Disconnected / h.s.

By BritishBums

unknown : is this norma unknown : ?? Me : tf this is natalie who u be More

blurb
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty seven
thirty eight
epilogue
SECOND BOOK !

thirty six

19.7K 1.1K 1K
By BritishBums

A/N: sorry if there are any typos in advance :/

- mia

.

_________________________________

.

- Alex -

.

.

I groaned, waking up from my slumber as I found Niall sprawled on the floor beside me.

Laughing at the memories from last night, from Niall actually dancing, to the time he played some guitar for everyone, basically he was the life of the party.

Honestly, my birthday wouldn't have come to be without him.

It was funny to think about it, actually.

We were such different people back in high school, even though it was just about a year ago when we graduated.

Smiling, I poked at his cheek, his face was smushed into the floor seeing he was face down.

To think about it now, when I first met Niall, he was really annoying. I mean it wasn't surprising, I genuinely found everyone annoying back then except for a few people I held close to me.

"Alex?" He grumbled, not bothering to open his eyes.

I looked around at the trashed frat house, a few other people laying around as well.

"Hey." I mumbled, glancing at the clock. "Want to get breakfast? Maybe some Denny's?"

His eyes opened at the mention, making me snicker.

I tried to look around the room for Natalie, but then realized she wasn't here.

"Did Natalie leave last night?" I asked.

"Yeah, I think that guy took her back to the dorms, what's his name again? Zach?"

"Zayn, Niall. His name is Zayn."

"Oh, well it's easy to get confused. He's a good looking bloke, isn't he?"

"Natalie hated him at first, you know? Actually, like.. Despised every fiber in him."

"Then why is she with him then? Honestly, it bothers me." Niall mumbled. "I was really rooting for them, you know.. Nat and Harry."

"Me too." I sighed. "But she seems happy with Zayn.." My voice trailed.

I couldn't help but think this was partly my fault for maybe giving Natalie the wrong idea.

"I know Natalie. She's faking, you could see it, can't you? Or am I the only one?" He furrowed his eyebrows.

I got to my feet, running my fingers through my blue hair before holding a hand out to help him up as well.

"I don't know. She seemed fine the past three months or so, until yesterday. She was just acting so weird."

"Come on, let's go get that breakfast. We've got some catching up to do anyway." He rose an eyebrow, pulling a small smile.

I nodded, playfully linking my arm with his. "I'm driving, because I'm the most sober."

"Whatever you say, Alex." He chuckled, as we had weaved our way through the house and left.

.

.

Now that he brought it up, I couldn't stop thinking about it.

How much Natalie might have been suffering, and Harry too.

They were so.. In love, it couldn't have been that easy for them to fall out of it.

All that was heard was the clatter of spoons and forks on breakfast platters until he spoke up.

"We've got to get them back together." Niall said slowly as he chewed his food.

"What? That's insane. We can't just get them back together, because it's.. Impossible."

"It isn't that impossible, I mean we can manage it ourselves. Get him to fly here to meet me, but we'll set them up, I don't know." He shrugged.

"This is wrong." I groaned, closing my eyes. "Natalie will hate me."

"She'll thank us." He grinned.

"No, she will most definitely hate me. And Zayn will hate me too."

Niall sighed. "Look, I just want them happy again. I'm not stupid, I mean I can see how she's suffering. I don't know, this could be like a favor for the both of them or something. And even if they don't get back together, it could be closure for the both of them if they really want to go separate ways."

Slightly narrowing my eyes, I took a bite of my pancakes.

"So are you in or not?" He smiled, wiggling his eyebrows playfully. "Come on, I go back home in three days. We might as well make the most of it while I'm still here."

I sat there in silence, just staring at him as I ate from my plate. "I don't know, Niall. It's just a bit.. Sketchy. It's like putting two lions in a cage."

"And your point is?" He shrugged. "Come on, Alex. This could actually work." He smiled. "We're not really doing anything, we're kind of just giving them a tiny, little nudge, I guess."

Sighing, I stared at him, shaking my head. If setting them up to meet behind their backs was a tiny, little nudge to Niall, I had no idea what.

This boy had no chill, none at all.

I couldn't even believe I was slightly considering this.. But maybe he's right.

It's only right for them to either have closure or continue where they had left off.

"Alright, then. If this plan, were to happen perhaps.. What are we going to do?" I breathed out, as he grinned excitedly, blue eyes lighting up.

.

.

- Harry -

.

I decided to leave work early, only because my mind was somewhere else ever since I officially spoke to Natalie again, after everything that's been going on.

I had to be alone, and I made it clear to Louis that I really did need some time to bask in what had just occurred.

I stare up at the afternoon skies, sighing as I had casually stuffed my hands into my pocket.

Nearly jumping, my phone buzzes again and for a second, I'm almost scared to death, thinking it was Natalie again.

Instead I let out a breath of relief, but immediately I'm confused when I see Niall's name pop up on the screen.

Thinking about it now, I actually missed the lad, all the fun times we had back then.

Picking it up, I tried to sound happy. Emphasis on tried.

"Hey, Niall!" I exclaimed.

"Maaate! How are you? Everything good there in London?"

Does he even know about the breakup? Or at least what I thought was a breakup? Did I have to bring it up for the thousandth time? Hopefully not.

"Yeah! Of course, everything's alright. What about you?" I tried to be as blunt as possible, only because I wanted to avoid any questions about Natalie.

I'm walking down the street, trying to remember where I parked my car, fumbling with my keys.

"I hear cars." Niall said, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah you do. I'm on a street." I chuckled.

"And yeah, I said I was okay. And I visited Alex."

"It was her birthday yesterday.. I think."

"Yeah, it was. And her best friend was there too." He was obviously waiting for me to bite onto the bait and talk about Natalie.

"Really?" I sighed, finally spotting the black volvo parked almost a block away from the coffee place.

"Yeah! You know.."

"I know Natalie, Niall." I laughed slightly.

Getting into the car, I carelessly shoved the keys into the ignition.

"Yeah, so what's going on with you two?"

"Well, we aren't together anymore if you didn't already know." I said slowly, saddened at the sound.

"Oh, I heard. I just wanted to hear it come from you, you know? You're one of my best friends, and I trust you and everything."

"Yeah, same with you, mate."

My phone vibrated as soon as Niall was going to say something else, sighing.

Glancing down at the screen and driving into the main road as I did, I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Hey, Har you still there?"

"Yeah, uh.. Sorry. I have to go." I quickly said.

I couldn't process what I was reading yet again.

This felt like a dream, all of it.

Was Natalie really texting me? Or would I wake up brokenhearted again?

.

Natalie : I'm so sorry. I really am.

.

.

***

.

- Natalie -

.

I had been waiting in anticipation for my phone to buzz, I kept checking it every few minutes or so if I missed anything, but Harry still hasn't replied.

Maybe he was still working a shift? Or maybe he didn't see my text? There had to be so many possibilities.

Yeah, or he's just ignoring you. My inner conscience spoke.

It's seriously been hours, I didn't know how many though.

I sure hope not. I would feel sort of.. Humiliated in a way.

I was still sat on the kitchen floor, leaned on the dishwasher.

God, the things I let Harry do to me.. This clearly wasn't healthy, feeling this sad all the time.

My phone rings, and I immediately pick it up, only to see it was Zayn.

Sighing, I picked it up anyway.

I press the phone to my ear, waiting for him to speak up.

"I'm so fucking sorry, Natalie."

I didn't reply, feeling the tears slowly coming right back again.

"They were one of the only things I had left of him." I murmured.

God, why was I talking like he was dead? This is exactly why I shouldn't have let him take over my life like this.. Then again I was just really grateful.

But besides the old ipod he had given me during the summer, I think that was about it. Oh, and all the memories.

"I really am sorry, Natalie. Look, I'll give you your space, okay? I understand if you're still angry with me, I would be too."

"Okay." I breathed out, quickly hanging up and sliding my phone to my side.

Staring out for awhile, I once again reach for my phone immediately once it buzzes twice.

I look at my bright screen, furrowing my eyebrows in confusion.

.

Harry : Hey, it's Louis. Uh, I know it's been like three hours ever since you last texted, but something happened. Could I call you?

Please?

.

Hesitantly, my finger tip hovers over the call button, that is until Louis instantly calls first.

I answer it just as quickly, pursing my lips.

"Natalie?"

"Hey, Louis. Is everything okay? Why are you on his phone?"

"I.. S-something bad happened." He replied slowly, and softly.

"Okay.. I can understand if he doesn't want to talk to me, but I--"

"No, no it isn't that Natalie. He.. He got into a pretty bad accident, and he was rushed to the hospital, we--"

"What? What are you talking about?" I immediatiely panicked, my voice coming out louder than expected.

"I don't know what happened, Nat. I just got a call from Anne, who said she got a call from the hospital, and.. I just don't know how to tell you this."

"Please tell me he's okay, Louis. It couldn't have been--"

"It was.. Bad, Natalie. I don't know how it happened, I was with him a few h-hours before it must have happened--"

Warm tears helplessly stream down my face, as I shakily gripped my phone.

"No.. No, you're lying to me." I cried. "He's fine, please just tell me he's okay--"

"I'll keep you posted as soon as I get to a doctor or a nurse, okay? I'm really, really sorry Natalie. I am."

I remained silent, choking out tears, as I held a hand to my mouth.

"The last thing I told him was that I was sorry." I murmured.

"The last thing he saw was that text." He spoke lowly.

"What?"

"Once they retrieved the phone, it was still alright, the screen cracked and all, but it was an uncompleted text saved. He was going to say I love you."

"This was all my fault." I whispered. "It's my fault, Louis." My eyesight blurred from the tears.

"Natalie, stop it. Harry wouldn't want you blaming yourself for this. It isn't your fault, at all, okay?"

"Do you know how he is, at all?" I asked shakily.

"No.. No, and I'm really sorry.''

The phone dropped from my shaky grasp as I buried my face into my hands, crying hard until the lump in my throat grew, and my heart sunk, dropping to the pit in my stomach.

.

.

.

________________________________

.

.

A/N:

.

WHAT EVEN JUST HAPPENED

HOLY FRICKCKC

VOTE AND COMMENT BTW GUYS (IT'S REALLY LATE WHERE I LIVE, SO SORRY BC TIMEZONES AND IDK WHO'S READING OR NOT READING BUT YEAH)

.

- Mia x

.

.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 56.6K 103
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
539K 8.4K 85
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
12.2K 254 12
"𝐏𝐮𝐭 𝐨𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐝𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐞𝐬" Bomnot, the town where teens are not free to dance. However, the arrival of the new kid in town shak...
218K 7.4K 49
"Who are you?" She stopped just when her hand made contact with the door knob. "Alpha Isabel Martinez" she replied in a voice that wasn't hers. Dylan...