Pen Pal Project [Alex Gaskart...

De TigerChick_

Fifteen year old Charlia has to do a class project. The project? Correspond to a pen pal. Thinking that it wo... Mais

Pen Pal Project
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One

Chapter Six

4.5K 133 36
De TigerChick_

January 24th

The past month had been hectic. I still sent a letter to Alex, even after I found out who he was, but it gave me more questions to ask him.

My court case was going well against Casey and Everett. There were still complications which I'd asked not to be informed of unless absolutely necessary. I was dealing with the kids at school as well as the fact that my biological father was fighting to get me back.

But Rosie was putting up a good fight for me and I was adamant that I don't go back. And today helped our case, because I was sixteen. Which meant that today was also the day of the All Time Low show.

I'd written my letter to Alex, but I was going to give it to him in person. I wanted to show him who I really was and I figured that this was the best way. My letter wasn't due for another three days, but I was bringing his letter with me as well, incase he didn't believe me.

Rosie had told me that I didn't have to go into school today, for which I was grateful. The exam resits were today, and that meant that the kids had more chances to attack me because the teachers weren't as focused.

"C'mon Charlia!" Rosie yelled and I ran down the stairs, clutching the tickets. Jake was meeting us at the venue and Rosie was picking us both up afterwards.

"You got the letters?"

"Check!"

"Tickets?"

"Check!"

"Passes?"

"Check, check!" I yelled and she laughed. It was only ten am, but apparently, Rosie had a surprise waiting for me, so I didn't argue.

The drive was usually long and boring, but Rosie had gotten a copy of Dirty Work, and so we were listening to it as she drove to Birmingham. It was a nice change and I fet the excitement build up. I didn't know what to do with myself.

Once we got there, there were already fans who were queuing up. I spotted Jake easily.

I bolted for him and he picked me up, swinging me around as he yelled 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY' in my ear.

"I'm so excited, like, oh my god." I squealed and he laughed as Rosie finally caught up with us and went to the venue doors, buzzing through.

"Hello?" The voice came through the system and I raised an eyebrow at Jake who just shrugged.

"Hi there, I'm Rosie Chasky. I arranged with the venue manager to come in early with the kids?"

"Oh! Just come on through." We followed Rosie into the building and I was quite grateful. It was warmer in here than it was out there.

"Hi there!" This guy who looked to be in his twenties came out of the booth. "So you're Rosie, which means you're Charlia and you must be Jake?" He pointed to each of us in turn and I just nodded. "Cool. By the way Charlia, happy birthday." He grinned. "Now if you'd like to follow me."

We did and Rosie called out that she'd see us later. This left me in more confusion, but I simply waved to her and continued to follow the guy.

"My name's Kevin by the way. I'm manager of this place and Rosie phoned up and explained a lot of things. So I figured that we should be able to give you a rockin' birthday gift." I grinned briefly as my eyes searched the empty venue, the instruments set up on stage, causing my heart to beat a little bit faster.

We went through another door which led into a maze of corridors, but eventually, we came to stop outside of one which had a sign labelled 'All Time Low dressing room'.

My heart stopped.

Kevin didn't pause and knocked on the door before opening it. A familiar yet unfamiliar voice drifted through to me.

"Yo, Kev my main man!"

"Yo Gaskarth. Did Flyzik get my email?"

"Yeah, I did." Another voice piped up. "Is she with you?" I assumed that he nodded because he came back out and beckoned us both in.

"All Time Low, this is Charlia and Jake. Charlia and Jake, this is All Time Low. Guys, don't lose 'em. It's Charlia's birthday today." At this, my cheeks flushed and I bit my bottom lip to hide my smile.

Kevin left us and it was awkward for all of five seconds until I let out a burp, and this caused everyone to start laughing.

"Well that's one way to break the ice." Rian commented and I grinned.

"Sorry, I'm really excited and nervous. It's weird meeting the band who are like, helping me through a rough patch." I shrugged and Jake nudged me.

"It's more than a rough patch. You're going to hell and back practically." He teased and I rolled my eyes.

"Do you guys want a seat?" Alex offered and I took the space next to him whilst Jake took the one next to Jack. "So how old are you today, then?" He questioned and I grinned at him.

"Sixteen. It's the best Christmas and birthday present I've had in a long time." At this, the guys all laughed and Jake struck up a conversation with Jack and Zack, whilst Rian moved over to where me and Alex were.

"So, I kinda have a letter for you, Alex. It's not a fan letter. It's a correspondance letter, if that makes any sense?" He frowned for a moment before giving a non commital shrug. I gave him the letter and his eyes swept over the words easily.

"So who's your buddy then?" Rian asked and I grinned.

"That's Jake. He's basically my big brother, but we're not related."

"Best friend?"

"You could say that... He's known me since I was a baby. We grew up together."

"Cool, next door neighbours or?"

"Nah, we live in the same orphanage, but he's at Uni." I shrugged and a look of shock crossed Rian's features momentarily before he smiled.

"I think it's awesome that you're here." And then I heard the gasp that I'd been waiting for.

"Charlia? As in, my Charlia who's going through two courtcases?" I nodded my head with a weak smile. "What did you get me for Christmas?"

"Easy. A wand, the Collectors edition of the Harry Potter books and I got the dogs some treats."

My sentence had barely finished when he pulled me into a hug. I quickly adjusted myself so I was more comfortable, hiding my face in his shoulder as all the emotions built up and I let out a breathless giggle.

"I'm finally giving you that hug you wanted." He murmured and I let out a sniff, which caused him to pull back. The traitorous tears were already rolling down my face, and he was quick to wipe them away with his thumbs. "Hey, hey. No need for tears Charlia."

"I'm happy, I swear. I'm just, I just, glad that I could meet you and-" I didn't know what ese to say, so I settled for falling silent, giving him a watery smile. He simply pulled me in for another hug and I returned it, letting my eyes close momentarily. "Thank you." I murmured and he just held me that little bit tighter.

I felt safe.

"So, how's your birthday so far kiddo?" He asked once we'd let go of each other.

"Well, it's pretty awesome. And thank you for my Christmas presents by the way. The lyrics are on my wall and the audio books are on my iPod." I grinned and he laughed.

The guys all went and did their own thing. Jack and Rian had an interview. Zack was happy to teach Jake some bass and so Alex stole me away from the guys and we hid in the dressing room, listening to the Harry Potter audio's whilst lay on the floor.

"Y'know, you've been such a rock of support to me lately."

"That reminds me, how's school?" I grimaced. "That bad?" I just nodded and he sighed.

"They can be such dicks, I should know, I used to be one of them." He teased and I giggled softly.

"I don't want this day to end. It's too good to be true."

"Hey, I'll see you again after this. I promise. I care about you too much to just leave you by yourself." He teased me once more and nudged my side. This made me chuckle as he got up from the floor and rumaged around through a rucksack before pulling out a piece of paper.

He handed it to me as he lay back down.

"Read it."

'Dear Matthew,

I understand and appreciate Alex's concern for Charlia. However, I can't just sign her off when she's so close to her exams, you must understand that. However, upon reviewing the date of her birthday show and the days after, I can agree to letting her stay with the guys for the weekend, as long as you return to the house on the Sunday evening so that she can get to School on the Monday.

I'll forward on our address, though I'm very certain that Alex already has it.

Regards,

Rosie.'

I re-read the letter twice before turning to Alex.

"Seriously?"

"It's up to you kiddo."

"Best birthday present ever." I grinned at him and he laughed loudly before standing up and pulling me up. I grabbed my iPod and paused the chapter before he pulled me out of the dressing room and his phone was in his free hand.

"Hey Rosie, she said yes. Really? Sure. We'll be out back." At this, he changed course and I laughed. One of the tour photographers caught a snap shot of it and I waved before we reached the back entrance.

We waited for twenty minutes before Rosie arrived with a bag which was no doubt holding my overnight stuff.

"Wait, where are my clothes?" I questioned, raising an eyebrow and she grinned.

"Ask Alex. Have a wonderful weekend and I'll see you on  Sunday." I was left completely confused and Alex coughed awkwardly.

"Well um-"

"What did she mean?" At this, he smiled sheepishly.

"Well, as a part of your birthday present, I'm giving you some stuff from my clothing range and so is Jack and Zack." He admitted sheepishly and I rolled my eyes before hugging him.

"That's fine. Now can we go and drop this stuff off?"

"Nah, Danny will take it when he goes back out before the show. If we go out there now, I'll get mauled." At this, I had to laugh.

It wasn't forced, it was natural.

And it was the most happiest I'd felt in years.

Alex turned into a big kid, and threw me over his shoulders, my hands still clutching my stuff as he ran through the venue excitedly.

"I have a plan for you!"

"And what would that be?"

"To make you a star." I laughed as I slapped his back. It was truly the best birthday so far.

dedicated to BehindThesePandaEyes because i love some of her work and she's a complete cutie.

i hope it's okay, love you guys

vote & comment!

peace, love n tiger stuff xo

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

9.2K 298 51
What does she have that I don't? Alex tried to talk to me, but I ignored him and walked off. "Good luck man, when she's pissed, she doesn't stop bei...
What is Home De Ashley Rose

Ficção Adolescente

105K 2.6K 65
Some people are born into a home that was made for them, others have to spend years fighting for their place in this world. Charlee spent sixteen ye...
10.9K 488 28
-COMPLETED- - trigger warnings in first chapter "Let's get to my house, we need to get you warm," he says. I look at him, and he's soaking wet. He's...
25.1K 813 36
Previously titled: Never Gonna Let You Go This is an adoption fic. I am going to do my best to avoid clichés at all costs, but who knows how well tha...