PiiXIE Dust Magazine: Issue 4

By PiiXieDustMagazine

Happy Halloween!!! In this issue and only in this issue is all Halloween themed articles, we cover everything... More

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
Monthly form and coupon
Poll answers from issue 3
Polls
Ask pixie
What's trendy
Sneakpeaks
Sports
Yummy recipes
Crafts
Undiscovered gems
Talking nerdy
News reports
Fashion 101
Top music
Poem of the month
Amazing quotes
Books monthly
Authors monthly
Popular games
Co-writers connect
How to survive
Dos and don'ts
Teen talk
Bloody Mary
Contests and prizes
Movies
Advice
Hottest fandoms
Famous editors
Best cast
Truly honest critiques
Beauty guru
Publishing
Hair professor
Hottest gossip
Witchcraft
Writing tips
Embarassing story
Conplaints/Compliments/Hiring form

Writing workshop

119 6 3
By PiiXieDustMagazine

A number of people have asked me to help them create novels, but I don't have the time to help everyone individually, so instead I've created some workshops. I hope they help. If you don't like this technique that's ok, ignore me and go do your own thing - do whatever works for you.

The idea for a novel can start with a character, story idea, a concept, a question, a what if? Or a story world. We will start with the plot, because we have to start somewhere. If you have already started with another element of the story don't worry, all these workshops are interchangeable and can be done in any order.

The primary function of a fiction writer is to tell a story. At the very minimum you need a three line plot. This consists of • A Premise - what is the story about. • A Complication - what difficulties do the characters have to overcome. • A Climax - how does the story end.

Without complications, objections, and hurdles for your characters to overcome, your story will fall flat, because all stories are about how humans overcome conflict. In fact, the more difficult you make it for your characters the more interesting your story will become.

Try sketching out simple, three line, plots: a premise, a complication, and a climax. The more you practice plot writing the easier it becomes, and sooner or later you are going to hit on that original plot that you cannot get out of your head and which turns into your next novel.

Let me know how you get on and please share any questions, ideas or techniques.

Nick.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.5M 297K 23
Alexander Vintalli is one of the most ruthless mafias of America. His name is feared all over America. The way people fear him and the way he has his...
Riptide By V

Teen Fiction

322K 8.2K 116
In which Delphi Reynolds, daughter of Ryan Reynolds, decides to start acting again. ACHEIVEMENTS: #2- Walker (1000+ stories) #1- Scobell (53 stories)...
52.9M 1.3M 70
after a prank gone terribly wrong, hayden jones is sent across country to caldwell academy, a school for the bitchy, the dangerous and the rebellious...
90.4M 2.9M 134
He was so close, his breath hit my lips. His eyes darted from my eyes to my lips. I stared intently, awaiting his next move. His lips fell near my ea...