Prologue

Brook had smelled something good, and in trying to find it, realised it was her mate! Only problem was a loose shale slope and he was human. It ended up taking being rescued by her mate to meet up. Once they met, even her human mate, Adam, was quite happy to accept a werewolf mate, and help her any way he could. He could feel a welcome right from the start, and immediately joined the pack, and to the point of moving in with them, too.

For his protection he was given a very special dog as a companion, and in the beginning, he wasn't told how special he was.

As soon as he could, he took his chances and got turned; the turning had him out for a while, but still was much shorted than he was told he would be.

Discussing it with his sister and mother was fun, as both were stunned, but supportive.

Seemingly from the beginning, Adam's wolf was well disciplined, and quite willing to help his human half settle in; almost having a separate agenda, that would require a well adjusted human-side. He helped turn him as soon as possible, so that he could feel the awesome power of being a wolf.

Christmas was fun, as some of his human relatives had some 'old fashioned' human ideas, that riled up the wolves, and even Adam's mother!

Helping out with another pack, just made friends and allowed for closer ties, when they stayed there. After that, they could settle down for a bit and Adam could get used to living with a large pack.

Helping the pack move into the 21st century, as not having a good internet is just asking for being noticed, and not being able to blend in. Some of the pack needed to be brought kicking and screaming, but most just embraced the changes. Plans were started for making it more than one pack but expanding out more, to bring more packs in with a secure connection that would protect them all.

Learning to hunt was fun. The first time all he did was groom a bunny's tail with his teeth! Eventually he got better and even lead the hunts.

His wolf was not done with the surprises, and kept pushing new skills into the human, letting him advance in the fighting skills he needed almost faster than they could teach him! It startled most of his trainers, when he would go from starting with them, to surpassing their skills in the time it usually took to master one move.

Having an attack on a wolf that they had under their care was bad, and the fact the wolf escaped was very bad. It also was Adam's first failure at doing something, that brought him and his new wolf together more. It did cause those that were reluctant to allow passive sensors and cameras to detect when they had intruders, instead of just relying on patrols, which now is made a priority to get done.

Over time, they adopt four pups, Robin and Toby are dumped on him, since he was willing to give them more options than Robin's mother was letting them, as she grieved for a lost mate. Finding the pair that took care of the cleaning and laundry for them were orphans, they adopted Jess and Joshua. Other pups seemed to be drawn to them, and they took care of them as well as they could. Brook put her foot down, as she didn't want to have him adopting basically all the pups from their parents, just because they came for comfort.

More and more hints were found, showing Adam's wolf was more than just a general wolf, but kept having leadership skills. He advanced with leaps and bounds. Brook had trouble keeping up, even with her wolf seeming to be learning the skills fast.

When the current Seconds told the Alphas they were stepping down, Adam and Brook started to take on the duties, dealing with them as if they had been doing the job for years, but doing them in a way that brought a fresh view to the job.