Myth High | Book I | ✔️ | FIR...

By Gamedays

****Mostly Uneditted **in the process of being rewritten behind the scenes. It will be completely different ... More

Introduction
Part I
Prologue I
Prologue II
Chapter I
Chapter II
Chapter III
Chapter IV
Chapter V
Chapter VI
Part II
Prologue III
Prologue IV
Chapter VII
Chapter VIII
Chapter IX
Chapter X
Part III
Prologue IV
Prologue V
Chapter XI
Chapter XII
Chapter XIII
Chapter XIV
Chapter XVI
Part IV
Chapter XVI
Chapter XVII
Chapter XVIII
Chapter XIX
Chapter XX
Note
Chapter XXI
Epilogue
Cast List Pt. 1
Cast List Pt.2
Sequel
Playlist
Characters
Characters
Thank you!!!
Questions for the Characters?
Character Q&A
Character Interviews
Monster Hunter Society
Updates
Social
Important Message

Chapter XV

155 6 5
By Gamedays

Chapter XV

"No amount of guilt can change the past, and no amount of worrying can change the future."

-Umar Ibn al-Khattab

Leyna sighed as she grabbed a shirt out of Michal's closet. She shook her head, annoyed at the sloppy way it was folded. After refolding it, she placed it on his bed. Michal sighed as a he walked in, wearing only boxers and his hair wet. Leyna rolled her eyes. "Where are your clothes?"

Michal smirked. "You know you love it."

She shook her head, the corner of her mouth turning up. In the back of her mind, however, she couldn't agree more.

He sighed as he walked into the closet. He came out with a red long sleeved shirt and faded blue jeans. Leyna's nose scrunched up as she saw the wrinkles on the shirt and pants. Immediately she walked over to her room and grabbed her iron and the ironing stand. When she came back, she snatched the clothes from him.

"Hey!" He exclaimed.

She turned the iron on and instructed him to sit down. Once the iron was ready, she began to work. Every so often, she glanced up at him as he laid sprawled out on his bed. "Leyna?"

Her head snapped up. "Yes?"

Michal turned to look at her. "What do you think is happening to Andrea right now?"

Leyna bit her bottom lip. "Honestly, I am not sure. It can be any number of things, really."

"Well, we only have one more day to grab her."

"Thirty hours, Michal. A day and six hours. One day plus a quarter of another."

He rolled his eyes. "Leyna, you now I could care less about that."

She chuckled. "I know,"

Silence settled between the Alpha and Beta. Eventually he turned to look at her, so she looked up. Their eyes met. Leyna felt her face flush red as she looked down and continued ironing his shirt.

Suddenly, he got up and made his way over to her. His smell invaded her nose as he stood right behind her, his head over her shoulder as he watched her iron his jeans. When she finished, she turned around, only to come face to face with his chest. "Your jeans." She murmured, looking away from his chest.

"Thanks," he said, taking them, but not moving.

"Michal..." she wined as he trapped her.

He suddenly placed his fingers on her chin and lifted her head up so she was looking at him. "Leyna, be honest with me."

She gulped. He knew she wouldn't be able to lie to him. Her nerves began to go into overdrive. "W-whatever you say, Alpha"

His eyes darkened. "Please, call me Michal. It sounds weird when you call me that."

"Okay, A- Michal."

Michal smiled, and then his smile faded as he stared at her. "Do you think I'll ever find my mate?"

Leyna's jaw dropped. "What are you talking about? Michal, you will find your mate, and she- or he- will love you to no end. If you honestly think you won't get a mate, then I'll have to knock you upside the head."

A grin spread on his face. "Thank you, Leyna."

His lips grazed her cheek, and immediately she felt her face heat up and her breathing sped up. When he pulled away, he stared at her flushed face. Leyna held his gaze for a while before dropping it. She turned around and began ironing his shirt. Embarrassment flooded her system. I can't believe I blushed like that she thought, cringing at the thought. Michal still hadn't moved.

"Michal, why don't you go put on your jeans. You'll shirt will be done in a second." She said, not looking at him.

He didn't reply, but she could hear him walk off to the other side of the room. Once he was gone, she felt tears pricking at her eyes. She looked behind her to see his back to her, so she took that as the time to wipe her eyes. However, as soon as the tears fell on her hands, he was by her side, his arms wrapped around her. He was cooing her to calm down as the tears fell out of her eyes.

"Leyna, what's wrong?" He asked, stroking her back.

She sniffed. "Michal, I won't find my mate. I've befriended every single person here, and nothing."

Michal sighed. "Leyna..."

Leyna buried her face in his chest as she sobbed. "You'll find yours easily. You're an Alpha. I'm a Beta. Sure, I meet people, but I'm starting to get worried."

"Why?"

"What if they are another species?"

Suddenly, Michal's eyes glazed over. "Timothy's here. Let's see what he thinks."

A few minutes later, Timothy walked in. He looked around the room, his eyes sparkling as he took it in. Then, he saw Leyna. "Is she-"

"Mate problems."

Timothy nodded, biting his lip. Leyna sniffed. "Have you met yours?"

"Too young. Leyna, since you are a Beta, you'll be able to find yours earlier, but it won't be easy."

Michal eyed him. "You seem to have an air of confidence that shows you've fallen in love once. You have that smell to you."

"He also smells of humans, but that's probably from Salvin, Rayna, and Draco, right?"

Timothy said nothing. Finally, he spoke. "Yes, there was one girl once, but she's not in my life now. And I'm a half-blood."

"You're partially human?" Leyna asked.

"Is that why you have no pack?" Michal asked at the same time.

"Yes and yes." Timothy said.

Leyna instantly saw Michal's eyes glaze over. I don't know about him.

What do you mean?

He just seems odd, you know? What if he's lying?

Then he's lying, and we accept that.

Michal nodded. Leyna felt as if he was somewhat right. Could they trust a half-blood? In the past, they usually seemed to turn on them. What if the same thing happened while they were trying to rescue Andrea?

They could not allow that.

****

Andrea sat on the hard floor. She closed her eyes, tears pricking them. She heard footsteps, and upon opening her eyes, she saw Jacob, Lexi, and Gavin. Andrea scowled. "What do you want?"

Jacob smirked. "Oh babe, you look so cute when you are trying to be intimidating."

Lexi laughed while Gavin kept paying with the lighter. The last time he'd been by her, he had almost lit her on fire. Gavin walked over to her, and shoved the lighter in her face, causing her to whimper.

He smiled. "What, scared of a lighter?"

She didn't respond, and instead thought of the voices she was beginning to forget. She remembered their faces, though some of them were becoming blurry. Some voices were completely gone, while others stayed prominent in her mind, like Mitchel's.

A tear slipped out as she thought of what they could have been. She had always liked him, but Jacob clouded her senses. Besides, the last time she'd liked one of her friends, things hadn't worked out. She was scared to feel that way of him, only because she was worried it would be a repeat of what had happened with Liam. She heard laughter from the three demons in front of her as she felt the tears fall out of her eyes.

"Please, God, save me." She whispered as they continued their laughter at her vulnerability.

****

Mitchel's head snapped up as he heard the voice in his head. Victoria sat on the chair as her phone vibrated. She picked it up. "Yes?" Pause. "Sure, I'll put him on."

He took the phone from her. "Y'ello?"

"You heard it too, right son? God sending us a prayer, right?"

"Yeah, I did."

"It was Andrea's, huh?"

Mitchel said nothing as his bottom lip began to quiver. "Son? You still there?"

"Yes, sorry."

"Sorry, I should not have mentioned her."

"You're fine,really." He said, though he honestly didn't mean it.

His father was silent for a while. Eventually, there was a sigh. "You're going after her, huh?"

"Y-yes."

"I'll leave you to it."

"Seriously? I thought you'd be worried."

"I am, but I'm going to trust you. It's obvious you care a lot for this girl, and I don't want to see you getting hurt if anything happens to her, so you and your friends can go."

Mitchel stared wide-eyed at his father. Could he actually be serious? Eventually he nodded. "Thank you, D-Dad." He said, tears starting to slip out of his eyes.

He could practically hear the smile through the phone that his father wore. "No problem, Son." His father said, choking up a little bit.

After hanging up, Mitchel headed to his room. After arriving there, he thought about the conversation.

Mitchel and his father didn't have the best relationship in the world, especially since his mother died. It had been rough. Vincent had gone down the drain, becoming extremely depressed. Mitchel had only been nine at the time, and his father basically forgot about him. The first year had been pure torture. Everyone at school would express how upset they were, making it even harder for Mitchel to live. Add that to the fact his father was extremely depressed made his life terrible. He contemplated ending it at one pint, but found the idea useless. If an Angel were to suicide, then pain would surely spread through both human and supernatural species.

After that year, his father started to get better. However, he didn't pay attention to Mitchel, who was practically grovelling for it. After the second year, Victoria came into their lives. His father was smitten, while Mitchel hated her. The gunman was human, and seeing a human getting close to his father sickened him.

Not only that, but the reason she knew of the Supernatural was because her family was Hunters, though she never liked the life.

He sighed, rubbing his eyes. Before he fell asleep, his phone rung. "Hello?" He said groggily.

"Mitchel, how nice of you to pick up." A sickly voice said.

Mitchel's expression darkened. "Jacob, how the Hell do you have this number?" He growled into the phone.

Jacob laughed. "I merely wanted you to have a chance to hear this," he said, the sound of fabric brushing the phone showing he moved the phone away from his face.

"Mitchel! Mitchel, is that you?" Andrea's voice came through the phone.

"Andrea?" Mitchel asked, tears beginning to fall out of his eyes.

"Mitchel, you have to help me! These guys are-" the sound of muffled speaking and screaming cut her off.

"Now now, pretty lady, no need to go telling him our plans, hmm?" Came another male's voice.

"You have that right, Gavin." Jacob said, laughter making his tone even more annoying.

Mitchel growled. "You're dead, you peice of-"

"Nu uh uh, Angels don't swear. I thought you'd have known that. Only Demons can do that, being the worse side of Gods creations."

"Demons were created by Lucifer, you-" Andrea started before she had her mouth covered again.

"Vale, Angelus." Jacob said in Latin.

"Maledicentibus vobis, et daemonium habes!" Mitchel screamed into the phone.

The phone call ended, leaving Mitchel feeling even angrier than before. He immediately grabbed his satchel and opened his window. His wings spread out from behind him, and he leaped out the window, flapping his wings as he raced to the motel.

****

Vale, Angelus - Goodbye, Angel

Maledicentibus vobis, et daemonium habes - Curse you, Demon!

Hey! How are you all today?

I know, later update, but whatever, right?

Anyways, I have decided to start putting music in the A/N because why not, right? Songs that kind of reflect the mood of the chapter. (Keep in mind I suck at this kind of stuff).

Anyways, the one for this chapter is We Don't Have To Dance by Andy Black

I love Andy Black <3

Anyways, I think some of the stuff said in the song reflects some of the stuff in the chapter.

Just so you know, next chapter they are heading to save Andrea, and the fourth and final part is dedicated to their adventures there! Squee!

I can't believe the book is getting to the end, but don't worry, there will be a sequel because I haven't even gotten to the biggest part of their adventure yet. I don't know what it will be called, and I have been thinking it over for ages. Don't worry, I'll think of something!

Thanks for reading, folks!

-Paige

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

121 23 4
A world that no human as seen..... a world that no human has ever survived in ..... a dark world that no human has ever lived to tell the true tale...
7.7M 352K 65
For years angel academy has taught students of all races and ability's, angels, werewolves, vampires, dragon riders, you name it. The school was cre...
390K 18.7K 36
Hidden deep in the California valley is the Aves Department for the infamous C.R.O.S.S. Laboratories. Offered an internship this esteemed genetic res...
Undead By RA

Vampire

107 13 17
Being trapped inside one place most of your life is suffocating. So I took it upon myself to go behind my mother's back every chance I got to leave...