Other Side of the Tracks

由 PBBWriter

When Jax meets a woman who can finally hold his attention for more than one night will their differing backgr... 更多

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46

Chapter 15

4.3K 111 7
由 PBBWriter

Surprised by how lively the party already was when he arrived, Jax went right to the bar for a drink in an attempt to catch up. He felt a hand on his shoulder, running along his back and down his arm. Jax smiled and turned, expecting to see Julia, but instead Colette flashed him a toothy grin.

"So what do you think?" She looked around. "Impressed?"

Jax nodded, scanning the room, and when he looked forward again his drink was sitting on the bar. He tipped the bartender well and turned his attention back to Colette.

"I am, it looks great and there's a great turn out. Jules did a good job," he remarked nonchalantly.

"I planned most of it," Colette corrected him. "She's been busy but I that Charlie's got her handling the books she'll be here a lot."

Jax didn't let his surprise change his expression. He nodded along as she stroked his chest and arms and searched for someone to help break the dull conversation.

"I should have know if anyone could charm my girl it would be Handsome Jack." Appearing out of Jax's blind spot to his left Charlie gently, but with clear intentions, took Colette's hand from Jax and pulled her close. "Do you have your eye on my things?"

"Colette is all yours," he winked. "The girls did a good job, I have a feeling Diosa is going to do really well here."

"Of course it is," Charlie said smugly. "With my girls running the show it can't fail." He looked around the room, his eyes darting between guests and girls but Julia was nowhere in sight. "Speaking of my girls, I wonder where my niece is."

"Julia isn't here?" Jax was genuinely surprised.

Charlie eyed Jax. "You were late too."

"Shit with my son's mother," he held his hands up.

"I saw her earlier," Colette chimed in. "She said she was coming."

From the main staircase Julia strutted down, her ex following close behind, and Charlie smiled proudly as his plan unfolded perfectly.

"Must have been giving a tour," he chuckled.

Jax followed her down the steps with his eyes and through the crowd with increasing jealousy. Catching his stare she smiled, flirty yet subdued, and casually made her way to the bar.

"Uncle Charlie," Julia kissed his cheek. "Jax, how are you?"

"Good," he shook her hand. "You did a great job."

"Thank you," she beamed.

"Jax," Charlie interrupted, "This is Ryan, he's a fireman and paramedic up in Modesto."

"Hey man." Jax was confident and nonplussed as they shook hands. "Guess you're trying to keep it all in the family?"

"You have to," he said coolly. "Colette, why don't you check on everyone, make sure it's all running smoothly."

With a smile, Colette nodded and went to make the rounds while the others chatted.

"It was nice to see you," Julia uttered to Ryan. "Maybe we can catch up before the end of the night."

"Catch up now," Charlie said cheerfully.

"It's fine." Jax gestured back to where he'd seen Nero mingling. "You can play Matchmaker," he winked.

Julia watched as Jax left their tiny circle annoyed but she was happy to see he knew the game Charlie was playing. He took it in stride although his jealousy was burning in his chest.

"Nero," Jax smiled and offered him his hand. "Great turn out," he remarked.

"Better than I thought," he chuckled. "Who are we missing?"

"Few of my guys are taking care of some shit and Gemma is with Abel." Closely watching for some sort of reaction, Jax trickled a few more details into the conversation. "She's not going to be around much."

"No?" Nero seemed intrigued but not exactly upset. "I guess you'll enjoy that freedom," he smirked. Nero wasn't being spiteful or petty but the urge to take jabs was there and he gave into it.

"I'm not the one who has to worry about freedom," Jax sipped his drink. "She's got Clay on a pretty tight leash."

"Speaking of leashes," he gestured to Julia and Ryan, "He's got one on her." They both noticed how she smiled at him, the attraction was obvious, but neither knew she was missing Jax so desperately.

"Julia doesn't strike me as the type," Jax remarked. "She's too smart."

"I can't say I agree," Nero said ominously. "If she was smart she wouldn't be involved with you."

Jax tensed, his facade fading, and he placed his drink on the table. "I don't know why you're so worried about my dick."

"I'm not," he shrugged. "I'm in the business though. I like to bring people together, I'm all about the love but this is no good. I can see how badly this will end."

"You're a pimp, no matter what bullshit you peddle to make yourself feel better." Jax leaned in close. "I know what you're doing with my mom and I know what you're trying to do here. Stay away from my family and keep my name, and my girl's name, out of your mouth."

Nero stepped back. "Mano, I'm trying to keep the peace for everybody."

"No, you're not," he sneered.

"Hey." Julia saw the altercation and flitted across the room. It wasn't a big show but she knew both men well enough to see their heightened emotional states. "Guys, settle down. You don't want to ruin my party do you?"

Nero was first to back away, more in control of his rage than Jax had ever been, but with a few soothing words from Julia he soon followed suit.

"You don't know anything," Nero said quietly. "Neither of you have any idea what you're involved in, the danger you could stir up for all of us."

"I know everything I need to know, Nero," Jax seethed. "You're sneaking around with Gemma, you don't think that'll set Clay off? YOU don't know the shit you're mixing into, mano."

"Jax," Julia gripped his upper arm. "Relax. There's nothing to get upset about, it's all a rumor. Remember?"

"No one buys that," Nero warned.

"Get out of my face," Jax growled. "Now."

Julia looked at Nero, begging him silently with her eyes, and he backed away slowly. She finally exhaled a shaky breath and turned back to Jax. "Hey, it's just an abundance of caution, baby," she cooed. "Charlie doesn't know."

"He suspects," Jax whispered. "Why do you think that firefighter asshole is here?"

"I know why," she laughed. "He's been trying to make that happen for ages. We dated for about six months but he's too," she paused, "He's a guy like my dad, that cop, firefighter type, and he's clean."

"But he's cool with Charlie?" Jax asked, still angry but trying, for Julia, to settle himself.

"Yeah," she laughed. "Not saying he hasn't taken some money here and there to keep quiet about some stuff but it's not like I could go to him after Clemons and shit."

"I get it," he leaned in and whispered, "You look amazing."

She giggled, her cheeks flushing to match her dress, and thanked him. "You look good too, even if you didn't class it up at all."

"Classy as they come," he winked. "I just caught Alvarez by the bar."

Julia lit up. "Soon then?"

"That why you wore red?" He wriggled his eyebrows.

"Partially," she shrugged.

"Let me go talk to him," he squeezed her hand.

--

Julia milled about, chatting with the girls and Ryan, but avoided her uncle as best she could. She hated lying and the anxious feeling that crushed her when she was with Charlie. Seeing Jax head out the back exit she moved to follow but Charlie cut her off mid-step.

"You've been busy," he chuckled. "I'm very proud of you, Julia."

"Thank you," she beamed proudly. "I feel like I'm ready, like I've really finally come into my own."

"I do too," he hugged her. Julia couldn't help but feel uncomfortable in his embrace and it was such a stark difference from every other hug they'd shared. "About Ryan," he started.

"I'm not going to be with him just because you approve," she said firmly. "I know you think he's one of you guys but I will not mold my personal life to fit my business."

"My business," he corrected her. "This is still all mine."

"You know what I meant," she shook her head. "If you're so paranoid about me taking over why did you ever set t up this way?"

"I just want safeguards," he admitted. "Generally, I don't mind who you bring into the family and the business as long as he her trustworthy." He leaned in closer to her and lowered his voice. "But, If I find out you're involved with Teller, Julia, I will crush him and his club."

"I'm not," she spat bitterly. "Now I have something to handle." Pushing passed him Julia headed outback.

Jax was out of breath, his chest heaving, and sweat coated his face as he hovered over Esai. For a moment Julia was actually monumentally turned on by the sight of Jax beating on Esai.

"You started without me," she remarked.

"Sorry, darlin'." He stood up straight, raking his hair out of his face, and extended his arm out toward Esai. "He's all yours."

"Alvarez," Julia nodded. He stood back in the darkness painfully watching his son accept the punishment they had agreed upon. "I just want one hit."

"I didn't touch his nose," Jax chuckled.

Taking her clutch he watched as she pulled her hair back and glared at Esai. With one hand, Jax yanked Esai to sit up the stepped away for Julia to have her shot. She was small, almost lanky except for her short stature, but her arms were toned and Jax was almost sure he could hear Esai's nose crack upon impact. He fell back, blood seeping from his nose, and Julia stepped back with a smile on her face.

"That felt good," she whispered. "Fucker," she spat at his feet.

"Go on," Alvarez said coolly. "I think that was enough."

"It wasn't," Jax shook his head. "Watch your VP, Alvarez. Next time I'm not gonna accept less."

As Jax headed for the door he pulled Julia along with him. They waited by the door, sharing a passionate kiss, before making their way back to the party.

"I'm gonna sneak up the back steps to my office and come down the front. Less suspicious."

"You have an office?" He drew his head back. "Oh yeah, bookkeeping. What's that about?"

"He's being an ass," she scoffed. "Whatever. It'll keep me out of the bakery and away from him." She closed her eyes and opened her mouth to tell him about the threat but Jax was too eager.

"I never did get the full tour," Jax flashed her a flirty grin. "Let's see that office."

She grabbed his hand, still feeling the excitement and arousal that hit her watching him fight, and led him to her office. It wasn't elaborate by any means but it was a good size with a selection of expensive liquors as well as plush carpets, a rich leather sofa and a oversized desk.

Shutting the door behind them Jax locked the bolt, one she'd gotten specifically for his visits, and helped her with her jacket. He tossed it haphazardly on the couch and hung his cut on the back of her chair.

"We still have to talk," she said apologetically. "Charlie said if we ever hook up or if he finds out we're together he's going to crush you and the club."

Jax's nostrils flared as she spoke, her voice wavering out of fear, and he shook his head. "I'm not scared of that old man. Just means we have to push him out sooner than he wants. He'll retire and then he can't do shit."

"I guess not," she shrugged. "It wouldn't really matter at that point, he wouldn't be involved. Mute point, as they say."

"Exactly," he smiled and stepped behind her. "Then we'll run all of SanWa."

"I like that." She giggled as he kissed her neck. "Can you imagine?"

"I can," he mumbled. "We'll protect each other." As he unzipped her dress his lips moved slowly down her spine sending shivers through her body.

"On the desk," she suggested.

"Yes ma'am." He chuckled into her skin as her dress fell to her feet.

Jax pulled his shirt over his head as she glided over and sat on the still empty desk. His fingers made quick work of his belt and by the time he joined her he was in nothing but his boxers. She whimpered as he laid her back gently, his lips moving along her jaw.

Floors below them Charlie watched from the row of monitors he had installed in a closet off the liquor stockroom. He had suspicions but still could hardly believe she would betray him so easily.

"You better pick the right side, princess."

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

17K 308 21
This is a Jax Teller solo story (#2) it will be where the oc girl and he are stepbrother and sister. ( IF YOU THINK IT'S DISGUSTING DONT READ IT. ) ...
26.5K 779 10
Sometimes relationships head into unknown waters. After facing many tribulations in their relationship, Jax Teller doesn't know how to tread back to...
175K 3.5K 37
SAMCRO. Jax Teller fanfic. Audree Hamilton and Jax Teller have had an on and off again relationship. After a late night hook up Audree skipped town...
121K 3.1K 39
Coming back to town proves to be eye opening for Katie Feldstein. After years away, Katie returns to her summer home to visit family and meets a whol...