because as I turned I could tell that Mrs. O'Leary had licked my dad after he had arrived in the arena. Only seconds after I noticed though he used his powers to dry himself. After I laughed he glared at me for a moment, but unlike the last time his glare was turned on me I could tell that it was half-hearted tinged with amusement.  He continued to pet Mrs. O'Leary   and I walked over to them since I assumed that my dad hadn't just come to see Mrs. O'Leary.

My dad asked me "How are you doing?" I just said "I'm fine." That wasn't the truth but I didn't really want to admit how nervous I was.  My dad obviously knew that I hadn't told the truth, so he said "If you were fine I would be concerned. It is only natural to be nervous, even the best fighters are worried before a battle.

I wish you didn't have to go through this, because the life of a demigod is never easy it is always difficult. Any time you are outside of camp monsters can find you, and as long as the barriers are down monsters will attack here too. I wish things could be different but they can't. You can be certain that I will help whenever I can, but I can still only do so much."

He continued to speak and said "I know that you feel pressured to live up to what I did as a demigod, but know that I would be content if you never did half the things that I did. My life as a demigod was harder than most. I won't go into details but I want you to know that even though I wish you didn't have to go through what you have in this war, I am proud of you, and since this war isn't over yet I'm sure my pride for you will only increase as we face the battles that are to come."

Once he finished I said "Thanks Dad." As he smiled at me I walked closer to him and hugged him.  He returned the hug and I said "Dad what about mom and everyone else in Manhattan? How can we fight in the city if the streets are clogged with people?" my dad responded "Don't worry about that, we have already taken care of that."

  I didn't question him further on the topic. if the gods had a plan that was good enough for me. I decided to ask my other question, I asked "will you be helping us fight again?"   He answered "Me and the rest of the council. We managed to convince Zeus that you needed our help, and Ares just wanted an excuse to fight." At those words some of my unease faded, at least we would have the gods to help us.   My dad stayed and talked for a bit longer but just like we were preparing for battle, so were the gods.

After what he had said I felt better, so far he was proud of what had done, he had warned me that the lives of demigods are dangerous, and considering everything that had happened to me so far this summer I couldn't deny the truth in his words.

When he said that his life as a demigod was more difficult than most, I couldn't help but be curious about what he had done. Obviously he must have done a lot for the gods to decide that he was worthy of joining them, and I knew that he had played a role in the second Titan war, and the Second Giant War, but I had never heard the full story of what he had done. 

Poseidon's point of view

I could tell that he did his best to hide it, but I knew that Percy was nervous about what was to come. I couldn't really blame him, sure we are gods but we are up against some tough opponents, basically all our enemies have come together for one last ditch attempt to unseat us and take over the world.

But I think what has Percy the most worried is the fact there is now a giant meant specifically to oppose him. Before the closest thing he had to a giant bane was my bane Polybotes, who Luke and Percy defeated in the last battle.

One advantage Percy had over him was that Percy can manipulate time, so he didn't have to completely rely on his water powers.  But this new giant will most likely have the ability to manipulate time as well taking away the one advantage Percy had over Polybotes.

This battle won't be easy but we will make it through and win this war, we have no other choice, we can't let Tartarus defeat us. Once evening arrived Morpheus and Hecate did their part and we moved the mortals out of harm's way. It was at this point that the demigods from camp half-blood began arriving by just about every form of transportation you could think of including the camp vans, pegasi the flying chariot that Leo had repaired a while ago, it just never got used much since. Leo himself arrived on his flying dragon automaton that he called Festus. That was kind of an odd name for a dragon but whatever.

  Chiron also arrived with several chapters of Party ponies.  The group of Roman Veterans arrived in one of the camp half-blood vans, well except for Hazel Levesque who arrived on the stallion Arion, and Frank Zhang flew in as an eagle. Jason grace also had his chosen steed, the storm spirit that he called Tempest.  As gods we may hate to admit it but we need all the forces we can get considering all the forces Tartarus has.  Not all the camp half-blood campers came, most of the veterans had stayed behind along with Argus to guard the camp.

After everyone arrived our forces dispersed to the various entrances into Manhattan.  Athena looked like she was just about to say something, but then Percy got that look on his face that  made me think that he had just remembered something, and then he  looked to be concentrating on something. 

When he stopped I said "what?"  He simply said "the rivers."  Then I said "Oh right" I was about to take care of whatever may have been arriving that way when Percy said "Already did it Dad."  While this was going on Sally and Most of the goddesses were shaking their heads while a couple of the gods were laughing.  Apollo said "A little forgetful there Uncle P?"  He earned a glare for that comment, and then he stopped laughing, as did Hermes.  After this Zeus discussed the battle plan with Athena. He outlined the plan and said "Perseus take the 59th street bridge, Poseidon take the Williamsburg bridge," I didn't hear anything else because that was when I left.

Percy's point of view

When I arrived on the 59th street Bridge, a sense of Deja vu   because I was in a nearly identical situation during the second titan war. The only differences are that this time it's a different bridge, and that I'm a god with a demigod son caught up in this mess.  The enemy forces included many different kinds of monsters, I helped the demigods fight them for a while, defeating dracnae, empousai, Telekhines, and sadly there were also some enemy demigods. When I reached the center of the bridge I sensed the presence of two other immortals neither of which were friendly. Was a titan who was getting closer by the minute, the other decided to skip the bridge entirely and to go across the water below. I glanced in that direction to see who in hades it was, when I looked it was clearly a giant, and he was unlike any I had ever seen before.

He had scaly green dragon legs like Polybotes, but he carried a sword and wore golden armor. He was shorter than Polybotes but taller than Ephialtes and Otis. He had broken and bent swords braided into his long hair. My first thought as I looked at him was oh Styx.  Because he was clearly one of the newest giants, the one meant to oppose me. It wasn't really that hard of a decision, and experienced demigod could take on a titan on their own, a giant requires a god and a demigod, I would worry about the demigod help later, for now I just need to keep him busy, who knows what havoc he could cause   if I don't face him right away.  Besides Jason is commanding the force of demigods on the bridge, and he's fought titans and giants before.

So I left the bridge to face my enemy on the water. I appeared right in front of him standing on the water the same way he was I grew to full godly height to make up as much of the height difference as possible.  When he noticed me he spoke, he said "Perseus, finally you have come to meet your doom.

I am Anastasius, where you are weak I am strong, and where you are strong I am stronger.  You cannot beat me Perseus you, the rest of the gods, and your precious little demigods will meet your end tonight."  I said "Yeah sure whatever think what you want, but we will stop you."  I sounded more confident than I really was but hopefully he didn't know that.  I swung riptide and our swords clashed for the first time.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.1K 580 17
After a quest in California, Percy and Annabeth take a train back to Camp Half-Blood. But they meet someone who changes their lives. When they, alon...
81K 1.8K 42
"Hello I am Percy Jackson, welcome to camp half blood." "Camp half blood? Half what? Vampire? Werewolf? Both?" "Half God." Annabeth pecks Percy on...
462K 5.5K 44
When all of Camp Half-Blood, and most of all Annabeth, turn their backs on Percy and shun him for something he hasn't done, he and his half brother l...
49.4K 607 15
Perseus Jackson son of Poseidon, Bane of Kronus, Bane of Gaia, and etc has been betrayed by Annabeth and a new son of Zeus. What will happen to Percy...