The First Warrior (Peter Peve...

Από taartjexxxxx

She has given her word to keep them safe. But would she go as far as to give up her life? And what does Aslan... Περισσότερα

*Author's Note*
Chapter 1: Miranda.
Chapter 2: In Which The Story Really Begins.
Chapter 4: What Happened In Between.
Chapter 5: 12 Years Later.
Chapter 6: The Day After. The Year Later.
Chapter 7: A Prince And A Warrior.
Chapter 8: Two Kings and Two Queens.
Chapter 9: Rude Awakenings.
Chapter 10: A Plan?
Chapter 11: The Raid.
Chapter 12: Anger, Sorrow, and Temptation.
Chapter 13: Forgiveness and Healing.
Chapter 14: "Fight Like Never Before"
Chapter 15: Deadly Choice.
Chapter 16: Memories and a Coronation.
Chapter 17: Good-bye to Narnia.
Chapter 18: New Beginnings.
Chapter 19: Reunited.
Chapter 20: Mending.
Chapter 21: Christmas Tidings.
Chapter 22: Months Pass On. Then Tragedy.
Chapter 23: Time Goes On.
Chapter 24: They are Always Fulfilled.
Chapter 25: No Need to Say Good-Bye.
Chapter 26: A Little Bit Longer.
Chapter 27: The Final Battle of the Warrior.
Chapter 28: This is Home. Final Chapter.
*Authors Note*

Chapter 3: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.

44.8K 670 671
Από taartjexxxxx

The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.

"Okay," Miranda said to herself, "I do not think that I am in America anymore."

She took another quick look around.

"And I know that I am definitely not in Georgia right now."

She looked over the strange land that surrounded her. She had fallen asleep on her bed in her room, and had woken up in a land full of snow and ice.

"I have got to be dreaming. Yes, that's it. I'm just dreaming."

She pinched herself.

"Ouch!" She exclaimed, "All right, maybe I'm not dreaming."

It was incredible. Too incredible to believe.

"This is impossible," she whispered. "But… so amazing."

Miranda suddenly shivered. Looking down at herself, she saw that she had absolutely no warm clothes on.

"Might as well look around," she thought to herself, "At least to try and find someplace to warm up at."

Grumble, Grumble

"And maybe try and get some food too."

Miranda walked through the snow as if in a dream. It was so beautiful, so real. Suddenly, she heard noises behind her.

"Do what it takes to bring him, but do not kill. Her majesty wants him alive."

The voice was low and gruff, and the voices that answered were even worse. Miranda immediately scurried up a tree (she had done this a lot before she had gotten sick), and hid herself.

"I am so glad that I remember how to do this," Miranda though.

A few moments later, the voices emerged from behind a cluster of trees and rocks into a clearing. Miranda had to hold back a scream. The sounds she had heard were not from people, but from animals, and whatever else was in the group. She thought that she saw a Minotaur, and possibly a miniature scale of Cyclops, but the others were just monstrous creatures.

They walked up to a cliff at the edge of the clearing, and Miranda noticed a door.

The creatures bang on the door, trying to simply knock it down. But the door would not budge.

"Get the ax," a wolf said. Now Miranda really had to bite back a scream. The wolf had just talked!

The Minotaur took an ax off of a pack on his back, and slammed it into the door. The door immediately cracked, and the creatures ran in.

A few moments later, Miranda watched as the monsters dragged out a; what? It looked like half of a man, and half of a goat. She thought she remembered that in the stories, they were called fauns.

"No!" the faun shouted, "Please No!!"

"Save your please for the queen," the wolf, which appeared to be their leader, growled.

As Miranda watched the creatures drag him away, she saw something fly out of his hand onto the ground.

Miranda right now had no idea what to think.

"I know that I am not dreaming. Am I hallucinating? Do I have a hearing problem? Am I going completely mad?"

Quickly, she accepted the fact that she was not any of these things. She knew that she was not crazy, she had never hallucinated before, and the doctors had said her hearing was fine. This was all real. She had heard the wolf talk. She had seen creatures that she had only read about in stories.

And she was cold.

Shivering, she waited until the last of the noises had left, then scurried back down the tree. Thinking that there was no harm in trying, she went into the cave that the faun had lived in.

The first thing that caught her eye was a piece of parchment nailed to one of the beams. Coming up to get a closer look, she read:

Faun Tumnus, is here by charged with high treason, against her imperial majesty; Jadis, Queen of Narnia. For comforting her enemies and fraternizing with humans. Signed, Maurgrim; Captain of the Secret Police.

Long Live the Queen

Now at least she knew where she was.

"Narnia," she whispered. And the faun's name was Tumnus. But Miranda was quite sure that she did not want to meet this queen.

Looking around the rest of the home, she saw that it was nice and homelike for one person to be in. The room was still warm from a fire that had been going only a few minutes before, and it looked like he had just been settling down to drink some tea. Feeling hungry, as has been noted before, she ate some of the bread that he had left by the cupboard. Then she looked around for something to put on. It took her some time, but finally she found a green coat that looked like it had never been worn before. Quickly she put it on, and immediately found herself much warmer than before. Not wanting to be caught unarmed in case one of those… those things came again, she took a carving knife from on top of the stove, and was glad to see it had some casing around it (not a sheath, carving knives don't have sheathes).

Feeling much fuller and warmer, she promised herself to give the stuff back to the faun if she ever found him. She walked outside, and again noticed the thing he had dropped. Picking it up, she saw that it was a flute. But a flute unlike any she had ever seen. It had two openings at the ends, and it looked like it was made of mahogany wood. It felt warm and good in Miranda's hands. Putting the flute into one of the coat pockets, she continued on.

0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

"What did you say?" Orieus exclaimed.

The fox rolled his eyes.

"I said, another one has come."

Orieus could not believe his ears. He had just gotten news from another that the four kings and queens had come to Narnia, but this.

He turned around the tent that he was in at the edge of Narnia, near Lantern Waste. He had been sent here by Aslan to organize the troops and send them to the fields at Beruna.

"What do you know of this human?" Orieus asked the fox, Hunta.

"It is a female, and to be quite frank, afraid. She is confused and amazed. Never has she seen things as this before."

"A female?" Orieus thought. "Does Aslan really expect it to be a female?" Quickly, Orieus stopped those thoughts. Aslan always knew what he was doing and whom he would choose.

"Can you find her?" He asked Hunta.

"It should not take me long. I will find her and bring her here. There is not much time left."

00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

In fact, it took Hunta no time at all. He found the young girl quickly, and was glad that she was resting herself at the moment. From her pocket, she took out Tumnus's flute, and began to play. Hunta had heard Tumnus play before, but never had he heard a melody like this. It was as if a river had broken from under the ice and overflowed.

As the last notes of the song faded away, Hunta stepped out of his hiding spot.

"Hello and greetings to you young one."

The girl gasped, and immediately started backing away. Hunta thought that it would take longer than he thought to put some gut in this girl, when he suddenly saw a knife come up from a pocket in her coat.

"Not another step!" She ordered him.

Maybe she did have some guts after all.

"I am not here to harm you.

"How do I know that I can trust you, and that others do not wait behind you, ready for the moment I put this knife down."

She was smart too. Very smart.

"I am here on a mission young one. I do not serve the self proclaimed Queen of Narnia, but the true king, Aslan."

When he said the word Aslan, he saw a flash cross the girl's eyes.

"Perhaps I should introduce myself," he continued. "My name is Hunta, captain of Aslan's army."

The girl hesitated for a moment before replying.

"My name is Miranda. Miranda Kellen."

"Well Miranda Kellen, are you of the Queen, or of the true King?"

Miranda looked Hunta straight in the eye and said;

"I just watched as the queen's… monsters took away a faun named Tumnus. I decided then and there that I did not want to know this queen."

"Then come with me."

Warily, Miranda followed him.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Miranda was in complete awe of what she saw. Talking animals, centaurs, satyrs, fauns, and griffins were everywhere. She continued to follow the fox (or Hunta) through the camp, but no longer warily. Something about the way these creatures act toward each other, and toward her, was enough. And besides, if they were on the queen's side, she would probably be dead already.

Hunta led her to a tent in the middle of the camp and entered. Miranda saw that it was a room, with a bed and a wash basin. On the bed were clothes and shoes. Miranda looked over at Hunta.

"Put these clothes on, and then wait for me outside. The General will need to see you."

"See me?" Miranda questioned.

"Yes," said Hunta. "There is a matter which greatly concerns you."

That said Hunta left Miranda. And Miranda tried to leave her thoughts, but it was difficult.

She looked over the clothes that sat on the bed. There was a shirt, pants, a leather tunic and belt, and a cloak. Shoes sat beside the clothes; boots that were as long as her legs. Thinking only of the fact that these clothes were probably warmer than her own, she put them on.

The entire time she was doing this, her mind was racing. When she had heard the name Aslan, something had gone through her. She suddenly felt warm and courageous; like she used to feel when she listened to stories her father would tell her. She could distinctly hear his voice say:

"No matter what happens Miranda, you can do anything through Christ which strengthens you. Nothing is impossible through God, and you can do anything."

She knew that stories that made her feel that way were from the Bible. But it all left when her father died. Miranda fought back the tears that stung her eyes.

"Are you ready?" Miranda heard Hunta ask.

"Yes, I am coming," Miranda answered, and took another few seconds to gather her bearings.

When she exited the tent, she found herself looking up at the largest centaur she had seen yet. His body was coal black, as was the hair on his head. His body was strong, and his face was stern.

"This Miranda," Hunta began, "Is Orieus, the General of Aslan's army."

Miranda nodded her head toward Orieus with respect.

"There is a matter that concerns you," Orieus said, and Miranda noted the deepness of his voice. "We believe that you are the fulfillment of a position that the great lion Aslan has planned for a purpose that we do not know."

"Forgive me?"

Orieus allowed a small smile to cross his face.

"Perhaps I should explain this a little better."

He led Miranda to a table in front of his tent. He watched as Hunta followed closely. Orieus was confused at this. He would have to speak to him later. Right now, this girl needed to know what was happening.

"Before I left Aslan at the fields at Beruna, he charged me with a task."

Orieus then weaved a tale to Miranda of how the Queen had first come into their land, and of the tyranny she had placed upon them through 100 years of winter, giving her the name, the White Witch. He told her of the prophecy that they had long awaited, of how two sons of Adam and two daughters of Eve would defeat the White Witch and restore peace to Narnia. He continued to tell her that they believed that these four had come.

"Wait a moment," Miranda interrupted, "What does this have to do with me?"

"One moment young one," Orieus replied. "When I heard these words, great was the joy in my heart. Aslan immediately set me out to find troops for the battle. But before I left, he charged me with a task."

He waited for Miranda to respond.

"And… what was that task," Miranda said rather shakily, and it was not from the cold.

"He charged me with the finding of another; another son of Adam or daughter of Eve. He said that he or she would become the first warrior of Narnia." Orieus watched Miranda's eyes widen.

"And you think that I am that person!"

"There could be no other," Orieus said calmly.

Miranda left the table and paced around for a few moments. She abruptly stopped and looked Orieus in the eye.

"There must be some mistake! I can't fight! I can't help with this! I can't be the warrior you are searching for!"

"There is no mistake," Orieus stated.

"How do you know? How can you tell that my being here is not a mistake?"

"Because Aslan never makes mistakes."

Miranda was silent for a few moments. Could it be true? Could she be the person they were looking for? She looked down at her feet, not knowing what to say.

"We are not saying that you must accept this yet," Orieus said. "Aslan will speak with you himself, and then you will decide what happens next."

Miranda looked up to Orieus, and said;

"I will decide when the time is right, but I think that I should have some idea of how to fight now."

Orieus roared with laughter, surprising himself. He had not laughed in years.

"You will be taught some of the basics of fighting before anything else happens," he said, still silently chuckling.

He took up two swords from beside his tent, and gave one to Miranda.

"First lesson."

He slowly taught Miranda how to place her feet, and how to block quickly. She learned fast, and never had to be told how to do something twice. Within an hour, she was sweating, and he was impressed. She at the very least would be able to defend herself well.

"Enough," he said, and Miranda fell to the ground. She hadn't worked this hard in three years.

"Take a rest," he continued," And a little later, we will see how well you do with a bow."

"A bow?!" Miranda exclaimed, sitting up."Now I have to learn how to use a bow?"

Orieus laughed.

Two Hours Later

Miranda took the bow in her hands, took an arrow out of the quiver, and aimed at the target.

"Line the arrow with your mouth."

Miranda rolled her eyes, but did as she was told.

"Relax your shoulders."

Miranda's shoulders relaxed.

Hearing no more orders, Miranda released the arrow.

Whizzz

It hit the target. Not the center, but close enough to it.

Orieus made her do it five more times before he was satisfied.

"I believe that you have learned enough," Orieus said.

Miranda smiled.

"Now, another thing that you need to know is that it is most important to make sure that the witch does not learn of you too soon."

"Why is that?" Miranda asked.

"The witch will find out soon enough that the kings and queens are near. We do not think that it would be wise to let it be known that another daughter of Eve has entered Narnia."

"So this is to protect me?"

"And those around you. If the witch finds out too quickly, others will not fare so well."

"How will we make sure that I stay hidden then?"

Orieus smiled. This girl knew which questions to ask.

"I am sending Hunta to the Beaver's house where the kings and queens are at the moment. I wish for you to accompany him. It will be much easier for you to stay hidden with him than it would be with us. We travel to the fields at Beruna tonight, and I do not wish for any of the trees to be spreading news."

"The trees, sir?"

"I may have to explain about that later. For now, take a sword, a dagger, and a quiver with a bow and arrows. You will be leaving shortly."

"Yes sir."

A few seconds later

"You want me to what?!"

It was Orieus's turn to roll his eyes.

"I want you to take Miranda with you."

"The path that I take is dangerous Orieus. You risk her life."

"Yes, but I honestly believe she will be safer hidden with you, than trudging on loudly with us."

Hunta paced the floor in agitation.

Orieus suddenly had a thought.

"You have come to care about her, haven't you?"

"As a father would care for the safety of his daughter," Hunta sighed. "There is a dark sadness about her that I can sense Orieus. She is young and strong, but so vulnerable. I feel a certain responsibility for her that I have never felt before."

"Would it have been different if someone else had found her?" Orieus asked.

Hunta stopped.

"Yes, it would have." Hunta looked up at Orieus. "I feel responsible because I brought her into this mess."

"If she is who we think she is, then this is not your fault."

"I know, but I feel like it is."

Orieus thought for a moment. He honestly did not know what to say. It was as if Hunta had grown 10 years very quickly. Slowly, he said;

"You cannot ask me to take her with us Hunta, and I can't promise that she will be safer with you. But I will say this, that if she comes to harm, I will take the burden."

"Your words bring little comfort friend, but I accept it."

The two parted ways. They had no idea what would happen next.

A half hour later

Miranda could not remember the last time she had walked so far. And they had only been walking less than an hour. The fact that she was carrying heavy weapons did not help matters either.

Hunta could sense that she was tired, so they took a rest. He smiled at the way her eyes looked in awe at everything that surrounded her.

"You look as if you have never seen such lands before," Hunta chuckled.

"That is because I haven't," Miranda answered, and then looked to see Hunta laughing.

"Let's go on," she said, trying to sound annoyed, which only made Hunta laugh more.

It took another 4 hours to reach the Beaver's house. It was a nice little dam, with logs surrounding it and a small house in the center. Miranda could see a small column of smoke coming up from the house.

Suddenly from the other edge of the woods burst three human figures and a beaver. Hunta tensed, and smelled the air.

"Wolves!" Hunta exclaimed.

Miranda stood there terrified. She shook herself when she heard Hunta's voice.

"Miranda, get up this tree!"

She didn't need to be told twice. She scurried up the tree as fast as she could, and watched as the figures raced into the small house.

"Hurry Mama! There after us!" She heard the beaver say.

Hunta looked up at her.

"Stay here!" He ordered.

"What about you?"

"I need to find a way to help them! They are Narnia's only hope!"

With that, Hunta disappeared.

Miranda watched the woods silently, waiting for the moment the wolves would appear. She did not have to wait long. About six to eight wolves suddenly emerged from the forest, and began digging into the house.

"I've got to try and do something!" Miranda thought. But what could she do? She was in no position to shoot, and she would be down in a few seconds if she tried to fight with her sword. Suddenly, she remembered that she did have something. From underneath her tunic, she pulled out the flute. Bringing it up to her lips, she began to play.

00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Tumnus had given up hope. No one would be able to rescue him from this place, and if Aslan ever came back, he could never forgive him. He could not even forgive himself for the wrongs he had done.

But just as his heart began to sink, he heard a melody. A melody that told the story of hope, and how good would one day prevail.

"My flute," he whispered.

00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Miranda played. She played as long as she could.

And the wolves stopped!

Whether they were distracted by the music, or it did something to enchant them, I do not believe anyone will ever know.

As the last notes of the song withered away, the wolves began digging again. Miranda hoped that she had given the kings and queens enough time to escape. What she never knew was that it was just enough time for them to get over halfway through a tunnel.

When the wolves disappeared, Miranda came down from the tree. It was another hour or so before Hunta came back. Miranda gasped.

"What happened to you?"

Hunta's back was torn up, and it looked like teeth marks.

"Just a little run-in with the wolves, that's all," Hunta said almost too casually.

Miranda glared down at him.

"All right," Hunta sighed," I used to work for the White Witch. They think I still do."

"How do I know that you don't?" Miranda said, putting her hand on her sword.

"Because, wouldn't I have given you over to them if I still was on her side."

Miranda sighed. Would she ever stop doing this?

"Forgive me."

"There is nothing to forgive," Hunta replied. "You have good reasons to doubt."

"But not any good reasons to doubt you."

Hunta laughed. This girl worried too much, but was so anxious to please. He thought that she would make a great warrior someday.

And so, fox and girl walked on. They walked for much of that night, only resting when Miranda needed to. And the next morning, they continued walking. But it was not long before Miranda noticed something.

"Hunta?"

"Yes Miranda."

"Is it getting warmer?"

Hunta stood still for a moment, and then said;

"Yes, yes I believe it is."

For the rest of the morning, they exclaimed and shouted over every little thing that happened. The snow melted, the ground turned green, flowers blossomed, and the rivers ran. Things seemed to be looking up.

But suddenly, Hunta stopped. He sniffed the air, and listened to the wind.

"Wolves," he whispered. They knew that he had given them the wrong way.

"Miranda!" He shouted. "The wolves are coming back."

"What?! Why?"

"Let's just say I gave them some bad directions."

The two ran until they got to a place covered with trees.

"Climb up!" Hunta shouted.

"Not without you!"

"Miranda please. You are the warrior of Narnia. You have to get to Aslan, and to the kings and queens. You have to help in the battle with the White Witch," Hunta's voice was desperate.

"I can't!" Miranda shouted.

The next thing Hunta said stayed with Miranda for the rest of her life.

"Aslan believes you can. And so do I."

Miranda could not believe her ears.

"Now climb!"

Miranda didn't argue this time. Within seconds, the wolves were on Hunta. One took Hunta's back with its teeth at the same spot that he had already been wounded.

"Take him to the queen," the lead wolf said.

As the wolves walked away, Miranda scurried down the tree and followed. She had to try and get Hunta out of this.

They walked a while before coming to a large river. Miranda followed closely, hiding herself behind the trees around her.

"Your majesty," the lead wolf said, "We found the traitor. He is guilty of rounding up your enemies."

The wolf threw Hunta in front of the Witch. And for the first time, Miranda's eyes beheld the White Witch. Long blonde hair was tightened behind her head, and an ice crown lay in the center of her head. She held a long scepter in one hand, but it was her eyes that frightened Miranda. They were the iciest shade of blue she had ever seen, cold and cruel.

"Ah," said the Witch," Nice of you to drop in. You were so helpful to my police last night. Perhaps you can help me now."

Hunta stood up, and said;

"Forgive me your majesty."

"Oh, don't waste my time with flattery," the Witch snapped.

But Hunta was not finished.

"Not to seem rude, but I wasn't actually talking to you."

Miranda was confused, until she saw him. A young boy, probably about 12, with dark brown hair and soft brown eyes, was standing beside the Witch, looking petrified.

"One of the Kings of Narnia," Miranda whispered.

She watched as the Witch came up closer to Hunta, and point her scepter down at him.

"Where are the humans headed?" Her voice was almost as cold as her eyes.

Hunta didn't say anything.

The Witch raised her scepter, and suddenly Miranda heard;

"No!"

She watched as the boy stood in between the Witch and Hunta.

"The Beavers said something about the Stone Table. And that Aslan had an army there."

Miranda was not sure if she was hearing correctly. The King had just told the Witch what they had planned? It was impossible!

The Witch seemed to smirk as Hunta dropped his head.

"Thank you Edmund. Though I'm glad this creature got to see some honesty."

Her face quickly became hard.

"Before he died!"

She pointed her scepter at Hunta, and Hunta suddenly became a stone statue.

"No!" Edmund screamed.

Miranda had to bite back her own scream. Not a scepter. A wand. She really was a witch.

She heard a slap, and then the Witch talking to Edmund, but she listened to none of it. Hunta had died protecting his country, with a hope for freedom once again. And he would not live to see it.

Miranda watched as the White Witch left with Edmund, a dwarf, and all of the wolves. Miranda followed. She had failed to help Hunta, but she would do all she could to get this king out of the mess he had put himself in.

0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

"Follow him," Aslan ordered to Orieus. "He will lead you to Edmund."

Orieus nodded his head, and rode away with six other Narnians. If the wolf would lead them to Edmund, follow the wolf they would.

0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Miranda surveyed the scene. Edmund was not far away from the edge of the camp, but it was far enough to have about 12 monsters around him. Not to mention that stupid dwarf was guarding him.

She jumped from the branches of one tree to another, trying to get right underneath the one the king was tied to. She broke one of the branches, and nearly fell. She worried about the noise, but there was so much noise around that no one noticed.

"Is our little prince comfortable?" She heard the dwarf taunt Edmund. "Does he want his pillow fluffed? Special treatment for the special boy. Isn't that what you wanted?"

Miranda looked around the camp. There was not much to work with. She was completely outnumbered, and no telling if any help could or would come.

Miranda looked at the tent that the Witch was under. She was talking with a Minotaur about battle plans. Having an idea, Miranda took out her bow and an arrow. Aiming for the highest cord on the tent, she shot.

For once, her arrow hit the center of her target. The rope snapped, and the tent fell on the Witch and the Minotaur and anyone else in the tent.

"Get me out of here! Get this off!" Miranda heard the Witch scream. She watched as every monster around came to help get the tent off, leaving Miranda with an opening. While the dwarf was watching what was happening, Miranda jumped down from the tree. Edmund turned when he heard her, and his eyes widened. Putting her finger up to her lips, she began to cut his bonds. She then took the dwarf by surprise. Still looking the other way, Miranda knocked him out, and tied him loosely to the tree.

"Come on!" She whispered to Edmund. Not saying a word, he followed.

When they were a safer distance away, he spoke.

"Who are you?"

"We can worry about complete introductions later your majesty, but my name is Miranda," she said while still running.

Edmund looked behind him. Nothing was following.

"What are you worried about?" He asked. "Nothing is coming."

"It will take them a few moments to get the Witch out of that tangle, then another few to realize that you are not there. But they will send someone."

0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

"What do you mean he's gone?!" the Witch roared.

Ginnabrik shook under his mistresses' anger.

"I mean y-y-your majesty that I was watching him, and then he wasn't there."

"You did not have your eyes on him the whole time, did you?"

"I-I-I stopped watching for a minute when the tent fell."

The Witch's eyes were wide with anger.

"Your majesty!" a wolf behind her exclaimed.

"What is it?" she snapped, her anger still boiling.

"We have caught a new scent. A single person. It should not be hard to get them."

"Kill this new person. Bring the boy back to me." Her voice roared.

Five wolves, two Minotaurs, and a werewolf followed the scent.

00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

"He will lead you to Edmund," Aslan had said.

So far, he hadn't. The wolf had led them until it had become dark, and still no sign of Edmund. Orieus was beginning to think that Aslan must have been mistaken.

Orieus sighed as he ran. He was doing it again. Doubting Aslan for what he said would happen. So many years depending upon himself was now making him doubt the lion that had created him.

Orieus took a deep breath. What Aslan said was always true. He continued running.

The wolf kept running, and Orieus saw two figures running towards them in the shadows.

00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Edmund's mind was racing. One minute he was tied to a tree, the next he was free, and now he was running for his life through the woods beside a strange girl.

He turned his head a moment to study this girl. He figured that she was probably about Peter or Susan's age. Her hair was a dark blonde tied up in the back and her eyes were a hazel.

All of a sudden, the girl put her hand over his chest to stop him. The next second, he saw a wolf coming at them fast. But before he could even utter a sound, the girl had taken her bow and arrow and shot. The wolf lay dead two feet away.

Edmund looked over at this girl, but didn't get a chance to say anything. Right at that moment, a huge creature with the upper torso of a man's body, but with the rest looked like a horse stopped right in front of them.

"Miranda?!" the horse-man exclaimed.

"Orieus!"

"How on earth did you get over here?" the… Orieus asked.

The girl, Miranda, just turned around and shot another arrow.

"Ask me later!"

Because right then, from out of the shadows, jumped the Witch's minions. Edmund was suddenly surrounded by huge beings protecting him. He watched as they battled the monsters, but he mainly looked over at Miranda. She shot another arrow, and then took out her sword.

She turned around to look over at him, and was suddenly pushed to the ground. Edmund watched in horror as a werewolf pounced on her, and bit his teeth hard on her neck. But right as Orieus turned to help her, the werewolf was shoved off, a dagger in his stomach. Miranda got up, her neck bleeding.

"Are you alright?!" Orieus asked, the rest of the Witch's group dead. "You're bleeding!"

"I'm fine, he just bit the back. Nothing was badly torn."

Orieus was surprised at her reaction, but didn't say anything. He looked over to the boy beside her.

"And who is he?"

"This is King Edmund."

Now Orieus was more than shocked.

"Hold on a minute," Orieus began.

"Can we talk while walking further away from the Witch's camp?" Miranda interrupted.

Orieus laughed.

Edmund was put onto another centaur's back, while Miranda sat on Orieus.

"Now," Orieus began again, "Let me get this straight. You waltzed into the Witch's camp, freed the king, and then got this far without getting caught."

"It wasn't that easy," Miranda laughed. "I had to create a distraction that would last long enough for us to get that far."

"So what did you do as a distraction?"

"Well… I shot an arrow at the main rope support over the Witch's tent, and it collapsed on top of her."

Orieus laughed again, and then remembered something.

"Miranda… where is Hunta?"

Miranda hesitated.

"I was afraid you would ask that. Orieus, Hunta… Hunta is dead. The Witch turned him to stone."

Orieus was silent. Hunta. Dead. Those were the last words he wanted to hear. The last words he had expected to hear.

"He died protecting Narnia Orieus. He wouldn't tell the Witch anything."

Orieus expected as much from Hunta. He looked over to the king Edmund. He was asleep.

"Did the king say anything?"

"He was trying to protect him Orieus."

Orieus shook his head. This was going to be harder than he thought.

Three hours later

Edmund woke up to someone shaking him.

"Wake up sire, you are at Aslan's camp."

Edmund sat up. He looked over at his surroundings. Then he saw Miranda. She was unconscious, and her neck looked worse. He looked up at the centaur, Orieus, who carried Miranda.

"Will she be alright?"

"Her neck still bleeds, but not badly. I believe that she is more exhausted then hurt."

"Son of Adam," said a voice behind Edmund. A voice both low and sweet, like a harp.

Edmund turned around, and saw a huge lion with a golden mane and golden eyes bright as the sun. His breath caught in his throat. He was the most beautiful sight he had ever seen.

"We have much to talk about," the lion said, and turned around. Edmund came up beside him, and the two talked long into the dawn.

00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Miranda woke up in a red and gold tent, with drapes and curtains that made her feel closer to a home than she had in a long time.

"Where am I?"

"Aslan's camp," a voice said beside her. She turned her head to see a faun with a gray beard looking over her.

"Orieus? King Edmund?"

"They are both fine. It is you that I really need to be worried about."

"Is there a specific reason for that?"

The faun burst out laughing.

"Why does everyone do that?"

"Do what young one?"

"Laugh at what I say."

The faun thought a moment before answering.

"Well child, it is probably because of the innocence of what you say. The way that you seem untouched by this whole mess. We have lived with it so long, we forgot how to laugh, and we forgot how to have innocence again. You are bringing it back."

Miranda felt almost proud at that moment.

"Now," said the faun, "Let me look at your neck. Sit up."

Miranda sat up, but asked a question before he did anything else.

"What is your name, sir?"

The faun laughed again before saying;

"My name is Cashtos. Now let me look at your neck."

Miranda sat still as Cashtos looked over her neck.

"I believe you will be just fine," he finally said.

"Thank you Cashtos."

"You are welcome Miranda," he said, handing her weapons to her. Before she left the tent, he said;

"Take it easy for at least a few hours," he said, and then added, "I think that you will be a great warrior."

Miranda smiled as she left the tent.

00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

"Narnia's not going to run out of toast Ed."

Edmund smiled at a 10 year old girl with dark hair and blue eyes. Little Lucy could always make him feel good.

"I'm sure that they'll pack you some up for the journey back," said a golden hair boy of about 15, blue eyes looking sharply ahead.

Edmund looked over at his elder brother, Peter, in confusion.

"We're going home," stated Susan, a 13 year old copy of her sister.

"You are," Peter said. "I promised Mum that I would keep you three safe, but that doesn't mean that I can't stay behind and help."

"But they need us," Lucy protested. "All four of us."

"Lucy, it's too dangerous. You almost drowned. Edmund was almost killed."

"Which is why we have to stay," Edmund finally spoke up. "I've seen what the White Witch can do, and I've helped her do it. But we can't leave these people behind to suffer for it."

Peter smiled at his brother. Never had he been more proud of him.

"Well I guess that's it then," said Susan. She got up and left the table they were sitting at.

"Where are you going?" Peter asked.

"To get in some practice," she said, grabbing her quiver.

The other three got up as well, and were about to follow Susan, when Edmund saw Orieus. He watched as Orieus walked up to one of the tents over to… Miranda!

"Excuse me for just a minute," he said to the others. They looked at him curiously, but didn't say anything.

Edmund took a deep breath and walked over to Miranda.

00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

"Well, you are looking much better," Orieus said with a smile on his face.

"I must admit, I feel better than I have felt in a long time."

Orieus had questions on his lips, but stopped when he saw the young king approach.

"May I talk to you Miranda?" King Edmund asked.

"Of course," said Miranda.

"When I can get you alone Miranda," Orieus said, "I have some questions."

"I know."

Orieus then left Miranda and King Edmund.

Edmund was silent for a moment, as if not sure how to start.

"I believe that I owe you two huge things Miranda," he began, and Miranda finally noticed his British accent. "The first thing is that I owe you an apology. I understand that Hunta was your friend."

Miranda looked down. Yes. He had been her friend. She only nodded her head.

"I know that I have no right to ask for your forgiveness…"

"Don't King Edmund. There is nothing to forgive. I know that you were trying to protect him."

"It still gives me no right to do what I did."

Edmund took a deep breath before continuing.

"I also owe you a great deal of gratitude. You saved my life you know."

Miranda laughed, and said;

"No thanks needed sire."

For the first time since Miranda had met him, Edmund smiled.

"Child," Miranda heard a soft voice say behind her.

She turned around, and saw her heart's true desire. Aslan was even more beautiful than she could have even begun to imagine.

"Follow me," he said.

And Miranda gladly did.

They walked silently for some time before Aslan said;

"You did a brave and noble thing back there, and I do not just speak of your rescuing King Edmund last night." Aslan turned to look her straight in the eye. "Forgiveness is something many people have not mastered, yet your heart gave it freely."

"Sir, I have always heard that you should treat others the way that you want to be treated. I would want forgiveness for my actions, as he wanted forgiveness for his."

Aslan nodded his head, and began walking again. Miranda followed.

"What does your heart tell you to do now?" Aslan asked.

"Aslan," Miranda began, "I have many doubts in myself, and I still do not think that I am yet a warrior. I am not even sure that I should even be considered one."

"You doubt the fact that I chose you, you mean."

"Aslan, you could have chosen so many others who are stronger than I. Quicker, smarter, you could have chosen anyone better than me."

Aslan was silent a moment, but not because he was thinking about what to say.

"When I choose someone, I never make a mistake. I chose you not for your strength or speed, but for your heart."

"My heart is broken sir," Miranda sobbed.

"Which is why you must let me mend it. Your heart has so much good in it, but you are right, it is broken. It is hurt. It is weak. But to be well again, you must let me mend it."

Miranda fell to her knees in front of the great Lion.

"Then mend it," she whispered.

Aslan came up closely to Miranda's face. Opening his mouth, he breathed upon her. Suddenly, Miranda's heart felt light. She closed her eyes as it move through her. She no longer felt as if a burden was on it anymore. She felt strong and brave and loved once more. When she opened her eyes, they had tears in them.

"Hold out the hilt of your sword to me," Aslan said.

Miranda took out the sword, and as Aslan's paw touched the hilt, the sword changed. The blade became longer and sharper, and the hilt became gold with a red ruby on the handle. As the sword changed, so did Miranda. Her hair became thick and full once more, and her skin was no longer pale white.

"Do you Miranda," Aslan said, "Promise to protect Narnia when enemies cross its borders? Do you promise to guard its people when danger comes through your path? And do you promise, to protect the Kings and Queens of Narnia, no matter what the cost? Even unto death?"

A few seconds before, Miranda would have said no. But not know.

"I, Miranda, by your will, promise to do the things that you have asked. I cannot promise that bad things will not come. I cannot even promise that I will not fail. But I do promise to do these things to the best of my abilities, until death takes me.

"That is all that you can give," Aslan said, smiling. "Rise, Miranda the Courageous, the First Warrior of Narnia!"

Miranda stood up, and felt that finally, she had found the place she belonged.

00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Orieus ran around the camp, looking for Aslan.

"This is not good. This is not good," his mind screamed.

Finally, he found both Aslan and Miranda walking down from the hill that overlooked the ocean. He raced toward them.

"Aslan!" Orieus shouted.

"What is it Orieus?" Aslan asked softly. (Of course, he really knew what was happening, but decided to let Orieus tell him. He had, after all, been running rampant searching for him).

"The White Witch has demanded a meeting with you Sire!"

"Let her through."

00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Peter stood close beside his brother as the White Witch entered the camp. Her eyes were so cold that they could probably kill someone. She was being carried by four Cyclops on a high chair. Peter looked over toward Aslan. Aslan just looked straight into the Witch's eyes, not moving. Peter then looked over to Orieus. He almost looked nervous. Then Peter noticed a girl standing beside Orieus.

"Who is that?" Peter whispered to his brother. Edmund broke out of his thoughts, and looked to where Peter looked. Edmund gasped.

"What is it?" Peter asked, slightly alarmed.

"She looks different!"

"I beg your pardon?"

"Miranda, she looks different."

"Who is she?"

"Oh," Edmund jolted himself, realizing that he had told none of his siblings about the night before. "Her name is Miranda. She saved my life last night at the Witch's camp."

"How did she do that?"

Edmund almost laughed, despite the situation.

"I'll tell you at a more appropriate time."

Because right then, the Witch had come down from the high chair, and began walking towards Aslan. She took one look over at Edmund, and Edmund thought he might be sick.

"You have a traitor in your midst Aslan," she began, her voice hard.

"His offense was not against you," said Aslan softly, the opposite of the Witch.

"Have you forgotten the law's upon which Narnia was built?" the Witch asked.

"Don't cite the deep magic to me Witch," Aslan growled, "I was there when it was written."

The Witch's gaze slightly broke. But she continued.

"Then you will remember well that every traitor belongs to me. His blood is my property."

"No," Peter's heart screamed, "I will not lose him again!"

Peter drew his sword, and took five steps toward the Witch.

"Try and take him then!" He all but shouted.

The Witch just looked down on him and taunted;

"Do you really that mere force will deny me my right, little King?"

Peter's face dropped, and he lowered his sword. The Witch again spoke, but this time, turned to speak to the other Narnians as well

"Aslan knows that unless I have blood as the law demands, all of Narnia will be overturned, and perish in fire and water! That boy," she shouted, pointing at Edmund, "Will die, on the Stone Table! As is tradition." She looked to Aslan. "You dare not refuse me."

"Would the blood of another pay the price?" a shout suddenly rang out. Peter turned to see that the girl had stepped forward.

"And who might you be?" the Witch asked, annoyed.

"My name is Miranda."

"She is the one," a wolf beside the Witch shouted. "I recognize her scent. She is the one that took him."

The Witch's eyes became like steel.

"And what is it that you said?"

"Would the blood of another pay the price for King Edmund's life?"

"Miranda!" Aslan shouted.

"Are you saying that you would take the place of King Edmund?" the Witch asked.

"Yes," Miranda replied, her eyes set.

"Enough," Aslan said sternly, "I shall talk to you both alone."

Aslan went inside his tent, followed by the White Witch. Miranda came last, leaving her weapons outside of the tent.

They were in there for what seemed like hours. Whether it really was hours, or if it was just everyone's agitation, I don't even think they knew. But finally, the three came out.

The Witch came out first, looking like she was trying to hide her pleasure but couldn't. Aslan and Miranda came out walking side by side, their faces still and unreadable. For a few moments, there was silence. Then Aslan's voice rang clear as he said;

"She has renounced her claim on the Son of Adam's blood."

The Narnians burst into cheering.

Then the Witch's voice was heard saying;

"How will I know that your promise will be kept?"

Aslan roared angrily at the Witch, his face becoming hard and terrible.

The Witch quickly sat down in her chair.

Lucy couldn't believe it! Her brother would be alright! She looked at Aslan with a smile on her face. That smile quickly vanished. Aslan's head was stooped low, and Miranda's face fell. Neither of them looked like they had won a victory. It looked like they had just tasted defeat.

00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Lucy turned in her bed again. Why couldn't she sleep? It was as if the air had become stuffy, and the atmosphere was agitated. She turned over again to look over at her sleeping sister. Why could everyone sleep but her?

Then she heard footsteps. She turned around to see two silhouettes walking. One was Aslan.

"Susan!" Lucy whispered to her sister.

Susan's eyes fluttered open, and saw Lucy walk out of the tent. Susan quickly grabbed her quiver and horn, and followed.

Lucy and Susan followed the two figures deep into the dark forest.

"I know that one is Aslan," Lucy whispered, "But who is the other one?"

"I don't know," Susan replied.

As the two got closer, they could hear the two in a heated discussion.

"Please Aslan, let me do it," one said.

"Child, the Witch will have none but me."

"But sir, you can do so much more for the kings and queens. More than I can."

"Child!"

"Please Aslan! I do not know what else to live for. One day I will have to go back. Back to my own country. There is nothing for me there!"

"Child," Aslan whispered softly. "You have so much to live for. More than you know. Never let me hear that you have nothing. You have so many virtues that will do Narnia good, and weaknesses that can have a remedy here. You are right when you say that one day you will go back, but it will not be today, and it will not be soon. Take it while you can. Waste no time."

"Yes Aslan," sobbed the other one.

"Will you do something for me?" he suddenly asked.

"Anything."

"Protect them."

"With my life Aslan."

Susan and Lucy darted to another tree as they saw a human form put its arms around Aslan's neck.

The corner of Miranda's eye saw them.

"Aslan, the two queens are here," she whispered.

"I know child."

"Do you want me to try and take them back with me?"

"You will already have your hands full. Let them follow me."

Susan and Lucy tried to get behind the tree as far as they could as the other figure headed back for the camp. They stayed behind the tree until it had passed, then darted to another.

"Shouldn't you both be in bed?"

00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Miranda did not sleep that night. The air became tighter, and the earth seemed to stand still. Miranda sat up in her bed. It would happen soon. She didn't know how she knew, but she knew. The river became quiet, the wind stood still, the trees didn't move. The earth was waiting, waiting.

Suddenly, the earth trembled. The rocks near the camp shook. The river sounded like thunder. The trees thrashed their branches. And Miranda wept. It was done, complete,finished.

0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

"No!" Orieus screamed when the King Peter told him what the Dryad had said. "He can't be dead! He just can't!"

Orieus ran to Miranda's tent. She was already out and dressed.

"Miranda!" Orieus shouted as he drew closer. Miranda's face turned towards him, and it looked to him as if she had not slept at all.

"He's dead Miranda! Aslan is dead!"

"I know Orieus."

She said it so softly, so sadly, but peaceably, as if…..

"You knew about this?"

"Yes Orieus."

"And you didn't say anything?"

"I promised Aslan I would not."

Orieus did not care who she had promised. He ran back to the king's angrily.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Edmund looked over to his brother. His face looked so confused right now. He had been so sure the day before, but now with Aslan gone, it seemed as if he had lost his confidence. Edmund looked up at Orieus, but he too seemed at a loss.

"Peter, there is an army out there, and its ready to follow you."

"I can't"

"Aslan believed you could. And so do I."

Peter looked over to his brother. When had this little boy grown up?

Edmund swiftly looked straight in front of him, and Peter followed his gaze.

Miranda was heading towards them.

She came up to the table they were at, and bowed low. Then, saying in a voice both determined and strong;

"If I may be so bold your majesties."

She knelt on one knee and took her sword out of its sheath, laying it before them.

"I Miranda, by the will and word of the great Lion Aslan, have been given the name as the first warrior of Narnia. I pray you kings and your queen sisters will allow me to stand by your side when there are battles to fight, protect you when enemies mean you harm, kill those that would destroy you, and, if it comes to the end, that I should die in the place of your life. This I promise to do to the best of my abilities. Please accept what I have to offer, for I can give nothing more."

Peter was dumbfounded. He had no earthly clue what to say. But before he had a chance to say anything stupid, Edmund stepped forward and took Miranda's sword.

"I Edmund, King of Narnia by the will of Aslan, accept your gift, and charge you with my life."

Peter stepped forward, and put his hand on the sword Edmund held.

"I Peter, High King of Narnia by the will of Aslan, accept your gift, and charge you with my life as well."

Orieus suddenly stepped forward, and raised his sword in a salute.

"And I Orieus, general of Aslan's army promise fealty to you. Only the King's word shall be higher than yours."

Miranda stood up and sheathed her sword.

"The Witch's army is nearing sire, "Orieus said. "What are your orders?"

00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Peter may have looked calm, but he felt like he was going to be sick. Looking up to the sky, he saw the leader of the griffins swooping down.

The griffin landed beside him, and began to speak in a very quick voice;

"They come your highness, in numbers and weapons far greater than our own!"

"Numbers do not win a battle," stated Orieus on Peter's left.

"No," Peter said, "But I bet they help."

He looked over the plain, and was starting to see the Witch's army. As they came up closer and closer, he finally saw the Witch. She was in a chariot driven by two white bears, and it looked as if she had a mane around her.

"Aslan's mane!" he thought angrily.

He looked behind his shoulder at his brother Edmund. Edmund nodded at him, and he turned back around. Taking a deep breath, and setting his gaze, he drew his sword. Narnians behind him roared and cheered.

Her general, a Minotaur, roared back, and began to lead the Witch's army towards them.

Peter sliced his sword through the air, and griffins began pouring from the sky. Their leader flew up from beside Peter, and led them on.

They watched as the griffins through down the rocks they were carrying, but they also saw many fall under the Witch's dwarf's deadly arrows.

Peter turned to Orieus.

"Are you with me?"

"To the death."

Peter looked over to his right. Miranda sat bareback on a coal black horse. She wore silver armor, and a coat of arms in red and gold. The only thing that was different was that she had refused to wear a helmet.

"Miranda?"

Miranda looked over at him, and said;

"Do you even have to ask?"

Peter smiled. No he didn't.

He looked over at the oncoming army. Just a few more seconds.

They hit the mark! Peter raised his sword high in the air, and shouted;

"For Narnia! And For Aslan!"

The pure white unicorn he rode reared up and neighed into the clear air.

"For Aslan!" Miranda screamed beside him.

Peter urged the unicorn, and they ran for the attack.

The world seemed to suddenly go in slow motion. Peter could feel the steps of the unicorn. He could sense Orieus and Miranda at his sides. He could almost feel the heated breath of their opponents. He put the visor on his helmet over his face, and continued running. Running, Running.

Spears hit minotaurs, cats hit cats, and the battle began. Peter swung his sword down at a white tiger on top of one of the leopards. Orieus hit a two minotaurs with his swords. Miranda's bow was shooting down dwarf's, hags, and the next second, her sword took out a werewolf.

Miranda soon saw that they were indeed outnumbered. For every centaur there was, there was three minotaurs. For every faun there was, there was two werewolves. And still they fought. Miranda was shooting arrows like crazy, hitting every target she cited. Her dagger had killed many leg cutters, and her sword had taken on too many things for her to count. She looked over to King Peter. He seemed to be alright at the moment, but they needed to do something quick before….

"Oh no!" Miranda exclaimed. The Witch had started moving in another part of her army in.

"Peter!" She shouted. He looked over toward her, and she pointed to the Witch. Seeing what she saw, he raised his sword again. Within a few moments, a phoenix was flying through the air, his body a huge burst of fire. It made a line in between them and the Witch's oncoming army.

The Narnians cheered, but Miranda was worried. Something wasn't right. And she soon found out why. Not 10 seconds after the line was made, it disappeared in a burst of the Witch's ice.

"Fall back," Miranda heard Peter shout, "Draw them to the rocks."

"Come on," she urged the horse beneath her, whose name was Onyx.

"Right away," neighed Onyx.

And the Narnians ran towards the rocks.

As they neared the rocks, Miranda could hear the arrows being shot at the enemies behind them, and could see Edmund in the midst of the archers. Edmund's face all of a sudden changed into a face full of fear, and it was not for himself.

Miranda turned around. Peter was on the ground! Without another thought, Miranda turned Onyx around, and ran towards him. When she got beside Peter, she dismounted and started shooting. Peter dazedly got up, and turned around for a moment.

"Stop!" he shouted, and Miranda watched as Orieus and a rhino charged the Witch's army, trying to give him enough time to get away. Miranda shot as many creatures as she could before the rhino went down. She continued shooting more of the monsters until she had no more arrows. Edmund popped suddenly beside her, and Peter was on the other.

"Narnia!" Miranda shouted, attacking them with her sword. Peter and Edmund were close behind her.

They were still fighting them an hour later, but Miranda knew that they could not hold out much longer. Peter seemed to think so too.

"Edmund, there's too many! Get out of here! Get the girls, and get them home!"

Miranda watched as Edmund got away, waiting to see if he would need any help. He got safely away. Miranda turned around, and saw a werewolf coming up on Peter.

She ran as fast as her legs could carry her. Peter turned around just as the werewolf was about to spring up on him. But just when it would have gotten him, it stopped. The werewolf dropped dead, and Peter looked up to see Miranda taking her dagger out of it.

"Thanks!" he shouted before crossing blades with a minotaur.

Miranda looked to her right, and saw the White Witch coming closer, her wand turning everything that came in her path into stone.

Then Miranda looked at the cliff above the Witch. Edmund was there, a determined look on his face.

"No," Miranda whispered as she ran towards them. She saw Edmund come down on the Witch. She saw the Witch try to unarm him. And then she watched as Edmund sliced her wand in half. A burst of blue light emerged as the wand's magic broke. The Witch's face rapidly became like steel. She quickly unarmed him, and then…

"Edmund!" Peter screamed as the Witch stabbed his brother.

Miranda caught Edmund as he fell to the ground. Edmund looked up at her, watching the tears stream down her cheeks.

"Forgive me Edmund," she whispered, "I failed you."

He leaned up close so that she could hear.

"There is nothing to forgive."

Miranda heard the clang of swords, and she looked to see Peter and the White Witch in a heated battle. She broke herself out of the numbness that had come over her. She slowly laid Edmund on the ground, and picked up her sword.

As she stood up, she suddenly heard a loud roaring sound. Her heart lifting, she turned her head. A great lion leaped upon a rock, and roared into the wind, shining like the sun.

"Impossible."

And then from his left and right sides came tens of Narnians to help the tired out army.

So great was Miranda's joy, that she didn't notice that the Witch and Peter had continued fighting. The Witch had been able to wound Peter over his right eye, and now had him on the ground. Miranda ran as fast as her tired legs would carry her, and swung her sword.

The Witch turned around when she felt a pain go across her back. There stood that girl again. The girl that had challenged her. The girl that did not know when she was supposed to stop. The Witch swung her swords at the girl. The first sword missed, but the second sword dug into Miranda's forearm.

"Aahh!" Miranda screamed in pain.

But the Witch never got to enjoy her pain. She felt herself rapidly thrown back, and looked into eyes of gold. Aslan had returned to finish what she had started.

I shall not describe how he killed the Witch, just please note that he did.

Aslan turned around, and looked over at Miranda and Peter.

"It is finished."

"Peter," Susan and Lucy shouted to him. He turned around and hugged his younger sister. But Susan noticed something quickly.

"Where is Edmund?"

Peter, Susan, and Lucy ran over to the place that he was laying. He was struggling to breathe. Susan saw a dwarf coming up with an ax.

"Edmund!" Susan shouted, shooting an arrow. The dwarf fell dead.

The three siblings surrounded their brother. Susan took off Edmund's helmet, while Lucy took out a curious looking vial out of her belt. Opening the top, she put a single drop of the red liquid into Edmund's mouth. Miranda watched from a distance.

"Please work," Her heart whispered. "Please work."

Edmund coughed once, then twice. His eyes slowly fluttered open. He was Alive!

Peter grabbed Edmund and held him tight. His brother was alive! Peter pulled his brother back.

"When are you going to learn to do as you're told?" Peter said, his voice full of laughter.

Edmund smiled, and the four embraced in a tight circle.

An hour later

Orieus felt as if the breath had been knocked out of him, and he was taking a new breath again. His horse body followed his upper torso, and he fell to the ground.

"It is alright Orieus," he heard beside him. He looked in the direction of that beautiful voice. It was Aslan.

His heart was filled with joy. They had been victorious.

But a sudden thought nearly ruined that joy. Where was Miranda?

He ran around, looking for her. He found her, tending to some of the wounded. Her arm was bandaged, and she looked exhausted, but she was alive.

"Miranda!" He shouted.

Miranda turned around.

"Orieus!"

No one saw the embrace that two friends, a centaur and a human, shared. Except two. Two brothers stood side by side, watching the warrior and the general. Two brothers watched two friends. Great was the joy in their hearts.

00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Tumnus as well tended to those that were wounded. As he looked from one to another, he felt a small hand touch his shoulder. He turned to see neither Lucy nor Susan, but another daughter of Eve.

"I believe I have an explanation to give you Mr. Tumnus," she began. She introduced herself, and then continued to tell him about what she had done at his house.

"I believe I owe you an apology, and I am willing to pay for everything I took."

"No, no," Tumnus said. "I am glad that I could be of some help to you." That brought a laugh to both of them.

"But I believe that I can return one thing to you," she said, reaching into her belt. She took out his flute.

As Tumnus took the flute in his hands, he could feel a short resistance when she let go. He looked up at her, then back down at the flute. She didn't know it, but he had another.

"Keep it. I think that you need it more than I."

00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

The next morning, the kings and queens were coroneted.

"To the glittering Eastern Sea, I give you Queen Lucy, the Valiant. To the great Western Wood, I give you King Edmund, the Just. To the radiant Southern Sun, I give you Queen Susan, the Gentle. And to the clear Northern Sky, I give you King Peter, the Magnificent."

"Once a King or Queen of Narnia," Aslan said," Always King or Queen. May your wisdom grace us until the stars rain down from the heavens."

"Long live King Peter, Long Live King Edmund, Long Live Queen Susan, Long Live Queen Lucy."

Miranda cheered with the other Narnians. Her heart was full of joy for them, but still, something nagged at her.

She sat outside on the balcony, listening to the party inside. A voice behind her made her turn around.

"Now what is this I hear. You accepted being Warrior of Narnia?" a familiar face said.

"Hunta!"

The fox jumped into Miranda's arms. It felt good to see him again.

"Now," he said, "What are you doing out here by yourself?"

"I don't know Hunta. I feel good for them. But not good for myself."

"Why is that?"

Miranda almost couldn't say it.

"Hunta… I failed them. The King Edmund almost died because I was not there. Because I could not protect him, he almost died."

"Miranda," Hunta scolded, "You need to stop expecting so much from yourself. You are still young, you will make mistakes. Learn from them, instead of beating yourself down about them."

"But…"

"No buts," Hunta interrupted. "Think about what I said Miranda, then come inside."

Hunta then left her to her thoughts, but not for long. Two familiar figures soon came out to the balcony as well. Peter and Edmund.

"Hunta told us."

Miranda sighed.

"That is the last time I tell him anything."

The two brothers laughed.

"You know Miranda," Edmund began, "It's not your fault."

"Yes it is."

"No it's not Miranda. I made the decision to go and do what I did. And if I remember correctly, I already told you that there was nothing to be forgiven."

"But…"

"Miranda," Peter interrupted, "Try to understand. Lots of other things might have happened today, things that did not happen because you were protecting us. What happened was a mistake. It was no one's fault. Stop being so hard on yourself and expecting more than you can give. You gave your all at that battle. And we would not take back our trust in you for anything."

Miranda's eyes lifted.

"Do you promise that?"

"We both do," they said at the same time.

Miranda smiled. All was well now. The two kings led her into the castle, and the celebrations lasted for hours. But the celebrations in Miranda's heart lasted years.

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

157K 4.3K 31
We all know there was something between Caspian and Susan. But it didn't last. She had to leave Narnia and never return because she had learned every...
16.2K 464 18
Isabelle is now separated from her family. But what she didn't have in her first life, could Aslan give it to her now. She is set to have many advent...
153K 4.5K 22
Emily isn't the same as before. She has lived 1300 years in a Narnia invaded by the Telmarines. Little does she know, that the boy she saved in the f...
15.1K 260 15
Around a year after they have returned from Narnia Edmund falls ill and the doctors believe they cannot save them. A message from Aslan reaches the P...