The Fertility Mark (Book 1)

By grizzie-grey

NOT EDITED VERSION. Delilah got a huge responsibility on her shoulders at the age of 17 when her parents die... More

Authors Note
Sheldon
Ice Cream
Dandelions
Stranger Danger
Maeve
Aunt Georgina
"Werewolf" Movie
Stalker Mate
Unnoticed Acceptance
Cursed Mate
House Rules
Alaska
Dimitri
Mark
Mad Mate
Secret Closet
New Mate
Millennium Honey Boo
Female Guards
Bloody Message
Unexpected Things
Mall Confession
Locked Mate
Guardian Chickens
Vampire Queen
Surprise Powers
Maximus Speaks
The Matthews
Royal Months
Declarations
Vampire Hunters
Mate Maeve
Wrong Move?
Blobs
Eveline Anya
Victoria Secret's Secret
Bloody Lips
Reunited
Alex's Daughter
Double Spy
Home at Last
Maid-of-honor
The Plans
The Date
Wedding Crashers
The Births
Death
Surprise Surprise
Epilogue
Sequel News

The Ugly Truth

32.8K 1.2K 164
By grizzie-grey

"What do you mean she's your daughter?" Mags voiced out everyone's thoughts. All the adults that didn't know about this were frozen in their spots while the ones who knew just shrugged slightly when their mates looked up at them. I didn't even pay attention when Alex began to speak as I just stared at a confused Ali.

She stared at me, then at Eveline, then back at me. She stood up from her spot a few feet away and slowly made her way towards us. When she was close enough, she got on her tip toes and I smiled before I crouched down a bit so she could see her better. She was quiet for a few moments, and that's when I realized that everyone was staring at us in silence.

"So?....." I whispered after a few seconds of her just standing there, doing nothing. After a few more seconds of playing statue, she began to move. Her small hand slowly moved up towards Eveline's face and with her index finger, she carefully rubbed her chubby cheeks. Another few seconds later, and a smile appeared on her face before she actually said something.

"So I'm an aunt?"

I let out the breath of air I didn't know I was holding and nodded as she continued to touch Eveline. "Yes. I may not be her biological mother, but she is my responsibility."

Slowly, everyone crowded around us, wanting to get an even closer look at her. Like Ali, a smile quickly appeared and soon enough, coo's and endearments were being shrieked by the females.

"But your still pregnant...... Right?" Ali asked me as I handed Eveline over to a bouncing Mags. I quickly laughed at her words and then Williams reaction about it before I answered her.

"Willie!! I want a pup of our own!! When are we going to have one?"

"Pass her on and we can get started right now."

"Eww William. Not in front of the kids. And to answer your question Ali, yes, I'm still pregnant with the twins. So soon enough, we will have more babies to be passed around."

I stood there, frozen and silent as Williams wide eyes quickly snapped towards me while the ladies kept on cooing at Eveline. I heard Alex snicker and even Quinn let out her own chuckle as Ali gasped before her eyes snapped to my belly.

"Wait for it......" I mumbled under my breath as I saw three bodies stiffen and quickly turn in my direction.

Three

Two

One

"WHAT!??!" They all shrieked together, frightening Eveline. Her cries immediately caught their attention again and I quickly grabbed her, only to be bombarded by the same question over and over again by five different people.

"You're expecting twins?"

"Yes. Why do you think her bump is showing that much when she's barely reaching her first month mark." Quinn answered for me, making all eyes snap to her. Daniel quickly dropped her hand, only to wrap his arms around her figure and pull her closer to him. I felt Alex do the same behind me, but he carefully extended his big hands across my belly.

"So there will be three babies in the palace? Three?" April breathed out, looking at me. Her eyes quickly trained on Alex's hands before she quickly looked back up and saw me nod.

"Yes. And I'm sure I'm going to need help, so-"

"YES!!" They all shrieked again, making Eveline jump in my arms and start to cry again. My groan was swallowed by Elliot's and Henry's groan, but I managed to calm her down.

"Shriek one more time and I will make sure-" I didn't even have to finish my threat. All three of them shook their heads immediately and I smiled before I took a seat back in the same spot as before and dragged Ali down besides me. Alex took the spot on the other side and hugged all of us as everyone else got comfortable in the remaining couches.

"So I'm guessing you all want an explaining on why I left." When I was answered with a bunch of nods and one tiny squeeze from Ali, I took a deep breath and nodded. "I left for two reasons. One, I couldn't let Ali be taken by Dimitri, so I sacrificed myself." Alex growled softly and I felt his arm tighten around me as he kissed my forehead. "The second reason...... Dimitri had information about our parents."

Ali gasped quietly before she whispered out, "What do you mean he had information about our parents?"

Securing Eveline in my right arm, I quickly grabbed Ali's hands with my left one and squeezed them lightly before I answered her. "Our parents are alive Ali. They are vampires."

Everyone gasped with her as Quinn just sighed and looked down at her hands. I mentally thanked Alex as he grabbed Eveline from my arms so I could grab Ali in mine again. She was frozen in spot, not blinking or breathing. I had to shake her multiple times to get her attention, and she only looked up when Tommy burst into the room from somewhere upstairs and ran straight to her.

"Both my wolf and I felt her," he whispered to me as he caressed her face. "Are you ok?"

She nodded and then looked up at me. "What do you mean our parents are alive and are vampires? Didn't they die?"

I sighed deeply and crushed her even more to me as Tommy quickly stood behind her, leaning against the couch. "Let's me just tell you everything from the beginning so everything will make sense."

So for the third time since I had been rescued, I told the story. I skipped some of the unnecessary parts, giving the adults a look and continued on when I saw them nod. When I got to the part about our parents, I specifically spoke to Ali, and she just stared at me with tears in her eyes.

"So they are alive?" She whispered after I was done talking about them. I still had more to say, but I think I was going to stop there. She didn't need to hear the rest as it wasn't that important. If she wanted me to say it though, I would.

"Yes."

"And they asked about me?"

"Yes."

"So why haven't they come and seen me? Why didn't they come and see us before?" Her hazel eyes were shining with the unshed tears and it broke my heart.

"They were protecting us. Our ancestors are hunters."

Many growls were heard and Ali just looked around before she looked back up at me. "I don't know what to say.... I..... I...." She shook her head and stood up, her fists clenching by her sides. "I....." She quickly ran around the couches and up the stairs with a trailing Tommy right behind her. I immediately stood up, about to follow her when I felt Alex gently grab by hand, stopping me from taking a step.

"Let her soak this up. She's confused right now and she doesn't know what to say. Give her some time to think about it and then go up and talk to her."

I just stared at him for a few seconds and nodded. I sat back down with a sigh and then looked up at everyone when I felt their stares directed at me. "Do you want to hear the rest?" With many nods, I continued on with the story. Once I mentioned Terri and her death wish, everyone stared at Eveline -who was laying down in the couch- and gave her a sad look. When I finished explaining her burial, they all looked at me confused and I just shrugged. "I don't know why that happened. Quinn said since I am...... Umm... Well you know...." I gulped as Alex lightly growled besides me. "It went faster."

"But you're not," April murmured tapping her chin with two fingers. "That's impossible." Quinn sighed loudly and blushed when she saw us all looking at her.

I shrugged again. "It just makes sense though. I mean I don't like it, but can anyone else think of another reason?" When no one answered, I sighed deeply and rubbed my temples. "This is just like one of those soap operas shows...... Drama after drama and problem after problem. When will my life be normal again?"

"When Dimitri isn't in this world anymore," Alex growled and I tensed up. Why was my mind telling me 'yes' but something inside of me telling me 'no'?

"What do you mean by that?" I whispered as he gently squeezed my hand.

"Exactly how it sounds. And it's the truth. Now ladies, will you do me a favor and watch Eveline for us? I want to spend some quality time with my mate."

They were already fighting over who was going to carry her before he even finished speaking. He gave the men a look before he quickly looked at Quinn and Daniel. I saw Daniel nod once and then stood up, pulling Quinn with her before they both quickly disappeared. Once all the couples were gone and the chattering voices were muted, Alex turned me around so our chests were touching and cupped my face with his hands.

"Finally. Alone at last."

"Actually I need to make one quick pit stop..... Well actually three before I'm all yours." His left eyebrow slowly went up and I smiled. I just pecked his lips, grabbed his hand and then dragged him to the kitchen. I quickly gathered up the ingredients for a sandwich and made a couple -as Alex stole the first one with a sheepish grin- before I finished it off with a small help of fruit. After scarfing everything down, I made him wait outside the bathroom -much to his complaints- and then bit my bottom lip as I spoke to him.

"Lastly.... I need to check up on Ali." He nodded quickly and dragged me all the way up to her room. Once there, he kissed my forehead, went down on his knees and kissed my belly before he left me after a few words of safety. I knocked on her door and when I heard a soft, "Come in," I walked in.

She was alone, sitting down in the middle of her bed hugging her knees. I quietly closed the door behind me and then sat besides her, frowning slightly when she didn't bother moving to look at me.

"Are you okay?" I whispered as I lightly touched her back. She just shrugged and I sighed. "Where's Tommy?" She shrugged again and I groaned. "Are you going to talk to me?" Another shrug. "Do you want me to leave?" She didn't shrug. Instead, she stayed in her exact same position before she slowly shook her head and finally looked up. She crawled into my lap and just hugged me as she stared off into space. "I'll be right here if you want to say anything, okay?"

"Okay," came her soft voice and I smiled. I brushed her hair back with my fingers, and soon enough, she was snoring lightly. I chuckled softly, set her down and then quickly walked out. I will check on her again later on.....

'Alex? Where are you?' I thought as I walked down the hallway.

"Down here love," came his voice from the first level. I quickly took the rest of the steps and practically flew down the stairs, right into his arms.

"Hi."

"Hi."

"I'm all yours now."

He grinned. "Thank god!"

"But you still owe me that foot rub and massage. And I want it now."

"Yes ma'am," he laughed and began to pull me back to the room across his office. This should be fun.......

Another update. If it was boring, I told ya!!

Question..... Would you like me to continue on with the boring chapters and stretch it on, or would you like me to jump ahead to all the action and be close to finishing this book?? I THINK there will be a sequel........ I THINK lol

Comment and vote!!

Thank you!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.3K 177 26
Soraya didn't know Werewolves existed. She didn't believe in the existence of any Supernatural beings. That was until the day she had ran away from h...
6.1M 147K 41
Ariana Belle was the typical quiet girl. She was the weak link in the ferocious Crimson Pack. She was shunned by everyone except for two people, her...
11.6K 340 29
(I wrote this like a year ago and my grammar was literally beyond the worst and the storyline was horrendously written. Beware.) Luna had just been d...
931K 27.2K 30
"Slowly, little moon-- I'm not going anywhere." ***** Marked wolves were the only wolves that could conceive an A...