The First Warrior (Peter Peve...

De taartjexxxxx

She has given her word to keep them safe. But would she go as far as to give up her life? And what does Aslan... Mais

*Author's Note*
Chapter 1: Miranda.
Chapter 2: In Which The Story Really Begins.
Chapter 3: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.
Chapter 4: What Happened In Between.
Chapter 5: 12 Years Later.
Chapter 6: The Day After. The Year Later.
Chapter 7: A Prince And A Warrior.
Chapter 8: Two Kings and Two Queens.
Chapter 9: Rude Awakenings.
Chapter 10: A Plan?
Chapter 11: The Raid.
Chapter 12: Anger, Sorrow, and Temptation.
Chapter 13: Forgiveness and Healing.
Chapter 14: "Fight Like Never Before"
Chapter 15: Deadly Choice.
Chapter 16: Memories and a Coronation.
Chapter 17: Good-bye to Narnia.
Chapter 18: New Beginnings.
Chapter 19: Reunited.
Chapter 20: Mending.
Chapter 21: Christmas Tidings.
Chapter 22: Months Pass On. Then Tragedy.
Chapter 23: Time Goes On.
Chapter 24: They are Always Fulfilled.
Chapter 26: A Little Bit Longer.
Chapter 27: The Final Battle of the Warrior.
Chapter 28: This is Home. Final Chapter.
*Authors Note*

Chapter 25: No Need to Say Good-Bye.

10.2K 314 152
De taartjexxxxx

No Need to Say Good-Bye.

It was not the thing they had expected to happen. It was the last thing on anyone's mind.

The second Edmund and Lucy entered the hospital, they had a feeling that something was wrong. Peter was sitting in one of the hospital chairs, a large box by his side. He didn't glance up when they came up.

"Well, what did Miranda want us for?" Lucy asked.

Peter looked up. His eyes were red, as if he had been crying.

"She wanted to see you both one last time," he managed to choke out.

Edmund froze.

"No. NO!" he shouted.

"It was only a few moments ago Ed. She told me to tell you that were the wisest king and greatest friend to her." Peter turned to Lucy. "And she instructed me to let you know that it was your valiance that made her courageous."

Tears streamed down both of their faces.

"Did she suffer?" Lucy asked between her sobs.

"She had some pain, but it wasn't bad," Peter said hoursely. "Her heart rate dropped too fast, and then it just kept slowing down."

At that moment, he broke down in tears. Edmund and Lucy wrapped their arms around him, and they stayed that way until Dr. Johnson needed to speak to them.

"I believe that you should call your parents right now," the doctor said, his own voice sounding very sad. "I think that they need to know."

"Yes," Edmund said. The doctor turned to leave, then looked back to them.

"I'm sorry that I could not do any more," he said. "I did the best that I could. But...."

"Say no more," Peter said. "We know that you did your best. But it couldn't be helped. She was leaving no matter what."

They quickly called their parents from a hospital phone. Mother, Father, and Susan were devastated. They talked for a long time and cried some more before they finally hung up and returned to the lobby.

Aunt Alberta and Eustace were waiting there. Dr. Johnson was speaking with their Aunt, explaining what this was all about.

"I'm sorry," Eustace whispered as the three came forward.

"Did you get a hold of your parents?" Dr. Johnson asked.

"Yes," Peter replied.

"Good. I'm afraid that we won't be able to wait until your parents get back before..."

"We already discussed it," Peter said. "We know that you need to get it done soon. If you can have it ready by tomorrow morning, we'll be around."

"It'll be ready," Dr. Johnson promised.

Normally, Aunt Alberta would have wanted to get back home as soon as possible, but for once, she complied with them all staying at the Pevensies home.

00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

"Miranda is in that box," Lucy thought as the coffin was lowered by two men, and the grave filled.

She held a white rose in her hand. Edmund was holding a rose of gold, and Peter was holding a red rose. Professor Kirke and Miss. Plummer stood behind them with Eustace in between the two.

After it was filled, a mark was placed up. Lucy glanced at the grave beside Miranda's. It was Mrs. Lynn Kellen's.

Finally, the men left, and they were alone.

Lucy stepped forward.

"The white rose, which symbolizes purity," she said, her voice shaking. "Miranda's purity of heart and of mind. It was because of this quality that those that tried to harm us were deceived in their own plans. I thank you for your purity, my good, dear friend."

She placed the white rose upon the grave.

Edmund stepped forward.

"A golden rose, which symbolizes friendship," he said, and Lucy recognized the Narnian king in his voice. "Miranda's friendship was always strong and good to all of us. Though I let her down, though I was a traitor, she saved my life and offered her friendship. For that Miranda, I am forever grateful."

He placed the golden rose beside Lucy's white rose and took a step back.

Peter stepped forward.

"The red rose, which symbolizes courage," Peter said, his voice soft, yet steady. "Miranda was named the courageous, and for good reason. She put her life on the line for mine. She put her body in between us and danger to keep us safe, without hesitation or reserve. We might have died many times had it not been for that. For your courage Miranda, I thank you."

He stepped back, and all three said in a strong voice;

"White, gold, and red. These three colors are those of Narnia. Miranda, the Courageous, First Warrior of Narnia; your death was not in vain. You did your duty well, and served us, our people, and our nation with all you had. You have filled your oath, so rest in peace."

All three stopped, and the ceremony was done. Edmund and Lucy went back with Eustace to Aunt Alberta's and Peter went with Professor Kirke. For two full months, they mourned for their friend, and though their hearts were heavy, their souls were light, for they knew where she was, and that she was happier than she could ever be.

00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

I'll come back, when you call me,

No need to say good-bye.

00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

It was three weeks into the new school year that Edmund saw a change in Peter. He seemed to be drawing himself away from the rest of his family. And that was making two of them. Susan was now hardly ever seen by them anymore. She was always hanging around a group of girls or batting her eyelashes at Benjamin Stew. And most unfortunately, they had started making the schools mixed, which didn't help with the Susan problem. And then, when the weekends came, Peter would always hide away, and Susan would always leave on another date.

Edmund decided that enough was enough. On their fourth weekend break, he made up his mind to find Peter wherever he hid and talk to him.

It wasn't all that hard. The second their breakfast was over, Peter ran up the stairs and closed his bedroom door. Edmund gave him a few minutes, then went up the stairs to his brother's bedroom. He didn't bother to knock. He opened the door as slowly and quietly as he could.

His brother was sitting on the floor beside his bed, an open Bible in his lap. But it wasn't the Bible he was looking at. He was holding something in his hand, and his complete attention was on it. As Edmund peered closer, he saw that it was one of the things that Miranda had left Peter: her Narnian necklace.

Edmund quietly stepped in and softly closed the door. Peter didn't glance up.

"I miss her too you know."

Peter started at Edmund's voice. He looked up at him, and dark brown eyes stared into blue.

"It's different Ed."

Ed took a seat beside his brother.

"How can it be different Pete? She was my friend just as much as she was yours. Tell me how it is different."

"I saw her Ed. She was in my arms when she died."

"And for that Pete, I would have given anything." Edmund said, his voice slightly strained. "You got to tell her one last good-bye when no one else could. You should be grateful for that."

"Ed..."

"No Pete. There is no reason why you should be hiding yourself away from the world and shutting yourself away from your family. It's not what Miranda would have wanted."

"I know Edmund," Peter replied.

"Then why are you..."

But before he could finish his question, Peter grabbed his shoulder and pulled him so that he could speak in his ear. He whispered something, and Edmund's eyes went wide.

"What?"

"That's what I thought myself," Peter said.

"But, why... I mean, now..."

"That's what makes it worse Ed. I didn't realize it until... until..."

He then broke off, his voice choking. Without reserve, he wept. Edmund put an arm around his brother's shoulders and comforted him.

"It'll be alright Peter. One day, Aslan will set it all right."

00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

After that, Peter stopped mourning. I'm not saying that he never cried, nor am I saying that he didn't miss his dear friend. But he stopped giving over to hopeless despair, which is truly what mourning is. Edmund and Lucy helped and cried with him when he needed to let his emotions out, but still, Susan kept herself apart.

It was a month later when they recieved a phone call from Eustace.

"I've been back," were his first words.

With great excitement, he told them the tale of his search for Prince Rilian with a girl named Jill Pole and a Marshwiggle named Puddleglum. All three saddened at the news of Caspian's death, for he had been a good friend and king. But all three rejoiced at his news of their finding the Prince, and laughed as he told them of Aslan's act of letting Eustace, Jill, and a young Caspian beat up the bullies at school.

"So," he said a little hesitantly, "How have you all been doing?"

"Better than we were," Peter replied, "But we are still quite worried about Susan. The more we try to talk to her, the more she backs away."

For Peter was keeping his promise to Miranda, and had not yet given up on Susan. But the harder he tried, the worse she became.

Although no one knew it, Miranda's death hit Susan like a punch in her stomach. How could her true last tie to Narnia just go and leave her? She was the last thing that had made Narnia still seem truly real, that made it seem like it wasn't all a wonderful dream. But after Miranda died, it seemed like nothing made sense anymore. Miranda had always talked about Aslan's name being Jesus in this world, but where had that landed her now? Even after her devotion, her faith, and her trust in God, she had still died.

Susan never once visited her grave. She never again let her name slip past her lips. Soon after Miranda's death, she forgot Narnia. A few months after that, she forgot why she had loved and befriended Miranda.

But Peter kept his promise.

Not a day went by that he didn't talked about Narnia around Susan. But the more he tried, the worse it became. Lucy and Edmund soon followed his example, but it only seemed to push her away further.

A war was being fought, and Susan's side was losing ground.

00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Two years after Miranda died, the friends of Narnia sat and ate together. That same night, a ghostly figure appeared and they knew they were needed again. Five days later, Peter was heading out the door, when he caught sight of Susan. She was looking out a window, with a dreamy look. Her eyes were focused on a tree outside with small pink flowers all over it.

"It was all real you know," Peter said.

"Oh Peter, not again," Susan snapped. "You've nagged and nagged about this subject for nearly two years now. Isn't it time you dropped it?"

"I made a promise Susan. And I intend to keep it."

"Oh yes, your promise to Miranda," she replied, rolling her eyes. "And I'm sure she would understand if you broke your promise and gave up now."

"But I wouldn't."

"Come off it Peter! It's all well and good that you want to believe it, but would you stop trying to force me to believe in something that doesn't exist?"

"I would never try and insist on something that doesn't exist. But that isn't the case here."

"Peter, I've argued about this with you before. Just leave me alone about it."

"I can't Susan."

"Yes, your promise."

"It's not just my promise anymore Susan. I'm worried about you. You are heading down a path that leads to hatred and destruction."

"Yes, yes, I get preached enough on Sunday Peter."

"Obviously not enough Susan, because you still haven't gotten it through your head."

"Stop lecturing me Peter."

"And you haven't even gone to Miranda's grave since you came back from America."

"I don't even remember why I was even around her."

Peter was stunned. Susan turned to leave, but he held her back.

"At least read this," he said, handing her Miranda's red and gold Journal, which Susan had given her. "This was among her last possessions. A note on top said it was for all of us. The last entry is for you."

Peter turned around, opened the door, and left, hoping to talk to Susan again when he came back. He never did.

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

81K 2K 22
What if the Mr. Pevensie had more of a story that one led on? Was he really off fighting a war? Maybe Peter, Susan, Edmund, and Lucy weren't the fir...
11.1K 280 11
Prince Caspian x female!reader [The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian] As the Pevensies' best friend and most loyal companion during their first s...
179K 4.2K 13
The Lost Princess Series - First Book: Katharina, she's the last member of the royal family of Narnia. When The White Witch, Jadis invaded to Narnia...
153K 3.9K 21
Eveline has watched over Narnia since the beginning. After the destruction of her home, the departure of her cold-hearted sister, and befriending Asl...