Pen Pal Project [Alex Gaskart...

By TigerChick_

Fifteen year old Charlia has to do a class project. The project? Correspond to a pen pal. Thinking that it wo... More

Pen Pal Project
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One

Chapter Seven

4.5K 122 45
By TigerChick_

January 24th

Everything was happening at once. It was like a dream, yet the smile that Alex kept giving me was telling me that this was far from a dream.

When Rian and Jack came back from the interview, Zack attempted to teach me to skateboard whilst the other three tried so hard to distract me. Jake opted to just watch and laugh at my failed attempts.

By the time that they had to get ready for meet and greet, I'd gotten the hang of it, so I offered to skate across the floor to the sound desk with wires for Evan and Jeff.

Which led me to this moment.

I was skateboarding across the venue, two wires hung on my shoulders. I manouvered through fans, some giving me dirty looks, others cheering me on.

It was only when I was pulled off the Skateboard did I finally realise who one of the 'fans' was. Ellie Moore, the new 'bitch' for lack of a better word in my year.

I really didn't want this right now.

"So what are you doing here, you orphan?" I rolled my eyes.

"Helping out, what does it look like?"

"Really? See, I thought you were earning your keep as they kicked you out of the home, for not being wanted." Ouch. I refused to show that the comment had struck a nerve.

"Keep wishing there, Ellie. Now if you'll excuse me." I made an attempt to move and she gripped my shoulder, preventing me from moving further. I cast a frantic look around and the guys were dealing with fans and Evan was distracting Jake.

"I'll keep wishing that you were dead." She hissed and I froze. "No one gives a damn about you. Even that older kid is more interested in the tech stuff than you. How about you do us all a favour, and go jump off a bridge."At this, I glared at the girl, wrenching my shoulder from her grip.

"Change my last statement to keep dreaming. Grow the fuck up." I sneered at her before picking up the skateboard and taking the wires over to Evan.

"Is that it?" I questioned.

"Yep. Meet and Greet should be over soon as well." Evan commented and I took off like a bullet.

I didn't even look at the guys as I headed for the dressing room, anger bubbling up inside of me as my chest tightened.

I reached the dressing room before slamming the door shut and throwing myself onto one of the couches face down. Finally letting out the scream of frustration.

I refused to move from that spot. No one had come into the dressing room yet, so I was content to just lie face down and ignore the world.

But I knew that my peace wouldn't last long.

The door opened and I felt someone lie on my back. The musky scent told me that it was Alex and I held back the sigh.

"So I noticed that you were talking to one of the chicks from the meet and greet. Do you know her?"

"In a sense."

"What's that supposed to mean?" I hesitated. "Charlia." His tone was one of warning, so I simply sighed.

"She's one of the people bullying me." I muttered and the next thing I knew, I was still lay on the couch, but Alex had shifted us and turned me around. I guess being short and light worked to his advantage of moving me around.

My face was against his chest and I refused to look at him, scared that if I did, I'd start to cry.

"Hey kiddo. Look at me." His fingers hooked under my chin and he gently pulled my face up so I had no option but to look at him. "Is that why you just left?" I simply nodded and I pressed my lips together to stop the tears.

"She reminded me of why I'm not wanted." I muttered and instantly, his arms grew tighter around my waist. It was weird, but to have someone care so much felt so surreal and amazing.

I felt loved.

"She's wrong. I want you. Not in a fucked up way, you're too young." At this, I laughed. "No, I see you as a mini me almost. Sassy and strong. I care about you, Charlia. Why do you think I convinced Rosie to let you stay on the tour for the weekend?" I shrugged my shoulders.

"Because you feel you have to?"

"Why should I though? Hell, if today hadn't been your birthday, I'd still have begged and pleaded to have you join the tour for the weekend." I felt shocked. He didn't feel obliged to do this, yet he wanted to.

"I feel like I'm in a dream. And I'm just going to wake up in the shitty home once more and-" Alex cut me off by covering my mouth with his hand. So I licked it.

"Ew, Charlia!" He protested, but didn't pull his hand away from my mouth. I pouted and he just smirked. "I can feel the pout against my hand. Quit it before I tickle you." At this, I rolled away from him, forgetting that the couch was barely big enough for the both of us.

So I landed flat on my back.

I was staring at the cieling in shock and Alex's face came into view, looking concenred. Then it was like the sound switched on and his concerned voice filtered through my ears.

But I just started laughing, causing him to look at me weirdly before realising that I was fine, so he started laughing as well.

Once I was sat up, Matt came into the dressing room.

"C'mon Alex, show in twenty. And Charlia, you're welcome to come with."

"Duh, it's my birthday." I retorted and Alex snorted in laughter as Matt sighed.

"You two are too alike, it's actually scary." Both of us looked at each other before grinning and following Matt out to the back where the guys were waiting.

Listening to the venue chant for the guys, it was amazing. I was so chilled out and Jake had found me a block to sit on, my legs dangling as I danced to the songs being played before the guys went onstage.

It was certainly a show for me to remember

Before the last song though, Alex made me die from embarrassment.

"So, there's someone who I met today and I found out that it's their birthday. So, Happy birthday Charlia, you're a rockin' person." He turned to me, giving me the thumbs up before kicking off into Dear Maria, Count Me In.

Jake was laughing at my red cheeks and Danny teased me, causing me to stick my tongue out at him.

The guys came off stage and I high fived them all as they went off to get showered. Matt got us out of the venue where I said goodbye to Jake, clinging onto him like a miniature monkey before he kissed my forehead.

"I'll see you Sunday evening. I'm taking you into school on Monday." At this, I grinned and kissed his cheek before he disappeared.

Matt ushered me onto the bus after that and I was stuck waiting in the quiet bus.

I could hear the squeals outside, and I didn't really know how to react. I kept ridgid in my spot as I listened out. I didn't know what to do and I was starting to feel awkward and bored.

Only when did the bus door open, my head shot up and I watched as Danny, then Jeff, then Vinny all got on and I sighed.

"Yo' Charles?" I looked over to Danny who grinned at me.

"What d'ya want fuckface?" I teased and the other two started laughing.

"Call of Duty? Fifa?"

"Mario?" At this, he high fived me and I followed the three of them into the back lounge, settling myself on the corner of the couch and Danny handed me a controller.

"Bring it, bitch." He teased and I mock scowled at him as the race started.

By the time the guys were on the bus, I was dancing in victory whilst Danny was shaking his head in defeat.

"A girl beat you, man?" Jack questioned.

"At... Mario!" Vinny gasped between his laughter, and this triggered off even more laughter whilst the guys high fived me.

Once we were all settled into general chatter, Jack and Rian took this oportunity to grill me about my life, because Alex had never once said too much about me.

And I respected him for that.

"Favourite colour?"

"Purple, or maybe red."

"Favourite sport?"

"Don't like sport in general."

"Any brothers or sisters?"

"Not that I know about."

"How long have you been living at the orphanage?"

"Jack!" Alex protested and I just smiled.

"It's alright. I've been there as long as I can remember. I don't really know who my parents are and I don't want to know. I'm currently in the process of stopping my dad from contacting me or trying to take me out of the home."

"What do you see Alex as?" Neither expected that question from Rian. We shared a look and I grinned at him.

"He's a role model. He supported me through the crap last year, he offers advice, be it good or bad, and he makes me feel like I've got something to live for." I shrugged. Glimpsing at Alex, I could tell this wasn't what he was expecting and I hid my smile at how his cheeks turned pink, which he quickly masked by getting up and going to the bathroom.

Zack didn't miss this either.

Eventually, Matt called for the bus call. It seemed that we were going to be driving to the next destination tonight, I settled in the back lounge on the couch and Alex was lay on the other one.

"So, how come you're in here?"

"Well, I have come questions myself, but also I don't want to leave you alone tonight. Is that too much to ask for?" At this, I grinned and shook my head.

Some girls who are older than me would have found the gesture cute and something that their boyfriends would say. I simply found it amusing yet flattered that he cared so much about me.

"So, questions?"

"Yeah, what you said earlier about me... Was it true?"

"About the fact that you've acted like a better dad to me than my own father?" I slapped my hand over my mouth as soon as I just realised what I had said.

I didn't want him to know that. It seemed that my brain filter had stopped working.

"Seriously?" There was no point in denying it now. So I simply nodded my head.

The grin that broke across his face melted my heart. He genuinely cared about me.

"Say kiddo, shall we go get some pizza tomorrow for lunch?"

"Sure, but can we bring the guys as well?"

"But of course. Who doesn't love pizza?"

"Weird people."

charlia sees alex as a dad and alex sees charlia as a daughter end of

this one is dedicated to LovelyAllTimeLow because she is an absolute sweetheart and she's supported me a lot and made me smile a lot.

vote & comment!

peace, love n tiger stuff xo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

93 14 15
Lavender Rodrido She was abandoned by her parents at birth with nothing but her first name. She got her last name from the family who adopted her. Th...
744 54 12
Alex is a fifteen year old boy who had the worst luck in life. He'd witnessed his parents deaths, he was bounced from foster home to foster home, but...
6.4K 212 7
Short story #1 of reunion series It's a love story of two which started in thier teens and ended when they become adults But is it truly the end...
124 28 24
/dɪˈlɪəriəm/ /dɪˈlɪriəm/ [uncountable] a mental state where somebody becomes excited and not able to think or speak clearly, usually because of illne...