I'm In Love With The Popular...

love-your-friends द्वारा

Dakota lives in Australia. She and her father recently moved from Texas to Australia to be with her brother a... अधिक

1
2
3
4
5
6
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
A/N

7

390 11 3
love-your-friends द्वारा

Dakota

I wake up to my phone ringing.

I sit up and stretch, reaching for it.

Me: H-Hello?

Luke: Hey sis, Michael and Ashton and I went to get some food. Calum is there if you need anything.

Me: Okaaaaay...

Luke: Ok. Bye.

He hangs up.

He left me alone...... with Calum? Huh. Weird.

"Calum!?"

No answer.

I go downstairs and find Calum with Priscilla. She's sitting on the table and he's standing ten feet away from her.

It looks like she's crying and he's annoyed.

"Please Calum! It was a mistake. I loooove you!" She sobs.

He rolls his eyes and sighs.

I decide to help him out. "Babe?"

He looks at me and I wink. He smiles and comes to me. He hugs me and whispers a thank you in my ear. I smile and kiss his neck. "Follow my lead." I whisper.

He nods.

I grab his hand and we turn to Priscilla.

"Sorry, girl, but you missed out. Well tough luck, Calum is mine now. We are more than just good friends."

She scoffs.

"Too bad that you couldn't see. See the man this boy can be. There is more than meets the eye. I see the soul that is inside. He's just a boy, and I'm just a girl. Can I make it anymore obvious? We are in love. Haven't you heard? How we rock each other's world."

As soon as I say that, Calum grabs me and kisses me. I immediately feel butterflies in my stomach and I kiss back.

"Fine. Whatever." She grabs her purse and leaves.

Calum sighs, pulls away, and laughs. He lets go of me, and picks me up. He spins me around. "Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!"

I laugh. "You're welcome."

"Where did you come up with that?" I'm still in his arms, but he's stopped spinning.

"It's lyrics to Skater Boy by Avril Lavigne"

He smiles then stares into my eyes, slowly putting me down.

"Why are you staring at me?"

"Because you're beautiful.."

I blush and look down.

He puts his finger under my chin and lifts my head up. He kisses me gently, way different than the kiss a few minutes ago. My eyes widen but I eventually kiss him back.

He pulls away. "Do you like me?"

I nod, unable to speak.

He wraps his arms around my waist, pulling me closer.

The door opens but neither of us care.

"Kota-"

"Hey guys! What's, uh, what's going on here?" Luke pulls us apart.

"I just helped Calum get rid of Priscilla..."

He smiles. "We got Wendy's. Come eat."

The three of them go into the living room.

"Kota-"

"No, Calum. I can't date my brother's best friend." I sigh and go into the living room.

Calum

No. No! No! NO!

I can't lose her. Not now, not ever.

After lunch, Dakota takes a nap with Amisha. She brought her over here so she could take care of her.

That's when I hand some lyrics to the guys.

"Is this about my sister?" Luke looks up from the lyrics.

I nod.

"You told her you're twenty?" Ashton smirks.

I nod again. "Any more stuff about her?"

Luke hesitates but sighs. "Well, she has a rose tattoo..."

"I've never seen it." Ashton gets a RC.

"Yeah, she keeps it covered."

I add that to the lyrics.

"We have a tour coming up. We can preform it then.." Michael speaks for the first time. "Well, Calum can. We'll just play, then we can decide on parts later for the music video or whatever."

We all nod in agreement.

"Hey, guys." Dakota yawns, coming and sitting down beside me.

"Aye Dakota!" I smile at her.

She smiles back but then looks confused. "Why are you guys all smiles?"
We all immediately stop smiling.

"Nothing sis." Luke glances at me.

"Ooookaaaay?" She grabs a RC and eyes us all.

"We have a tour coming up in a couple months, wanna join?" Michael blurts.

I roll my eyes.

She shrugs. "I suppose. My shop will probably be open by then though...."

"Mali can watch the store with some of her friends."

She smiles at me. "If that's not to much trouble..."

"Eh. She won't mind, she loves animals. Just leave an instruction manual or something so she dosen't do anything stupid."

She laughs. I smile, I love her laugh. I see all the guys smirk and exchange glances.

I go to the fridge, pretending to get something to drink. But I actually kick all their shins when I walk past them.

"Ow!" They all bend down and rub their shins.

"What happened?" Dakota looks at all of them.

"Nothing Kota." Ashton glares at me.

I smile and take a sip of water.

Dakota

I know exactly what he did.

I burst out laughing. Calum joins me. Eventually, the others join in too. Amisha just stares at us like we're crazy then plays with her shadow.

After awhile, everything calms down. Calum and I are laying on the couch, watching The Carbonaro Effect, while the others are having a video game war in the other room. Amisha is curled up next to me.

Calum slaps me, out of nowhere.

"Ow! What the hell Calum!?"

"Don't go to sleep."

"I wasn't!" I gently get Amisha and get out of his grasp, sitting in the recliner. Amisha mewls in protest. "Sh shhhhhh." I pet her head.

He sighs. "Come back over here.."

"No."

He sighs again. "Kota, please."

"No."

"Baby, please."

I don't say anything.

Calum

"Kotaaa-"

"Why did you slap me?"

I sigh. "I'm sorry. I'm an idiot."

She smiles. "American idiot...."

I laugh. "Yep."

She laughs. I smile at her.

I do have feelings for Dakota. And I probably always will. I love her to the moon and back. I love her more than anything in the world. But Luke is my best friend and I don't want to do anything to make him hate me.

Dakota
♥♥♥
The day of the tour departure

Business is booming! Sixty-eight animals have been adopted in the past four months. Right now, I'm washing this puppy. I call him Bolt.

I hear the ding of the bell, someone just walked in. "Welcome to Love and Pet. How may I- Oh, hey, Calum."

He smiles. "You ready to go on tour?" He's holding his phone.

"Uh, I guess... What are you doing?"

"Recording. Say hi to the people!"

I roll my eyes. "Hey."

"So unenthusiastic, Kota." He laughs.

"Sorry but I'm not going to be enthusiastic when I'm washing Bolt here. I'm up to my elbows in suds!"

He smiles. "He's cute."

I smile. "Yeah.."

"Where did you get him?"

"My friend found him and his syblings on the side of the road. Mother was a few feet away, dead. Unfortunately, he's the only one that made it.."

He's silent for a second. "Oh...."

"Sorry, I shouldn't have said anything.." I pull a peice of my hair behind my ear.

"No, no. It's fine." He reaches over and pets Bolt's head.

I get Bolt all cleaned up and back into the puppy pin. I start wiping off the suds.

Calum

"You excited for the tour?" I zoom in on her face.

"Yeah, it's gonna be fun hanging out with my friends and brother." She rolls her eyes and laughs.

That sarcasm though.....

I pretend to be hurt and she laughs again.

Man, I think I love her..... is that bad?

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

1.7K 57 27
College. The four years that everything basically changes. Where there's parties, drinking, hookups, and anything else, you name it. A lot of people...
6 Years Too Late M =) द्वारा

फैनफिक्शन

135K 2.2K 51
Finding your person at sixteen is not as exciting as it sounds, especially when you lose them at seventeen. For Calum, even six years later, everyon...
15.9K 430 41
Michael Clifford. The schools bad boy. Michael Clifford is the guy your parents warn you about. One night stands every night. Dropping girls as if th...
23.3K 603 9
Calum Hood the notorious leader of the Riders, a powerful gang no one would dare go against. Ruby Clifford is his best friend and right hand, Michael...