Love Bite (Book 2 of the His...

By Rose_Wolf_

(If you haven't read His Alpha Her Omega then go ahead and do so, it will save you a lot of confusion) Highe... More

Chapter 1 Racing Home
Chapter 3 Safe at Home
Chapter 4 A Great Morning
Chapter 5 worst Case Scenario
Chapter 6 Baby Bomb? The Midnight Pop-Tart Run
Chapter 7 Brothers Back in arms
Chapter 8 The Visitor
Chapter 9
Chapter 10 The Interrogation, and the Unthinkable
Chapter 11 On Alert
Chapter 12 Pure Bliss
Chapter 13 Wake Up Call
Chapter 14 House Call
Chapter 15
Chapter 16 Mate Madness and Luka's plan of attack
Chapter 17 Preperation
Chapter 18 A new pair of hearts
Authors Note: Please Read
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23 Elliot's Heart
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26 She finally Snaps
Chapter 27 Who She Really Is
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45

Chapter 2 Finally Home

4.1K 174 3
By Rose_Wolf_

Previously, on Love bite

I then turn my wolf's head back so I'm looking straight. Now like my human form, some things on my wolf have changed over the almost two years, and yet some things have stayed the same. For starters my wolf has gotten a little bigger but not much. My wolf is still cream colored for the most part, however I have a bit of light brown fur behind both of my ears, it's because of my now dark brown hair. When my hair started to darken, the fur behind my ears began to darken as well.

I then whimper and let out a yawn as I lay down on Luka's blanket, I then close my eyes and start to inhale Luka's fresh fading honey scent slowly. Another lonely day without Luka, I think to myself as I just lay there, waiting for the sun to come up.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Now Luka

My vision returns to normal as I regain control back from my wolf. I must've been out for a while because the last time I was in control the sky was light blue and it was morning, now the sky is dark and I can see stars twinkling in the night sky. I turn and look over my shoulder and see Sophie's uncle, still running just a few steps behind me, at least nothing bad happened to him while I was out of it, I think to myself.

"Hey, how long was I out?" I slightly snarl.

"Oh. Not for long, only about twelve hours" He grumbles back to me.

Well dang it. I was out for longer then I originally thought I was, I think to myself as I turn my head back around and try to look around, but it's so dark that, even with my wolf's eyes all I can see are the tall, snow-covered pines as I speed right by them. I turn towards Liam. "So Teach, where do you think we are?" I grumble.

"Oh, I'll bet you'll figure that out for yourself in less than two seconds," and then in that same amount of time a scent enters my nose. A familiar scent, that of cedar wood, tea tree, and pine, this makes my tail wag slightly in happiness, and my eyes brighten slightly, this is the scent of the Emerald Stone Pack grounds. I'm home. I can't believe it after almost two full years of being away I am finally home. "Luka" Sophie's uncle growls, snapping me out of my daze. "Hold up a sec" He then grumbles, and we both come to a dead stop, coming up the trail that leads to the last pack border.

"What are we stopping for?" I ask with a slight cock of my head.

He then looks at me. "Simple, I just want to know if we're still being chased" Sophie's uncle replies turning his head back towards the other way. Both of us then go silent as we listen to the night air as it blows through the trees, suddenly we then hear the sounds of the growls and snarls of our pursuers as they slowly start to walk over towards us.

Liam quickly turns his head back around towards me. "Well, time to start running again" He lightly snarls, as he and I tear into a sprint once again.

My heart then starts to race even faster. Those two wolves are now trespassing onto Sophie's turf, regular UW's wouldn't stoop this low, so now we know that they will stop at nothing, any means to catch or maybe even kill us. Then as we both come around the final turn that leads up to the hill where I last saw Sophie, my eyes widen again and my heart skips a beat. Another sent hits my nose. Granted I'm still smelling the Emerald Stone Pack grounds but there's another sent mixed in with it, I take in another whiff to be sure. Mixed in with the woodsy, piney smell of the pack grounds is a lone scent, so fresh it couldn't have been there but a few hours, fresh vanilla. My heart leaps for joy, there's no doubt in my mind, Sophie's been here today.

"Sophie's been here, she's really been here" I whimper and then let out a long howl of happiness, then out from the corner of my eye I see Liam trying to connect the mind link to someone. "Who are you trying to link?" I ask as I turn towards him panting slightly.

"My wife" He replies back in a grumble.

"Do you mind if I link in? I want to hear this."

"No, I don't mind at all" He replies to me.

I then connect my end of the mind link to his. At first all I hear is silence, and then it connects to someone. "Hello" Aunt Sherry's voice rings out over the line, as crystal clear as ever.

"Sherry Honey, can you hear me?" He asks, there's a small moment of silence before her voice pipes up again.

"Liam. My Baby, is that you?" She asks him, her voice sounding full of happiness. Aunt Sherry then pauses and takes in a deep breath. "I didn't know you and Luka were coming home so soon. How is Luka? Is he doing okay? Did he finish his training? Oh I can't wait to tell Sophie, she will be so overjoyed that you two are back home" She says, her questions going on and on.

"Sherry, Baby, focus, this is an emergency return, not a planned one by any means" Liam says, snapping her out of her questions.

"What's going on, do you guys have something behind you?" Aunt Sherry asks, her voice suddenly turning serious.

"Unknown wolves" He replies.

"You're sure they are not rogues?" She asks him.

"I'm pretty sure they aren't, they don't smell like it" He replies back to her.

"Is Luka okay?" Aunt Sherry asks, her voice sounding fearful.

"Yes Aunt Sherry. I'm Alright, It's so good to hear your voice again" I say to her, cutting in on the conversation.

"Hi Luka. Same Here, how are you doing?" She asks me.

"I'm doing fine...Well considering we're running for our lives out here, I can say I'm doing okay" I reply.

"Cut the chatter Luka" Liam's voice cuts in. "Keep the line clear please."

"Sorry sir" I say, lowering my head slightly.

"Where are you located?" aunt Sherry asks her husband.

"The third border, towards the back of the house" He tells her.

There's a long moment of silence before Aunt Sherry's voice pipes up again. "Alright let Shelby and I go down and talk to Sophie and see what she wants to do about this" Sherry tells Liam.

"Yes, do that please" Liam tells his wife, then there's a slight pause. "Sherry listen to me for a second. Just in case something does happen to me in the next half hour or so there's something I must say to you, I love you Darling." He then adds. "Oh and give my love to Little Sophie and the pack as well."

"Thank you Darling, I love you too. Luka, is there anything you want me to tell Sophie for you?" She asks me.

"Tell her that I'm alright and that I'll be there soon" I reply to her, Liam then cuts the mind link, he then turns his head towards me.

"Why didn't you want her to tell Sophie you love her or something like that?" He asks.

"Because, I want to tell that to her personally when I see her again" I reply

"Oh, good call" Liam Grumbles.

I then look back and see that the distance between us and the two UW's has increased slightly too about seven feet, I can hear that they're breathing heavier than they were a while ago. I then look up at the bright moon glowing against the dark sky, as my paws carry me faster towards home and even closer towards her. Hang on SophieJane, I'm coming I think to myself.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Now Sophie

My ear twitches as a faint howl from outside reverberates against my eardrum I open my eyes, and sit up. It sounded like a howl of joy, boy I'm sure glad someone is enjoying themselves tonight, I think to myself, as I start to look around the dimly lit space of the bunker. My wolf self starts to stir from within me, as though begging to take control. Why did she start to stir? And why now, it had been a fairly calm night for the both of us until this point. Does this have anything to do with the howl I just heard only a few seconds before hand, and if so, for what reason? I think to myself as I stand up on all four of my paws.

I then start to pace around Luka's blanket as I begin to wonder. What could set my wolf off so suddenly? I ask myself. Maybe the pack is in trouble? I then shake my head. No, that wasn't Chris's alarm howl, besides, it was too far away for it to be his in the first place. Did someone new shift, was that their first howl in their wolf form? I shake my head again. No. It's not that ether, I didn't feel a new connection in the pack, I ponder as I continue to circle around the blanket at my feet. Boy I can tell you one thing that wolf has a nice set of pipes. I think to myself, then I stop.

Something pops into my mind. Not an idea but a memory, a memory that now I would rather forget.

Me talking to my aunt outside of the pack hospital.

Me hearing that same dreamy howl.

Me bolting off to try to save the boy I loved, right before he was kidnapped by Ace Summers.

My mouth then starts to go dry and it feels like my whole body's going numb as I just stand there in denial. My thoughts are now scrambling and racing throughout my mind as I then get a light tingling sensation in the pit of my stomach. It can't be, I think to myself as I start to pace around once more I can't believe that my greatest wish has really come true, but judging from the butterflies I just got in my stomach my doubt starts to lesson. I then take in a big breath of air, one huge sniff. Very faintly from outside I can smell the scent of fresh honey coming slowly towards the back of the house followed by the scent of my Uncle Liam, my tail then slowly starts to wag.

But that could only mean. Luka, he's... I'm snapped out of my thoughts by the sound of the door to the bunker being flung open quickly and hitting the step next to it, I turn my head to see my aunt and Shelby racing down the bunker steps.

"Sophie. Sophie. Sophie. My aunt says as they both come running towards me.

"What is it? I know this is urgent, you two wouldn't have come down here to talk to me on a full moon otherwise" I slightly snarl.

"Okay. Shelby and I have some good news and some not so good news, which do you want to hear first?" My aunt asks.

"The good" I yelp in a reply, I always take the good news first to help me prepare for the bad.

"Good news is, you're getting your wish tonight. Luka's coming back, he and your Uncle are now back home" My aunt tells me.

Suddenly I feel breathless, and light on my limbs, like I can't stand up. I then sit down on Luka's blanket, feeling slightly dizzy from the shock from what I've just heard. Once I'm sitting on my butt, my body starts to shake with happiness and my mouth slowly turns into a smile revealing my top row of teeth. I must be happy, even my tongue's hanging out. Then a warm heat fills my chest and then in less than a second the warm heat is replaced by a cold chill that runs down my spine, and my moment of happiness ends.

"What's the bad news?" I ask in a slight whimper.

"They're being chased by two unknown wolves, who are now trespassing and held tent on getting their paws on Luka, your uncle, or both" My aunt replies sounding worried, and why wouldn't she be.

My eyes then widen. "Are they okay?" I ask in a whimper slash snarl.

"Yes they are, for the time being at least. I just got off the mind link with your Uncle, he said that if he doesn't make it home alive, he sends his love to the both of us and to the pack as well" She replies, trying to get control of her emotions.

"Did Luka tell you anything?" I whimper.

"Yes. He wanted me to tell you that he's alright, and that he'll be here soon" She tells me, I then let out a sigh with a slight whine at the end. "Anyways. You're the boss, what do you want us to do Sophie?" She then asks, its times like this that I wish I wasn't the Alpha.

I stand back up and start to pace around the blanket, as I do I look down at the floor. It won't be that long until Luka and my Uncle are here so that means I have to come up with a plan quick, unlike most times it only takes me a few seconds to come up with a plan, it usually takes me a few minutes at the least. "From what I smelt only a few moments before you guys came down here, they're coming towards the back of the house, is that about right?" I ask in another snarl, a few moments ago I was in mate mode but now I'm in Alpha mode.

My aunt than nods. "Yes, that is correct, they're coming from the third border, near the back of the house" She replies.

Good that'll work for what I have in mind, I stop pacing and look back up towards the both of them. "Okay. You two listen up, this is what I want y'all to do. I want you two to go around to the back yard and turn off the invisible fence and open up the doors to the escape hatch that leads to the bunker so that Luka can jump in, and into safety. That should stop the unknown wolves in their tracks, if it doesn't then I'll deal with them, and no it won't be pretty" I tell both my Aunt and Shelby.

"Understood Sophie" My aunt says in an understanding tone.

My ear than twitches again as the faint sound of trees and bushes rustling outside in the distance becomes even stronger and stronger by the second. "There isn't much time, you two need to hurry up and get going. Go! Go! Go!" I growl and my aunt and Shelby turn around and head back up the stairs.

As the sound of growling and snarling starts to become more and more recognizable from outside, I then walk back over towards the entrance that leads down into the bunker. Luka. Just get you and my uncle home in one piece, that's all I'm asking you for. I think to myself as I stand by the tunnel entrance, and wait for the situation at hand to unfold.

========================================

To all of our new Emerald Shifters please be sure to keep reading, because we like to watch the numbers go up. Vote, because we love the support. Comment, so that you can give your opinion, and if you find any mistakes, feel free to let us know. Add it to your reading list and library, to stay updated. And share it, to get it out there, Bye guys

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8M 75.6K 73
Family problems were something Sasha had become accustomed to. An Alpha werewolf mate was something she was definitely not accustomed to. Sasha is a...
570K 13.2K 40
|HAS BEEN REWRITTEN| She was kind. He was heartless. She saw the good in everyone despite her past. He saw nothing but hatred for others because of...
16.3K 1K 28
After losing both her family and pack in a massive rouge attack, Elyse spends 3 long months on the run. While being chased, she has no other option b...
71.9K 3.5K 35
FOURTH BOOK OF "HIS ALPHA" SERIE, CAN BE READ AS A STAND ALONE, BUT CONTAIN SPOILERS AND MAY BE CONFUSING. I STRONGLY RECOMMEND TO READ THE FIRST BOO...