Dear Alex A.

By Just_Mixed

"Where is Alexander?" Every Nightwalker she runs into seems to be asking her the same question. Truth be told... More

Chaptear 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Fin

Chapter 22

76 2 0
By Just_Mixed

I awoke to the sensation of lips against my temple and a warm firmness tangled around me. Sunlight shone in a thin ray across the room, and the melody of synced heartbeats rang in my ear. Then suddenly, the tempo changed and the chest pushed against me with a deep inhale.

"Good morning, mutt."

"Good morning, Warden." I replied with a teasing smile he couldn't see, wait...wha?! I looked up and was aware of my situation. Our limbs had knotted up one way or another, bringing us close together with my head in the crevice of his neck. Though I willed against it with all my soul, my cheeks reddened all the while my eyes traveled up to meet his. The view from here made him down right gorgeous, all disheveled and happy, yet soft and comforting. "U-umm could you let me go please?"

"Why?" Luke's head tilted to a side like the stray that he is, catching me off guard.

"W-what do you mean why?!" I blushed even harder and began trying to wriggle free.

"There's no training today due to the party tonight, we have absolutely nothing we need to do at this very moment." He held me in place, my efforts proving futile. "Besides, it's too rare of an occasion where I get to hold you like this." He whispered in my ear; everything in my existence tingled. It felt too right, to just be carried off with this bliss.

"Luke...we can't.." He ignored my protests, instead, his lips traveled down to mine. They brushed against my lips so lightly, my breath was coaxed out of my lungs. My heart involuntarily fluttered while butterflies ran a rampage in my stomach.

"I've been holding back for so long, Fay." Luke kissed me again, lingering for only a few seconds longer. Feck fickled fudgesticks!! "Like this?"My neck was next and a noise escaped from me earning a chuckle. His teeth lightly grazed the delicate skin and my hand grasped the sheets.

"Luke, we really shouldn't...holy shit..." My train of thought dive bombed into the sky and set my motor skills on autopilot. His hands explored above my clothes, but underneath, my skin was burning

"You're perfect Fay, perfect for me."

"Luke.." My happiness began dwindling. How could he say this when he really didn't know the mess inside?

"Shh..let me finish or I won't ever." He closed his eyes, his cheeks rosy with sheepishness. "Though you're ridiculously hot-headed and stubborn, you're also kind, smart, and strong. You're the most beautiful woman I've ever seen, inside and out. You have your rough edges, but that doesn't matter."

"T-thanks...you're not so bad yourself..."I croaked like an idiot, mentally face-palming myself afterwards. He laughed yet again and nuzzled my neck. "You know it's funny, sometimes you're all stone cold soldier, and other times you're like a stray puppy."

"Hey this stray puppy's got a master now." He winked at me and I covered my face with my hands. Oh geez! "I'm sorry though, for all those times I was a jerk to you. It was the only thing I could do to distance myself from you, but it was still wrong."

"It's ok, we were both doing the same thing, but clearly you have more experience being an ass." I smirked.

"Don't push it, mutt."

"But you know, I don't really know all that much about you."

"There really isn't much.."Luke stretched, "What do you want to know?" I bit my bottom lip, racking around my mind for something to ask. It wasn't like I had prepared interview questions...

"Can you really play the cello?" I remembered seeing the case in his room, but it looked as thought it hadn't been moved in a while.

"I used to play." He began, " I was actually pretty good."

"Why did you stop then?"

"After Tony died, I guess I just lost my touch. I couldn't play it without thinking of him; he loved the sound." The pain returned to his face and I regretted asking in the first place.

"I'm sorry, you don't have to talk about it." I squirmed awkwardly, I have an unnatural talent of getting myself into these situations..

"It's ok, you actually remind me of him. The way you would act when you got excited over something little, or the kind of music you listen to. He was a bit calmer than you but just as caring, especially when it came to family. He was the best brother anyone could ask for." The admiration in those gems of his brought a smile to my face for a moment, but then I shivered. All this calm mushiness was too much, nothing I was accustomed to outside of my little family. It was overkill by honey and I didn't have that big of a sweet tooth.

"So you do have a heart! Somewhere deep, deep, deep down." I mused.

"Mine may be hidden away, but at least it isn't frozen." Luke shot back with a smirk.

"Hey! That's actually not entirely true. Anyways, we actually do have to get up. We need to start planning for tomorrow."

"What is there to plan really?

"Victor said he'd be getting us all plane tickets to Sedona, Arizona. He wants to send Daniel, Roman, and Shawn with us."

"Wait, isn't Roman the wolf you shot?" I nodded cheerily, I didn't regret doing it either. Not one bit. "Then he's obviously not coming."

"Eliza wants to come in Roman's place, but I doubt Victor will let her. However that turns out, we have to find this pack that lives there. I guess they helped Alexander before he was captured."

"What happened to calling him 'Dad'?" I glared at the boy who raised his hands in defense. "Anyways, we can't necessarily do anything since we aren't there, right? So there literally is nothing to be done-"

"Who are you and what have you done with Luke Milano?"

***Luke's POV***

"You aren't going anywhere dressed like that." I crossed my arms over my chest, blocking the door. She scowled, eyes narrowed with her own appendages knotted.

"Says who?" Fay challenged, "You aren't the boss of me."

"Well you got that wrong." I scoffed, still standing guard.

"Move!" She grabbed my arms and hauled me aside, she really had gotten stronger this past week. It was a bit scary to be honest. I pivoted and returned to my spot in front of the door. "We're going to be late!"

"Change that outfit and then-" The door burst open, knocking against my head. Eliza winced with a half-hearted 'Oops' as she stepped around me.

"What's taking so long?! Just about all our guests have arrived!" She exclaimed with a dash of exasperation.

"Britain's finest wouldn't let me past the gate!" Fay glared my way.

"For good reason on his part, but still, you both disappeared too early last time. You gotta put on a better show this time." The Alpha's daughter fussed with simple details with Fay before turning to me, "Next time just give her a compliment like a big boy and stuff that possessiveness down your pipe until the party's over." My cheeks involuntarily reddened after being scolded so I turned heel and left the room, a good sized crowd filled the hall down stairs. I could hear laughter and chatter over the music. Christmas had been more formal, but this party was clearly an opportunity for the younger wolves to find their better halves.

"Don't go wandering off." I reminded Fay as soon as she made it down the stairs. Several guys walked by and winked at the girls before continuing to the hall. My blood had already begun to boil, and a sick feeling grew in the pit of my stomach.

"Easy tiger, guys will be guys and rattle each other's cages. But you my friend are at a disadvantage here." Eliza warned, "Try not to get into any fights, please? There's got to be one year where my parties don't turn upside down.."She muttered before stalking off.

"Heiress.." Another guy approached us, he looked vaguely familiar. In a swift motion, he lifted Fay's hand to his lips with a curt bow. "Looking as beautiful as ever." The blonde grinned revealing his dimples. Dimples...

"I'm sure she appreciates the compliment," I snatched her hand away before she could say anything, " But there are more available girls in there." I pulled her along trying to steady my breath.

"Luke! Let go!" She yanked her hand from my grasp. "Tone it down a bit ok? I know what these guys want and believe me they ain't getting none. I can take care of them myself."

"Sorry." She really didn't know, at least not completely. She tugged at the skirt that waved about well above her knees. Go up further and the crop top, or whatever they're called, revealed the rest of her well kept body. Eliza had styled her hair and did her makeup as well, but just enough to compliment her natural features. It really disturbed me when I found out a lot of girls literally painted their faces on, but Fay didn't need to do that.

"It's ok, kinda feels good to make you jealous though." Her eyes twinkled mischievously.

"Don't push your luck." I growled quietly in her ear. My own self control was withering away and a flurry of ideas wanted to come into play.

"At last!" Victor found us by the dessert table, Fay had already begun stuffing her mouth with brownies and mini frozen creme puffs.

"These are freaking amazing!" She moaned eating one after another.

"So I hear, Heiress." The pack leader cleared his throat, weary of how the future Lord looked, practically inhaling the puffs. "There are a few guests I'd like to introduce you to. They're the betas of nearby packs, families who were loyal to your father before he disappeared."

"What about after?" Fay muttered under her breath, but it went unnoticed to the Alpha's ears. Her lips were pursed in slight discontent; her eyes reading everything.

"You think some hopped the fence when he went MIA?" I whispered, making sure no one could eavesdrop as we meandered through the guests.

"I wouldn't doubt it." Fay replied bitterly. This pack at least she knew she could trust in a distant kind of way, but the betas before us were a different story. 2 males and a female all stood together sipping champagne or some other kind of spirit. They laughed and joked until we arrived.

"Heiress, I present to you, Marshall, Timothy, and Marie." Fay gave them all one curt nod,

"It's a pleasure to meet fellow wolves who remain loyal to my father even after he's disappeared so long ago." The   short girl gave a polite smile that made Victor shift.

"Marshall, Timothy, Marie, this is our Heiress, Miss Alexandra Fay Albescu." He cleared his throat and the three gave a bow.

***Fay's POV***

"Call me Tim." The tallest, who looked like your typical surfer guy, offered while taking a step forward. Immediately after Luke shifted his position, subtly blocking the beta who didn't appreciate the gesture. "Don't really understand what a human is doing in your company, but he'd do well to know his place." The warm atmosphere he had now blazed, his eyes turned yellow with challenge.

"My place is beside her." Luke responded, clenching his fists.

"And I'd advise against doing anything stupid while you're in my pack house." Victor glared at the two who stood down reluctantly. "Be kind to my guests Timothy, all of them." I couldn't help but smile at the Alpha, defending my human.

"Come on, this is supposed to be a party right?" I hooked my arm in my human's and dragged him to the dance floor. Luke looked around uncomfortable and just stood there. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing, do you want some water or something? Soda?" He started backing up before I even answered so I followed.

"No thanks, let's just dance." I grabbed his hands and pulled him back gently. But he dug his heels in. "Luke? Why don't you want to dance?"

"I just don't..."

"Heiress, may I be honored with this dance?" Tim strolled up to us and offered his hand. The music turned more latin and the couples on the dance floor got closer in proximity, if that was even possible...

"She already has a dance partner." Luke growled and practically carried me away. He looked around at the feet of the people nearby and then at his own.

"You don't know how to dance." I realized out loud and Luke gritted his teeth, his ears even turned red. That's right! Whenever we went to a club to scout out, he always hung around the edges, not once did he dance. "Here, I'll teach you." I held his hands and gently guided him, correcting and suggesting when it called for it. His confidence began to bloom again in his eyes and he led me instead. With a swift turn, my back was against his chest and he held me tight.

"You look beautiful." He whispered in my ear, I could hear his deep inhale, "You smell good too." My face felt hot, scorching with the stares of the surrounding guests.

"T-thanks, I-I think we should go now. Let's take a break, yeah? I want some more creme puffs!" I plastered on a grin and slipped away, trying to control my rampaging heart. This guy's going to kill me one of these days...

***Luke's POV***

The rest of the night was mostly uneventful except for the fact that Fay got drunk... Again... She had slipped away for a good while and by the time I found her she was in a competition with an older guy. Victor scolded the man while I carried my girl away. So much for putting on a good show, the only way they'll know her is as the young drunk who beat an old guy. She didn't even fight me this time which was good, but she dropped her dead weight when she knocked out halfway up the stairs. She reeked of alcohol but slept soundly with a peaceful smile on her face.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

820 63 20
When your life is threatened. When your title is challenged. When your pride is dead. What would you stop at to protect your pack? My answer? Nothing...
37.6M 427K 12
**SAMPLE ONLY** Previously known as His Queen. Highest ranking : #1 in Werewolf (26/12/2015) Note : Please refer inside for the full summary. ❝Every...
790K 21K 50
I'm falling for the Alpha... ... Book 1 |Highest ranking #1 in werewolf - October 18, 2022| Started : Feb. 28, 2017 Finished: May 9, 2017 I#1 in w...
11.3K 805 50
Sometimes, you believe you are the only one left. Sometimes, you feel that the choices you make move you further away from where you should be. Somet...