After So Long

By DaniaVianney

"Don't touch me!" "Listen to me for one second, please." He says grabbing both of my wrist this time. "Let me... More

Authors Note
Untitled Part 1
Untitled Part 2
Untitled Part 3
Untitled Part 4
Untitled Part 5
Untitled Part 6
Untitled Part 7
Untitled Part 9
Untitled Part 10
Untitled Part 11
Untitled Part 12
Untitled Part 13
Untitled Part 14
Untitled Part 15
Untitled Part 16

Untitled Part 8

37 2 0
By DaniaVianney

Damn this pain. I slowly open my eyes so they can adjust to the light even though its dim in this room that smells like Japanese Blossoms. Japanese Blossoms. Shit I'm in Aury's room. When did I get here? Why don't I remember anything? Fuck. My head hurts. I need to find her. I try to push myself off the bed but a pang of discomfort in my back stops me from doing so. Damn it Aury where are you?

As if on cue, this magical angel steps in wearing white shorts with a white tank top and golden hair around her shoulders. Am i in heaven?

She looks at me and slightly jumps back almost spilling the water in the--too small-- glass cup. I notice she has some aspirin in her other hand and smiles wryly at me.

My angel is none other than Aury Beato, who always seems to show up at the right time. God, thank you for sending her down my path.

"Good morning sleepy head. How'ya feeling?" She hands me the items in her hand and i gratefully pop the pills in my mouth and gulp down the water.

"Like a million bucks." I mutter and rest my head against the tufted headboard.

"I bet." A small smile crosses her lips before her eyebrows furrow.

"What is it?" I ask knowing that look.

She sighs. "I was worried about you. You gave my dad and I one helluva scare."

I close my eyes feeling the aspirin kicking in. "What do you mean?" Im confused as ever.

"Well its been two days and you wouldn't wake up. My dad was going to take you to the hospital today, but I know how you are when it comes to your mom.." She rambled on and on but I couldn't seem to pay attention except for the part where ive been here for 2 days unconscious.

"Why am I here again? And why was I unconscious?" I ask her as if she knows the answer to my question. Maybe she does.

"You tell me." Nope. She doesn't know. "What happened for you to come running half conscious into the café at 12am?" She looks at me as if I know the answer to her question. Funny thing is that unlike her, I do. Except I dont remember quite this instant.

I let out an exasperated sigh. God I'm really tired. "I dont know Aury, I cant remember." 

I push myself up the headboard and catch a glimpse of a little purple dot under my right arm. The more I stare at it the more visible it appears and my heart nearly stops beating. Bruise. I turn my arm and glance at my other arm. My eyes go wide. Bruises everywhere.

I pull the sheets off of me and make my way to her mirror on the door, ignoring the pain in my whole body.

"Gia wait," she says trying to stop me but Im already standing infront of it, staring at my reflection.
I gasp and cover my mouth with my hand. This cant be real.

There's bruises on my legs, my arms, my face . All of the sudden flashbacks come rushing in like a roller coaster.
...

You could at least be thankful that i'm okay!

Thankful? I would be thankful once you actually get the fuck out of my life!

All you've done is cause trouble all your damn life.

I would've been grateful, if you'd actually died right then and there, then i wouldn't have to worry about you no more.

Ever since Jeremiah left, everything fucked up and its all because of you.

What is this?

"What about dad huh? Why did he leave? Was it because he stopped loving you when he realized how big of a--" I stopped myself before anything could come out of my lips, but only because a sting came from my right cheek making me stumble back.

She hit me again.

I look up but as quickly as i do i'm facing the floor, this time my other cheek stinging. I try to balance myself but then i feel a sharp pain in my back as a whip smacks against my skin.
..

Im brought back from my daze when i feel Aury lay a hand on my shoulder, making me jump from the sudden sting i feel there.

Oh my god, the whip.

I quickly turn around and lift up my shirt so i can see my back and much to my horror, it's all covered with big red slashes and deep cuts. I hadn't noticed when my breathing had increased until Aury swore under her breath, made me promise not to break anything, and bolted from the room to retrieve something from her workout room. She better come back quick because i dont think i can keep that promise much longer.

She finally comes back after what feels like hours and her eyes widen when i have her lamp in the air ready to smash it on the ground. She rushes to me before i can do what i had planned and rests a big punching bag infront of me while she stands behind it holding it up. I don't hold back.

I punch the bag like there's no tomorrow. I feel bad for the bag but more for Aury that seems to be having trouble holding it up from the blows im delivering. As much as my body hurts--which im sure the cuts are opening back up from the force im making-- i need to release this anger. Id rather be in pain then angry, just because its not pretty when i get mad. I cant believe she did this. I cant believe i let this happen. Why does she hate me so much?

I always try to remember the good memories i used to have with her, but they seem to vanish as bad memories end up replacing them. As much as I've tried to remember having a bond with her, it never happens. Or maybe its because of this shit memory i have. Its been 3 years and i still can't seem to remember anything.

When i went back to school that fall for freshman year, so many people came up to me saying they were worried about me and that they were glad nothing too bad had happened to me. Maybe to them it seemed like nothing but to me it meant everything. It meant having to act as if i remembered everyone when in reality i didnt know anyone. It meant that i would probably spend the next few years or maybe even more trying to remember that part of me thats missing. It meant that i would be here right now punching this bag from the anger i have against the woman that beat me. The anger i have against the world. The anger i have against myself.

Till this day i still dont remember more than half of the people that claim to be 'my friends'. I just go along with what they say because what other choice do i have? Nobody knew about my memory loss during that time except when Trevor caught me in a lie. I felt so bad that i had been lying that i couldnt handle the waterworks so he cradled me in his arms and i let him even if he too was a stranger to me in that time. Hes the only one of my friends that i remembered, besides Sofia and Aldama.

I hadnt cried so much in my life that i vowed id never do it again. And i never shed a tear for 3 years straight. That is until 2 nights ago. Now i remember running like a criminal runs away from the cops. Bagging at the door of the café like a frantic escapee trying to hide so they wont get caught. Immediately sobbing in the warm arms of my best friend like a school girl that just went through a tough break-up with the love of her life.

But neither of those were the reasons i had cried. The blame for that is the lady that gave birth to me and basically disowned me. No. If there's any disowning going on here it would be me disowning her. As of right now, i don't have a mother and to be honest, it doesn't really bother me now that i think about it. Im 18, i have a decent job, i get paid good. Ill just rent me an apartment. Yeah, thats what I'll do and then ill just have Sofia move in with me. Fuck my moms consent, im not leaving Sofia there with her. Shit, Sofia! She must be worried sick. Ill need to give her a call, or maybe Aury already called her to let her know where im at.

By now i have stopped punching the bag and stand in the middle of the room breathing hard while Aury drops the bag to the ground and hands me a water bottle. I drink it in less than ten seconds. My sweat stings the reopened wounds, but my anger has vanished for the most part. Aury brings me two towels and some clothes and tells me to go take a shower.

And so thats what i do. I head to her bathroom and undress from the clothes im wearing but stop when i realize they're not mine. Oh, Aury. I step in the shower and turn on the freezing water and stand there letting it wash my sorrows away. The water pulse soothes my back and once the water runs clear instead of red, i begin to wash my hair and then move on to my body. I turn the water to warm and then scorching hot. Rinsing my hair and body i reach to turn the water off and reach out for the towels.

I get done dressing myself and step out into Aury's room when the smell of food hits me. Sure enough, Aury has two plates of food laying out on the bed, along with 2 glasses of apple juice. My feet are walking towards the bed at the sight of waffles. I love waffles. I sit down, smile at Aury and dig into my food since im famished.

"Chill Gianna, theres plenty of food if you want more." She stifles a laugh when i shove my third waffle into my mouth.

"Im hungry!" I say with a mouthful of waffle and Aury scowls at me playfully.

We sit there in silence eating away our breakfast when Aury is the first to speak.

"Everyone has been asking about you at school for the last 2 days." She says looking up at me.

"Who's everyone?" I nonchalantly say.

"You know, the crew, Yaneth and Noely," she hesitates, "Cristiano and Bernardo.." I look up at her at the mention of the last two names.

"Cristiano and Bernardo?" I ask as the wind is knocked out of me. "They were asking about me? They dont even know my name! How do they even know i talk to you?"

She hold her hands up indicating for me to chill out. How can i be chill when the two guys that held me captive are asking about me when they dont even know me!

"All the crew was huddled around me asking about you and those two came rushing in at the mention of your name. They seemed pretty worried about you. I didnt know you knew them?" I dont like the way she's looking at me with that smirk of hers.

I blink at her. "Thats because i dont know them and stop looking at me like that. How did they hear you talking about me? Ears of a hawk or something?"

"More like they're in our Team Sports class." She wiggles her eyebrows. I can sense she's not telling me something.

I sigh. "What other classes?" I just hope it's not the ones i have.

"Maybe art, my music class, karate, cooking.." she rambles on mentioning almost every class i have.

I think im going to be sick. "This cant be happening." I rub my face with my hands.

"Why are you so upset about it? You shouldn't worry about it if you dont know them." She grabs her glass of juice and takes a sip.

"Im not upset." I huff. Im just weirded out that two incredibly hot guys were asking about me when they dont even know me. Omg did i just say that? Gianna what is wrong with you?!

"Okay, enough fooling around. Lets get down to business." She rubs her hands together and grins at me like a mad woman. Oh no, not the Aury Inquisition. I take a drink of my juice to get my mind ready for everything she's about to unleash at me.

"I heard you had history with Bernardo. What's up with that?" I spit out my juice. Out of everything i was expecting her to say, that was not one of them.

"What! Are you crazy! Who said that?" My mind is racing. Why would someone say that? Who made that ridiculous rumor up?

"Hey im not the crazy one here, im just saying what i heard. It wasn't just one person who said it, alot of people did. More like almost the whole school. Something about y'all being the cutest couple back then. Ring a bell?" She pushes.

"Aury, no! I barely met the guy two days ago. I cant possibly have history with him. Maybe everyone's got it twisted and confused me with someone else." Right? That's gotta be what happened. Me having something with someone like him? Yeah, right.

"I don't know G, but everyone was pretty happy about his return, Cristiano's too. Maybe you just don't remember them?" How would i not remember a pair of guys like them. They're extremely hot- no, no they're not. God, why am i put under such circumstances.

"No, i definitely dont know them. I barely met them two days ago at their house." I say before i can stop myself. Dammit! Aury stares at me in shock.

"Their house? And what were you doing there?" The tone in her voice tells me she's not going to leave me alone until i tell her. Sigh. Might as well...

I tell her from the beginning to the end. How i was unconscious from the gas at school and Cristiano took me to his house. How he chased me around like a mad man after i hit him in his crotch. How i passed out again and threatened to use my karate skills if they didn't leave me alone. Then how they insisted on taking me home and basically knew the way there.

Hmm, now that i think of it, how would they know where i live if they didnt know me? Does that mean they do? But i didnt give them my name during that time, they barely found out when they heard about me.

Coincidence? No, i don't believe in those.

She's laughing way too hard right now and i cant help but smile at the memory of me threatening Cristiano and Bernardo laughing along with me. Hmm...Bernardo. Did we really have something back then? No, he would never date someone like me. He's way out of my league, all beautiful and what not. Omg Gianna, will you stop daydreaming about him? You have Michael to worry about.

Michael.

"Hey have you heard from Michael?" I ask worried that i havent heard from him since i went unconscious 3 days ago.

"Psh, Michael." She face twists with disgust.

"Why do you say it like that? I know you don't like him but he's my boyfriend and you should respect that. I care about him." I really do.

"By the looks of it he doesn't care about you." She mumbles.

"Excuse me?" Im a little bit offended right now.

"You heard me, i didnt studder. If he actually did he would be here right now or at least looking for you but is he? No. Gianna, you have two strangers worried about you, more than Michael ever has." She picks up our empty plates and glasses and heads to the door.

My mouth is wide open and i cant seem to close it back up. Did she really just say that? Dammit why does she always have to be so blunt. I hate it because its sort of true.

"Aury Cristina Beato dont you walk out that door!" I yell as she walks out the door.

"Too late!" She yells down the hall.

I stand up and walk out, following her into the kitchen. "Im not done talking to you! How dare you leave me in the middle of our convo!" I glare at her trying to get mad but im failing.

"Well im done and will you keep it down? My dad is sleeping and it isnt for another 2 hours until he needs to wake up." She puts the dishes into the dishwasher and goes to the refrigerator.

"What are you doing?" I ask as she pulls out different items and puts them on the center counter.

"Im making my lunch, duh. I still have school Gianna, its only Thursday." She says matter-of-factly. 

"Thursday? Shit, im so behind! What time is it?" I ask looking around for her kitchen clock.

"Ten till eight." She says as she prepares some sandwiches. Ugh, I hate when people tell time like that.

"Oh my god, im not going to have time to go home and change." Im panicking, because im going to be late to school and because i dont want to go back to my house- the house.

"Oh no, you're not going to school. You're still injured and barely recovering. Sorry kid." She goes back to the refrigerator.

"Well I dont care, I'm going and you nor anybody can stop me from doing so." I cross my arms and stand my ground, ready to play stubborn. It tends to go on forever with Aury but I dont care, I'm going to win this.

"Fine, whatever. Dont say I didn't worn you." She packs fruit and some snacks in her lunchbox. What? No putting up a fight? It was that easy?

"What?" She asks looking at me weird. Probably because I'm looking at her like a crazy person.

"No fight? No 'You're not winning this Gianna' No nothing?" I Kind of wanted her to argue, not let me win that easy.

"You've been through enough the past 3 days Gia, the least I want to do is fight with you. Im just worried about you, that's it." She sighs.

Great. Now I feel like a jerk.

"Im sorry Aury, I just got a little worked up over what you said about Michael. Im overwhelmed with everything that's going on and I'm still kind of in pain. Forgive me?" I grab her hands and hold them in mine. She hates cheesy.

"Yeah fine I forgive you. Im not taking back what I said though so you can forget about that." She snatches her hands away and laughs as she makes her way back to her room. Shit, I was hoping for her to take it back. 

"Im leaving in fifteen if you wanna catch a ride with me!" She yells.

She's good. Man she's good at dodging conversations. I barely have time to get dressed. And I dont have any clothes. Great. I should've just listened to her. Now I need to borrow her clothes again.

I walk back to her room and find a blue 'PINK'  sweatshirt and some gray joggers with a tiny note beside them.

-Taking a shower, wont be long. Figured you'd need another pair of clothes, lol. Hope you like what I picked out. Help yourself with whatever else you need. You know where the cosmetics and everything is at. Oh and I washed your clothes and shoes. They had a little bit of blood, heh. They're to your right on the chair .

                  -Xo

I look over to my right and just like she wrote down, my clothes and shoes lay there. Tears prickle my eyes but I blink them away. This time I'm sticking to my promise. No more tears. My heart swells up at the enormous gesture that Aury did. Oh, what would I do without her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5M 90.5K 57
We was just a few girl's who thought it would be amazing to spend several month's in Italy after college graduation. One last major bash before reali...
20.6K 696 36
I kept on moving back and he kept walking closer till my back touched the lockers. He trapped me in between his huge hands and I closed my eyes facin...
53.8K 1.3K 41
"It's too dangerous." He placed his calloused hand on my hip and pulled me so our faces were mere inches apart. "I would ruin you, and you wouldn't e...
212K 3.9K 31
✓ COMPLETED ✓ Started: 2nd NOV 2020 Finished: 23th AUG 2021 EDITING! I could feel his gaze on me as my hands slowly reached to the blood coming out...