04

CHAPTER FOUR: ALRIGHT.

"I can't help but love you, even though i try not to."

____

Arabelle was not trying to make herself appealing to Jace, she has never tried to do so. But then again, there wasn't a strawberry blonde before this. Arabelle huffs looking at Jace's back before walking to her sister's room, she knew for a fact that she will be there.

Most importantly, Arabelle knew why Clary was so interesting to Jace; She was new and a mystery to him, there's no doubt that Jace loves a good mystery. Hopefully he will get annoyed and tired of Clary, just like Arabelle did.

"Then we kill them--."

"Right..."

Arabelle walks into the room, only to be greeted by the widen eyes of Simon and the small smile of Izzy.

"Are you scaring him so soon?." Arabelle says with a cocked eyebrow.

"Nonsense, he is just too curious for his own good." Isabelle replies.

"So the rune on Clary's neck--." Simon continued.

"A healing rune. Jace used it to save her life. Because that's what he does." Arabelle replies, that last part almost like a whisper.

"So Jace knew she was a Shadowhunter?." Simon asked, now a bit more preoccupied. Arabelle only rolls her eyes and leaves it up to Isabelle to answer the question.

"He was almost certain." Isabelle says with a light shrug. As soon as Simon takes a step, Isabelle stands in front of him with a hand on his chest.

"Where could you possibly be going?." Isabelle says smirking as she walks, making Simon sit on the edge of the bed.

"To get Clary, to protect her from Jace." He responds without hesitation, Arabelle scoffs and turns her gaze back to Simon.

"And why would she need protection from Jace?." Arabelle spits.

"He's the ultimate protector." Isabelle added, which made Arabelle roll her eyes again, if she didn't know her sister better she would think she was teasing her.

"What makes Jace so special?." Simon asked, if only Arabelle could answer that question for him and herself.

"Belle, sure you don't wanna answer this one?." Isabelle teased, earning a glance from Arabelle. "Okaay he is the fastest, strongest, fiercest. And hello, have you seen the guy?." Isabelle says smirking.

"Whatever, stop doing that." Arabelle states as she gives Isabelle a warning look.

"What?." Isabelle says innocently.

Arabelle scoffs and takes two steps closer to her sister.

"I'm not stupid, and i know for a fact that you aren't stupid. So stop acting like you are and do both of us a favor and shut the hell up." Arabelle spits out harshly, Isabelle simply rolls her eyes.

"Okay what's going on?." Simon asks confused at the discussion.

"Nothing." Arabelle replies harshly before walking out of the room. "Don't eat the food, you'll die!." Arabelle yells loud enough for Simon to hear.