Pen Pal Project [Alex Gaskart...

Por TigerChick_

Fifteen year old Charlia has to do a class project. The project? Correspond to a pen pal. Thinking that it wo... Más

Pen Pal Project
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One

Chapter Eight

4.4K 105 12
Por TigerChick_

January 25th

I first became aware of the world when I heard hushed voices.

'Great, it was all a wonderful dream' I thought to myself. In about three seconds, one of the younger kids would start banging on my door or just simply barge in and poke me to get me to wake up.

True to form, I felt the soft prod against my side and I whined as I turned away from the hand. It was only when a soft fabric brushed against my nose when the confusion set in.

I'm lay on my side. Why is my nose against the bed sheets?

Then it occured to me that maybe yesterday wasn't a dream after all. Rolling back over, I opened my eyes and I felt my heart soar with joy.

I was in a cramped room with two couches and two guys sat on the one which was opposite mine. I recognised the first ace to be Alex and the second face was Zack.

"So it wasn't a dream?" I questioned groggily as I pushed myself up. Both of them started laughing and shook their heads.

"Nope. It's show day tonight before our days off. So you ready to do things today?" I simply let myself fall back onto the couch in response and Alex laughed. "C'mon kiddo. We've got something planned."

I got ready within fifteen minutes, after Zack had thrown one of his Amerrickan shirts at me when I left to get changed out of my sleepwear.

Once I was sorted, Alex practically dragged me off the bus and that was when I realised that everyone else had left us back on the bus.

"Alex, why did no one tell me to hurry up?" I grumbled and he laughed at my disgruntled expression.

"Because they wanted you to take your time, silly. Now shut up and hurry up. We're nearly there." I sighed but complied as we continued forward.

Before I realised, Alex had pushed me ahead of him and was practically steering me to the restaurant we seemed to be heading towards.

"Hungry much?" I teased and he simply laughed. "Fine then, ignore me." I grumbled as we reached the place. He didn't pause by the podium where you were supposed to wait, instead he carried on straight through to a back room.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY." I jumped when we walked in and everyone yelled. Alex had finally stopped pushing me and he was grinning like a mad man.

"Wait, you guys were planning this?" I questioned, raising my eyebrow at the four of them.

"Pretty much. It was all last minute as well." Jack stated proudly. I grinned and turned to Alex.

"You really shouldn't have." I muttered, my cheeks burning a bright pink at the gesture.

"Well half of it was done by Jake. We'd have been lost without him." I looked around at his name, wondering whether I'd see him amongst the faces that had been so friendly towards me. "He's not here."

"Who said I was looking for anyone?" I retorted, even though I could feel my heart sink into my stomach.

"Your face says it all. He can't be here because he said he's got something to do for his work." I just rolled my eyes. His job was going to run him six feet under at this rate.

I honestly didn't expect anything from the guys, but this just made my day. I felt so lucky in that single moment.

"We didn't get you anything, because, well it's last minute but-" Alex started, but I cut him off.

"Alex, never in a million years would I have dreamed for this to happen to me. It's more than enough for me."

The day went by so fast. We had our miniature party, and because I was with All Time Low, it was only when it was an hour till the first support went on stage; we went back to the busses.

Instead of walking close to the guys like I had wanted, Matt instructed me to walk slightly ahead, as if I was guiding them around the city. Of course, there were screams from the fans. But we got away without causing a full scale riot which apparently was a first.

Once back on the bus, I pulled on my hoodie, feeling colder than I had done.

"So what do you wanna do whilst we wait?" Alex passed me another hoodie.

"Can we watch The Parent Trap?" I asked whilst I pulled on the extra layer of clothing.

"Isn't that the one with Lindesy Lohan?" I nodded my head and he shrugged. "Sure, it'll kill a couple of hours at least." I grinned in success at his words.

So that's how we came to be sat on the sofa, I was curled against his side, almost like a cat and we were watching the twins as they pulled the prank on their dad's fiancé.

"Would you have ever done that to someone you don't like?" Alex asked out of the blue.

"Well, not really. But if they'd upset me in anyway, I'd get even instead." I shrugged as she fell into the water. I couldn't stop my giggles at that.

We continued to watch the film until Matt came on the hunt for Alex. Once again, I followed them out and stood side stage as All Time Low performed.

This time, I pinched the back of my hand to remind myself that it wasn't some crazy dream.

There were points where I wanted to be in the crowd, but at the same time, I felt quite lucky when I saw how many kids were being pulled out.

Once the guys were showered and clean, we decided to venture out into the city. I couldn't drink yet, but it didn't mean that we couldn't have a nice meal out somewhere relaxing and away from all the chatter of the fans.

We found a nice café away from the main hustle and bustle of the nightlife, ofcourse, Jack hit on the waitress within minutes and the guys were in hysterics.

It was nice to eat and watch them goof around. Jack kept flicking his fries at Alex, and Alex retaliated by throwing milkshake in his direction.

I had the tray held up in front of my face to avoid getting hit and I was pretty sure that there were photos by now of this childishness.

Finally it hit one am and I started to yawn.

"Child is sleepy!" Alex practically yelled and I glared at him, unable to hide the second yawn.

"We need sleep to have a fun packed day tomorrow!" Jack yelled and they both hauled me from the booth. I knew we were a good fifteen, maybe twenty minutes from the bus and walking whilst I was this tired didn't appeal to me.

But I started walking either way.

It was only when I started nodding off against Alex's arm and he forced me to stop and then stood in front of me.

"Why are you doing that? We need to get back to the bus...?" I questioned, confused.

"Girl, I'm offering a piggy back ride." Comprehension dawned and I attempted to jump on his back, only to fall right off or him to stagger forward and nearly topple over.

"Zack, help please?" Alex whined and I giggled. He sounded like such a child.

Zack gripped my waist and hoisted me onto Alex's back. Once his arms were secure under my thighs and I had my hands around his neck, we continued our journey and I happily nodded off against Alex's shoulder.

I don't remember getting onto the bus, I just remember the temperature changing before I fell back asleep again. I was too exhausted to care where I was in that moment.

January 26th

When I woke up, I did not expect Jack so close to my face.

"Jesus Christ, Jack!" I yelled, scrambling to get as far away from him as possible.

"What?" He questioned too innocently.

"Why so close to my face, jackass? I don't like that." I glared and he held his hands up in a surrender position.

"Sorry Charlia. Just letting you know that breakfast is ready." He grinned and I sleepily made my way into the kitchen area of the bus.

I collapsed into the seat available next to Alex and let my head rest on his shoulder.

"How tired are you kiddo?"

"Tired enough to be angry with Jack, but not form any plan that involves his murder." I grumbled and he let out a sharp laugh.

"C'mon, we've got a chill out day today. We've got a few days off so we're gonna visit your town." I blinked in shock and frowned.

"How many days did you say you had off?"

"Two I think. So we'll be able to see you tomorrow after school if you want?"

"Nah, you guys have gotta prep for the tour. I can't hog you guys. And anyway, I'll be able to write to you still, seeing as I now know the tour that you're on." I teased and he just chuckled.

We spent the day watching films as the bus continued the journey to my town. Twice I fell asleep on Alex, and he didn't once complain about it. He simply teased me.

When we arrived at the home, I felt my stomach turn. I hadn't expected the guys to actually see where I lived.

"So you live in some spooky ass mansion? Cool!" Trust Jack to make light of any situation. It really did make me smile.

"I wish. It's so modern, you would not believe it."

He grinned at me and I made sure I had everything packed up.

"Wait, we've gotta have a photo together kiddo! Just so I know that I'm not going crazy." I grinned as I dropped my bag once we were off the bus. The sun was just setting, so he turned the camera to the front screen and stood next to me.

We took about six different poses before agreeing that they were all just as good.

"Wait, I have a polaroid camera. Can I get two more snaps? One for me and one for you?" At this, he just grinned and picked up my back making me laugh as I chased him to the house.

"Hold up, we want our goodbyes!" Jack yelled after us both.

"You'll get mine one I've sorted this goofball out!" I yelled back as we reached the door, greeted by an amused Rosie.

"I'm just gonna run up and grab the camera, Is that okay?"

"Go for it lovely." Her smile looked strained, and I refrained from asking anything in front of Alex. So I beckoned him to follow me. I reached my room and pulled out the camera.

He was quick to take the camera off me and stand behind me, snapping one photo of us, and then with both of us still grinning, he took another one.

He took the second one and I abandoned the camera on my bed as I followed him back downstairs, laughing as he tripped over his own feet.

"I have a weird picture of you!" He sang as we left the house and I rolled my eyes as I slowed my pace to a walk.

Once he realised that I wasn't running, he simply slowed his own pace and walked alongside me.

"Promise to stay in contact?"

"I have to, idiot. This counts as like, twenty five per cent of my grade." He laughed, slinging his arm around my shoulders and kissing my temple. I simply leaned into him, feeling the sadness bubble in the pit of my stomach. "I don't want this weekend to end." I admitted quietly.

"Hey, we'll see each other sooner than you think, I promise."

I said my goodbyes to the guys one by one, saving my last for Alex. Once the bus was out of sight, I headed back into the house and Rosie called me into her office.

"I need you to take a seat, Charlia."

"What's going on?"

"It's your father. He's putting pressure on them to make a decision in your 'best interests'." I felt my hands shake, almost knowing what was about to come next.

"The lawyer has hinted that the judge may rule for full custody to be granted to him. The decision will be made in the next two weeks, depending on his behaviour."

"But I'm sixteen now, does that not count for anything?!" She shook her head and I let my head fall into my hands. "Great. A perfect weekend and this asshole has to ruin it all. I can't ever have anything nice!" I yelled, the anger bubbling up.

Rosie didn't say a word.

I felt angry and hurt. And I had to deal with school in the morning.

This week was not going to be good.

i wrote this at like three am in the morning because i'm fucking weird like that. anyway i love the fact that you guys are so supportive of this story

dedicated to @Hobbie_Cat because she'd read the story in one sitting.

vote & comment!

peace, love n tiger stuff xo

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

4.9K 147 24
BEFORE READING: This was my very first completed story and was written in 2014. My writing has improved vastly since then, and while I still love Al...
749 54 12
Alex is a fifteen year old boy who had the worst luck in life. He'd witnessed his parents deaths, he was bounced from foster home to foster home, but...
10.9K 488 28
-COMPLETED- - trigger warnings in first chapter "Let's get to my house, we need to get you warm," he says. I look at him, and he's soaking wet. He's...
198 31 29
/dɪˈlɪəriəm/ /dɪˈlɪriəm/ [uncountable] a mental state where somebody becomes excited and not able to think or speak clearly, usually because of illne...