Let Me Be the One to Save You

By jumunji

"What do you want?" I glared at the blonde boy. "To see if you're okay" He mumbled, looking straight into my... More

Let me be the one to save you
Chapter one - I'm Grace, you are?
Chapter two - Little lonely Gracie Jones.
Chapter 3 - cliche bad boy is actually a girl
Chapter 4 - Maybe Lola and I aren't so different
Chapter 5 -Sex drugs and an annoying stalker
Chapter 6 - Hanging out with 5sos
Chapter 7 - Trips to the hospital are dramatic and..slightly awkward?
Chapter 8 - Realising the real Lola
Chapter 9 - Sleepovers, whineyness and dress shopping ha!
Chapter 10 - pre-party shopping
Chapter 11 - Weird roof obsessions
Chapter 12 - Lola's POV
Chapter 13 - Fright Night, nutella, and quite a lot of surprises
Chapter 14 - Party, swimming and forgiving
Chapter 15 - By the way, there's a gig tonight
Chapter 16 - Concert
Chapter 17 - Voices
Chapter 18 -K-K-Kissing
Chapter 19 - Questions, answers..Confessions?
Chapter 20 - Explanations
Chapter 21 - Dating
Chapter 23 - Awkward thoughts
Chapter 24 - Custody
Chapter 25 - Late arrivals
Chapter 27 -Court
Chapter 28 - Home alone
Chapter 29 - beach trip early
Chapter 30 - Beach fun
Chapter 31 - Confession
Chapter 32 - Explain it to me
Chapter 33 - Tension in the band
Chapter 34 - More confusion
Chapter 35 - One day
Chapter 36 - meeting Sally
Chapter 37 - VANS Warped Tour - Sorry what?
Chapter 38 - First time
Chapter 39 - Hotels, Maccas, hills.
Chapter 40 - road trips I suppose
Chapter 41 - Happy Birthday
chapter 42 - Date night
Chapter 43 - Exercise machines my ass
Chapter 44 - Cally dates
Chapter 45 - Goodbye you
Chapter 46 - Move with me
Authors Note
Chapter 47 - But you hate shopping
Chapter 48 - We want this
Chapter 49 - Arguments
Chapter 50 -Airport? I wish we were at the Arrivals
Chapter 51 - 2 weeks
Chapter 52 - March 23rd
Chapter 53 - April 17th
Chapter 54 - May 14th
Chapter 55 - The end or the beginning?
Authors note!

Chapter 22 - Schooling

100K 1.8K 937
By jumunji

A couple of days passed on from the night Ashton and I got together. Stella and Jason were home, so it was back to the normal routine. Well almost. I still wasn't going to school. To be completely honest, I was scared. After missing so much, and being so close to the exams, I didn't have the courage to go. 

Plus Ashton wasn't helping. Every day he'd be here. Lately it's been from like twelve in the afternoon to about nine at night, which probably sounds like a really clingy relationship right? Well suprisingly it isn't. Even though he's here, he doesn't want to do anything other than talk or watch movies. 

Don't get me wrong, theres the odd make out sessions we have, but they weren't intense. More gentle, really. I was expecting our friendship to change a lot since the night we made it offical, but it honestly hasn't. Not much, anyway. We still act the same around eachother. 

"Grace can I talk to you for a sec?" I heard Stella yell from the botton of the stairs. 

"Coming!" I called. Ashton groaned as I removed his hand from my waist and paused She's the man on my laptop. "I'll be back" I told him, before walking out of my room and down the stairs. Stella, Jordan and Jason were all sitting at the table silently, as if waiting for me. 

I feel like I've just walked into an interrogation. 

"Uh" I coughed out as I sat down, "What's up?"

Stella took in a deep breath and looked away from her twiddling thumbs, "Grace, Jordan has told us that you haven't been going to school the last couple of weeks" she stated, staring directly into my eyes, as if she's looking for something in my eyes. I shifted my gaze over to Jordan who looked sympathetic, but I could see it in her eyes she was enjoying this. "Is this true?" She asked me.

I looked back at Stella and nodded slowly. Before I could explain myself, Jason cut in and said quietly "This Ashton..Is he...Is he stopping you from going? I know he's nineteen and well, We can't stop you from seeing him but maybe if h -"

"No," I shook my head violently, "He isn't stopping me from going to school" I scoffed, "He has nothing to do with it" Kinda 

"Then why?" Stella cut in, "Is it the kids? Are they being mean? Because I can ge-"

"No," I said again, "The kids are fine. I've made friends and I don't need you to get involved in it alright? I just don't want to go. There's no point, if I've missed more than half of my education throughout life. I don't see myself coping through the exams that are coming up" I blurted out. 

"Is that what this is about?" Stella asked.

I stood up from the chair I was sitting in and brushed the hair out of my face, "Is that all you needed to talk to me for? Because I have someone waiting upstairs for me and I'd rather be up there with him instead of talking about my school problems" I told them. I waited for Stella to nod before I quickly ran back upstairs.

Ashton was typing something on my laptop, which got me incredibly suspicious. 

"What are you doing?" I asked him. I laughed when he jumped a few inches off the bed and grabbed his chest. 

"You scared me!" He chuckled, "I was just updating the facebook page" He told me. I nodded slowly and crawled into the warm bed next to him. "What was that all about? I heard you say my name, but I chose to stay up here" he laughed, "I don't think that Jason guy likes me much" He pointed out

I rolled my eyes and scoffed. "He doesn't not like you...He just doesn't like your age" I laughed.

It's true, though. The first time I brought Ashton back to the house to introduce to Stella and Jason and anyone else willing to listen -While Stella was happy for me- Jason went all father on him. I mean, it was awkward considering he's only been my father by law for a couple of months, but Ashton didn't seem to mind. 

Anyway, when Ashton told him his age, he practically handed Ashton a death certificate and made it perfectly clear that he was going to be the one to call the cops on him if he ever tried to do any funny business with me until I'm 18 at least. 

I -Being me- pointed out that having sex was legal for both of us because in New South Wales, the legal age was sixteen. Jason then automatically assumed that Ashton and I had already done the deed which was completely awkward for every single person in the room at the time. So to get out of it, I told them that everytime I moved to a new state, I got told the rules -That being one of them. 

So it's safe to say, Jason does not like Ashtons age. 

"I noticed" He chuckled.

"They just wanted to know why I haven't been going to school" I shrugged, crossing my legs so I was facing my boyfriend. 

"Wait, you've been missing school?" He asked, also sitting up. "I thought you were on school holidays or something" He told me. I shook my head and started picking at my nails. "Why aren't you doing to school, babe?" He whispered. I shivered when his cold hand touched my arm as he called me babe. 

I shrugged again, "I don't know. I don't like it. I don't understand it. I missed so much school beween being with my real parents, and even when I got out of there, I still missed more because of the amount of time I was in hospital" 

"Ah," He said quietly as he lied down, both of his arms going behind his head, "Exams are here, aren't they?" He asked me. I nodded and lied down next to him, putting my head just below his armpit. "Why don't you get tutoring? You know the basics don't you? Reading, writing, spelling, Multiplying, dividing.."

"Yeah" I stated. 

"Then it shouldn't be too hard to catch up. What grade are you in?" He asked

"Eleven" I mumbled. 

He put in arm over my shoulder and grabbed my hand that was resting on my stomach, "You don't have to work for an OP score yet, that's grade twelve," He stated, "So these exams won't matter as much as you might think. You have an entire year to work for that, and you still don't need to go for it if you don't want to. You can do things in different ways, babe" He told me. 

I never really thought about that. All this time I've been worrying that I was going to fail school completely, but even if I do get a low OP score next year, I could still find a different way of getting where I want to be. 

"What do you want to do when you leave school?" He asked me. 

I shrugged, "You want the dream, or the expectation?" I asked him.

"Both" He stated. I rolled over so I was lying on my stomach, making sure that I was in a position to see his face.

"My expectation has always been something easy, something to do with music, you know? Something I know a lot about" I told him, frowning at the thought of spending the rest of my life working with music. I mean, I love music, but I don't think I could do it as a job. Music is a hobby to me, I don't want to ruin it.

"Like singing?" He asked me.

"I can't sing" I laughed, "But no. I mean like being a journalist and basing my life around the music sort of things" I stated. 

He nodded in understanding, "And the dream?"

I blushed and looked down at his dark red shirt "Nursing" I stated. 

His eyes lit up in surprise, which got me all nervous and uncomfortable inside. He's probably judging me right now. Probably thinking I could never get that far in life even if I tried. I knew it was impossible considering my lack of knowledge on everything. 

'It's stupid" I mumbled, "I know it's not going to happen, I just..-"

"It will happen" He stated, "I mean, It can happen. If you try hard enough, it can happen. You just need to try. If you put all the effort in, in the next year, you can do this" He stated. "You just need to believe in yourself" 

"But how?" I asked him. "You need an incredibly high OP to get into that sort of thing, and with my lack of knowledge, I can't see it happening" I sighed. 

"You need an incredibly high OP to become a doctor. yes, you still need a pretty good one, but it's possible for you"

"Says the drummer" I smirked. He chuckled and gently pushed me, so I rolled off his firm, but warm chest.

"So are you gonna go to school?"

"I guess" 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi guys! So as you've noticed -This is a filler chapter. Infact, the next few chapters will be fillers because I'm trying to spread out the moments between the huge drama! 

Yes, that mean something huge is about to happen ;)

MY CONCERT  IS IN 20 FUCKING DAYS GUYS. IM SEEING THEM LIVE IN 20 DAYS. IM CRYING. 

If anyone is going to the Sydney One Direction concert on the 23rd inbox me and we can catch up or something!!!!!!  I've painted 5SOS a picture so hopefully I'll get the chance to give it to them :)

Anyway, comment your favourite 5SOS song!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.1K 460 24
You are Luke Hemmings from 5 seconds of summer. You have band mates named Calum Hood, Michael Clifford and Ashton Irwin. You are the bands bitch. You...
6.4K 909 27
A care-free father and a dead mother never really affected 17-years old Sidney. Why would they? Her dad finally gave her permission to move to Austra...
777K 13.1K 38
Summer has finally arrived and Taylor can't wait to leave her boring town and go to her beach house. She's been going for years and, although nothing...
5.3K 116 18
Hi. My names Luke. I am the usual kid at school, except for the fact that I am gay. I am open about it and everyone knows, sure I get bullied for it...