The Robinsons

Da TerriAshFlow

The drama-filled lives of Drew Robinson and his family. The long-term battle between his wife, Alexandra and... Altro

Prologue
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58

Chapter 39

264 25 1
Da TerriAshFlow

Between Angel, Derrick, and Candice, Alex wasn't sure who called the most. She was almost irritated with them. She wasn't able to answer their calls because she was on a very important call and more important calls between that one.

"Hello? Mrs. Robinson?" Linda said into the phone to get Alex's attention.

"Yes? I'm still here." Alex answered with a grin.

"Okay, I wasn't sure of you heard me, but I was saying that you and your husband can come by today to complete the paperwork to take her home."

Alex muted the call for seven seconds while she squeal and celebrate with herself. This the most exciting news she'd heard in a long time.

Taking the mute off, Linda continued to speak. "Please keep in mind that this is a temporary process and that nothing has been confirmed. We will see how things go and then we'll see what happens in court." She explained.

"Okay, great. I got it." Alex contained her excitement by lightly tapping her foot on the floor. "What did you want us to meet you at the office?" She asked.

"At two-thirty." Linda answered. "That's the soonest I can get you here and definitely have her with me."

"I'll give my husband a call and we'll be there." Alex promised.

"Okay, see you soon." Linda said before ending the call.

Alex immediately called Drew after her called with Linda ended.

"Hey, honey." Drew answered.

"Baby, we're taking her home today!" Alex said with excitement.

"What? Taking who home? Joy?" He questioned. "What happened?"

"Not Joy, our baby at the adoption agency." She corrected.

"What?" He asked with disbelief.

"We're getting our baby." She smiled.

"You're joking right?" he said.

"Well, she said that she wants us to meet her at two thirty this afternoon so that we can do some paperwork that will allow us to bring her home."

"We're getting our baby!" He said with excitement.

"But, it's temporary for now." She added. "Nothing will be confirmed until we go to court."

"Well, this is a good step for us," he said, "right?"

"I would think so. It's giving us a chance." She said, glancing at the time on the phone, it was a quarter passed eleven. "I feel like I need to go shopping for something." She paced back and forth.

"Let's not get ahead of ourselves." He said. "We have stuff already."

"You're right." She stopped pacing. "I'm nervous now." She took a seat on the chair.

As she was on her way to meet with Linda and Drew, Angel called her.

She figured she couldn't ignore them forever, so she decided to answer the call. "Hello?"

"Alex..." Angel's tone was surprised and relieved at the same time.

"Hey," Alex responded lowly.

"I know I called a few times just this morning alone, but I really wanted to apologize about the show." She said with sincere. "I hated that happened and I hope you don't stay upset with us. I was embarrassed for you."

"What was that even about?" Alex asked.

Angel let out a sigh. "Revenge." she simply answered.

"I just hate that revenge had to take place on a special night for me. I mean I don't want to just point fingers, but y'all could have handled that somewhere else or at another time." Alex tried not to fuss and get worked up.

"You're right." Angel agreed.

"I'm not so much upset about it on my behalf but for my artists. It was a huge night for them so now I have to make that up for that."

"If there's anything I can do to help out, please let me know." Angel requested. "I feel terrible because they should have dealt with that elsewhere."

Alex sighed. "It's fine. I'll do what I have to do to fix it myself. But I really need to get going."

"Okay, maybe we could grab a drink later on." Angel suggested.

"I'll call you later." Alex ended the call. She didn't want to seem rude, but she didn't want to go for drinks, or hangout just because with Angel. She wanted to forget about to forget happened, but knew that she wouldn't get over it that easily.

Meeting Drew at Linda's office, she and her husband walked hand in hand into her office and sat in the chairs. They filled out some paper work, Linda left her office and returned several minutes late with a baby. The baby.

"She was just asleep."

Alex's heart melted as Linda handed the baby over to her. "So precious." Alex admired the baby in her arms.

Drew saw the happiness in his wife's eyes as she held the baby girl and he prayed in his head that God would allow this to be their baby.

"Want to hold her?" Alex asked Drew.

"Sure." He reached for her.

"So, we do have a car seat?" Linda asked

"Yes." Alex answered.

"And we already did a house visit with you guys. You're gonna have a court date on the twentieth of next month."

"Wow, we get a month with her?" Drew asked.

Linda nodded her head.

"I'm getting butterflies in my stomach." Alex tapped her feet. "This is exciting."

Linda shared a smile because she was happy for the couple. But her smile faded once she picked up a sheet. "Now if while she's with you two and you guys feel like she's not the baby for you or don't want her, or you change yours minds, just give me a call and we'll arrange something as soon as possible."

"We can just bring her back like that?" Alex asked.

Linda nodded. "People have done it before. Get a child and even after the adoption is official, they bring the child back."

"Wow." Alex placed her hand on her chest.

Giving them the rest of the information they needed Linda let them go.

Alex ride in the back seat with the baby on the way home as Drew drove. "I think we should give her a name. I'm not about to be  calling her baby girl."

What would you want to name her?" He asked.

"Miracle." She answered as if she'd already had that in mind.

"I love that." He answered.

"We have to go get Joy." Alex said.

"We should. I wonder what's been up with her lately." Drew was concerned.

"Probably just some teenager stuff. You know how teens can be. Hopefully, a new baby would cheer her up." Alex responded, knowing a reason why Joy had been in her mood swing lately.

They went to Shirley's house to pick up Joy.

"Who's baby is this?" Joy asked.

"This is Miracle." Alex responded eyeing Miracle. "We could be adopting her."

Joy's face lit up. "Really?"

"Yes. We just picked her up. Come on, get in the car so we can go."

Drew's phone was ringing and it was his brother. He decided not to answer because he'd rather focus on his family at the moment.

"How about we grab something to eat? Where you wanna go Joy?" Drew asked as he drove down the street.

"Doesn't matter to me." She answered.

"I can cook something at home. We don't need to go anywhere. Let's take Miracle home and have some family time at the house." Alex suggested.

"Okay that sounds like a deal to me."

He took his girls home, and they spent the evening enjoying the new potential addition to their family.

Miracle kept everyone up all night. Drew and Joy, both, manage to sneak a nap in through the night, but Alex wasn't worried about sleep.

That morning, Drew found Alex in the living room with Miracle in her arms.

"Babe?" He gently touched her arm as he knelt down.

Her eyes shot open.

"Let me take her. You get some rest." He reached down and picked Miracle up.

"You sure? I got her." Alex sat up.

"You're tired. You've been up all night, so I'll take her and you get some sleep." He said.

Their doorbell rang and Alex got off the couch while Drew answers the door. Opening the door, it was his brother.

"Hey, what's up?" Drew said, letting Derrick inside.

"Who's baby?" Derrick made a slight frown at Miracle.

"We're trying adopt so we're on like a trial adoption. This is Miracle." He rocked her as Derrick walked in the house.

"Sorry to just drop by like this." He said. "I came to talk to Alex. Is she here?" He asked.

"Yea, but she's really tired right now. You wanted to talk to her about the other night?"

"Yea, I feel terrible for what I caused." Derrick answered.

"I just want to know what was he doing there?" Drew asked.

"I invited his wife and she told her to bring her husband. I didn't know candy was gonna be there."

"It doesn't matter who was gonna be there, why would you do that? Knowing how we felt about the situation. Any other time you could have pulled something like that, but on a night that was that important to Alex, come on, that was inconsiderate." Drew was trying not to fuss with Miracle in his arms.

"I wasn't thinking that far into it. I just needed that dude to see that we're not playing with him."

"I get that, but you did it in the wrong way."

"So I'm supposed to just let this dude play my baby sister for some fool and live a happy life?" He questioned.

"Yes! At least until that night was over!" Alex's random outburst caught both men off guard.

Drew thought Alex had went to their bedroom and Derrick didn't even know she was around.

"Babe, I got this." Drew said.

"No, I got this! That was a special night for me and my artists and y'all messed that up for us. Fighting and breaking shit!"

"Alex, in sorry it went down like that." Derrick apologized.

"You should be. Why would you even invite them anyway? How could you? And then hurt your own sister even more?"

"That wasn't my intention." Derrick defended.

"It doesn't matter. You should have thought that through."

"I should have. Just don't be mad at everyone else about it."

"I guess I can't now that I know who was behind it. I'm going to the bedroom." She walked away.

"Just give her some time." Drew said.

"I am. I just needed her to hear the words from my mouth."

Drew and his brother sat comfortably in the living room.

"So this is Miracle?" Derrick wiggled Miracle's toes.

"Yea. She's a sweet baby." Drew smiled at Derrick playing with Miracle.

"I hope y'all can keep her."

"Me too, if this is what makes Alex happy. I wanted her to have a baby just as much as she did, but that's not happening, so this is plan B."

"Angel thinks I'm trying to get her to have another one."

"You don't want one?" Drew asked out of curiosity.

"I'm not pressuring her for a baby. If it happens, then it happens, if not, no big deal. As long as she's still my wife, I'm good. Besides, I enjoy being a step-father."

"I'm not sure that Alex always enjoys being a step-mom. I mean, she loves Joy and Zach, but I know she wants a baby of her own."

"Sometimes, you have to accepts things as they are and work with it." Derrick said.

"You're right," Drew watched Miracle play with the remote control to the tv. "We are." He admired the child in his arms and said a silent prayer that she'll become an official member of the family.

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerĂ  anche

13K 187 8
Dominique - A hurricane tore this sweet southern girl from her family. She moved to California to escape the memories and forget the pain. It worked...
10.9K 167 74
"You don't want me..." I breathed, selfishly leaning into his touch. But I quickly pull away. "I'm different and so not your type," I muttered, looki...
2.7K 683 46
COMPLETED 03rd January, 2017 This story is about a woman who gets married to a man who lied to her. A big lie. Still she makes her marriage work for...
2.1M 61.8K 56
''There is only one thing crossing my mind right now. If he hates me so much, then why the hell is he kissing me back?'' ----------------------- Emma...