Wait, what? Me and Eminem?! (...

By PVAyoubi

Adrienne Griffin, better known as Dri, resides and works in the small town of Warren, Michigan. Safety is som... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty Seven

Chapter Fifteen

21.3K 292 90
By PVAyoubi

Happy belated Thanksgiving, everyone. I hope all of you have an amazing day(: Whew, so I'm like exhausted from Chapter Fourteen, that chapter was stuffed with cuteness lololoz. This chapter won't be as long, but I'll make sure to include lots of cuteness, hehe. Keep reading and voting and messaging and all of that. And unless I specify who's POV it is, it will always be Adrienne's. Alright. ;3 -Parisa(:

---

Eminem's POV:

Even though we'd headed to bed around one in the morning, my eyes opened at nine, the bed warmed by the streaks of sunlight pouring through the balcony opening. I shifted my head to the side, yawning, and blandly pulled her fingers apart from mine as I gazed at her. Her face was tilted, her mouth closed, lips rosy, as her chest fell with breath. Traces of mascara stained around her eyes slightly, and I smiled unconsciously at how real and innocent she looked. I pressed my lips to hers sweetly, and a little sigh came from her.

I examined her a bit longer, then fluffed the sheet around her and tucked her in comfortably, then trudged to the bathroom, where I freshen up, and then headed downstairs, where I heard the girls, awake and noisy as always.

"Shush," I whispered sharply as I entered the kitchen where they were, eating breakfast and socializing. They gave me blank, clueless stares, and I explained. "Dri's still here."

"She slept the night here, Daddy?" Whitney asked. I saw Hailie and Alaina exchange a sneaky glance and a wink, and I ignored them, picking Whitney up and balancing  her on my hip.

"Yes baby." I kissed her forehead. "She slept over and she's still sleeping so I need you girls to be quiet."

"Okay," they allowed in unison. I went to the cupboard after setting Whitney down, pulled out a large frying pan, and began rummaging through the refrigerator for food thoughtfully. They stood, watching me, mutely, until Hailie spoke up.

"What are you doing, Dad?"

"I'm going to make breakfast for Adrienne."

"Aw, can we help?" she grinned. Alaina and Whitney beamed at me hopefully, questioning me with their  fixed eyes.

"Grab some food and let's see what we can throw together," I smirked, chuckling, and the kitchen began bustling.

---

I woke to the ticklish feel of something, or someone stroking my face. "Eh..." I moaned. "Shhh, let me sleep." The delicate touching continued and my eyes fluttered open, adjusting to the bright glint of sunlight. Propping myself up on my elbows, I groaned, noticing the ticklish touch was the breeze flowing through the silky curtains, then stuffed locks of hair behind my ear, digging the crusty remains of my amazing slumber from the creases in my eyes.

He wasn't beside me, but the feel of his cool hands cradling my body from last night still ached on me. The scent of his fading cologne was on his clothes, now worn on me, and the taste of wine and toothpaste had turned bitter in my mouth. It got to a point where I couldn't stand the disgusting flavor in my mouth, so I lumbered out of bed and to the bathroom.

My clothes were neatly folded and placed on the edge of the sink. I lifted my shirt, smelling it, and it smelled of laundry detergent and crisp linen. Someone had washed them. I washed my face, combed my hair with my fingers so it was satisfactory, and then slid my clothes on. I whipped out some eyeshadow and mascara and applied that, then fastened my shoes and decided to find out where Marshall was.

Poised at the top of the stairs, I heard quiet chattering downstairs, and I made my steps silently so not to disturb their breakfast. What I saw as I moved into the kitchen was unexpected and an adorable sight.

All four of them were covered with dough, and the counters were covered with baking ingredients. Lopsided pancakes were sizzling to a golden brown on the stove's frying pan, orange juice was being squeezed freshly by Hailie, Alaina was unpeeling a banana that would top the pancakes, Whitney was inspecting it all and sending dough flying everywhere, and Marshall was mopping the counters with a damp rag, lips rolled into a smile.

"What's going on?" I spoke up, laughing, knocking slightly on a nearby wall to alert them that I was there. Their heads all jolted up, four expressions of bewilderment.

"Oh shit," Marshall mumbled under his breath so his daughters couldn't hear. "This was supposed to be a surprise."

Whitney dashed over to me, giggling, and clapped loudly, dough exploding and separating in the air as we two laughed and she threw her arms around me in a hug.

"What's this?"

"An attempt at breakfast..." he professed, cheeks tinged pink as he came over and took my hand, leading me to them. "As you can tell, the Mathers household isn't exceptional with cooking."

"Well, you're looking at the girl who blew up her microwave once." I motioned to myself and we all broke into belly laughs. Afterwards, I went to the oven, turning down the heat. Behind me, Marshall came up, his hands curling around my waist and bundling me to him as I felt his face stretch into a grin against my own.

"Let's make the best breakfast ever, Daddy," Whitney exclaimed joyfully.

"Do you guys need some help?" I volunteered.

"Yes." All of their voices became one, and I chuckled at their eager faces, then Hailie and I began squeezing the pulp and juice from the oranges, Alaina prepared the rest of the fruit for the pancakes, and Whitney and Marshall began creating the pancakes.

---

When breakfast was done, we all leaned back, sighing contently, letting the food digest. I briefly went through my phone when the sudden shock hit me. It was Tuesday, and I was supposed to be at work right now. But because of the events of last night and this morning, I'd totally fucking forgotten.

"Oh my God," I mourned softly. Hailie, who was next to me, tilted her head so she could read my facial features.

"What's wrong?" she questioned as Marshall cocked his head, eyes alert and brows wrinkled.

"I skipped work today," I sighed disappointedly, rubbing my forehead.

"It's okay, you spent time with us," Whitney assured.

"I hope my boss doesn't get mad," I prayed.

"What time were you supposed to be there, Dri?" Marshall took my hand, stroking my thumb loyally.

"I don't know, around eight." It was eleven or so now, and I couldn't help but sigh again. "I'll just tell him I can't make it today."

"Do you want me to take you?" His eyes were caring.

"It's okay, I don't really feel like going to work," I shrugged, lightening the mood.

"You know, Dri, it was really great meeting you. We should see you more often," said Alaina, politely, grinning at both me and Marshall. I glimpsed over at him.

"I'd love to."

"I'm glad," was all Marshall mumbled, but his voice was glazed with pride and joy. He squeezed my hand, and conversation caught like fire between the three of them, but our eyes secured, and I felt protected and wanted, even a little bit a part of a family, something I hadn't experienced in the longest time.

---

I eventually bid Marshall and the girls good bye, and after a few kisses and four hugs, hopped in my car with all my belongings, then drove away to my house. As I pulled up the driveway, I saw a distinct red flower laying on my doormat, and immediately I knew who it was from. Dev. He was always the type to fight savagely and then meekly apologize in the most thoughtful manners. Had we fought over almost anything else, I would have accepted his apology easily, not even thinking twice about it. But this was Marshall. Better known as Eminem to the world, he was seen as a cold-hearted, brutal legend, the king of hip hop. But to me, he was the man who'd saved me from that rapist, the man who I'd fallen for, and as of last night, the man I called my boyfriend.

Boyfriend. The word itself gave me chills of pleasure. There was no other man I'd rather involve my life with right now, and maybe not even in the future.

I carried all my things with me, unlocked the door, ignoring the wilting rose, and stepped inside. After organizing and changing my clothes, I gave Luna a call. The phone rang bleakly, and went unanswered. Two minutes later, I got a text.

Luna: Hey, sorry Dri. I can't talk too long right now, I'm in a waiting room. WHAT HAPPENED WITH MARSHALL?!

Me: Oh, okay. Everything was perfect. :) Like you have no idea.

Her: You didn't call me this morning. -___-

Me: Sorry, I slept over at his place.

Her: FCSFHSDKJSFUSTIETUGVDMNHVDKJSHCFILEFYILAWUGFER. OHMIGAWD.

Me: Oh Jesus, Luna. -______-

Her: I DON'T EVEN HAVE TO SAY IT, YOU KNOW WHAT I'M GOING TO ASK. :D

Me: No, we didn't.

Her: Why not? :(

Me: Haha, I don't know, Lu. I'm just waiting for that moment to lose it. He doesn't have to be the one, I just want the moment to be perfect.

Her: You have a point...but if it was me, I would have already fucked his brains out. ;)

Me: Hey, don't talk about my boyfriend like that. ;)

Her: BOYFRIEND?! HE ASKED YOU?!

Me: Yes. :)

Her: WHAT THE FUCK, YOU DIDN'T TELL ME?!

Me: Pshhh. ;)

Her: ;O I'm so happy for you, baby!

Me: Thanks Lu. :D

Her: When do you think y'all will get it on? ;)

Me: This again? Haha, I don't know. When it happens, it happens. Jesus, you're worrying about it more than I am.

Her: Well duh I'm interested, my best friend is fucking one of the finest men ever. ;) Not to mention, he's like king of rap.

Me: Can't disagree there. ;)

Her: You know you want it. ;) I got to go, docter's here. Bye. <3

Me: <3

I put down my phone and lounged around for a while, then guilt got the best of me and I popped my head outside, grabbed the rose and the note attached to it and brought it inside. It was ignorant and fucked up of me to just ignore Dev's effort, so I opened the nose and set the rose down.

It said:

Sorry. I was acting hella stupid.

The note gave me a feel that maybe he didn't realize how deep his comments had hit me. I snorted, disheartened.

---

I was close to dozing off when my phone rang.

"Hey Adrienne," Marshall exhaled smoothly. "Sorry, I would have called or texted you earlier, but it took a while to clean up the kitchen."

I laughed. "That's fine. How did you like Monday night and Tuesday night's extremely long date?"

"It went great. It really did."

"I'm glad you liked it."

"Know what my favorite part was?"

"What?"

"Holding you all night."

I giggled, snuggling myself into the sheets. "That was my favorite part too."

"Dri, you sound sleepy."

I smiled at how well he knew me unconsciously and spoke. "Ding ding ding, someone's correct."

"Go to bed, baby."

"But I wanna talk to you..."

"Dri, we can talk tomorrow. Go to bed so you wake up faster tomorrow and I'll come see you when I can."

"Do you promise?"

"Promise."

"I don't believe you," I stalled, my words slowing down our conversation, eyes half-closed.

"Dri, stop playing," he chuckled, velvety and sensual. Putting off the topic, I randomly puckered up my lips and blew him a tired kiss. The sound of a kiss blown back came through the phone, and my lips rose in a smile.

"You're cute," I uttered.

"You're cuter. You're the cutest." His voice got low with intimacy, and I could hear him breathing into the speaker.

"Marshall?"

"Yes?"

"I'm going to bed. But I want to see you so bad."

"How does tomorrow sound?"

"Sounds great," I gibbered.

"Go to bed, baby."

"Okay, good night, sweet dreams," I murmured, yawning, and I clicked the end button, then rolled over, sleep taking me swiftly.

---

Blah. This chapter was a little poopy. But I told myself that I would upload within a day, because the longer I wait, I lose my drive. :/ So please comment and vote and all that good stuff, even if this chapter is fsjlfgsfgsjfgjshfds. ;P Haha love you all. -Parisa. c:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

360K 12.6K 162
Tessa Sanchez Black is an singer from California. She's worked with many talanted people like Jay z, Beyoncé, Nas, LL cool J, Janet Jackson, Lil Kim...
170K 4.4K 60
Dayanara is living in a small two bedroom with her daughter Jane in the depths of Detroit. She's searching for love after her ex-boyfriend left her...
1.3M 29.1K 65
- PREVIOUSLY KNOWN AS 'The Scars Of Your Love' - Emmeline Adams is just getting settled into her new life as a college student in Berkeley, Californi...
73.5K 2.3K 35
Ella has been living her best life, trying to avoid her past demons. Suddenly she find herself craving chaos, and ironically said chaos starts with t...