When She Speaks (Rewritting s...

By Dream_Catcher18

Star hasn't spoken a word in more then two years. After her father passes a way, she stops speaking. She's a... More

When she Speaks: ( *)
Chapter Two- (*)
Quick Question.... (Sorry)
Chapter Three- (*)
Chapter Four- The Cold Shoulder
Never Been Kissed: Chapter Five*MINI UPDATE!
Please Come out
~Mini Update~ Chapter Seven
Chapter Seven- Part two
Chapter Seven- Part three
Chapter 8- Sad Days...
Chapter nine-
Chapter Ten- When She Speaks
Chapter 11- **Mini Update**
Not Again- Chapter 1 2
Chapter 13- The Nightmares
Chapter 14- Getting Help
Chapter 15- Amanda & James
Sucide Letter- Chapter 16
Chapter Seventeen- Mini Update**
Chapter 18-
Chapter nineteen-
News about When She Speaks; updates, spoilers, questions answered ect.
Chapter twenty- Just a Number
Chapter 21-
Chapter 22- Paintings
Scream: Chapter 23
Chapter 24- JAMES P.OV (FIRST PERSON)
Chapter 26-James p.o.v.
Chapter 27- MINI UPDATE
Ch. 28- James
Chapter 29-
Chapter thirty- James P.O.V.
Chapter 31- MINI update
ch. 31- James p.o.v.
Trust

Chapter 25-

23.6K 604 44
By Dream_Catcher18

a/n: eh, I don't particulary like this chapter. I might rewrite this chapter later. :) I've been busy, so sorry for the wait! Up next is Jame's p.o.v. and it should be posted by tomorrow.  Thanks for reading! oxoxoxo Remember to fan if you want chapter dedications!

Chapter 25-

I don't know how long I was in the white room. Hannah tells me that it has been days since we've seen each other. She tells me that a new patient has entered the ward.

"He's dangerous. He's been transferred to ward 8th which is saved for the worst cases." Hannah says.

What did he do? I don't really care but I need a distraction.

"I don't know but I will find out soon." She promises.

Hannah is on a mission to find out the new patient. But, sometimes it's better not to know everything.

"There he is!" Hannah says. She points to a boy. The boy has white hair and violet eyes.

He walks through the room with a strange air of confidence,like he is visiting an old home. I have never seen anyone who wasn't afraid of this place. Hannah leans across the table to get a closer look at the boy.

"He's beautiful, isn't he?" She says.

The boy smiles in our direction before he disappears down the hall.

If he's dangerous, shouldn't you stay away from him? I sign my thoughts with her. Hannah is quick to dismiss my thoughts.

"Star, I use to follow all of the rules. Because I know that are cameras watching me, following me wherever I go. I never broke a rule because I believed that I was going to get out of this place. I waited so long, so long to be able to get out of here and see my family. I would love to be to see my mother again or my baby brother. But, I realized that my dream was never coming true. So, I don't follow the rooms anymore. " Hannah says.

You're on your own, Hannah.

"You're not going to help me?" Hannah asks.

Not this time, I sign to her.

"Think of how much fun it will. We will go on our own adventure to find the truth." She says.

I don't need to find out what kind of monster he is.

Hannah is in her own little world and it's impossible to break through her walls. I finish my lunch and walk back to my cell. Sleep consumes me.

The next morning, the nurses wake me. The nurses have figured that Hannah and I have been throwing our pills in the trash. So now, the nurse crushes the pills and injects the medication into my blood.

"How are you feeling? Are you feeling okay?" The nurse asks.

I nod.

The medication makes me very drowsy.

And, I feel like a ghost trapped in an unfamiliar body. The worst part is not what the medication does to my body.

The worst part is what the medication does to my mind. I feel like my mind has been taken over.

My thoughts are slower and my reasoning skills are weak. I feel like I'm a zombie wandering through halls, trying to grasp onto a string.

But, I'm slipping away. I wake up in the middle of the night from nightmares. I see James face. He is so close that I can feel his face beneath my fingers.

I can feel his arms around me. Sometimes, it takes me hours to realize that I'm hallucinating. Then my world falls apart again and I succumb to the darkness

. I've never had visions before. The nurse gives me a gentle smile.

It;s a forced smile that stretches across her lips. Her face is ready to break and reveal the truth.

I wondered what it is like to inject children with medication and watch people talk to themselves all day. Why would someone force himself or herself to endure that kind of a torture?

The nurse leads me down the hallway and I cover my ears to drown out the rest of the patient's screams.

She leads me into the cafeteria. Residents are running back and forth. Some residents are flinging off their clothes and running across the halls.

Nurses are running across the hospital and doing their best to catch the misbehaved residents. Other residents talk to themselves as they rock themselves back and forth like a small abused child

 I wonder if the residents were crazy to begin with or if this institution has turned them crazy. I wonder if I'll end up like the rest of the residents.

I wonder if I'll sit in the corner and rock myself to the point of madness. I walk to an empty table and sit down.

I glance around the cafeteria but I don't see Hannah. I don't want to think about where she is.

"Do you mind if I sit here?" A voice asks.

I shrug.

I look up to see the same boy from yesterday. The same boy that Hannah is obsessed with.

I can feel his gaze penetrating into my skin.

"How long have you been here?" He asks.

His voice is calm and soothing.

His strange eyes seem to be glowing under the florescent lights.

Too long, I sign.

I don't expect him to understand.

But he smiles.

"I've only been here for a day. But it already feels like a year has passed." He says.

How did you end up here? My question lingers in the air. 

That is when he places his hand over mine. His fingers trace over the lines on my palm. Electricity shoots through my veins.

It's been a long time since anyone has touched me like that.

"Now, I can't give all my secrets at once. I might consider telling you if you tell me how you end up here." He says.

I'm crazy. Just like the rest of the residents

"I don't think you are." He says.

I think that if I tell him that he might leave.

I tried to kill myself, I sign.

"Well, I don't blame you. I'd rather slit my own wrists then be here." He says.

Humor flashes in his eyes.

I am missing somethin?

 I shrug.

It's like trading one hell for another hell, I sign.

"Why did you say that? What was your life like before?" He asks.

You're asking too many questions. Besides, I can't give away all of my secrets.

"You stole my line."  He says.

I did, I sign. He leans in closer.

"I'll see you, around." He says.

In a flash, he's disappeared down the hall.

When I look up, I see Hannah standing in the corner of the cafeteria.

I see the venom in her eyes and I can't figure out why she's angry. She tucks a black notebook under her arm and marches over to the table.

Her feet pound against the ground.

The sound echoes off the walls.

But as she comes closer and closer, the sound begins to ring into my ears

. She slams her notebook down on the table and looks me dead in the eye.

"I thought you were my friend." She says.

Her voice is shaking with every syllable. What are you talking about?

"I think you know exactly what I'm talking about. I told you that I saw him first but you couldn't let me have him. You had to take him for yourself." She says.

Hannah, I don't think you understand. He just came over here to talk. I have no interest in him, I sign.

"I think your lying. I think you've been plotting to steal him all along." Hannah says.

You're paranoid, I sign to her.

Hannah can't be consoled. She disappears in the dark. I think Hannah must be crazy if she thinks I would jeopardize our friendship over a guy. I sink low into my chair. It doesn't matter if Hannah is crazy or not. She is made up her mind and she has decided that she hates me. And, I think I just lost my best friend.

Now, I'm alone again.

Continue Reading