Mr. Carter

By _veerose_

Averey Adams has never had a proper family to grow up with. Her mother died when she was born and her father... More

My Butt is Too Big
Mr. Carter
Texts From The Boss
Lunch With The Boss
You're My Date. Remember That.
Roses
Something Important?
This Needs To Stop
I'm Done.
Very Entertaining
The Meeting
I'm Up For It
Club Night
Best Night Ever
I Don't Want To Go Too Fast
The Next Morning
Interrogation
Beach Day
Disrespect
Both Hurt In The End
Get. Her. Back.
Unexpected Surprise
Welcome Back To My World
Back To Normal
Hit Me Like A Wrecking Ball
So Can He
I Can't Stop
WTF!
Everything Else Didn't Matter
Afters With A Carter
'Needs' To See Miss. Adams
Love The Most, Hurt The Most
Burden On You
Amusement Park with Arthur
I Wasn't Fine
I'm Not Sure I Want To Find Out
Just Turned Serious
Answers
We Are Coming
Please Stay Alive
Message Revealed
I'm Ready
Well Look It Here
Really Hates You
The Big Reveal
Until She Gets Her Revenge
It's Finished
Never Gonna Give You Up
Epilogue

You'll Know Why

90.5K 3.1K 282
By _veerose_

Austin's POV

I woke up feeling anxious about the dinner I had planned tonight with my family and Averey. I didn't tell my family about Averey yet. And Averey thinks they know she's coming.

I told Averey that everything would be okay but I'm not sure it will. My family, especially the females, are very picky and specific about which girls I could date and the ones I can't.

I hope they are nice to her and approve of her because I really do care about her. Who am I kidding I'm in love with her! I'm scared to admit it though. She's my first love.

She's so different from all the girls I'm used to dating and when I'm bored leaving. You know the rich model types that are stuck up and not so bright in the head. Averey is like a breath of fresh air, refreshing.

Whenever I think of her I smile. I wish I could of stayed with her the night but I had to prepare everything for the dinner. Thinking of her brought an idea to mind I should send her new roses since the ones she has at her apartment are dead. Yet she still hasn't thrown them out. My heart fluttered thinking of the possibilities of why she kept them. Though the thought of Averey meeting my family keeps coming to mind. I straight up lied to her that they would treat her as family. But I know for a fact that they won't when they find out she's not rich and that she's my personal assistant.

There was more than one reason why I uninvited her last weekend. First, because she didn't want to be with me and secondly I was afraid of what my family would think of her or do for that matter. I slammed my hand on the wall. What did you do Austin?

Averey's POV

I woke up this morning happier than ever. I'm actually excited for tonight. Finally I get to be apart of a huge family.

Tea sounded pretty good at the moment. While sipping my tea I was wondering what I should wear this evening. Should I go formal or casual but still acceptable? I laughed to myself. I'm a mess.

I texted Austin:

Hey so for tonight what should I wear? Something formal or casual? I'm at a loss. XOXO
-Averey A.

Definitely formal my family doesn't do casual.
-Austin C.

Thanks for the heads up. XOXO
-Averey A.

I waited for a reply but got nothing. Hmmm. He's probably just busy. I decided to go out and buy something "formal".

On my way out a familiar man with a familiar bouquet came towards me. Another bouquet of roses. I'm seriously the luckiest girl in the world. I thanked the delivery man and replaced my dead roses with the new ones. I read the card attached to the roses:

I noticed that your roses needed to be replaced. Come to my house at 7:00. I will text you my address. XOXO
Mr. Carter

I laughed at the Mr. Carter part. I got in my car and soon enough I got a text from Austin regarding the address.

I arrived at a little shop that sales formal dresses. I was surprisingly greeted with sweetness by an older blonde lady.

"Welcome to Murray's how can I help you?"

"Uh yeah I need a formal dress."

"Like cocktail or..."

"You know what just pass me dresses that you think would look good on me."

"Just what I love to hear." She smiled at me and was obviously excited for this.

I must've tried on about 30 dresses and still couldn't decide what to wear. Since I pretty much gave up I decided to go with a boring black dress. I like dark colors so this one was best out of all. I guess.

After thanking and leaving Murray's I decided to go get something to eat. Something light since I didn't want to look huge in my dress.

After eating my salad from a organic restaurant I decided that the dress was too plain so I needed a chunky silver necklace. I noticed a jewelry store on the way to the restaurant so I stopped there. The store was ahhhmaaazzing. I could shop there for hours. After browsing the whole store I finally decided to go with a pretty diamond necklace. Obviously fake but still pretty.

Oh yeah I'm totally ready for this night. I noticed that it was going to be 5 pretty soon so I'd better get home and start getting ready.

When I arrived home I got in the shower and took my time to shave my legs, moisturize my entire body and shampoo and condition my hair to theee absolute best I could. When I got out I decided to curl my hair and put it in a messy bun with a few braids. I pinned everything back.

I put on my dress and necklace and looked at myself in the mirror. I looked pretty good if I say so myself. I put my tall black heels on and red lipstick. I am ready.

I got in my car and put Austin's address in the GPS. I then put my music on and drove. I put on Firestone by Kygo ft. Conrad Sewell.

When I got closer to Austin's house I got a bad feeling in my gut and it kept on getting worse and worse. I told myself to relax it's just nerves.

I arrived at Austin's house but the gate was closed. I was then confronted by security.

"Name?" They asked.

"Averey Adams." Is he serious with all this security?

"Let her in!" The security who asked for my name yelled.

"Okay."

I drove up and noticed the huge house that was in front of me followed by a line of expensive cars. He really does love window wall since they are in his office and house.

I got off my car and started walking up the steps that led to the huge house. As I was walking up a female voice startled me.

"Sorry I didn't mean to scare you."

"Oh it's fine I was more surprised than scared."

"Whatever you say. Hey who are you anyways?" This girl looked to be about my age who was very attractive to say the least. She was leaning against one of the expensive cars.

"Oh I'm Averey Adams, Austin's girlfriend." Her eyebrows shot up in what I think was surprise.

"Austin never said anything about a girlfriend. I'm his sister Tori by the way." I took the hand she offered but I was too distracted about what she just said. He never told his family about me. So what was I supposed to be? A surprise?!

"It's very nice to meet you." I said in my sweetest voice. Still shocked.

"You're probably wondering what I'm doing out here so I'll just tell you. I hate my family and don't want to deal with them right now so can you just chill with me while a smoke a cigarette?" I hesitated. "I'll take the blame for keeping you out."

"Okay I'll stay."

"My family doesn't know I smoke so we'll have to keep it our little secret. Kay?"

I laughed. "Of course." I noticed that she did look like Austin from the nose up. She was wearing a short black dress like me. I like her sense of style already.

"You know you're not what I am supposed to expect."

"What do you mean 'supposed'?"

"Nothing forget I said anything." She noticed my confusion. "It's just I know you're different and that's why I like you even though I only met you like five minutes ago." She finished her smoke and popped a gum in her mouth. "Let's go shall we." She locked her arm and my arm together. We walked up the steps and entered the door.

"You'll know why I hate my family by the end of the night."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

298K 5.7K 53
Mea Savanna, strong, caring and bold. Dropping out of college wasn't in her to do list but after her mother's death; everything went down hell. She d...
8.9K 424 38
Savannah Marshall was a kind loving person who would do anything for anyone. But when the one person she wished never to see again begs her in the mi...
523K 24.7K 48
What happens when the mafia boss, Miguel Lobos's assistant overhears a conversation that puts a target on her back by Miguel's heartless frenemy?? Mi...
10.7M 74.9K 22
(Sample. Watch out for the official book release on January 31, 2015!) The women in Brianne Montgomery's family have a curse. And she isn't going t...