Born Of Fire

By GhostNinja

Phoenix is a young Fire Elemental from a city in the fire country called Yaag. He has the altogether unheard... More

Born Of Fire
Born Of Fire Chapter 2
Born Of Fire Chapter 3
Born Of fire Chapter 4
Born Of Fire Chapter 5
Born Of Fire Chapter 6
Born Of Fire Chapter 7
Born Of Fire Chapter 8
Born Of Fire Chapter 9
Born Of Fire Glossary
Born Of Fire Chapter 10
Born Of Fire Chapter 11
Born Of Fire Chapter 12
Born Of Fire Chapter 13
Born Of Fire Chapter 14
Born Of Fire Chapter 15
Born Of Fire Chapter 16
Born of Fire Chapter 17
Born Of Fire Chapter 18
Born Of Fire Chapter 19
Born Of Fire Chapter 20
Born Of Fire Chapter 21
Born Of Fire Chapter 22
Born Of Fire Chapter 23
Born Of Fire Chapter 24
Born Of Fire Chapter 25
Born Of Fire Chapter 26
Born Of Fire Chapter 27
Born Of Fire Chapter 28
Born Of Fire Chapter 29
Born Of Fire Chapter 30
Born Of Fire Chapter 31
Born Of Fire Chapter 32
Born Of Fire Chapter 33
Born Of Fire Chapter 34
Born Of Fire Chapter 35
Born Of Fire Chapter 36
Born Of Fire Chapter 37
Born Of Fire Chapter 38
Born Of Fire Chapter 39
Born Of Fire Chapter 40
Born Of Fire Chapter 41
Born Of Fire Chapter 42
Born Of Fire Chapter 43
Born Of Fire Chapter 45
Born Of Fire Chapter 46
Born Of Fire Chapter 47
Born Of Fire Chapter 48
Born Of Fire Chapter 49
Born Of Fire Chapter 50
Born Of Fire Chapter 51
Born of Fire Chapter 52
Born Of Fire Chapter 53
Born Of Fire Chapter 54
Born Of Fire Chapter 55
Born Of Fire Chapter 56
Born Of Fire Chapter 57
Born Of Fire Chapter 58
Born Of Fire Chapter 59
Born Of Fire Chapter 60
Born Of Fire Chapter 61
Born Of Fire Chapter 62
Born Of Fire Chapter 63
Born Of Fire, Acknowledgements

Born Of Fire Chapter 44

45.7K 581 94
By GhostNinja

Hi everyone! I finished both Mw3, and Eragon: Inheritance! And both were awesome!!! I am a little angry at the developers of Mw3, considering that they killed my favorite character, but it was a great game nonetheless. And Inheritance was freaking amazing! LauraClark, you definately need to read it, like ASAP!

Okay, down to business! Since everyone is doing such a good job of voting, I am gonna up the challenge a bit. 60 votes, and I will upload straight away. I will upload in one week whether I hit that many or not, but I would rather upload tomorrow! Lol, I crack myself up sometimes...

Enjoy!!!!!

Phoenix laughed, a deep, throaty laugh, then once again, white streaks exploded behind his eyes, and he collapsed to the bed of leaves. The last the he saw was Lindani leaning over him, then he felt Spedro’s strong arms lifting him from the ground. Blackness overtook him, and he dropped into a deep slumber.

Phoenix awoke, a strange vibration running through his body. Sitting up, he noticed the light streaming in through the tent flap, and saw by the soft orange glow that it must be late in the evening. He had been unconscious a full night and day. He looked around briefly for his mate, but she was not there. The vibration was still running through his body, and he lay back down and closed his eyes, turning inward. The vibration felt as though it were emanating from the very marrow of his bones, and his mind was more aware. How this was, he did not know, it just was.

He felt around in his mind, sifting through the knowledge and memories stored there to find the source of this vibration when his attention was pulled to the outside of the tent. An ant hill just outside was alive with action, the ants within scurrying through the tunnels within with a fury akin to an army. He could feel when each separate foot of each separate ant touched the ground, and could track their movements through that.

The army of ants poured from their hill, and Phoenix’s attention was pulled to no more than twenty feet away, where another army of ants was advancing on the first. The two armies clashed together, and many ants fell, unmoving. For minutes Phoenix watched through his mind’s eye, imagining the battle between the two colonies.

Pulling his attention away from the battle, Phoenix shifted his mind through the earth, finding the footfalls of Lindani as she walked into his range of sense. He knew it was her by her weight, and he marveled at his new ability. She came to the camp, and sat by a fire with Spedro and Ember, dropping two small objects to the ground before seating herself.

Rising to his feet, he opened his eyes and strode out into the light, surprising the three around the fire. The scenery that surrounded the camp was not the same as before, and he deduced that they had moved camp while he slumbered, in case their attackers had left a spy that could tell their location. Spedro was the first to see him, and simply raised a questioning eyebrow. Phoenix nodded back, assuring his friend that he was fine.

Lindani turned to see what Spedro was looking at, and spied him standing in the waning sunlight, then jumped up and threw her arms around his neck, planting kisses on his jaw line. “How are you feeling? You worried me.”

Ember was next to rise, pulling her brother into a hug when Lindani released him. “Are you okay?”

“I am fine,” he said to them both. Addressing Spedro and Lindani then, he said, “The same happened last time. When I took the Piaslo’s element, I blacked out then too.”

Lindani nodded, grasping his hand and leading him to the fire. “Ember told us. That does not mean we were not to worry about you.”

Phoenix smiled, then turned to Spedro. “I have a problem my friend. Something has happened to me, and I do not know what to make of it.”

Spedro raised his eyebrow again, waiting for him to continue. “I can feel everyone who touches the earth within the camp. Lindani just returned, and dropped something on the ground. I did not hear it, but felt it in my bones.”

Spedro’s eyebrow did not come down, but his jaw did. “You are telling me that you can feel when we step?”

“Aye,” said Phoenix.

Lindani turned to Spedro, and the two spoke with their eyes, not a word escaping their lips. After a moment, Lindani rose. “Close your eyes Phoenix,” she said, and he complied.

After a moment her feet left the ground, and came down about thirty feet to his left. “Where is Lindani Phoenix?” asked Spedro.

Phoenix pointed to where he knew the woman was, and Lindani gasped. A moment passed, and her feet left the ground again, and did not reappear. “Where is she now?” Spedro queried.

Phoenix strained to feel her, but was unsuccessful. “I do not know.”

“We must test these limits Phoenix, then we will explain. Ember, would you please rise?” Spedro said, rising to his own feet.

She did, and Spedro whispered something in her ear, then both of their feet left his perception. Spedro moved silently to his right, while a rustle of leaves sounded, then Lindani came back behind him, and Ember moved to his left.

“Where are we all Phoenix?” asked Ember.

He pointed to them each, saying their names as he did so.

“You may open your eyes then,” Spedro said, moving back to sit across from him.

He did, and waited till they had all came back to the fire. It was then Phoenix noticed the objects Lindani had dropped had been two plump pheasants, and his stomach rumbled.

Lindani began to pluck the fowl, and Spedro turned to him. “What you are experiencing, is a technique that only comes with years of training as a Bachtalo. You can feel every movement upon the earth within a certain distance, and use it to your advantage. This is something that very few Bachtalay can do, as it requires years to master. For you to be able to do this so soon, it makes you very powerful indeed.”

Phoenix mulled this over, and after a moment spoke. “Can you do this?”

Spedro nodded. “I can. And I am better at it than most, but your range surpasses mine. I can only feel about ten feet from my own body in any given direction, while we tested you at fifty, and you were successful. I know of no other that has such range.”

Phoenix nodded, and fell deep into thought as he watched Lindani finish cleaning their meal, then place it on the spit.

Ember piped up then, breaking his train of thought. “She led them to us then?”

Perplexed, Phoenix asked her who she meant. “Cannit of course. Lindani tells us that you killed her just before Demetrius’ men attacked.”

“Ah. That she did little one. I knew we had been surrounded when I felt the water within the men’s bodies approach…”

Phoenix froze, and raised a hand, silencing Ember when she asked what was wrong. Straining, he tried again and again, the turned to Lindani’s water skin, and strained once more. Reaching his hand out toward it he tried until his face was red and he was short of breath. Finally, he dropped his hand and his head, unbelieving.

“Phoenix, what is it?” Lindani asked, kneeling by his side.

Phoenix kept his gaze on the ground, utterly lost. “The water in your bodies. I can no longer feel it. And the water in your water skin, it will not answer my call.”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.5K 870 124
(Completed! In edit phase!) For a long time, elemental magic has been widely known, used, and practiced. Elemental magic is based upon the four core...
821 251 16
Blaze, Frost, Crystal, Rocoka, Obsidian and Wonda are all teenagers that have the ability to make anything out of a specific element. They have so fa...
16.7K 1.1K 38
[SPOILER ALERT! This is the sequel to "Elementals". If you haven't read it, don't read further.] Following the events on the moon, our two...
175 16 8
Water Earth Fire Air For millennia, the four nations have lived in harmony, Araceli de possible by the Avatar... the one person with the ability...