His Dominion

By LoveScripter

[BOOK 2] NOTE FROM AUTHOR: "I wrote this book in High school, so if you don't like it and find it poorly wri... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Epilogue
Hunter's Short Story

Chapter 17

161K 5.2K 253
By LoveScripter

[Lucca]

The sun was starting to set; it was around 7:30 in the evening. The men scattered across the forest like large ants.

Which one of them was the Hunter?

Alpha Soren must have chosen the five from observation. He could have picked the toughest looking of my men, but then he knew we would expect that.

I looked at Jerome. He was stood stiffly on his feet glaring at anyone who would step one meter near him. He couldn’t possibly be one of the five, because he was my usual right hand man. Alpha Soren would know that he would do anything to help me pass this examination, despite orders.

"We will split into groups from here. There are seventy-five of you in total, therefore 25 in each group. Nine elders; three will be in each group." Alpha Soren raised his head and sniffed the air. "It won't rain tonight, but on the second day it will. I hope you all know how to survive in the woods without your wolves."

"Without our wolves?" Marc sounded like he was prepared for days of outdoor activity.

Alpha Soren nodded. "Our wolves are instinctive, they can survive in this type of environment. Our human side however, lacks the primary survival skills. I want to know how will all of you cope."

I smiled at this. My men and I have practiced outside everyday. Grant also trained them how to move swiftly through the trees without making a sound and it was my brilliant yet evil idea to deceased the temperature in our house so that they would be used to cold temperatures. My dad never thought of that (because it was kind of stupid) but right now, I can say it worked out well. 

"We can deal with it." I heard Marina whisper support to the 7 other elders who looked reluctant. 

"It's not required for you to be here. If you ever feel the need, just say the word and we will help in anyway we can. We won't mind slowing down." Alpha Soren said, lightly trying not to offend Marina or the other elder's feelings.

"You're too kind, Alpha Soren, but don't underestimate us. We still have kick in our bones. Besides...we don't want to hinder you." She told him. 

I shook my head and stood next to Alpha Soren. "No one is a hindrance here. We travel as a pack and we take care of each other like a family. Didn't my father always say that?"

The corner of her wrinkled lips lifted up. "I think he did."

Marc brushed passed her and centered him in the group. "That doesn't pertain to the situation right now. There are five traitors--

"Hunters...not traitors." Grant corrected him. "And they were asked to play the part. In the end, we are still a pack no matter the Alpha who leads us." His gaze landed on me. "Alpha Lucca, your father used to tell me how proud he was of you. I wanted you to know that." 

This may sound corny, but I think Richard Grant and I just had a father-in-law/son-in-law moment right there. 

[Selene]

Beta Luca made himself at home inside the house, it almost looked like he lived here.

“Would you like something to eat?” I heard Luisa ask Peyton who seemed to enjoy looking through the house.

“Thanks, if it won’t be any trouble, do you have any chicken here? I’m kind of craving some.” She blushed. “I can cook it myself, if you would show me the way to the kitchen.”

Luisa shook her head. “It’s not a problem at all dear. I understand how much an Alpha baby can eat. Been there, done that!” She chuckled.

Peyton laughed along with her. “This one is a lot more wilder than the other pups I’ve had. Oh…!” She grabbed her stomach and steadied herself using the wall.

“Are you okay dear?” Luisa started panicking.

Heck, I was too!

Peyton’s knees gave way and just before she hit the floor, Beta Luca was there next to her supporting her elbows.

“Is it time.” He asked unnerved.

“No, just another hard kick. This kid doesn’t like the small space.” She tried to smile at him to reassure she was fine.

But I was not convinced.

“Have you been getting contractions more often?” I asked her.

I was no doctor, but I knew that close contractions were a bad sign.

“Yeah, but I don’t think the little guy is fully cooked yet.”

“Maybe the kid’s hungry? You are practically talking food.” Beta Luca escorted her to one of our plush couches. “I’m going to call Soren.”

“No, wait. Don’t do that! He is busy; I don’t want to bother him during work. This is nothing I can’t handle.”

He looked at her skeptically. “That is his kid too. I was under strict order to report to him whenever something happened to either of you.”

Peyton rolled her eyes. “Stop it. Don’t call him, but I promise that the next time that happens you can, alright?”

“Fine,” He glared at her. “But if he strangles me, you have to explain that to my wife.”

“Agreed.” She sighed. “Luisa, can I still help you cook?”

“Sure dear, but the better cook in the house is Selene here. She is a protégée when it comes to cuisine.”

I blushed. “Not really.”

“Don’t be modest. If you’re that good, be proud of it.”

I grinned. “Alright then, yeah…I’m the master!”

“You’ve created a monster.” Beta Luca teased.

A cell rang and brought all of us to dead silence. Beta Luca pulled out his cell from his back pocket.

“What is it babe?” We watched his face transform from unyielding to reprieve. His gaze immediately looked at Peyton. “It’s for you.” He handed her the phone.

She took it curiously. “Hello?”

Luisa and I minded our own business and walked out the room to the kitchen to prepare for our meals. It was already a good time to start cooking, now that it was near dinnertime.

“Do you think the guy will be okay out there?” I asked her.

“They are tough as the stain marks they put on my carpet. They will be fine.”

I nodded and took out the chicken from the fridge. “Do you think we can finish this? There are only four of us.”

“We can save the left overs for later. I’m sure Alpha Peyton might get hungry during the night.”

“You’re too kind Luisa.” Peyton wobbled in with Beta Luca by her tail. “Please allow me to help out. I hate it when people treat me like royalty because of Soren being my mate. Before I was his mate I was practically a nobody. That’s another story for a different time.”

“Sure, no problem. You can help out by making the salad.”

Peyton walked around the kitchen island. “Are the vegetables in the fridge?”

“Yup”

“The chicken is already in the oven.”

“This baby is killing me, it’s like I can feel him swimming with joy.”

When she said that, I saw the surface of her stomach moving. I was both amazed and horrified.

“Amazing, isn’t it?” She saw my reaction.

“Wow, I have no words.” I said. “May I?” I asked her raising my hand on her stomach.

“Go ahead.”

I was afraid how I should go by touching her tummy without hurting her or the baby. She noticed my reluctance and grabbed my wrist placing my palm on the top of the bulge.

“It won’t explode, don’t worry.”

When my fingers touched the warm fabric of her thin shirt, it was like I could feel energy flowing in me.

What was happening?

I looked up at Peyton, but all she was doing was smiling at me as if nothing was happening. Warmth sizzled up my fingertips and reverberated into my arm. My head fizzes out and I start picturing a small dark headed boy with silver eyes. He’s staring straight at me. When I continue to gape at him he smiles, showing me his toothless mouth. 

“He’s moving,” Peyton said. “But it’s not painful. I think he’s dancing for you.” The vision disappears and I’m left wondering what I had just seen. I feel a small poke underneath my palm that surprises me and I pull my hand back.

“Selene, are you okay?” Peyton touches the side of my check so caringly like my mother used to do with me. The familiarity of the moment took my breath away and I stumble back on my feet.

“Selene, what’s wrong?” Luisa shouted.

When I backed up, I hit someone from behind. Beta Luca steadied me and helped me to a chair. I saw three pairs of eyes looking at me in unease.

“I must be tired.” I whispered.

“Why don’t you sit out this time? We can take over the cooking from here.” Luisa told me.

“Isn’t it the mom’s job to handle the kitchen?” Peyton meant it as a joke, but it kind of hit a part of me that I didn’t want to think about.

Since my mom left, I had to be the one to take care of my dad and I. The memories with my mom were like false images now—something unreal that my dreams made up or what configured wanted our perfect family to be like. I wasn’t even sure if what I remember is real or not.

“Alright.” I replied.

“Selene, has anyone ever told you how beautiful you are?” Peyton asked me out of the blue.

“Uh…no,” I stuttered.

“Well you are.” She smiled.

“I agree. She has such amazing skin and her eyes are very expressive.” Luisa made me blush.

“Thank you.” I told them both.

“What did Martha say to you on the phone?” Beta Luca asked, taking a seat right next to me and relaxed into the cushions.

Peyton messaged her temples and sighed. “My Oldest is having nonstop tantrums and her brothers are causing mischief in and out of the house. Martha said they’re all asking for me and their dad to come home.”

“Why don’t you bring them here?” Luisa suggested.

“Oh, please no! I’m flattered that you invite my kids to your home, but they will give you nightmares!”

Luisa chuckled. “They can’t be as worse as taking care of grown men.”

“Are you sure?”

Luisa nodded. “I think it might be fun. It’s just four of us here, I think this house needs a little noise to liven things up. Bring them over! We have plenty of extra rooms here and we can set you up with one near theirs. You can also bring more people if you like. If it makes you more comfortable.”

“You don’t know what you’re getting yourself into.” Beta Luca shook his head but I don’t think he was directly talking to Luisa.

“What do you think Selene? Would you mind having kids around?”

“No, not at all. I love kids.” Truthfully, I’ve never interacted with them because my dad never let me out much, but this might be a fun experience.

“I will set up there rooms tonight.”

Peyton looked at Luisa, then at Beta Luca. “Tell Mandy to come along.”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

62K 986 13
After being pressurized, cornered and berated by his friends for not confessing to Rias Gremory. Issei Hyoudou has a profound conversation with Ddrai...
Luciano By E

Vampire

382K 25.9K 38
Luciano D' Angelo. That was it. No birth date, no written farewells, no beloved mentioning. All that was present was a fancy old fashioned name with...
1.2K 247 25
Mission One: Find Adelaide, the girl with glowing hands that I have fallen in love with. Mission Two: Get her away from the mysterious woman who has...
201 92 31
When she was done, she handed our different assignments to us. It was a list of names, people who were yet to be part of us. My colleagues signed th...