The Fertility Mark (Book 1)

By grizzie-grey

NOT EDITED VERSION. Delilah got a huge responsibility on her shoulders at the age of 17 when her parents die... More

Authors Note
Sheldon
Ice Cream
Dandelions
Stranger Danger
Maeve
Aunt Georgina
"Werewolf" Movie
Stalker Mate
Unnoticed Acceptance
Cursed Mate
House Rules
Alaska
Dimitri
Mark
Mad Mate
Secret Closet
New Mate
Millennium Honey Boo
Female Guards
Bloody Message
Unexpected Things
Mall Confession
Locked Mate
Guardian Chickens
Vampire Queen
Surprise Powers
Maximus Speaks
The Matthews
Royal Months
Declarations
Vampire Hunters
Mate Maeve
Wrong Move?
Blobs
Eveline Anya
Victoria Secret's Secret
Bloody Lips
Reunited
Alex's Daughter
Double Spy
Home at Last
The Ugly Truth
The Plans
The Date
Wedding Crashers
The Births
Death
Surprise Surprise
Epilogue
Sequel News

Maid-of-honor

34K 1.2K 64
By grizzie-grey

Today, the day Quinn had to go back and report to Dimitri came by so fast, no one had planned on what she was going to say. Our lives had gone back to normal -well sort of. Before, I could walk around freely (well as free as possible) but now I HAD to have a guard near me every second if Alex wasn't around. It got annoying at the beginning, but I knew it was for my own good and for the protection of the future Royal children.

"What should I say? WHAT should I say?? WHAT SHOULD I SAY???" Quinn shrieked as she hopped back and forth in her heels. Daniel tried to massage her back to calm her down a bit, but with her moving every two seconds, it was next to impossible.

"Breathe," Alex exclaimed, exaggerating a breath and Quinn repeated with a quick inhale. I felt him squeeze my waist for a few seconds before he loosened his hold. "And relax. You'll do fine..... I hope. Just make sure you're not thinking about the betrayal and you should be good."

"Oh you shouldn't have hoped. Oh god he's here!" Everyone tensed and growled at the same time she poofed away. Alex's grip only got tighter around me as his eyes scanned our surroundings and I just patted his hand.

"He isn't here."

"And how would you know that?"

I shrugged slightly. "This is just a theory I have come up with so don't believe it. I always get a tingly feeling near my mark when Dimitri -and it only works with him- is around. The last few times he was near, I would always get that feeling right before he would appear. I'm not feeling that right now so I'm just guessing he is no where near us. I think she was talking about Reece."

"And who's Reece?" Daniel spat out, crossing his arms. Alex growled and Daniel immediately bared his neck in apology.

"Alex stop it!" I lightly slapped his arm and then looked back at Daniel. "He is one of the vampires with a gift. He can practically "teleport" anyone or even a group anywhere he wants. I don't know how it works, but he can take me right now if he wants to."

Alex snarled, wrapped his arms even tighter around me and even Daniel frowned. I was surprised Dimitri hadn't even tried that by this time. Maybe it only worked if I was near a vampire.....

"I don't like this. I'm taking you back inside," Alex worriedly growled and took me back inside the palace without another word. He took me straight to the kitchen and I smiled when I saw Ali sitting in one of the stools.

"What are you eating there?"

She jumped slightly and then smiled before she hopped off and gave me a hug. We still hadn't finished talking about our parents. The conversation I had tried having with her that first day was quickly ignored, changed a forgotten each time it was mentioned. By the fourth time I had tried talking to her about it, I gave up and just let the subject drop. She better not say I never tried.....

"A sundae. Want one?"

I eyed the chocolate treat and raised an eyebrow as she grinned at me. "Isn't a little too early to be having ice cream right now?"

She shrugged and sat back down before taking another bite. "Too late now. Besides, I couldn't wait until tonight. There are way too many hours left for it to be dinner time."

I rolled my eyes and laughed before I stole the spoon from her hand and took a couple of bites. She just wiggled her eyebrows and I flicked her nose before I turned back around to chef Alex.

"What are we having for lunch?" I asked as I watched him plate two plates with rice, beans and something covered in sauce.

He shrugged. "I think they are enchiladas. Not sure though. One of the pack members brought them over for us and from what my nose is telling me, they are good."

I took a deep breath and my mouth immediately began to water at the scent of the spices. My eyes were so focused on the plate that I didn't even notice Alex placing me in his lap and then scooting forward before he handed me my set of silverware. His laughter brought me out of my daze and then that's when I realized we were in his office.

"How did I get here?"

He laughed again. "You followed the plate. I think you left a trail of drool behind you by the way." I smacked him and he just laughed even harder. I just stabbed my food with a pout and ate silently as he ate and worked around me. With the dirty dishes on another desk, I watched him focus on the paperwork and phone calls he made as I sprawled around lazily in the couch. His growls and sighs of annoyance made me curious on what he was talking about, and when I did ask, he just shook his head and said, "Dumb decisions. I swear the problems were never this stupid back a hundred years. Oh how I wish times were like that sometimes...."

I always kept on forgetting that he was like 10 centuries older than me -well everyone. He never cease to surprise me all over again whenever he would mention his age.

I didn't even realize the time had crawled by until my stomach began to growl again while I was sitting with a few pieces of papers around me. Couldn't hurt to help huh? Alex looked up apologetically from the phone and I shook my head before I stood up. 'Do you want something?' He shook his head and I sent him a kiss before I walked out with a guard in tow. I was barely walking in front of the door when it quickly opened and in walked Daniel and Quinn.

"Oh my I completely forgot about your meeting! How did it go?"

Daniel just kept his arms around her the entire time as she just sighed and tiredly held herself to her mate. "I just got back."

"You what?" I gasped. My stomach growled again and she shook her head slightly as her eyes closed for a second before she shook her head again.

"I'll tell you guys tomorrow. I just need to feed and rest. And you go do the same." Her doctor mode came out as she pointed to the kitchen door. I frowned slightly as she waited patiently and sighed.

"Fine. But you will tell us."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah." Daniel picked her up bridal style and began to walk up the stairs by the time I was stepping into the kitchen. Thoughts of what Dimitri had done to her were cut short at the smell of meat. My stomach growled even louder and I blushed when everyone turned to stare at me.

"Someone is hungry after all that exercise huh?" William smirked with a wink and everyone laughed. I grabbed a handful of fries from a random plate and threw them at him as I stomped my foot.

"We were doing paperwork!"

"Is that what these kids call it these days?" He sweetly replied as another round of laughter echoed throughout the room. I stubbornly grabbed the second untouched burger from his plate and took a bite out of it before I placed it back on his plate. Stupid werewolf age. Alex might be the only one who would live forever, but werewolves lasted a little more than two times the humans life span. All the men in the room were already halfway there while the ladies were just reaching it.

"That. Was. My. Burger. You. Just. Ate."

I shrugged as I grabbed it again and took another bite. He began to growl, but it was cut short when Mags hit his head and scowled at him. "Don't you growl at her! She's eating for three so she can take whatever food she wants! Plus if Alex ever hears you growl at her he will have your head!"

He pouted and looked at the sandwich in my hand. "But that was a special one. I was saving it for the end."

I grinned as she rolled her eyes and smacked him again. "We'll make yourself another one dummy. It's not that hard to walk ten steps to prepare another one." He stomped away as he mumbled out incoherent words and she sighed. She quickly looked down at her plate and added, "Ooh and make me one as well."

"Me too!"

"Same here!"

"Same!" Everyone else chirped and he just stared at them in disbelief. Mags looked at me with a grin and wiggled her eyebrows.

"How about you? Do you want another one."

I nodded eagerly as I stuffed my face and I heard him groan. "What? Am I the cook now?"

"Yes. Now hurry up! I'm still hungry!" Mags snapped and he turned around with a big pout.

"Where are the kids?" I asked anyone who was listening once my mouth was empty. I hadn't seen Alice since this morning.....

"They ate and passed out." April responded back and I nodded. After I finished the last bite, I quickly made my way to the pantry next to the fridge and grabbed my vitamin. I had stopped taking them for a couple of days, and I had had a complete panic attack when I had told Quinn and Rebecca -the pack doctor. They assured me everything was fine, but warned me that I should really keep track of them. If not, the babies would drain me from everything that they needed and when it would be time for birth, I would not make it.

We were all in the middle of our meal when Mags cleared her throat and looked at me. "Delilah. You know I'm getting married right?" I nodded my head as I chewed and she continued. "And I know you're pregnant so please take this into consideration when it comes time for the dresses."

"What is it?"

She took a deep breath, grabbed my hand and then looked at me. "I know your my queen, but you are also my friend. Yes, I also know you will have to stand besides Alex because of your royalty status, but I will be honored if you will be my maid-of-honor."

All the women shrieked in delight while the men just continued stuffing their faces as I stared at her in shock. "You what?" I managed to whisper.

"You? My wedding? Maid-of-honor? These losers over here are my bridesmaids since this morning and you're the only one left. Ali already agreed to be the flower girl and Tommy is the ring bearer so what do you say? Yes or yes?"

I laughed and shook my head. "So I don't have another choice?"

She giggled and pulled me into a hug as she shook her head as well. "Not really."

"Have you started on anything?"

She bit her lip and shook her head for the second time. My mouth dropped in a gasp and she blushed. "I know! I know! It's just that... With everything that has happened...." She trailed off but I understood.

"Well ladies, tomorrow bright and early we will have to start with everything. William, get your credit card ready because this will be one expensive wedding."

All the girls shrieked again while William just groaned and the men laughed at his terrified expression. Too excited to even finish eating, I ran out the kitchen and went back into the office.

"Guess what?" I gasped as soon as he looked up from his computer.

"Daniel already informed me about Quinn. So yes, we will talk to her tomorrow but what is it?"

"I'm Mags maid-of-honor!" I squealed and he smiled. "Gah I've never planned a wedding before so I hope I don't mess this up!"

He stood up after clicking a few keys on the keyboard and hugged me. "Well at least you will have an idea of what you want for when you marry me."

I froze. What did he say?

"For.... When... I... Huh?"

He smiled down at me and shrugged as he caressed my face while he walked backwards. "For when you marry me. It's bound to happen in the future."

I blinked rapidly and closed my opened mouth. "But we haven't even gone on a date! You basically just barged into my life and bam! Here I am, pregnant with your kids."

He softly laughed as he pulled my shirt over my head and dropped it on the floor. He quickly disappeared into the closet and came back out in those sexy pajama pants and one of his shirts in hand. "Do you need help there?"

I shook my head and shrugged out of my pants after I had shrugged on his shirt. After picking up my scattered shirt and placing everything in the dirty pile, I jumped into bed as he kneeled down besides it and took my hand.

"So you want to go on a date before you marry me?"

I bit my lip and shrugged. "I mean well yeah..... You never even asked me to be your girlfriend."

"My mark claims you as mine so technically you're already my girlfriend."

"Yeah but I don't remember ever getting it. I'm still human Alex. I grew up around these things....."

He squeezed my hands slightly and nodded. "Alright. Tomorrow night, I'll take you out."

"That wasn't very romantic," I laughed and he shook his head as he smiled. His green eyes stopped and stared into my own and then with a clear voice, he lovingly asked.

"I know the steps are out of order and I should have probably done this at the beginning instead of stalking you."

"You think?" I giggled, interrupting him and he shook his head again as he held back a smile.

"Will you go out with me Delilah?"

So the party was yesterday. (Eating leftover cake at the moment ✌🏼️) Had a blast! Cried, laughed, had a small panic attack when I heard my dad had had a car crash on his way to the party (he's ok btw) and then cried in pain as my brand new shoes dug into my feet, leaving nasty blisters. 😭😫😫😫 My niece looked like a princess in her pink ball gown and crown. When she danced with her daddy, there was not a single dry eye in the crowd!!

I literally wrote this in the last hour. So if it sucks, I apologize! I'll try to update again today since its been about a week since I've updated. But starting from tomorrow, everything will be back to normal!

I have a question though. When I edit this -I WILL edit it,- do you guys want me to leave this version up and then duplicate everything in a BETTER version so it will be a story of about 100 chapters (you will be able to see both unedited and edited versions of the book).... OR take it down and then post it back up as I finish editing it. I don't know what to do..... 😖

Comment. Vote. Love. Keep an eye on the next update!!!

Thanks!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 41.6K 49
Liam was actually excited to find his mate. It would be nice to have someone to help him with pack business. Keeping the borders safe and punishing r...
Markie By RuHu

Werewolf

1.2K 92 9
All werewolves have mates. So what happens when you fall for someone before you're 18... "Hopefully hes my mate" is all Markie can think as she waits...
105K 2.4K 30
I been wanting a mate since I was 15 but I have to wait till i'm 17. That's when I find my mate. I turned 17 and finally found my mate. Then somethin...
5.2K 175 26
Soraya didn't know Werewolves existed. She didn't believe in the existence of any Supernatural beings. That was until the day she had ran away from h...