Hostages (Book 2)

By nanaedc

Which Bond Can Heal The Constantly Breaking Girl? The Completed Book 2 in the Aria Serrano Trilogies. ****Who... More

Hostages (Book 2)
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
The Dinner Of Truth
*Mature 16+* Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Cast

Chapter 37

29 1 0
By nanaedc

"Was that Zachary." Brandon asked.

I quickly added an "Mhm." Then Zach snatched the phone from me.

"No more questions. Have a good night you two." He yelled through the phone then ended the call,I sighed inwardly and ran a hand through my hair. I was a tad glad he needed the call,I rested back in the bed and tried to control my heart rate. Zachary walked around then squatted to my level,his peak green eyes studied me before asking.

"What were they talking to you about?"

I wasn't sure if I should lie or be truthful since it doesn't reveal anything major. But then again he know I'm lying anyway.

"He wanted to know if me and Niall was dating before we met you."

Zachary looked down and pulled his lip between his teeth,it peaked my interest so I slowly raised my head from leaning back and took the opportunity to read him since he wasn't looking at me at the moment. His eyes were moving fast like he was reading and his shoulders were tense. He was off about something,about something I just finished saying.

"What did you say?" He looked back at me "To answer Brandon's question,what did you say?"

He was off about me answering? Wait,he was off because he didn't know my answer! He doesn't know if I said no and it probably made him tense to think I said yes. Does that mean he's. . .jealous? Envious? He did try to kill Niall when they met but had his jealousness to think Niall was a threat carried with him through these 3 years and 4 months? My head went back to this morning at the letter and at what he said. I honestly would want nothing more than to give Zachary the affection he didn't have as a child but that would mean not liking Niall,not to feel exactly what Brandon said. .magnetic. I would have to completely discard his looks,personality,his both good and bad touch,our history. And that's something I don't think I can do,he crawled way to deep under my skin that I couldn't shake the daydreams even if I wanted too. I feel awful technically. . . cheating on Zachary but,how am I supposed to choose?

I brought myself back to the present to see Zachary still waiting for an answer and I gave the first answer that cane to mind.

"I said no. Because there wasn't anything,we were just very good friends." You can hate me if you want. But I'm not ready to let him go yet.

I forced against a cringe when I saw him relax drastically from his tense body language,one of those feather smiles appeared on his features then I said, "Why me?"

The typical stupid question that I hated hearing from the characters on my favorite shows. Yet here I am saying it.

"Why you?" Confusion caused that heart fluttering smile upside down.

"Are you asking why I chose you?" He asked further. Zach tried to read me again (hopefully failing) then to my shock he began chuckling. "I believe you asked me this question already."

My turn to frown. I don't remember that. "I have?"

He nodded, "You indeed have. But I have no problem in telling you again."

He stood back up taking my hands then me with him. I sat on my side of the bed,criss cross then he did the same on his side,across from me. I was just realizing that he had a towel around his neck and his hair was still dripping from his shower when he began talking.

"I. .guess. .it's better,worldwide,if I have you."

My eyes tracked from his hair to his eyes then replied with a "Huh?"

There goes that striking smile. "Like we've compared before,you are like my anchor. I say its better worldwide because--well the less crazy people the better right?"

I laughed as I nodded.

"Without you,I wouldn't be the man I am today. And the human being that you are,which is the complete opposite of mine. .helps me see both sides instead of just rage."

A lump formed in my throat the minute he said "without you..". Seeing no doubt,wavering truth or uncertainty, on his face makes me extremely unstable. The way he seems so sure shows me just how much wrong I'm doing behind his back,he wrote a letter to me saying the most meaningful words with the most emotion packed in just a few sentences then deliberately I went behind his back.

His face showed concern and he inched closer. "Aria don't cry."

It was then at I felt something rolling down my cheeks. I feel awful right now,really awful. So awful that I don't think I deserve anything of what he's saying about me right now.

"Can I--" I wiped my face with the back of my hands "Can i have a hug?"

A sad or pitiful smile mixed in with his concern as he said, "I can give you anything,all you have to do is ask."

He said before he pulled me onto his lap. My arms latched on his neck and I rested my nose on his shoulder,shutting my eyes. Today was nothing but full of mistakes,even though being in Niall's room felt good and thrilling,it was wrong. I can't hurt Zachary the way Jason hurt me,I can't use him. What happened between me and Niall can't ever happen again. His arms tightened around my waist as mine did. I soaked my lungs in his scent,staining my nose as I let out a shaky breath. I had my dinner still outside in Niall's room but I wanted wanted to sit here and fall in an uncomplicated sleep.

ZACHARY'S POV

I held Aria as if she was a baby and to me she was,my baby. I wasn't sure how much time past but when I felt Aria's slow breathing through my shirt I knew she was sleep,I slowly started leaning to the side careful not to wake her as I laid her head on the pillows. Her arms lazily slid down from my neck and next to her face then I pulled the sheets over her,a cool breeze was caused by the blanket stopping me in my tracks. It smelled exactly like Aria's shirt she was currently wearing,and it wasn't her normal scent. I wasn't sure what it smelled like since I never smelled it before but it wasn't perfume,it had a sharp beginning to it. I looked at the face of the love of my life and my head filled with frightening thoughts,I didn't address them and continues to cocoon Aria in the sheet.

ARIA'S POV

I wish I never went to sleep last night,I really do. I dreamed of the little Iephuerchun across the living room. And it seems to be dragging out even though I woke up minutes ago,I can smell him and I'm still in my room! It's mixing in with my breathing air I can even hear keyboard typing. Zachary was already gone since I'm lying here alone,I uncovered my head with my blanket and opened my eyes to the sun with my curtains strangely open. The keyboard sounds must not have been me dreaming because I was still hearing it right now,I looked without moving the the desk where my computer was and saw indeed that someone was on my computer. My computer that has a password that only I know about. When clouds momentarily covered the sun I got a better look at the person,sighed heavily and turned to my other side. His scent wasn't imaginary either. Okay Aria,remember what we talked about. No mingling.

I let out a deep breath then trusted my voice to say, "How did you get pass my password?"

"Didn't need to,it was already unlocked."

Niall stood up and I heard him walking to the side of the bed that I was facing. I shut my eyes tight when he stood on his knees till we were face leveled,I can't look at him unless I want to start all over again with keeping distance. His eyes is like a portal to the underworld. There's no way out. No back door.

"Are you refusing to look at me?" He asked,with his breath fanning my face.

I didn't answer and just kept my eyes.

"I brought you this a few minutes ago." Niall said then I smelt it.

The roasted goodness with a hint of French vanilla,it's scent travelled from its container and to me. Just the smell of coffee had me up without a trace of sleepiness. My eyes shot open and clarified on the McCafé cup,I sat up letting the blanket fall to my waist as I picked up the cup and carefully opened the lid.

"A spoon of sugar,and French until the color changed." He replayed the order to me.

I pressed and sealed the lid back on and sighed,again. His gestures are to much,first yesterday and now today. It's weird how he has an entire second personality and sorta makes me wonder;why me does he choose to show that side of him to? And whatever his goal may be,I have to assure that it doesn't I involve any of yesterday's activities.

"Niall. .about yesterday,that can't--"

"Don't" he swiftly cut me off and stood on his feet. He took a seat next to me then finished "I know where your going with that and frankly. . I'm trying to avoid it coming from you."

Well at least I didn't have to go through the awkwardness I saying it. I looked up at him and my stupid self got caught in his eyes,its been almost 24 hours and it has been the longest that his eyes didn't darken shades because of me. They have that icy,endless blue. Chilling their victim from the inside,out. I could look in them forever but then they'll just kill me.

"Wherever you take this" he motioned to the both of us "Is fine by me," Niall sighed then glanced away"along as it doesn't require you never talking to me again."

His eyes were silently questioning to probably make sure that I wasn't leading into never acknowledging him again,and I don't think that that would even be possible. We would of clashed sometime,a tiny smile placed my lips as its home when I finally let the words fully sink into my head. He wanted me nearer to him than we already are in a hotel suite,I wasn't alone in that category.

I sheepishly shook my head and said,"That's not what I going to say." Then I took a sip of the caffeine.

I watched his shoulders slump in relief then he watched pull the cup back down and in my lap. He then smiled then spoke. "Like I said,I can't have you scared of me."

It didn't take me long to know what he was talking about as my head instantly went to his 'second agenda',it's been in the decipher part of my brain and I have yet to crack it. It was actually frustrating. I rolled my eyes at him rubbing it in my face that he knew what it was and I didn't,then instinctly I tensed,realizing who I rolled my eyes at.

Niall noticed the tense and confused itched and tugged on his face. "What's wrong?"

I looked at him and took my opportunity to cover-up my action since he didn't noticed that I did it. So I shook my head at him in a 'nothing' way but he wasn't accepting it as he looked like he was reading a book,his eyes moving back and forth. Like looking back in the past without actually being there,like retracing his steps.

He caught on something since his face showed recognition,he focused his gaze on me and furrowed his brows. "You rolled your eyes."

Well I just made it worse on my part. I rolled my eyes and lied to him. But he wouldn't hurt me right? Being the helpless girl I am I happen to think there was something between us that happened yesterday,something that I haven't experienced before with Zachary. I know that out of male and females that women are the sappiest ones (embrace it ladies,we still run the world,though) so he probably didn't see what I saw but. . .he wouldn't go back on his word and hurt me. And I guess if he didn't see it then it's a good thing.

"And you flinched,thinking I was going to. .hit you." I couldn't meet his gaze "Why would you think I would hurt you?"

I focused on the warm cup in my hand and drowned out all the rest of my senses,disbelief and hurt was in his words and towards the back I heard anger crawling its way up his throat. I felt his eyes penetrating through my efforts to avoid him and what he did next didn't help the situation. He captured my chin between his thumb and index finger then raised up until I was facing him,I tried to pull away but didn't try my usual hardest since it was my chin that could bruise but I did shut my eyes.

Our proximity,our mixed exhales,his touch of intense stare and physically being on me caused me to rethink my decision last night. As of right now,I want to be close to Niall,I wanted to forget about the questions and complications and sit in the warmth arms,in his scent intoxicated room as we bickered about nothing.

I wanted to forget about Zachary.

And I know what your thinking: That that's terrible to even feel that way but I have to be honest,I have to admit these things to myself if I want to find my way through the maze. Being around Zachary makes me feel precious. Delicate and completely untouched by the corrupt things that's happened in my life and being with Niall was the complete opposite. The feeling consumes me. He challenges me to repeatedly remind myself and him that I am a Serrano that's currently walking through hell.

There's always a heated conversation between us,the little things he says and does gets me worked up in according ways. . .there's thrill surrounding him. Never is there a calming atmosphere when he's around,there is always electrical energy. Yeah he makes me feel precious in the recent encounters that we have but in a different way than Zach. Both Niall and Zachary touch me as if I'm glass but Niall. . .in a way,teases me,I think in a way to assure himself that he isn't the only one battling against his heart and that's what I mean by thrill. Even in the most public place I can't seem to resist him,he's touch is hot against my skin and yet his eyes are cold against my soul.

Niall himself seems to have implanted himself in my mind then slowly day by day he watered it with his presence. His smirks. His laugh. His actions. And. .in this moment, after admitting this, I've started to find myself falling for my ex-abuser.

"Look at me," Niall breathlessly said. Making me shiver as his breath caused a wave of heat to engulf me.

I frankly don't want to make things worse for myself but I didn't want to open my eyes,because I don't want to look at him differently,from a different perspective. And it sucks that I still don't know if he feels the same, the exact same way.

"Aria." He asked as if he didn't know I was here,in front of him. I started to try and build courage to look at him but he seemed to know exactly what to do to get me to open my eyes, his hand rested a few inches above my knee on my thigh. Like I said,the feeling caused me not only to jump,but my eyes to open.

Instantly they locked with his and sparks flew.

Yes,I'm serious.

Sparks enveloped us and sounded where we came into contact starting from our eyes to his hand. This was the very first time,and I mean 1st time this happened between us or me and anyone. My eyes widened at the feeling though I don't think he felt it cause he seemed unfazed. The unusual surprising feeling caused me to jolt back,my chin slipping from his grip and the cup falling from my lap nearly slipping on the white bed sheets before he reached out and caught it. When he set the cup on the table there was some decent space in the middle of us and I was looking at my arms and hands,I don't know why that happened but I was trying to see if I can get answer from my skin.

"You didn't believe me when I promised you?"

I looked back up at him who was standing.

"I did--I still do. It's just a force of habit,I did it with Zayn. .I did it with Tim. .and I do it with Zachary. It's a habit."

My gaze held his and the cold new electric spider crawled up my spine. Why is this happening?

"I did that to you." He said with defeat in his tone and hurt was taking over his features.

"No,it--" I started as I began pushing off the bed.

"It was,and that's okay. I just have to work harder to rid of everything I did to make you doubt yourself."

I was now on my feet next to the bed.

"Get dressed for today then come to the kitchen,the guys wanted to do something different this morning."

He pushed me a sad fake smile then left past me and out the room. I sighed when I heard the click of the door then fell back on the soft duvet,I'm never going to succeed in sticking with one of them. He peaked my curiosity when he spoke of the guys so I got in the shower and poured only the hot water from the drain,the scorching water leveled up to Niall's touches and it immediately relaxed me. It felt like needles and bullets hit my skin to the point where I was the shade of a beet,when I got out the shower I wrapped a towel around me like a dress and rang the rest of the water out my hair. I went to the closet and looked around for anything to wear,I have been wearing jeans alot lately so before I knew it was happening

I took a crimson short sleeve dress off the hanger. It hugged my top half and was lace while the bottom flowed around my legs in a leather material. The back was edgy as all my clothes were and had many lines in the shape of many 'X's from biggest and got smaller as it went down my back. The design ended right above my underwear line,it was risky but you know me,gotta live up to the badass last name.

Niall's POV

When her door was fully closed behind me I stood there to try and mask my face before walking in front of everyone. The fact and reality that Aria was still afraid of me hit me in an unexpected place,it stung to see her flinch away from me and in her eyes I actually saw the barrier of tears that was ready to crack and spill over the minutes I broke my promise and inflict pain on her. But I had better plans for the future that had no involvement in her being sad. I began walking through the halls towards the kitchen. I had to face that someday she was going to confront me and drag me into a conversation about that incident that happened on exactly July 25 in her room so it didn't come as a shock when it took place and, God,was I relieved to hear that I made minor progress in making her comfortable around me because if we didn't carry on this connection to a new level she still wanted me as a friend,she still wanted me around.

. . .Her skin was so welcoming under my touch. And wherever my hand touched her skin it was like she shrunk or expanded to fit my hand. So soft that it almost wasn't real,she felt like silk putty in my hands. And the electronic feeling made it all that much better and once that actually happened,the first time being minutes ago,my reaction was the biggest smile I could muster. You would have to be feeling impaired not. That's how strong it was,it was a nervous feeling. But I wanted to feel it in an intensified way,that or I wanted to feel the maximum of it all at once. It made me even more frustrated to be around her and not know what she's thinking. Basing her reaction towards what happened I take it as it never happened to her before and that's more of a reason that she belongs with me.

I rounded the corner and it didn't come to me as a surprised when I bumped into Zayn. The guy was getting on my nerves the way he was watching me and Aria,however,I played it off (mostly) with a sly smirk. "How am I not surprised to see you here. I feel as if you was watching me."

"How's Aria?" He asked then crossed his arms.

I looked at him for a bit then my smirk got bigger. "Again,you aren't asking the questions you want answered."

He looked with disgust at my smile then duplicated it. "Okay. How big of a bruise did you give her now?"

And that's why he smirked. Because he knew mines won't stick around once he said that. The anger easily presented itself as I curled my hands into fists and all I wanted to do at the moment was punch the smirk off his face and onto the floor. Don't mistake our frequent arguments for me not liking the amount of care he's giving Aria,that's not it. I admire his care for her,what's getting to me is his assumption that I'm the one he has to protect her from. He's just as hardheaded as Aria and refuse to accept my changed ways. The thing he fails to realize is,he's trying to take her away from me. And it was her that changed me so what does he think will happen if he succeeds in taking her.

The thought alone,angered me more. "Why don't you ask her yourself? She's preparing for the day,so when she comes out ask her yourself."

My anger simmered down as I shook my head cause of my thoughts then I looked back at him. "You know,I've tried to look the other way and just leave it alone because she cares about you but the next time you accuse me of hurting the one person that I would never take pleasure in hurting,I'll personally remove you from her life. And I don't think you would want her treating you like how she treats her own sister."

His brows furrowed and he took a defensive step forward. "Who are you to tell me not to be in Aria's life? If I didn't know any better,I would say that you sound just like you did three years ago."

Completely un-intimidated by his words or actions I shrugged. "I said I wouldn't hurt her. I said nothing about protecting her,think of it as another body guard. Except I intend to be much more secretive and successful."

"Successful? Are we still talking about protecting her? You know da*n well that you would remove me because I'm the only thing coming between you and that stupid second agenda."

I had to chuckle at that. "My agenda is far from stupid. .it leads to a great future for her and me."

He then narrowed his eyes. "Having her fall in love with you is a disaster waiting to happen. And she won't do it,knowing her. She wouldn't even consider it,I won't let her."

The calm demeanor on me replaced with small anxiety then I narrowed my eyes till I can barely out of them. "You better not think of turning her against me," his face still unmoving but his eyes confirmed what I say with a yes "Try it and watch what happens."

I roughly pushed past him and into the kitchen where everyone was,then I heard Aria's door open. I grabbed two plates then put them on the connected table consisting of the living room table and the island then went back to the cabinets for cups. If Zayn tries to come between me and Aria,I'll personally see to it that he never lives it down. The second agenda formally,is to have her see that I've changed and. .that's supposed to lead to her falling for me.

Why do I want this? I can't say yet.

I have made much progress than I thought I would in a short time and if that twit ruins it. . .he's going to regret it. And that's all the words I can find to describe it,he's going to painly feel what I will feel if she rejects me. I turned towards the table with the cups in my hands when Aria walked in.

I swear, when she's wears what I've come to learn is her taste in style, I try not to look at her. I really try my hardest because I wouldn't look at her in the most. .appropriate way.

How can she wear something so simple but look mouth watering?

How can she wear something so elegant and make it look dangerously sexy?

How can she pull off the exact same makeup technique,every single day?

How does she have the most beautiful head of hair that every girl and sometimes guys dream of,but not even try?!

How can she be so oblivious to how her presence altogether affects the people around her--me most of the time.

Red was astonishingly a fantastic color on her and made her skin stand out like an overdone tan. Her hair flowed around her whenever she turned or moved even the slightest,it really put it over the top whenever her hair was out. Her lip art continues to excite and make her eyes stand out. And when she turned to help Harry with something it was probably the first time I wanted her hair up,it stopped me from gawking at the soft smooth skin covering her back. Just yesterday I discovered that she had dimples towards her lower back. She was everything; adorable,cute,beautiful,gorgeous,. . .

"Niall?" Aria's questioning voice met my ears,snapping me from my thoughts.

I looked slightly down to meet her eyes and was just catching how she was now standing in front of me when she wasn't a second ago,she carefully tried to take a cup from my grasp and it was then when I realized that I had a death grip on it. I let her take the cup with her concern filled eyes looked into mine,I still don't know how she could care for me out of all people knowing what I did to her.

But still,her eyes. .could change anyone.

"Have you. .spoke to Zayn? At all today." I asked her.

"Uh," she turned and glanced at the door "I said hello. But nothing else,why? Is he okay?" She asked.

I nodded, "Yeah he's fine."

"And what about you and him? Is there still a barrier between you two?"

"We're fine. As fine as possible."

She glanced back at the door then me. "I'll ask him later. Do you know what are they doing?"

She pointed to everyone gathering around the table and I grinned, "Louis wanted to have a family moment as he called it," I moved my feet walked beside her to the table "So him and Liam went and bought all this food so everyone can have breakfast together."

"No Harry,the grits and bacon go side by side!"

"Does it matter, mate!? It's on the table isn't?"

Aria used her voice in a giggle as she covered her mouth with her small manicured hand and her eyes lit up. I remember when she told I would never hear her laugh again. She was wrong. I watched her until she simmered her happiness down,leaving a smile on her face.

"Sit next to me?" I asked,hoping she would say yes and I wouldn't have to have the urge to force her to say yes.

. . .I'm still a work in progress.

She nodded then her eyes widened as she look down at the table. Suddenly her hand wrapped around my wrist and she ran us to that table and she swung her feet over the stool.

I looked in front of her and saw a pitcher of smelled like hazelnut coffee and next to it was mini creamer cups. I chuckled and took my seat next to her.

"Didn't you just have a cup?" I asked as I watched her practically jump up and down in her seat.

" ' One is never enough ' Ariana Grande once told me."

My brows knitted together as I thought. Afterwards I smirk and rested my elbow on the table and my head in my hand, "I believe it was 'Almost is never Enough'."

"Same thing." She shooed me away then reached for the gallon.

*********

Till the next episode!?

Aiall? Yes!?

Zaria? Yes!?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 17.3K 3
*Wattys 2018 Winner / Hidden Gems* CREATE YOUR OWN MR. RIGHT Weeks before Valentine's, seventeen-year-old Kate Lapuz goes through her first ever br...
4M 195K 101
โœ… "We always long for the forbidden things." ๐๐ฒ๐ฌ๐ญ๐จ๐ฉ๐ข๐š๐ง ๐ง๐จ๐ฏ๐ž๐ฅ โ†ฏ โš”๏ธŽ ส™แดแดแด‹ แดษดแด‡ แด€ษดแด… แด›แดกแด แด„แดแดส™ษชษดแด‡แด… โš”๏ธŽ ...
609K 2.3K 63
lesbian oneshots !! includes smut and fluff, chapters near the beginning are AWFUL. enjoy!
4M 86.8K 62
โ€ข[COMPLETED]โ€ข Book-1 of Costello series. Valentina is a free spirited bubbly girl who can sometimes be very annoyingly kind and sometimes just.. anno...