10

CHAPTER TEN: RUN AND HIDE.

They started saying when you can't hide, run.
When you can't run, hide.
Started thinking love's a loaded gun
Nobody wants to fight.

____

It was 8:00 am when Alec told me to talk to Jace, with all laziness and grumpiness i walk down the hall.

"Alec told me you wanted to see me?." I ask entering Jace's room without knocking, he sighed as he brushes his hair back with his hand. "So?." I ask impatient, the last thing i wanted was stay in the same room with Jace for too long.

"I'm sorry." He uttered and my mouth fell slightly open. It was way too early for his bullshit.

"What did you say?." I ask with squinted eyes.

He huffed as he sat on the edge of his large bed, he looked tired and well regretful.

"I was an ass, i should of stopped Clary. It wasn't right, Belle, you've always been there by my side. And i–." He breathed heavily, i bit my lip. "I repay you like this?." He asked as he makes a gesture. "I know i did wrong but it hurts." He said looking down at the wrong.

I gather all of my strength to avoid running up to him and kiss him, it takes all of my strength to walk slowly towards him. I sit carefully next to him.

"What hurts?." My voice sounded hoarse, he lifts his head up and looks at me in the eyes.

"This. Us not talking, you being so cold with me, though i admit i deserve it." He lightly chuckled and i smiled a crooked smile. He then bit his lip. "I'm sorry, Belle, i don't want to lose you."

Neither do i, but i will lose you either way. We will never be what i want us to be, i wanted to yell.

I laid my head on his shoulder.

"You wont." I muttered, he sighed.

"Are things going to be normal once again?." He asked, hopeful. I was one of the few people that Jace trusted enough to let himself be vulnerable, and the thought of it made me smile.

"We are shadowhunters, dumbass. Things are never normal." I replied sarcastically. He chuckled and grabbed my hand, holding it tight between his warm hands.

"Believe it or not, i missed your witty and sassy self." He chided and i grinned happily.

"I thought so." I replied and he embraced me, wrapping his strong arms around my waist and my arms hesitated before wrapping themselves around Jace's neck. I breathed in, his cologne invading my nose, i took a very deep breath knowing that this would be as close as i will ever get.

He sighed in the hug as well, he caressed my back so tenderly. He did miss this as much as i did.

Tears started forming in my hazel brown eyes, when had things become so complicated? Why the hell did Clary Fray had to come and ruin us like this?. My sob alerted Jace, he quickly departed and took my face between his hands. God dammit, Jace.

His eyes transformed into panic as he scanned my face.

"Belle what's wrong?." He asked alarmed, i shook my head and i tried to smile, but it transformed into a grimace.

"I'm fine." It sounded hoarse again. He shook his hand too.

"Don't tell me that." He demanded. "What's wrong?." He asked slowly, as if i didn't understand the question.