WAR OF HEARTS [J.WAYLAND]

By sheismental

Arabelle Lightwood grew up on the center of the ShadowHunter world. She started training to be a ShadowHunte... More

CHARACTERS
PREFACE
PLAYLIST
01
02
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
Announcement
Q & A
23
24
25

03

23.4K 715 219
By sheismental

CHAPTER THREE: OF COURSE YOU CAN'T.

"Come to me, in the night hours
I will wait for you."

___

Arabelle walks into Jade Wolf, knowing it's late and they will probably kick her out of there before she can say 'hello' to Ethan but she needed her best friend. Someone who's not her sibling.

"Eth-."

"Boo!." Ethan pops out of the door and Arabelle raises an eyebrow. "You're supposed to be scared." Ethan says fake pouting.

"Too bad i'm a shadowhunter." Arabelle smiles sarcastically and Ethan crosses his arms over his chest. Arabelle has always thought that Ethan is hot, but for some reason she has never seen him in a romantic way, not like Jace at least.

"So what's up?." Ethan asks but Arabelle cocks an eyebrow.

"What were you doing?." She asks.

"Not much, i was eating before you came. I suggest you don't get to comfortable, the guys will probably kick you out." Ethan says before motioning the table, there was pizza, and Arabelle would of taken a piece already if it weren't for the inevitable knot she felt on her stomach.

Arabelle looks at Ethan in the eyes before motioning the door with her head.

"I was thinking we could talk, my head is going to explode if i don't." She says, Ethan quickly nods without hesitation.

"Sure, Belle." He takes his jacket and walk out of the small restaurant. "Is everything okay? You seem annoyed at something and that's never good."

Arabelle chuckles lightly before shaking her head.

"You know me so well." She admits and Ethan smiles sweetly at her.

"Of course i do." He says as he looks at the pier. "But this isn't about me, it's about you. What's wrong?."

Arabelle sighs loudly and tries to catch the most important things that were going through her mind.

"It's Jace." She lets out, Ethan sighs as he crosses his arms over his chest once again.

"What did he do now?."

"That's the thing he didn't do anything." Arabelle replies as she lays her back onto a wall. "He has been ignoring me all night, all because of a girl he meet back in the club."

Ethan frowns. He knew that Jace and Arabelle were close, but he also knew that Jace wasn't warm or fuzzy inside and he wasn't the best at showing affect. But he always made an exception for Arabelle.

"He meet a girl?."

"Her name is Clary, beautiful green eyes and a strawberry blonde, maybe as tall as me and kind of dumb if i can say so." Arabelle rolls her eyes. "She is a shadowhunter and she didn't even know."

"How can that be?." Ethan asks with courisity filling his voice.

"Don't know and don't care, i just don't like her." Arabelle finishes. "I don't know if i'm upset because Jace ignored me or if it's because she ruined tonight's mission."

Ethan snickers as he wraps an arm around her shoulders.

"I think it's the first one." Ethan says as he looks at Arabelle who's pouting.

"I was hoping you wouldn't say that." Arabelle admits. "Wanna come over? I haven't finished The 100 and i need my daily dosis of Lexa." Arabelle says jokingly.

Ethan chuckles and nods.

"Only if i can sleep in your bed this time, the couch is way too uncomfortable." Ethan says as they both start walking away from Jade Wolf.

"Uhh that i can't promise, that's up to my brother's mood." Arabelle jokes.

___

As soon as both of them walk into the institute they see Clary and a guy next to her. Jace then notices that Arabelle came in and approaches her with a stern look.

"Where were you?." He asks Arabelle without even looking at Ethan, they didn't get along too well.

"With me." Ethan replies for Arabelle.

"I don't think i asked you." Jace says with his arms crossed over his chest, Arabelle rolls her eyes.

"If we have already stablished who has it bigger, can i go now?." Arabelle says sarcastically and Jace grabs her wrist.

"He can't be here." Jace demands and Arabelle looks at him in disbelief.

"But Clary and that guy over there can? Don't be such a hypocrite, Jace." She spits out harshly.

Arabelle tries to get out of Jace's grip but he grips on tighter.

"Let me go or i will kick you in the stomach." Arabelle warns but Jace chuckles.

"I need to talk to you."

Arabelle shrugs and kicks him, not too hard though, just hard enough for him to let her go.

"Now you want to talk right? After all night ignoring me. Ethan and I are going to my room and you better tell my brother to not barge in."

Arabelle walks away with Ethan by her side, Isabelle grabs her arm and motions Jace who has an angry look on his face, his jaw is clenched which means he is genuinely mad.

"What was that?." She asks with widen eyes. "Believe me i'm all about women empowerment and not letting a man tell you what to do but that was something else."

Arabelle looks at Jace and chuckles.

"That was me behaving like him." Arabelle replies nonchalantly. "Who's that?." She asks looking at the guy. "He doesn't look like a Shadowhunter."

"It's because he is not." Isabelle smiles. "He is the mundane friend of Clary, he is hot in a nerdy way isn't he?." Isabelle teases which only makes Arabelle grunt.

"I had enough of boys for a day." Arabelle says. "Oh by the way Ethan is here." She says introducing her friend.

Isabelle smiles an waves.

"Hello handsome." Isabelle says and even though that sounds flirty, they both knew that there was nothing between them.

"Hello gorgeous." Ethan replies, with a shy smile. "Let's go, Belle!." Ethan says and Arabelle laughs as she grabs his hand, directing him to her room.

Arabelle's room wasn't too girly, the walls were made of mahogany with drawings and pictures all over them. Even though she didn't have a normal teenage life she did like everything that normal teenage girls like, normal bands, tv shows and books. The furniture was pretty normal, a dark chocolate night stand and a bookshelf right besides the large window, it combined perfectly with the small couch.

As soon as Arabelle gets into her room she throws herself onto the mattress, letting out a soft sigh.

"I have missed this mattress so much." Arabelle says and not minutes passed by before Ethan followed Arabelle's actions.

"I have missed it too." Ethan says jokingly. "Let's watch The 100 before i turn all godzilla on you." He says excitedly, patting the mattress.

"Fine, fine! Just put it on. I'm already falling asleep." Arabelle says.

"Belle!." Isabelle calls out, Arabelle gets up groaning.

"What do you want?." Arabelle says annoyed as she walks downstairs.

"Well--."

"Why's there a mundane in the institute?." Alec interrupts as he stands besides Jace, who sighs at the sight of the boy.

"A Circle member followed him to get to Clary." Jace replies, Arabelle walks a little closer to get into the conversation, but she earns an angry look from Jace.

"A Circle rune, just like the guys that took my mother." Clary says and Arabelle raises an eyebrow.

"What exactly is a Circle member and why are they trying to kill us?." The boy asks with a scared and curious look. Arabelle fake pouts and walks closer to the boy.

"Poor thing, we don't know much more than you do. All we know is a long time ago the Circle led a revolt." Arabelle replies half flirting, half joking. Simon looks up and down to her with an atonished look, he has never been good at talking to girls apart from Clary, and even her got him nervous.

"A lot of Shadowhunters got killed including my father." Jace says sighing, Arabelle looks at him apologetically; She knew how much that hurt him, and now she feels bad for not wanting to talk to him. But she is cold as ice, and she won't let him know how sorry she felt; she was stubborn like that.

"And since the revolt we've been forbidden to even hear about the Circle." Alec finishes, his arms crossed over his chest, hardly even looking at Clary.

"But, how is that even possible? It's your history." Clary states in disbelief, Arabelle chuckles sarcastically earning a look from Jace and Clary.

"Says the girl who didn't know she was a Shadowhunter." Arabelle says meaning to sound snarky, Jace smiles at Arabelle for saying that, because that was exactly what he was thinking. "Yeah i caught that smile, Jacey." Arabelle says jokingly.

"Yeah, you're right." Clary says and Arabelle shots her a look.

"That must be the only that you've said so far that i agree with." Arabelle says smirking as she approaches her sister who is doing something on the computer, Arabelle has never quite understood technology and how Isabelle knew so much about it.

"And now the only person who knows the truth is missing, so I don't care about your rules or what's forbidden, I'm There's got to be someone out there who can tell us - why they've taken my mother." Clary states while the four Shadowhunters are trying to find whatever, just a slight piece of evidence that could lead them to Clary's mother; But to be sincere, Arabelle was just there to support her siblings and Jace who clearly got a hold on Clary.

"There is." Jace says as he walks away. "You coming?." He asks Clary, she is a little bit hesitant.

"Yeah." She replies quietly; That's when Arabelle actually saw Clary, more like her outfit. She was wearing Isabelle's clothes and Arabelle knew for a fact that the skirt caught Jace's attention more than ever.

The mundane is quick to follow Clary's steps but Jace quickly stops him.

"No, no, no." Jace repeats as he lays his hand briefly on the mundane's chest. "Not you."

"Hey, we're a package deal." Clary says innocently.

"Yeah."

"There are runes all over the training room floor that would kill your mundie boyfriend." Jace says sternly.

"He's not-"

"We are not-"

Jace raises his eyebrows at the mundane.

"I'm not, like We're, uh, just friends." The mundane says to Jace with a frightened and nervous look.

"Best friends." Clary clears up making Arabelle rolls her eyes.

"Yeah, and I'm tough. I can handle runes." He says with a sweet smile that makes Arabelle chuckle. "So, uh, bring on the runes." He hits Jace's arm before shaking his hand. " What exactly are runes?."

Arabelle stands up with Isabelle by her side.

"They give Shadowhunters our demon-fighting powers." Isabelle explains as she burns a rune with her stele.

"So hot." The boy mutters as he looks at Isabelle. Jace clears his throat and the boy immeadiately looks at him. "The rune."

Arabelle and Isabelle chuckle as they approach the mundane.

"Don't worry, Clary." Arabelle says with a flirty look on her eyes. "We will watch over the best friend."

"In fact, I was about to make breakfast." Isabelle says.

"On second thought, the runes might be less lethal." Jace tells Clary.

"I love you, Izzy. But you suck at cooking." Arabelle says earning a smack on the arm by her sister.

"I'll pretend I didn't hear that." Isabelle says. "Please excuse my siblings lack of manners." She says looking at the mundane. "This is Alec." She says motioning her brother.

"I'm Arabelle." Arabelle says with a smirk and holding her hand out, the mundane quickly takes her hand with an amused look.

"I'm Isabelle." Isabelle says doing the same action as her sister.

"Lewis." He says quickly shaking both of the sister's hands. "Simon, Simon Lewis." The mundane replies shaking both of the sister's hands repeatedly and with a nervous tone on his voice. "Two first names. Am I still talking?."

Arabelle and Isabelle chuckle at the sight of the nervous boy.

"Simon, that's a cute name." Arabelle compliments, she was trying hard to be nice and flirty, probably too nice for her own good.

"See? Best friend's safe and sound here. Well with Arabelle around, no one can be 100% safe." He says sternly making Clary a little bit more hesitant.

"Jace, if anything happens to him--."

"Go on, i'll be fine." Simon assures Clary as he looks at the two gorgeous sisters before him. "I think."

"Hey, uh don't eat the food." Jace says 'whispering' to Simon. "Dangerous."

Arabelle is quick to grab onto Jace's arm before he walks with Clary. He looks at her with a frown, he is still mad.

"Jace can we-."

"Not right now." He interrupts and tries to get out of Arabelle's grip.

"I'm sorry i was an ass." She says closing her eyes as she let's those words out. Arabelle almost never apologizes for being mean, but she didn't want to lose Jace so it's only fair to apologize to him for kicking him. Jace looks at Arabelle with his mouth slightly open, Jace didn't think that she would apologize. "Is that what you wanted to hear?." Arabelle says with a raised eyebrow, the curve of Jace's lips goes upwards as he looks right into Arabelle's eyes.

"Something like that." He answers.

"Are you still mad? I won't make any more efforts if you're still mad." Arabelle says, her grip is stil holding on tight onto Jace's arm. Jace shakes his head wiht a light smile and kisses Arabelle's forehead.

"I can't be forever mad at you." He says before walking away towards Clary.

"Of course you can't." Arabelle mutters for herself as she sees Clary and Jace together, maybe it was time for her to actually move on from Jace.

___

goodbye this sucks.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

322K 7.3K 36
Almost seventeen years before Clary Fairchild came into everyone's lives, a young girl around one year old showed up on the steps of the New York Ins...
377K 8K 55
Bexley Raziel bloodborn's life wasn't normal. It was anything but mundane. She was a ShadowHunter. And even for a shadowHunter, Bexley's and her fr...
79.3K 3.4K 51
[COMPLETED] In a rush I was no longer in the cold and rainy street but in someone else's apartment. Confused, I looked around me and saw two men in f...
150K 3.2K 34
Clary Fairchild was to be protected by Mayla Stonehart. Years of hiding her true identity made Mayla live in fear every day and look over her shoulde...