The Betrayer || The Maze Runn...

By datcupcakethough

The remaining Gladers went through the Flat Trans into the Paradise. What they didn't know was that Teresa wa... More

blurb
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
epilogue
Thank You's + More !

19

343 5 1
By datcupcakethough

Teresa's POV

It's been three days (more like three months whoops). I tossed the gem back and forth between my hands. Word has spread, and they hate me more than ever. I shift uncomfortably; the tree trunks deep in the forest were too rough

Why didn't you  press the button Teresa, Jenson asked.

I can't find the right time. Minho keeps getting to me, I replied. 

Then go for the things he treasures, Jenson says. I furrow my eyebrows, not understanding what he was saying. Gather your weapons Teresa, Janson said. I stood up, making my way towards my old house. I was careful not the step on any leaves. A man was standing near the front door, his arms crossed around his black tee-shirt. I smirked at him, and made my way toward the backyard, where the backdoor was unlocked. They couldn't get dumber than this, Janson said, as I smiled at his comment. 

I made my way toward the living room, where I kept all the boxes. They were untouched. A small layer of dust caked the top. It was untouched. Nevermind, Janson said. I quietly opened each box, sliding knives into my boots and guns into my belt. As I left the house, Janson came back.

It's time to pick up where we left off.

. . .

I made my way toward Harriet's house. It wasn't very far nor guarded, which made my journey easier. I tiptoed to her colourful garden, stepping on them to get to the backdoor. A small note was taped on it. I ripped it off and read it. 

Minho,

Meet me by the trees near the cafeteria after you meet with Thomas. I left the backdoor unlocked for you so you could get your keys you left the other day.

xx Harriet

I let go of the note, smiling at the unlocked door. I slowly opened, hoping she was there unprotected. I shut the door and looked around the kitchen. It was fairly empty, except for the keys on the table.

"Harriet," I called out, trying to imitate Minho.

"Here!" she responded from above. I made my way up the stairs and called for her again.

"I'm in my bedroom. Third door to the right!" she called. I made my way over and opened the door slowly to see Harriet brushing her hair.

"Do you have a cold? You sound a bit weir -" she said turning around, screaming when she saw me. I ran to her and covered her mouth up, gripping her arm. She bit it and I yelped, letting go of her. She sprinted out the door, heading for the stairs. I race after her, and push her down the stairs. She hit every step, groaning on the way down. 

I smile, slowly making my way downstairs. I yank her up by her hair and pull my knife out, placing it against her neck. She whimpered, giving up. 

"Now, lets go meet your beloved Minho," I say, pushing her out the front door. I pick up the note, shoving it my pocket. We snuck through the forest, my knife still against her neck. 

"Don't think about escaping," I whisper. "I don't think you want another knife in your hamstring." 

Harriet glares at me as we approach Tom's house. We stay behind two trees and slip the gem into her pocket as she watches. I shove her away.

"Look, what you're going to do is lure Minho into the forest. Say that you want to move up the date you have together," I instruct. 

"What makes you think I'll do that for you?" Harriet asks, crossing her arms.

"Because that thing I put in your sweater? Yeah, it's a bomb," I reply. She raises an eyebrow, questioning me. "Do you think I'm bluffing? Have a ever bluffed before, Harriet?" 

She slowly believes me. "What are you even gonna do to me and him?"

"Get information out of you. Then kill you," I simply state. She chokes on air, her eyes watering. "Even if you don't do it, you still die."

The door of Tom's house swings open to reveal Tom and Minho. Harriet looks at them alarmingly. 

"I-if I do what you said, can you leave Minho alone, and kill me instead?" Harriet asked, tears running down her face. I rolled my eyes, nodding. She slightly smiled and looked back at Minho, who was now walking away. Harriet wiped her cheeks, then ran after him. He smiled when he saw her, and they hugged. 

I followed them as they strolled towards a secluded part of the area, them holding hands and talking. When they finally arrived, Harriet made sure his back was to me so that I could sneak up behind Minho. I could here them as they talked.

"Minho, you have to promise me something," Harriet said. Minho looked over to her, his face serious.

"When I leave, find someone who'll love you as much as I do," Harriet announces, tears threatening to spill. Minho cups her face.

"What are you talking about?"  he replies, confusion written all over his face. 

"I love you," she says, sharing a kiss. That's when I emerge from the shadows. As Harriet makes eye contact with me, she starts sobbing. Minho turns around, and pulls out his knife as he sees me. 

"What are you doing here?" Minho snarled.

"I'm s-sorry," Harriet says, blubbering. Minho looks confused as he looks towards Harriet. I grab her by the back of her neck. Minho tightens his grip on his knife.

"Let her go," Minho hisses. I chuckle quietly, smirking back at Minho. 

"Oh Minho, why would I?" I say.

"Why are you even doing this?" he asks, looking between me and Harriet. 

"If crayons were alive, they wouldn't colour with crayons. Or would they?" I state, getting angry. "You munies get to prance around the place, free of the Flare. You don't know how much they suffer. How much I suffer!" I scream at him. 

Minho furrows his eyebrows at what I said, but he gets over it. He throws the knife at me, but he is too slow. I shove Harriet in front of me, and the knife hits her in the arm. I yank it out, and throw it back at Minho, it hitting his leg. Minho and Harriet both scream.

"Harriet! I'm so sorry," Minho cried as he fell to ground. Harriet winced as I dragged her to the side. 

"Now it's your turn to suffer," I said, pulling out the pistol from my belt. I cocked the gun and aimed it at Harriet's forehead. Harriet started bawling as Minho attempted to run to me, his leg resisting. 

"I love you so mu -" she choked out, but she couldn't finish before I pulled the trigger.

She crumpled to the ground, and I watched her. Then suddenly my head was pounding. It was like someone was trying to pull my brain out from my ears. I couldn't breathe, but then I could. I blinked, my vision blurry. I felt light. I look toward my right, where Harriet was left, limp and pale. I handprint was on her throat. In front of me was Minho, clutching his bleeding leg, crying. 

Memories of what I did washed over my brain. Tears spilled onto my cheeks as I looked toward Minho. I shot her, I thought as I fell to the ground. He was now looking at me with pure hatred. 

"Help me," I croaked. Minho was now confused, and angrier than ever. 

"Why would I help you if you killed her!" he yelled, his voice cracking. 

"Janson," I gasp. "He's controlling me."

"What? Why would I believe you?" Minho asked, suspicious.

"Please Minho," I whisper, looking into his eyes. His features softens as he nodded. 

"What can I do?" he asks.

"Kill me," I say, my voice quivering. "Please Minho, please. I don't want to hurt anyone anymore." He looks surprised, but nods. I toss him my gun, and he reloads it, the gun cocking. I felt something rushing back to me, making me feel indestructible. 

"Run Minho," I yell. "It's coming back!" 

But it was too late. Minho shot the gun, but I rolled to the side and dodged it. I smirked at him as I strolled towards him, pulling another gun from my belt. He dropped the gun and tried standing up and running, but his injured leg kept him from doing it. He crawled about a feet away before and stepped on his injury. He screamed in pain as I smiled, his fear replenishing my energy. I reach out to Harriet and take the green object of destruction out of her pocket . I brought out the gem, searching for the button. I looked towards the hospital as I pressed the button. A booming noise was heard, and smoke-filled screams erupted from the hospital. Minho choked out a cry as he looked towards the hospital, then back at me.

"Bye bye Minho," I cooed, as I aimed the gun at his head.

"Go to hell Janson. Teresa will kill you-" he yelled as a sharp, but loud, metallic noise erupted, cutting him off.

Then, silence.

❦❦❦

lets talk about the ending guys...

hopefully you enjoy this long chapter :)

i'm sorry about not updating! I was just so busy with school and tv shows (whoops) and now i've got tons of work and about 4 tests every week so yep. 

hopefully this chapter makes up for it! 

bye loves (omg magiano)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

96.4K 1.6K 21
[book 1] The maze broke her, she will never be the same as before. Elodie and her brother are from Group C, but when they are rescued, their saviour...
15K 395 29
Unsatisfied with the ending of the death cure? Here is what I think would've happened to after the gladers made it to what they call paradise. MAJOR...
1.4M 45.6K 33
❝She must save them. He must save her.❞ Upon her arrival into the Glade, things take a twisted turn and survival becomes the number one priority as t...
119K 3.1K 43
She was there since the beginning. People trusted her, she trusted them. She was the light in the glade. But when WCKD gives them an option to sac...