Wolf Tech 3: The Alpha

By Wolphin5

This book picks up where Wolf Tech (which has Books 1 and 2) left off. Adam and Brook have been thrust into... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2 - Birthdays
Chapter 3
Chapter 4 - First Elder's Meeting
Chapter 5 - First Shovels of Dirt
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11 - Unexpected Visitors
Chapter 12 - Rescue
Chapter 13 - Talks
Chapter 14 - Trials
Chapter 15 - Surprises
Chapter 16 - Meetings and a Turning
Chapter 17 - Finally!
Chapter 18 - Cat!
Chapter 19 - Preparing
Chapter 20 - Pack Tour
Chapter 21 - WereNet Starts to Take Off..
Chapter 22 - Adam Talks
Chapter 23
Chapter 24 - Wolf Lunch
Chapter 25 - Firepit
Chapter 26 - Changing Rules
Chapter 27 - Rogue Issues
Chapter 28
Chapter 29 - Patrols
Chapter 30 - Recovery
Chapter 31 - Start of the Next Chapter of Life
Epilogue

Prologue

4.6K 206 58
By Wolphin5

Brook had smelled something good, and in trying to find it, realised it was her mate! Only problem was a loose shale slope and he was human. It ended up taking being rescued by her mate to meet up. Once they met, even her human mate, Adam, was quite happy to accept a werewolf mate, and help her any way he could. He could feel a welcome right from the start, and immediately joined the pack, and to the point of moving in with them, too.

For his protection he was given a very special dog as a companion, and in the beginning, he wasn't told how special he was.

As soon as he could, he took his chances and got turned; the turning had him out for a while, but still was much shorted than he was told he would be.

Discussing it with his sister and mother was fun, as both were stunned, but supportive.

Seemingly from the beginning, Adam's wolf was well disciplined, and quite willing to help his human half settle in; almost having a separate agenda, that would require a well adjusted human-side. He helped turn him as soon as possible, so that he could feel the awesome power of being a wolf.

Christmas was fun, as some of his human relatives had some 'old fashioned' human ideas, that riled up the wolves, and even Adam's mother!

Helping out with another pack, just made friends and allowed for closer ties, when they stayed there. After that, they could settle down for a bit and Adam could get used to living with a large pack.

Helping the pack move into the 21st century, as not having a good internet is just asking for being noticed, and not being able to blend in. Some of the pack needed to be brought kicking and screaming, but most just embraced the changes. Plans were started for making it more than one pack but expanding out more, to bring more packs in with a secure connection that would protect them all.

Learning to hunt was fun. The first time all he did was groom a bunny's tail with his teeth! Eventually he got better and even lead the hunts.

His wolf was not done with the surprises, and kept pushing new skills into the human, letting him advance in the fighting skills he needed almost faster than they could teach him! It startled most of his trainers, when he would go from starting with them, to surpassing their skills in the time it usually took to master one move.

Having an attack on a wolf that they had under their care was bad, and the fact the wolf escaped was very bad. It also was Adam's first failure at doing something, that brought him and his new wolf together more. It did cause those that were reluctant to allow passive sensors and cameras to detect when they had intruders, instead of just relying on patrols, which now is made a priority to get done.

Over time, they adopt four pups, Robin and Toby are dumped on him, since he was willing to give them more options than Robin's mother was letting them, as she grieved for a lost mate. Finding the pair that took care of the cleaning and laundry for them were orphans, they adopted Jess and Joshua. Other pups seemed to be drawn to them, and they took care of them as well as they could. Brook put her foot down, as she didn't want to have him adopting basically all the pups from their parents, just because they came for comfort.

More and more hints were found, showing Adam's wolf was more than just a general wolf, but kept having leadership skills. He advanced with leaps and bounds. Brook had trouble keeping up, even with her wolf seeming to be learning the skills fast.

When the current Seconds told the Alphas they were stepping down, Adam and Brook started to take on the duties, dealing with them as if they had been doing the job for years, but doing them in a way that brought a fresh view to the job.

Their first major job was to take down the Shadowed River Pack, which they did nearly flawlessly, and without loosing any packmates. They did find out there was a large number of non-combatants, which MacLaren pack housed, and moved most off to several other packs, as they could not handle them all. They also captured a few key players either in the fight or at the packhouse.

Adam, Brook, and their four pups travelled with the group going to Longview Pack, as they had some family business out that way. Arriving at the head of the pack, Adam had to deal with a young wolf that decided to go against the pack's decision to have the group join them. That caused some major issues with him, as how he did it broke major laws, but when Adam found out the circumstances and how young the wolf was, decided to be lenient with him. After a good rousing wolf-fight, he basically got a decade of probation.

Following his family gathering for his mother's birthday, there was a party to welcome the new members, and Ryan realised that Adam's sister was his mate! It was quickly arranged for her to meet him.

When they got back, Duncan fought the wolf that caused him and his mate to be forced to flee for their lives. Following the fight, the pack that was doing the cleanout of the Shadowed River's Packhouse, finally found the Wolfsbane, and there was much more than they expected.

Others decided to try to get the wolfsbane, but weren't able to get it before Adam and Brook arrived. It included some betrayals and another pack working their way in. They did some work to find out why, and most were doing it because of fear. Giving them an out, they instantly took it, preferring the chance to live without fear.

Due to this, the leader of the pack that was clearing the packhouse got a major demotion, as their pack laws were results-based, and didn't look into circumstances. Over this, they brought him into the MacLaren pack. In addition, they accepted several others that had been at the attack.

There were some surprises about the white wolf Adam kept encountering, but they didn't change the final decision of his fate. During the trial fight, Adam did take some injuries, and was on the injured list for the week before the next full moon.

At the Full Moon howl, Adam and Brook were able to finally adopt Jess and Joshua formally, and gave the Oath of Seconds before the gathered pack. In celebration, they had also been given the honour of leading the Pack Hunt.

Dealing with bully-pups, Adam gave unique punishments, tailored to each offence and the offender. It seemed to get the pups to behave how they wanted, and rarely did he have to deal with the offender twice. Including a lecture on what problems it could cause for the pack if left unchecked, lets the pups know why the rule exists, and with most of the pups being good at heart, the thoughts of what could have happened makes them much more aware of how they need to act.

Adam, Brook, and Alpha Gareth decide to use the territory they have just taken the pack down from to help relieve their population issue, as the pack has been successful, and has grown to nearly the limits that their territory could support, and needs to start planning to split. Adam and Brook's wolves did some soft pushing, and comments about them becoming the Alphas of the new pack.

Plans started to be put into place, with not many decisions being made till the summer, with some of the changes planned to take decades.

Adam got to talk to his sister to test out the video link after all the security checks between the two packs passed. They caught up with the changes in both their lives. Tara had Mated, but hadn't decided if she wanted to be Turned. Most eventually decided to be turned, although some took decades to decide, and it was her decision. He just hoped she would be eventually able to join them on four feet.

They finalised the plans for the Packhouse, and all the outbuildings, with the thought of building them over two to three years. They would be doing the ground-breaking as soon as the ground was thawed enough, and they had the equipment there.

A surprise attack was smelled by a patrol, when the wind shifted, which sounded the alert. When they realised that it was less than half of the attack force, they started searching for another attack group. They found it, and as Adam and Brook were already on their way to the first one, the Alphas headed to the second.

Realising that the Alpha was at the site Adam and Brook was, was startling, but Alpha Gareth felt that they could handle him, and told them they could have the challenge. Coordinating the two forces to launch their counter surprise attack, they were able to get many of the attacking pack unaware. More were taken out before they could respond.

Adam took down the Alpha, trying to keep him alive, but the Alpha had other plans, and used his own weapon to kill himself when he was defeated. To his surprise, the pack followed an old law of if the Alpha was killed, the one that killed the Alpha became the new Alpha. Adam tried to protest, but his wolf refused to have him turn away from those that would be leaderless otherwise.

After a discussion with Brook, they had decided to call the new pack 'Wild Valley Pack' instead of taking the Night Depths or Shadowed River names. They wanted to have a fresh start. Many of those that heard liked the new name.

Alpha Gareth took them aside when they were back to discuss a few key things about being Alphas, including a few secrets that only Alphas knew. One was that they could only be away from the pack for a Month at most, without the bonds snapping, which would hurt all involved.

They arranged for the loft to contain all of the new pack, until the new packhouse could be built to house them. Many of the plans were adjusted and pushed forward, as they now needed a place to house the new pack.

Going to pick up the non-combatants, they were shot at as they got off the bus. They found out one very much was apposed to them taking over, and one reason was their age. He ended up being forced to use his new powers and give her a painful death.

Once back at the MacLaren packhouse, there were a few tearful reunions. Following the evening for the memorials, they spent the day working on the pack laws, so that they knew what they were getting into, before they formally bonded to their new Alpha.

That evening, they had a combined hunt, but due to almost four hundred wolves now staying at MacLaren, from the influx of two pack takedowns, and their own happy wolves having plenty of pups, the Alphas had Adam and Brook take one hunt while Gareth and Maria took the other.

The hunt was successful, and the wolves piled together to sleep the night on the snow.

Adam and Brook had a big pawprints to fill; their journey as Alphas was just beginning...

Author Note: This is basically a synopsis of the first two books; please let me know if I hit all the main points while I did it, or if there was enough details?  The next chapter should be out in a week or two.  I am now into my summer camping season and may not have as much time to write till into late September.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.3K 299 14
BOOK #2 IN THE HYBRID TRILOGY - YOU DO NEED TO READ THE FIRST ONE After Mara discovers that Kai is her mate, she plans on fighting ever emotion, feel...
3.5K 197 5
Sophie has always wanted the love of a mate bond. Being with the one person who the goddess made for you is a once in a lifetime love, but at 27 she...
2.5M 86.2K 46
"Shift." His voice hit me like a serrated blade as he stepped out of the crude semicircle of hardened wolves that had formed around me. I pushed mys...
6.9K 350 54
This is the fourth book to the Blue Eyed Wolf series. Everything is over. Fenris is dead and his rogues are in shambles. Many have joined packs and...