Girls // 5SOS

By BritishBums

▪ "Have you guys ever considered competition with other bands in the music industry?" The interviewer asks th... More

Girls // 5SOS
1 - banding
2 - world-war-twitter
3 - MSG and morning surprises
4 - sucky solutions
5 - "what he's cute?"
6 - battle of the sexes
7 - sisters before misters
8 - free pizza
9 - simple but effective
10 - literal dickheads
11 - two truths and a lie
12 - gives you hell
13 - broken hearts and pink hair
14 - mess
15 - partay
16 - holy boobs
17 - clifford the big red dog
18 - the apology cake
19 - liar liar
20 - free falls
21 - bigfoot?
22 - good-girls-are-not-so-good-girls
23 - bruh? bruh.
24 - teenage queen and bigfoot-age
25 - never be
26 - 7 things I hate about Calum
27 - plan
28 - the C word
29 - if it means a lot to you
30 - cliffhangers are so
31 - christmas and mistletoe kisses
32 - surprise presents and tough decisions
33 - backseat serenade
34 - hot cheetos and secute texts
35 - bloody hell, Rose
36 - tight jeans and love songs
37 - dating for dummies
38 - fall out cara
39 - tensions and supernatural
40 - if i'm james dean, you're audrey hepburn
41 - hey purple
42 - battle of the bands
43 - not the hair!
44 - remember.
45 - bag of dildos
46 - where's Tess?
47 - i wish that i could wake up with..
48 - i'll find the words to say
Wattys 2015!
49 - in another life
50 - thanks for the memories
51 - she's kinda hot though
52 - girls like girls
53 - the elevator of death
54 - game time
55 - shocks and jams
56 - broken pieces
57 - RJ and mikey's socks
58 - little do you know
59 - safety pin
60 - it means a lot to me
61 - a love like war
62 - outer space / carry on
63 - sounds lit feels lit
64 - girlfriend
66 - happy birth, luke hamstrings
67 - rogues
68 - a second first time
69 - the writer
epilogue

65 - the arcaders

29.6K 1.3K 1.6K
By BritishBums

.

A/N:

Long chapter woo :)

And sorry for typos in advance, I never get to edit my chapters ugh

- Mia x

.

.

_________________________________

.

.

CARA'S POV

.

.

"So how are you? We never got a chance to ask you." Tess curiously asked.

The others were in the kitchen seeing if they could whip up something.

Rose said it was better, but I knew they were only doing this so I wouldn't have to get into an awkward mess between Luke, his new girlfriend, and Jenna.

Honestly, I wanted to get things straight with Jenna. It was the most anticipated thing that has been running through my head, on the way here, in the airplane..

Jenna was my best friend, and I wish she'd let me back in her life.

"Cara?" Tess asked again as I glanced at her.

"Honestly, really, really well Tess. I hate to say this, but it was sort of easy for awhile to not have the press all up on my case."

She smiled weakly at me, propping her face in a hand. "Yeah, I totally know what you mean though."

"Do you ever miss the beginning? Like when we didn't really care if we were a small band, and all we really cared about was the music?"

She nodded, sighing. "I do miss it. But now, isn't still about the music? What keeps this band together?"

"It's been hard to focus with them around." I said softly so they couldn't hear.

"Maybe it is their evil plot to sabotage us." Tess laughed, making me smile. "And maybe we haven't been our feminist selves lately, but.. I kind of like it."

"How so?"

"I like how different it feels. Like Calum, I don't know what it is about him, maybe it's the fact he can play the bass just as well as me, and yeah, I don't know. I know having a guy in my life is the last thing I need because I have you guys, but.. It's like I've won more than I wanted, and I like it. I like him a lot." She murmured.

"You really think of me that way?"

Both of us looked to our side where Calum was just a slight distance away, overhearing the conversation.

Tess blushed, her eyes slightly widening, as I smiled.

"I get what you mean." I agreed.

Lastly glancing at the two, I heaved myself up to leave them to it as I went over to Rose and Ashton.

"Are you insane, you're going to set this room on fire!" She stared at him with wide eyes.

"I know what I'm doing Rose, can you find your chill?"

"Okay, go ahead." She huffed, taking a step back.

"What are you guys doing?" I laughed.

"Well, we're trying to cook eggs sunny side up, but Ash here is--"

"I'm an expert, just trying to flip an egg."

"Key word here, is trying." Rose said to me, as I stood next to her.

We both watched him lift the pan, as he intently watched the egg in mid air.

"I told you, what did I tell y--oh fuck." He cursed when it fell to the floor in a splat.

I laughed, closing my eyes as I threw my head back.

"Did a bird just shit?" Calum called from the couch as Tess snorted.

"Well, you could say that."

Ashton groaned, picking up the egg and trying to hold the goo in his enormous hands.

"Hey Rose, I think you've got something on your face."

"What the--"

"Oh shit!" I screamed when Ashton smushed it against her face, immediately running away from her and into the bedroom.

"Are you kidding me! You're dead you little fucker, you hear me?" Rose shouted, scrunching her nose as she wiped the sticky substance from her face.

She grabbed an egg from the open carton, running after him.

"Rose no! I'm sorry!" He laughed uncontrollably.

"Rose chill!" Calum called after her.

"Not freaking happening, Hood!"

.

.

.

***

After eating breakfast with an awkward sensation in the atmosphere, it was finally over.

Rose was humming softly, tapping her fingers playfully to a beat on Ashton's hand, as we all stared at her.

"What?" She glanced up.

"Are you humming My Chemical Romance?"

"Yes, I am Tess. It calms me down."

"Welcome To The Black Parade was Jenna's favorite song." I remembered, pulling a small smile.

"Oh she said it changed to Famous Last Words a week ago." Calum casually brought up, Tess rolling her eyes.

"She didn't! Welcome To The Black Parade was a classic. And classics never die."

"Then explain their album The Black Parade Is Dead?"

"Calum, I swear. Don't fight me on my favorite band."

"Well, they're my favorite band too."

"And I was the one humming it to begin with." Rose said.

"Okay, we're all trash for MCR, I get it." I blurted out, as they all looked at me, Ashton stifling a laugh.

"It's actually Disenchanted." A voice from the door made us all turn to it.

Jenna leaned on the doorframe, Michael behind her.

Oh god.. If she's here for what I think she's here for.. Was I even ready?

"Michael, there was an arcade downstairs right?" She asked without glancing back at him, her eyes were locked on me.

"Uh, yeah." He chuckled.

"Well what are we all waiting for, let's go there." Rose quickly said.

"Sounds like a plan!" Tess pointed, Calum slinging an arm around her shoulders.

I pursed my lips, staring down at the floor as the others had shuffled out, purposely leaving Jenna and I in the room alone.

Jenna flinched at the sound of the door closing as she sighed.

Slowly looking up at her, she just rose her eyebrows.

"I know everyone forgives you for what you decided to pull off, but I don't." She huffed, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Jenna, I came back to apologize. To start over again." I murmured slowly, my eyes softening.

"Oh don't look at me like that. You don't deserve to play the victim Cara, because you weren't the one that went through hell!" She ran a hand through her blonde hair.

"You think I didn't?" I laughed dryly. "You can't be serious, Jenna--"

"No. No, I'm not doing this right now." She shook her head. "I wanted to talk, not argue like a bunch of five year olds."

"Then let's talk. I came, all this way Jenna. Just to fix things, and honestly I don't know what I'd do if this band went down because of this huge fight we got into." I sighed, closing my eyes.

To my surprise, she was silent.

Opening my eyes, she was still staring at me.

"Follow me."

I follow close behind her as she leads me out onto the balcony, sitting down on a chair.

I sat down beside her as she stared out at the tall buildings, and the busy city below.

I really should've thought this all through.. Like what the hell was I going to say to her?

Obviously, I'd apologize to her, but I owed her more than just a stupid apology.

"I'm sorry." We both said out of sync, but nearly at the same time.

I stared at her, bewildered, as she laughed slightly.

Her smile faded, just staring at her black painted nails.

"I.. Don't know how else to say this, but I'm just sorry. I'm sorry for being so stupid and risking our friendship. The band." I went on , closing my eyes.

"I was just as idiotic for being so stubborn." Jenna admitted. "I could have done something, you know? Instead of.. Let it happen."

I shook my head. "The day I left, I left you heartbroken. That wasn't fair, and I was a dick."

"Okay, you have no idea how satisfying that was. To hear you call yourself a dick." She breathed out, teasingly smiling.

I chuckled. "Well, it's the truth."

There was a silence, as Jenna buried her face in her hands.

"Do you remember when all we've ever wanted was this band to become something that mattered?" She asked me.

I nodded. "Yeah, I do."

"Why doesn't it feel the way I thought it would? It honestly feels like.. It's up to people to kinda tell us how to live our lives, you know what I mean?"

"Yeah, I get it. I mean.. We thought it'd be rainbows and happy songs around the campfire, but it obviously isn't. Like we do have pros like the fans, the music and us as a band, but.. There's cons too."

"Like the privacy, that's been thrown into the trash awhile back, hasn't it?" She mumbled, furrowing her eyebrows.

"You can say that again." I sighed.

I hadn't realized she was crying until she sniffled.

"Jenna.." My voice trailed as I tilted myself to her.

"I'm really sorry for everything, I feel terrible." She said shakily.

I have never seen her so upset until now, and I was too in shock to do anything, let alone say another word.

Instead I took her into a hug, as she buried her face into my shoulder. She held me tightly.

"I'm sorry too. For being so fucking stupid--"

"You weren't being stupid. You were looking after yourself, and that's important, Cara. As scary as it sounds, in the future, you might not even remember me, or the girls. And the only person you'll have is yourself." She rambled on, crying.

"Okay, okay. Don't make me cry, now." I half-heartedly laughed, gripping onto her. "But I don't really want to stress on the future."

"I'm just giving you a heads up." She murmured, smiling weakly as she pulled away.

"And thank you. But I think we'll all cross that bridge when we get there."

"Yeah, yeah you know what, to hell with the future. You're right. The best we can do now is move forward, never look back, and for that, I forgive you."

I smiled, at her, nearly in tears as well.

God, why did this have to be so emotional?

It gave me mixed emotions knowing I still had my best friend, no matter the shit we've been through the past three months or so.

"You're still my best friend, Cara. I can't lose you. Not today, at least."

"I love you."

Jenna's lips parted at the words, but caught on as she recollected herself.

"I love you too, Cara. And seriously, you are my best friend. If there's ever anything I could do, I will. Same goes with Rose and Tess."

"Yeah." I smiled, as she squeezed me once more before withdrawing.

She sighed. "So are we good?"

"Of course we are. We always will be."

There was another silence, but this time the tension was no longer in the air.

It felt like any other time I'd be around her, and honestly, I was so thankful to be over this heavy heartache stuck in my chest.

"You know, Luke is in love with you." She tilted her head at me.

"I don't think so." I laughed dryly. "I mean, he's clearly got Armania."

"Arzaylea." She laughed, screwing her eyes closed.

"What? Oh, shit." I gasped, making her snort.

"Arzaylea's a rebound. You know, I bet if you got him alone, you'd change his mind in a heartbeat."

"Well.. I can't. I'm not that confident like she is, you know? I can't do it."

"Cara. You're Cara. Remember Aleisha?"

My cheeks heated at the mention, as I nearly choked.

"You said we'd never speak of it ever again!"

"Well we are. Because you've got to win Luke back. Because he's your Luke, no one else's." She attempted to pep talk me.

"And you and Michael?" I changed the subject.

I still had no idea how I felt about the whole Luke situation.

Who knew I'd even be a part of one of those dramatic love triangles anyway?

I was seriously a changed person.. In a not so inspiring way.

"Well.. Nothing's really changed, I mean I still like him. He's always there for me, even though I hate how he's this gamer, guitar shredding, Nirvana loving dork, and.. I don't know. All I know, is that I'm whipped if I talk about him this way." She laughed, shaking her head.

"You don't just like him though, obviously you l--"

"Gross, Cara don't say the L word!" She groaned.

"Mhm, and it's only fair that you say it about me and Luke?"

"Well, only because it's the truth." She nudged me.

Honestly, I just had no idea anymore, about the whole Luke thing.

.

.

.

****

.

.

JENNA'S POV

.

"Jenna!" Michael screamed from across the arcade, causing some kids to glance over at him.

"Jen! I won you this huge unicorn, teddy bear thing!" He excitedly beamed, as I gasped.

I laughed obnoxiously as he sets the huge fluff in my arms. It was nearly twice the size of me, but I still managed to hold onto it.

"Thank you! But where exactly am I going to put this?"

"How should I know?"

His moods immediately change when he pressed a kiss to my neck, and did it a few more times.

"Did you and Cara make up?"

"Yeah, thank God. I couldn't stand being mad at her for any longer." I sighed, the huge unknown creature of fluff between us.

"Good. I knew you two would make up anyway."

"Why is that?" I furrowed my eyebrows, handing the stuffed animal to a little boy passing by next to me.

He nearly fell over, grasping onto it, Michael smirking.

"Well you two are like.. Inseparable. It wouldn't make sense if you guys never made up."

I set my hand on his cheek, my arm wrapping around his waist.

His arms also rest on my waist, as I trace a finger over his lower lip.

Without another word, he closed the gap between us, kissing me.. Nicely.

"Thank you for always being there." I sighed, setting my head on his chest.

"Anytime."

.

.

We both walked over to where Tess and Calum were, playing whack-a-mole, screaming at each other.

"You're going too fast!"

"Harder, Tess!" Calum desperately yelped.

"Okay!" Tess panted as they hammered onto the gophers coming out of the holes.

"You two sound like you're having sex." Michael said casually as we both watched the red glowing numbers go up each hit.

"Well don't say it that way." Calum chuckled, as Tess bit back a smile.

Once the round ended, we all cheered when they had reached 98 hits.

"Oh come on, Jenna and I can do better than that. Right, babe?"

The nickname made me melt, as I stared at him.

Calum wolf whistled teasingly, Tess wiggling her eyebrows.

"Wanna bet?"

"Fine, how much?" I crossed my arms.

"Free pizza." Calum said, as Tess nodded once in agreement.

"And ice cream." Tess smirked, playfully leaning on Calum's side.

"Deal. If we win, you're getting the pizza and ice cream."

"And if you lose--"

"No way. We're not losing." Michael cut Calum off, raising his voice.

"Easy, Cliffo." I patted him on the chest.

"It's on, Hood. Stevens."

And let's say, it all pretty much went downhill after that one sentence.

.

.

ROSE'S POV

.

I honestly felt this huge weight leave my chest once Cara told me that Jenna and her made up.

It finally meant that the band was still on, and honestly the possibilities were endless now.

Cara sat with us, kind of just unreadable.

"You alright?"

She glanced up at me. "Huh? What, of course I am."

We were sat on a bench behind the others, where Jenna and Michael were yelling at each other over a game of whack-a-mole.

"Look, if it's Luke--"

Cara groaned at the mention, making me pull a small smile.

She still liked him, and being one of her best friends, I easily told it out by the way she spoke.

"Luke's yours in a second if you just talk to him." Ashton shrugged, easily butting in to the conversation. "The only reason he even called up Arzaylea was because he thought you were over him."

"Me? Over him?" Cara laughed dryly. "I never could, even if I tried, you know? And believe me, I've tried thousands of times."

"You guys are killing me here." I groaned. "It won't hurt to tell him!"

"I told Jenna the exact same thing! I can't. I'm just not the type of person to slut shame."

"So you think she's a--"

"Oh hey guys!"

A girl's voice a distance away, makes us three turn to the wicked witch herself.

Luke was beside her, but he immediately tenses up when he sees Cara.. Again.

She avoided his eyes yet again, only making me want to just smush them both together, maybe lock them in a closet together just like that one time before a show.

Maybe that would actually work.. I'd have to talk to Ashton to obviously help me out though.

God, why were they both being wimps?

If looks could kill, Cara would have already murdered her.

"Hey!" Michael tiredly breathed out, waving off Luke.

"We were going to get some lunch. And Tess and Calum will gladly be paying." He cheered. "In your faces!"

"Calm down." Jenna told him sternly. "But yeah anyways, the losers will be paying."

Tess rolled her eyes, Calum mockingly scoffing.

"It was a close score!" He argued, but Michael smushed a hand in his face.

"Was not!" Jenna laughed.

I caught Arzaylea rolling her eyes and whispering something to Luke, nearly making me pounce on her myself.

I was about to walk up to her before I felt Ashton slightly grip my arm.

"Not worth it." He murmured in my ear, as I froze.

"Okay." I sighed, slightly tugging my arm fron his grasp.

The only question was, how long was I going to watch Cara be tortured by seeing them together?

Oh, and how long until I finally get to give her a piece of my freaking mind?

Come on, now.

Something had to be done.

.

.

.

________________________________

.

A/N:

.

AHHH VOTE AND COMMENT PLEASE! I REALLY APPRECIATE READING EVERYONE'S COMMENTS AND ALL

THANKS FOR READING!

OH AND DON'T FORGET YOU CAN CHECK OUT THE PLAYLIST FOR THIS BOOK ON SPOTIFY, TITLED 'Girls (The Playlist)'

YOU CAN ALSO ADD YOUR OWN SONGS AHSKJS

SO UM YEAH!

OH AND IF YOU DONT ALREADY KNOW, I HAVE A TWITTER AND YOU CAN FOLLOW IT @ BritishBums_

.

- Mia x

.

.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

129K 5K 65
I turned to leave but he grabbed my wrist and pulled me towards him. I panicked, 'I know you're lying', he said with his eyes piercing my soul. 'I ha...
5.2K 66 11
The Cullen's are living happily in Forks around seven years after Breaking Dawn until a silent, smart, chess master, optimist, Recognator who is not...
7.9M 160K 95
"I'll never meet him, I will never be able to touch him, I will never be able to breath the same air as him, and the worst part is that he doesn't ev...
947K 20.9K 37
What began as just an ordinary day for one Elena Gates is turned upside down when she sees an unfamiliar boy calling out for help. From then on her w...