Forced | cake au ✓

By imagineuphoria

[ Ranked #1 - Cake ] [ Ranked # 10 - CalumHood ] [ Ranked #98 - 5sos ] Calum Hood: Lead singer and bassist of... More

Chapter ONE
Chapter TWO
Chapter THREE
Chapter FOUR
Chapter FIVE
Chapter SIX
Chapter SEVEN
Chapter EIGHT
Chapter NINE
Chapter TEN
Chapter ELEVEN
Chapter THIRTEEN
Chapter FOURTEEN
Chapter FIFTEEN
Chapter SIXTEEN
Chapter SEVENTEEN
Chapter EIGHTEEN
Chapter NINETEEN
Chapter TWENTY
Chapter TWENTY-ONE
Chapter TWENTY-TWO
Chapter TWENTY-THREE
Chapter TWENTY-FOUR
Chapter TWENTY-FIVE
Chapter TWENTY-SIX
Chapter TWENTY-SEVEN
Chapter TWENTY-EIGHT
Chapter TWENTY-NINE
Chapter THIRTY
Chapter THIRTY-ONE
Chapter THIRTY-TWO
Chapter THIRTY-THREE
Chapter THIRTY-FOUR
Chapter THIRTY-FIVE
Chapter THIRTY-SIX
Chapter THIRTY-SEVEN
Chapter THIRTY-EIGHT
Chapter THIRTY-NINE
Chapter FORTY [end]

Chapter TWELVE

7.6K 388 91
By imagineuphoria

Edited - 7/28/19

There was somebody knocking on his balcony doors.

It was 9pm and there was someone on his balcony. Calum, being only 10 years old, was starting to think of the worst case scenario. He thought a thief or a murderer was going to come in.

"Hello?" The person outside spoke up.

Calum's eyebrows furrowed together. He recognized that voice.

He couldn't see who it was because his dad put up curtains in front of the balcony doors. Calum skeptically stepped closer and extended his arm, pulling back the dark green curtains. Through the glass, he saw the same boy who talked to him a few hours ago at the sidewalk, the one with the bright blue eyes.

Calum's own eyes widened. "How'd you get on my balcony?" Calum didn't really speak up, but the blonde boy must've understood him because he moved aside to reveal the other identical balcony directly across from Calum's. 

Calum unlocked the balcony doors, opening one and feeling the cool wind sweep across his face. "Sorry if I scared you," The blue eyed kid said, smiling. "I just saw you in your room earlier."

"So you decided to hop over and.. knock?" Calum tilted his head. The distance between the railings of the balconies were only a few inches. "At nine in the evening?"

Calum thought it was weird, the way these balconies and houses were built, but now a boy his age was standing in front of him in the middle of the night and it just became weirder. "I didn't get to introduce myself properly earlier," The boy smiled. "You know, since we're neighbors and our bedrooms are literally across from each other." He extended his arm. "I'm Luke Hemmings."

Calum stared at the blonde boy in amusement. Luke was dressed in striped pajama bottoms and a white shirt, his hair falling across his forehead. He was about the same height as Calum. "I'm Calum," Calum shook Luke's hand, still eyeing the boy skeptically. "Calum Hood."

"Your last name is Hood?" Luke's eyes widened. "That's awesome! I wish my name was that cool!"

"You don't like your name?" Calum asked. Luke shook his head. "Nah, Luke's such a common name. You're the first Calum I've ever known." Luke said.

"Well you're the first Luke I've ever known," Calum replied.

Luke just stared at Calum, a smile on his face. "I like you, Calum, you seem cool."

"Thanks?"

Suddenly Luke hopped over to his own balcony, both him and Calum standing on the edge of their balconies behind the railings, facing each other.

"We should be friends." Luke grinned.

Calum was still a bit freaked out that the boy whose bedroom was beside his just randomly decided to knock on his balcony.

Do normal people do that?

But, Calum would never admit, he liked that Luke went through the trouble just to talk with him.

---

Calum

Coming out to my family was probably the most terrifying thing I have ever done.

Mom and dad's reactions were mixed. I talked with them on FaceTime yesterday when I got back home from the meeting at Dave's office.

When I told them I was bisexual, my mom said that she actually had a hunch because of the time when Luke and I were still kids. My dad was surprised, and he was the one who kept asking how I knew, when I knew, and if I ever had a boyfriend.

We talked for hours and mom ended up crying because she said she was happy I came out to them. Both my parents said they accepted who I was and that they loved me no matter what.

Let's just say that I was also in tears at the end.

Today, I was meeting with Mali-Koa to tell her. I specifically told my parents that I wanted to be the one to break the news to Mali. We decided to meet up at a restaurant not far from the condo.

When I pulled up at the parking lot of the restaurant, I took a moment to breathe.

I got out and locked my car, walking towards the entrance. I was wearing a grey sweater, usual black skinnies, and black ankle boots. When I entered the restaurant, a waitress went to greet me, after she got over her initial shock.

That was something I never got used to. People all over the world knew who my band was.

"Calum Hood?" Her eyes widened.

It was weird. And yet still amazing. Mind-blowing, actually. "Hi!" I grinned.

"I'm sorry, that was so unprofessional." She shook her head before smiling at me. "Hi, sir." She greeted. "I'm Daphne. Table for one?"

"No," I shook my head, looking over her head; she was quite short. "I'm actually here to meet someone."

"Are they already seated?" I spotted Mali-Koa on her phone at a booth near the back of the restaurant.

"Yes, she's over there." I gestured and Daphne turned around before nodding. She led me towards the booth. I thanked her and she bit her lip, politely excusing herself.

Mali-Koa looked up and a grin appeared on her face. She was wearing light make-up and a simple black dress with a denim jacket. She stood up, engulfing me in a hug. "Hey, how's my little brother?"

"I'm great!" I said, embracing her just as tight. "You didn't tell me you dyed your hair." Her hair was naturally the same color as my hair, but it was blonde now.

"I just wanted to change it." I felt her shrug before she released her grip on me. We sat on opposite sides of the booth. Daphne came back with two menus And handed it to both of us before telling us she'll be back to take our orders.

My eyes were scanning the menu, but I could feel my sister's gaze on me. "I know, right? You're probably thinking how your brother could be so outrageously handsome."

"In your dreams." I could practically hear her rolling her eyes. "Something's wrong," She mumbled. I looked up and saw her sit back, crossing her arms. "You're hiding something from me."

"Okay, how do you even know that?"

"I'm your sister, I can sense when you don't tell me something. Years of practice, believe me." She said. "Well, that and I keep up with the news. Does this have something to do with a certain actor slash model?"

"Yes, actually." I nodded, closing my menu. "Are you sure you don't want to order first? I'm pretty sure this could take a while."

"I have all day," Mali-Koa grinned and placed her elbows on the table bedord leaning in. "So, what's really going on? What's the truth?"

"Before I get into those things, I have to tell you something." I stared at Mali for a bit, and she narrowed her eyes. "Are you stopping for dramatic effect?"

"No," I chucked, scratching the back of my neck. I think it was a good thing that we haven't ordered anything because I would've felt like throwing up right about now. "I'm bisexual, Mali." I mumbled just to make sure she was the only one who could hear.

Mali-Koa blinked rapidly at first, then she leaned in even closer before whispering. "Does this have something to do with that tweet of yours?"

"Not really," I shook my head. "I'll explain that part later too. I just wanted you to know that I'm attracted to boys too."

"Would one of those boys be... Luke?"

I swallowed. "Yes. He's the first boy I've had feelings for. I wasn't thinking about my sexuality back then."

"That would be understandable since you were only a kid." She shrugged. Then she began to wiggle her eyebrows. "Had feelings for?"

"Mali," I groaned. "I'm serious."

She laughed, waving her hand and tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear. "So, you've had feelings for other boys, huh? Can I know who?"

"Um," I bit my lip. "One was a staff we had on our last tour, he was really adorable. He was taken though. The other was a guy I met at a bar, we flirted all night but I forgot to ask for his number. And I was crushing hard on this handsome waiter. Like, I used to go to that restaurant at least once a week."

"Aren't you still dating Leila?" Mali raised her eyebrow. Mali-Koa was the only one, besides my bandmates and Patricia, that knew I was seeing Leila.

"Yeah, um, that really didn't work out."

We were both silent for a few seconds until Mali spoke up. "I'm happy that you told me. I still love you, you know that, right?"

"I do." I smiled, but then I was frowning. "You don't know how complicated things have been lately."

"Tell me everything."

So, I did. I started from when Luke and I kissed when we were sixteen, all the way to yesterday. I had to stop a few times for us to order and when the food arrived. There were also some bits I had to leave out since it would've taken us literally all day to finish. By the time I was done explaining things, Mali-Koa had gone wide-eyed.

She exhaled, dropping her fork onto the table. "Let me see if I got this. You posted a tweet that sounded homophobic but you didn't mean for it to be, people hated you for it, your manager made you date Luke to prove that you're really not homophobic, and it's actually working?"

"Pretty much." I nodded, shoving another forkful of pasta into my mouth before sipping on my iced tea.

"But I thought you and Luke were dating?"

"I told you it's all an act," I mumbled, setting my glass down. Both of us have been keeping our voices down. Not that there were much people around in the restaurant anyway.

"No," Mali-Koa shook her head. "I meant I thought you and Luke were already dating before the whole Kayla thing."

I was in the process of chewing food when she said this, and I ended up having a coughing fit, surprised at what she said.

Mali continued. "Weren't you? I mean, it was so obvious that you two were inseparable. Mom noticed it too. I'm surprised you didn't kiss him before you guys turned sixteen."

I didn't know what to say.

Mali-Koa observed me for a bit and I could almost see the gears in her mind working. "Cal, do you still have feelings for Luke?"

"I'm just trying to make things right."

"That's not what I asked," She said.

I sighed, giving up on my food and setting my fork down. "Honestly, Mali, I really am just trying to not make more of a mess than I already have."

"You two have so much history together," Mali brought up. "I could understand why he was so hurt."

I ran a hand through my hair, leaning back. "What do I do, Mali?"

She looked just as lost as me. "What's the next step to this whole thing?"

"We tell everyone that Luke and I are officially a couple. There's a whole plan for it and everything."

"Oh," Mali nodded. "What do your fans think of you and Luke being together?"

"They don't mind it." I shrugged. "I mean some of them do, obviously, because you can't please everybody."

"Oh!" Mali looked like she just remembered something, suddenly leaning in real close. "Have you ever done.. you know.. with another man yet?

"What? No, Mali."

"Okay, okay," She rolled her eyes then proceeded to grin. "But have you ever thought about doing it with a boy before?"

"That's so personal!" I said, appalled. I leaned in closer. "Why are you even asking?"

"You don't have to answer," She whispered. "The blush on your face is a dead giveaway." And she leaned back, looking proud of herself. I glared at my sister. "You're annoying."

"I'm just curious!" She held up both hands, suddenly smirking. "Is it Luke?"

"Mali!" I groaned, pinching the bridge of my nose.

"It is! Oh my God—"

"Would you stop?" I seethed, feeling my face and my neck heat up.

Mali laughed out loud, even catching the eye of the couple seated nearest to us. "You're too obvious."

"You're just vicious."

"I know," She grinned smugly at herself, then that grin suddenly turned softer. "I missed you, a lot."

I pouted but replied, "I missed you too."

"Are you okay with all this? Being forced to date someone? I mean, since you're totally not crushing on Luke again," She coughed, causinh me to roll my eyes. "Is it still awkward between the two of you?" She asked.

"Yeah, sometimes the tension can be suffocating," I found myself confessing. A smirk slowly appeared on Mali's face. I snorted. "Not that kind of tension."

She shrugged innocently. "You should've specified. What do your bandmates think of all this?"

"It's not their problem, so I try not to burden them with it." I replied. "They're taking me out tonight to celebrate or something."

"It is kind of their problem," Mali-Koa said. "They're your best friends. If you're not happy about being forced to date Luke, then they're not happy. That's what best friends are for. To get you by these kinds of things."

I nodded, lickinh my lips and lookinh down as I picked up my fork and twirled Pasta on it.

"Calum?"

"Mm?"

Mali scoffed. "You're not unhappy about being with Luke, are you?"

"I don't know what you're talking about." I said, still not meeting her gaze.

"You liar," She scoffed again, crossing her armsnover her chest. "You missed being with him, even though you're both still awkward and shit, you love having him around, don't you?"

"You're making stuff up."

"Look me in the eyes and tell me you hate spending time with him."

I sighed and put on an emotionless expression before looking into Mali's eyes. I opened my mouth, expecting the words to roll right off.

Mali raised an eyebrow. "Can't say it, can you?"

I huffed, shaking my head. "You're insane."

"You just don't want to admit that even though this whole thing is supposed to be fake, you still have a tiny feelings for him."

"I don't have feelings for him."

"But you've missed him all these years."

I couldn't say no to that.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6K 26 49
Kyra Hood is the step-sister of Calum Hood and is the 5th member of the popular band 5 Seconds Of Summer. Kyra starts to develop feelings for her clo...
12.8K 431 39
What happens when Tesa Hood falls in love with Luke Hemmings? a regular teenage girl has the brother who plays the bass in the band called 5 Seconds...
4.4K 121 27
Just five months. Five months and he will come back to me. He will come back and we will be together again. Or...? Dating a celebrity isn't easy. Whe...
182K 2.7K 47
Imagines and Preferences featuring the 5 Seconds of Summer boys Michael Clifford, Luke Hemmings, Ashton Irwin, and Calum Hood. Requests Are Now Close...