Ambience ~ n.m.

By honeycrispcringe

"You feel no remorse do you? You don't feel remorse for the people you've hurt, the people you've killed. The... More

1; It Begins
2; I Tell You Time and Time Again
3; In The Middle of Nowhere
4; A Spectacular End
5; The Slayer
6; What Do We Fight For?
7; Mother Dearest
8; The Fake Original Ball
9; Chains Are Never Comfortable
10; The Shattered Girl
11; Trust Is Something Earned
12; A Heart of Darkness
13; Do Not Be Gentle
14; Before It Happened
15; The Departed
16; Growing Together
17; Remember The Hell
19; Tell This Life Goodbye
20; The Welcome Committee
21; Days Like This
22; Tell Me That It Isn't True
23; Negotiated Freedom
24; Caught In The Spider's Web
25; Go To Sleep
26; Ten Pounds Of Shit
27; Poison Tastes Sweet
28; Blast From The Past
29; The Pain Won't Stop
30; Just Cremate Them Already
31; Floods Rush In
32; The Center Of My Soul
33; Recovery For The Broken
34; Daycare From Hell
35; Homicide Is Never An Answer
36; Fjörgyn
37; Sand On Bourbon Street
38; Uneasy Possibilities
39; A Closer Walk To Thee
40; The War
41; Binkies And Coffins
42; Bruises Over Wounds
43; Paradise For A Time
Blood Draws Blood
The Family Feeling
Chasing A Demon
The Day Of
The Tranquility Of Eden
Burn The Surrender's Flag
The Damned Dress In A Veil Of Blood
The Devil Catches Fire
Goodnight, I Love You
A/N Voting
We All Needed You
Soul Dealer
Crown Of Bones
Prying Open Dead Eyes
Voting (again)!
WE WON - tag games - eclipse stuff
The Water That Drowns Us
The Sea Of Lost Souls
I Hold With Those Who Favor Fire
Hanging The Moon Over Our Heads
Is It Hell Or The Wild Side?
Easy Mistakes
Who's This Chick Again?
Savior
Ghosts Of The Past
Wild Hearts
Slaughtered Angels
Heart Shaped Coffins
The Weapon Named from Desire
a/n : hiatus - vacation - school
Possible Q&A?
Important Author's Note

18; Hydro-Powered Hunter

14.4K 357 104
By honeycrispcringe

'Mess Is Mine' by Vance Joy

"When you think of love, do you think of pain? 

You can tell me what you see? 

I will choose what I believe."

I sat on Klaus's bed watching Netflix on my computer and eating pretzels. "You're getting crumbs all over the bed," Klaus states with a sigh as he walked in the room.

"Not really," I mutter, munching slowly with a content look at the screen.

"What are you watching?" he asks, sitting on the bed beside me, his fingers fiddling with my hair.

"Some superhero show. Honestly, it's not that amusing to me anymore," I sigh, shutting my laptop and rolling over on my back. I moved my head into his lap and looked up at him with a smile on my face. "I thought you were at the Grill."

"I was, but I decided to come home," Klaus smiles lightly, his hand playing with my hair.

"Good, because Connor is tied up downstairs," I tell at him.

"I forgot that you can feel everything, love," Klaus states, kissing my cheek and moved so he could kiss my neck.

"What? You didn't expect me to notice two hybrids dragging him kicking and screaming?" I ask, ignoring his pitiful attempts to distract me.

"Listen, I want to know his motive-" Klaus starts as he begins to look in my eyes.

"So does everyone else," I scoff, looking away from him.

"Harper, please-" Klaus sighs.

"What? Calm down?" I ask. Klaus sighs.

"What is your point, Harper?" Klaus asks.

"If he's going to be kidnapped, we're doing it my way. We're not treating him like an animal," I scold, a frown plastered onto my face.

"Oh, well, that's just fantastic because every time he's unbound he attempts to assassinate everyone," Klaus told me.

"Fine, keep him bound, but don't hurt him," I demand.

"Fine, Fine," Klaus smiled and kissed me softly. I smiled and placed my hand on his cheek, and he looked up from the kiss to look into my eyes"I haven't told you that I loved you yet," he told me.

"Klaus, honestly, you don't-" I start.

"I do love you," Klaus smiled.

Klaus smiled widely at me and kissed the tip of my nose. Wow. I was actually shocked that he said it back. "Harper?" Klaus asks me. I smile and wrap my arms around his neck.

"The feeling's mutual then?" I ask.

"Of course it is," Klaus hums.

I hum back and softly peck his lips. "So what does this make us?" I ask.

"Well, when two people love each other-" Klaus starts and I laugh.

"Oh, shut it, smart-ass," I giggle.

"Then we date," Klaus suggested with a small smile.

"Then we date," I recite with a whisper. He kissed me more intently then the times before and I sigh with bliss. I moved my hands through his hair and down his chest. Klaus pulled away.

"As much as I want to do that right now, I invited a few people over for dinner. That including my sister," Klaus told me.

"No-. All I want to do is be here with you," I groan.

"So do I. But we have a hunter all tied up downstairs and we want to make him as comfortable as possible, don't we?" Klaus smirked.

"Gah, they're here," I groan louder and hear the door slam. Klaus picked me up and sped me downstairs. He set me down in a chair at the dining room table, Stefan was across from me.

I threw a glare at Klaus as he sat down. I really didn't want to do this today or for a week. Rebekah sat to the right of me, at the head of the table. "This seems oh so familiar," I sigh as I grab a fork off the table. I remembered the dinner with the Mikaelson brothers and the Salvatore brothers and how well that went.

I shook my head as I stabbed at my food.

"It's so nice having all of us together," Klaus smirked sarcastically.

"Right. The guy that I like on my left, his sister's killer on my right, and my sister's ex across from me. Not weird at all," I raise my eyebrows and look around the table.

"No need to be bitter, love," Klaus winks, and I roll my eyes.

"Rebekah, love, eat your veggies," Klaus teases.

"I'm not eating until you apologize," Rebekah huffs.

"For which indiscretion? There have been so many," Klaus chuckles.

"You broke my neck," Rebekah states.

"You threw away Elena's blood so I can't make anymore hybrids," Klaus retorts.

"Because you took me for granted!" Rebekah exclaims.

"That's what big brothers do, sweetheart!" Klaus defends.

"Let me just name the million other people I'd rather be having dinner with right now," Stefan interjects.

"Hm, maybe a good squirrel. Right, Stef?" I joke, resulting a glare from Stefan.

"Alright, fine. I'm sorry. I often forget how delicate you are. Forgive me?" Klaus 'apologizes" to his sister.

"I'll take it under consideration," Rebekah glares.

"Okay, good. Now, why don't you tell me about Rebekah's hunter?" Stefan asks Klaus.

"Right. Alexander. Nice chap, forgoing the obvious issues. He was looking for creatures of the night, which is why we felt quite safe around him wearing our daylight rings," Klaus explains.

"So, that's what this is about? A weapon?" Stefan asks.

"Not just any weapon," Rebekah sneers like the word 'weapon' was an insult.

"Rebekah, love, don't get ahead of the story," Klaus demands.

"How is a weapon the answer to all my prayers?" Stefan asks again. "Okay. Why don't we just skip with theatrics and get tight to the point?" Stefan asks.

"Not quite yet. Because in order to find this weapon, we need to solve the puzzle, which seems to have disappeared," Klaus hints.

"What puzzle?" Stefan asks.

"The tattoo," I realize. I felt a new echo enter the house. My brother being shoved into the house by a hybrid. My head snaps toward Klaus with a bad look on my face.

"What is it?" Stefan asks.

"A map. Leading us to its treasure." Klaus smiles.

"Fat lot of good a tattoos going to do if we can't see it," Rebekah snaps.

"We can't, but someone else can. Why don't you tell the hybrid to bring him in, love?" Klaus tells the server. "You see, the hunter was so eager to get to get to the bottom of his mystery tattoos that he mentioned there was only one other person who can see them," Klaus smirks.

The hybrid shoved Jeremy through the door. I stood up abruptly, causing my chair to fall back. The hybrid's neck snapped to the right, causing him to fall to the floor. Did I do that? I grabbed my little brother in a hug. Stefan sped to us, but Klaus was faster.

"I wouldn't. Lucky for us, young Jeremy here is a bit of an artist," Klaus smirks.

"He is not helping you with anything" I sneer.

"I'm afraid he is, love," Klaus quickly grabs Jeremy's hand and pulls off his ring.

Klaus grabs Jeremy by the arm and brings him to the hunter. Klaus comes out of the room and I grab him by his shirt, shoving him into a wall. "You're fucking dick," I hiss.

"Oh, come on, love. Nothing will happen to him," Klaus assures me.

"If that were true, you would've told me," I hiss.

"Love, we need him. He's going to draw the tattoo, and then-" I cut him off.

"Then, ask me to handle my family. If you hurt him, let alone touch a hair on his head, I will-" I began.

"-Hurt me. I know," Klaus told me with a small smile.

"Such a child," I scoff, letting him go and turning around.

Klaus caught my wrist and spun me back to him. His lips met mine and soon they were gone. "I'm sorry. I give you my word that I won't kill him," Klaus told me.

"Thank you," I sigh. I leave him arms and go inside the room that held my brother and the hunter.

"You set me up at the hospital," Connor states to Jeremy.

"Wasn't he supposed to? I mean, if someone threatens family you beat the shit out of that someone," I open, the attention coming to me.

"You were trying to hurt people who were important to me," Jeremy sighs.

"Important to you? That vampire just threatened to kill you. I don't understand how you could see the tattoo if you're a sympathizer," Connor ignored me.

"Klaus won't hurt him. He'd like to, but he won't. Also, 'sympathizer'? That's a little over the top, isn't it?" I huff.

"You're that vampire. Elena, right?" Connor hisses.

"I'm Harper, Elena and Jeremy's big sister. What I am is none of your concern," I smile. I turn to Jeremy, and sigh. "Come get me when you're done," I tell Jeremy, glaring at the hunter.

"Okay, see you then," Jeremy tells me before I walk out of the room.

I sigh and settle myself in the armchair in front of the doorway. I looked at my phone, texting Elena for about ten minutes. Telling her about Jeremy and the entire situation and how it was under control.

She didn't like that very much, but she can't do much about it.

That's what you get when you decide a random trip to a college to meet a creepy professor and feed on humans all day long. I looked up from my phone when I felt Klaus coming fast down the hall to the room. I followed him into the 'torture' room.

Klaus looked over Jeremy's shoulder to look at the drawing. "Nice lines," he compliments. "Now, if you could just hurry it up a little bit," Klaus said, making me roll my eyes. Jeremy stood up.

"I'm done."

Klaus snatched the sketch book from his hand. "What is this?" Klaus asks.

"It's the tattoo," Jeremy states.

Klaus spun on his heel and grabbed Jeremy by the throat. "I've seen the tattoo, you repugnant punk. There's more to it," Klaus growled.

I grabbed Klaus by the back of his shirt and pulled him back from my brother. My fist took a large handful of his shirt and I shoved him into a wall. My eyes were burning with rage. "What the hell happened to our deal, love?" I growl.

"I said I wouldn't kill him, I never said I wouldn't hurt him," Klaus hisss, taking my wrist in his hand, being gentle not to hurt me. I shook my head and went over to Jeremy to see if he was okay.

"That's all of it," Jeremy pants, holding his throat. "He said every time he kills a vampire, it spreads," Jeremy told us.

"Nate! Keep this one alive at all costs," Klaus pointed to Conner. I grabbed Jeremy by the arm and pulled him to the front door. "Harper!" Klaus called after me.

"Jer, go to the car. I'll be there in a minute," I order, tossing him the keys. I turned around and looked at Klaus. "What?" I hiss.

"I'm sorry," he apologized.

"That's fucking rich. Are you sorry? You manipulate, you threaten, you hurt and kill, and not once do I cross your mind. Even though you don't hurt me, you hurt my family. I won't tolerate it," I scoff.

"The reason I haven't killed him a long time ago is because of you. Believe it or not, love, I think of you every single time I threaten your friends. We needed the information, admit it," Klaus told me.

"We do? Connor is just a hunter. The only thing I care about is if he's going to hurt anyone that I care about. Not some stupid tattoo," I shake my head. "Do you even care about me? It seems like you're just using me as leverage," I hiss.

"Harper, I love you more than anything. I would never mean to hurt you," Klaus sighs.

"Then act like it," I sneer before opening the door and slamming it behind me.

Jeremy didn't speak the entire time when I was driving to our house. I pulled to the curb and put the car in park. Sighing, I look at Jeremy, who was staring at me with confusion.

"You should have never been brought into this," I shake my head.

"Harper, there's no way that I couldn't have been brought into this. As long as I have the Gilbert name, I'm a target," Jeremy tells me.

"None of us should have been brought into this. When did our lives get so fucked to the point of Elena dating and becoming a vampire, you being everyone's leverage, and me being kidnapped by the most powerful creature on earth, but then falling for him like some freak," I shake my head. "This isn't right. The second Klaus brought you into this, I should've beat the shit out of him," I hiss.

"He's an Original, you couldn't possibly get that close," Jeremy sighs.

"I don't know what I'm capable of, Jer. I beat the shit out of Kol and either Klaus was holding back on me or I literally shoved him into a wall," I chuckle at the thought.

"Let's go," Jeremy sighs before opening the car door and getting out. I follow his actions and leave the car. I quickly go to the mailbox and open it. I skimmed through the letters till I stopped and found one addressed to me.

I quickly made my way after Jeremy and sit him down on the couch. "What's going on?" he asked.

"I got a letter," I state, sitting next to him, setting the letter on the coffee table.

He raises an eyebrow and grabbed the letter, looking at the return address. "Oh my God, Harper. Are you kidding?" Jeremy asked. I shook my head. "Open it!" Jeremy exclaimed excitedly.

"Wait," I set it down again, and stay quiet. "What if I got accepted?" I ask.

"Then you get to ditch out on this town, Harper." Jeremy tells me.

"I won't-can't just leave you and Elena to this mess. I couldn't do this," I tell him.

"This is your life, Harper. You graduated high school a while ago. You deserve this. Deserve a way out," Jeremy told me. We stayed quiet again, looking at the letter.

"You know, I applied after Alaric tried to- you know. I wanted out," I confess.

"But?"

"But I shouldn't run away from my problems. I shouldn't leave the people I love to deal with a war," I tell him.

"You aren't running away, you're moving forward. Who knows, something crazy might follow you," Jeremy smiles. "You'll never know if you got accepted or not if you don't open it," Jeremy told me. I sighed and picked up the letter. I quickly tore open the envelope, trying not to feel regret over this decision. I took out the paper inside and unfolded it.

Congratulations, Harper Gilbert! You have been accepted into The University of New Orleans!.

I drop the letter on the table and look at Jeremy with tears in my eyes. "I got accepted," I stated. "I'm going," I say again as my arms wrap around his shoulders, tears in my eyes.

"Congratulations, Harper. You deserve it."

I felt like I was running away.

___________

Updated 1-21-18

Questions?

Does Klaus find out about Harper going to college?

When does she leave?

Vote

Comment

Share

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

236K 7.1K 20
THE VAMPIRE DIARIES 'You dagger Elijah, then Rebekah, and you undagger the man that used to beat his child senseless so that he can finally kil...
73.7K 1.9K 45
Jessica Gilbert was normal.... if you looked past the fact that she was a tribrid but that was easy since only a handful of people knew. Her life cha...
360K 7K 124
⚠️{Completed but, This Book is being Edited!!!}⚠️ We all know the story of Katherine Pierce, but do you wanna know the story of Madalina Petrova? Ma...
215K 6.7K 38
Despite knowing what she was in for, she made a choice to help the Crescent Wolf Pack, believing that it could bring the prosperity and peace they'd...