My Love Affair With Damon - A...

By acheerforthebroken

17 year old Lizzie Jameson is sick to death of Elena Gilbert. Elena has everything that Lizzie has ever wante... More

Chapter One - Damn Stefan Salvatore
Chapter Two - My Worst Nightmare
Chapter Three - Now I Remember
Chapter Four - So, He Doesn't Want To Kill Me?
Chapter Five - And That's What I Get For Hanging Out With A Vampire
Chapter Six - I Most Definitely Didn't See That One Coming
Chapter Seven - That's A Tempting Thought
Chapter Eight - Did I Do Something Wrong, Damon?
Chapter Nine - You're Annoying Me
Chapter Ten - Wait. You're Not Elena? But... You Know What? I Don't Care
Chapter Eleven - You're Really Living Up To Your Name, You Know
Chapter Twelve - My Revelation
Chapter Thirteen - Hello, Katherine. Goodbye, Katherine?
Chapter Fourteen - Wow. That Went Well. Didn't It?
Chapter Fifteen - As If Things Couldn't Get More Complicated
Chapter Sixteen - You Drugged My Drink? Well Done, Einstein
Chapter Seventeen - The Memories I'd Locked Away
Chapter Eighteen - Those Feelings Made A Comeback
Chapter Nineteen - Relationships Splitting At The Seams
Chapter Twenty - Everything Just Has To Be Too Confusing
Chapter Twenty-One - I Now Know The Apparent Truth
Chapter Twenty-Two - The Sun Also Rises
Chapter Twenty-Three - The Vampire With Alcohol Complications
Chapter Twenty-Four - The Big Bad Vampire Hybrid
Chapter Twenty-Five - Live And Let Die
Chapter Twenty-Six - Pathetic Little Twats, As Damon Said
Chapter Twenty-Seven - When Love Takes Over
Chapter Twenty-Eight - My Male Equivalent
Chapter Twenty-Nine - Just A Friendly Get Together
Chapter Thirty - Go Tell Elena Then
Chapter Thirty-One - Finally I Get The Spotlight
Chapter Thirty-Two - Just The Start Of A Long Journey
Chapter Thirty-Three - Guess Which Werewolf We're Using
Chapter Thirty-Four - World's Biggest Harlot Saves The Day. Or Not.
Chapter Thirty-Five - So I'm Screwing My Birth Father's Distant Relative?
Chapter Thirty-Six - What A Prick
Chapter Thirty-Seven - And So It Begins
Chapter Thirty-Eight - What. The. Hell?
Chapter Forty - When One Chapter Ends, Another One Is Bound To Open

Chapter Thirty-Nine - Wait. What Just Happened!?

7.8K 101 17
By acheerforthebroken

"What. The. Hell?" I repeated.

Damon's hands came off of my waist and slapped together in applause.

I let go of Stefan's hand and did the same.

Stefan copied my actions.

Elena looked up from her lap and turned to us, her curious eyes widening. She followed our gazes. Her draw dropped open, then closed itself as a smug grin spread across her face. She turned to Bonnie.

A tear rolled down Bonnie's cheek and gracefully dropped onto the stone alter. She laughed nervously.

Tyler reacted to Bonnie's laugh and beamed at her, as if what had just happened was her doing.

Bonnie beamed back it him, throwing a sideways glance at Caroline.

Caroline smiled in Tyler's direction, her sapphire eyes swimming with awe.

Tyler began screaming with victory. He sprinted over to Caroline and locked her in an embrace.

Caroline dropped Klaus' heart onto the grass, right beside Klaus' body.

Klaus' body didn't move.

He was dead.

Klaus. Was. Dead.

Caroline had grasped the opportunity to reach into his chest and rip out his heart and the time he'd lowered his barriers and was foolish enough to forget all cautiousness.

We all burst into raucous applause. Tyler continued to scream, but Caroline cut him off as she locked her lips with his. Bonnie executed the rings of fire and ran over to Elena, dragging her up and hugging her tightly. Stefan also went over to Elena, taking her from Bonnie and swinging her around. The pair mimicked Caroline and Tyler's embrace.

Damon and I just stood there awkwardly, unsure of what to do next. We could always make out, though that idea was completely cliche, not to mention pathetic and predictable.

No, we most definitely would not start making out. It just wasn't our style. We didn't need to make out in order to celebrate. Anyway, there wasn't much that I needed to celebrate.

Klaus was dead. Hooray. How brilliant for all of us. Yet no celebration was needed. A death was a solemn thing, even if the life lost was a complete bastard. Ugh. Enough brooding - I was beginning to sound like Stefan. I decided to work on Damon.

"Cheer up, Damon," I prompted, gradually becoming bored of the victorious scene happening before me. "Elena's not going to be a vampire, after all. There's still a chance that you two can hook up again. Right?"

"Correction," Elena called over as Stefan set her on her feet again. Damon and I approached them slowly, both wearing a mask of confusion. It seemed Stefan was in the same position as us; he didn't even know what the hell Elena was on about.

"Go on," I nodded.

"For so long, I haven't wanted to become a vampire," she began. "Not yet. But, when I volunteered to be killed in the sacrifice, I knew what I wanted. I wanted to be with Stefan forever. Since he was freed by Klaus, I've come to the realisation that there's no time to waste. If I want to spend an eternity with someone, I can't do it as a human. Also, my insignificant affair with Damon made me love Stefan even more." Damon stiffened slightly. Elena smiled at him sympathetically before continuing. "I prepared myself for this, and I've decided it's what I want. Stefan, I still want you to turn me."

"But, Elena," he protested. "How? How are you supposed to come to your death? I'm not going to kill you.Klaus was supposed to kill you. I can't do it. I just-"

"Seriously, Stefan?" Damon whined. "Your girlfriend is offering to spend an eternity with you, and you're too scared to help her. Oh, please. Elena, would you like me to kill you?"

I sighed, rolling my eyes. It seemed like everyone had returned to old habits pretty quickly. Damon was back to his bastard self. Stefan was back to his protective self. Elena was back to her stubborn self. But, the thing is, old habits die hard. Or, so I'd heard.

"Elena?" I urged. "Yes, or no? Damon's offering you a great opportunity here. I suggest that you take it into account. Your boyfriend is being too pathetic to think straight. Damon's offering you something extraordinary. I should know; I myself am a vampire. Duh."

"I...don't know!" Elena exasperated. "I mean, I want to be with Stefan, but if Stefan's not ready for that kind of commitment yet, then shouldn't I respect his judgement?"

"Honey, it's up to you," I drawled, my English accent almost too dominant. "But, either way, make sure it's something that you want. I'd hate to think of you living a sad, lonely life."

I giggled slightly, impressed by my own sarcasm. It seemed that nobody else found it particularly funny. Ah, well. I didn't really care. They didn't understand Damon humour, either, which just showed how much of a crappy sense of humour they all had.

"Tick, tock," I muttered under my breath.

"Hey," Stefan snapped. "Don't push her. Think about Elena here. Just because you were able to make snap decisions, it doesn't mean that she can. It's not easy for her. Her parents were killed in a car crash. She's been in several near-death experiences due to vampires. She's a doppelganger. Life's been rough for her."

"Stefan," Elena whispered. "Please. Don't be harsh."

"Sorry," Stefan murmured. "I don't mean to-"

"It's fine," I cut him off. "Don't sweat it. Everything's cool with me. Everything's super. Get it?"

Stefan nodded. I grabbed Damon's hand, and we both began to walk away.

"Wait," Elena said. "Damon? I need to make one thing clear. Whether I do become a vampire or not, I'll never go back to you. I'm Stefan's. I've been Stefan's all along, and I will be Stefan's. Always. Are we clear?"

Damon gulped, but nodded all the same. Elena smiled, satisfied.

"Is that all?" I inquired.

"Mmm hmm," Elena confirmed.

Then Damon made my knees give way, scooped me up into his arms and ran me through the trees and back to Stefan's car. He opened the passenger door and threw me in. I buckled up my seat belt.

When I thought Damon was about to get in, he didn't. He walked back the way he had came, in the direction of the site of the cut-short sacrifice.

"Where are you going?" I asked after him, rolling down the driver's window.

"To get your father's body," he replied, not turning around.

"Don't worry about that," I shrugged. "It's not the highest of my concerns. I'd rather the bugs ate away at him than have to deal with all of the funeral shit. I never went to my mother's funeral. Why should I go to my father's?"

"Are you sure?"

"Definitely."

"Okay then."

He ran back and hopped in the driver's side. I scooted back over to the passenger seat, leaning my head against the door and closing my eyes.

*******************************************************************************************

I blinked, my eyes adjusting to the sunlight. I pulled the duvet tighter around me, shivering slightly.

"Good morning," Damon whispered in my ear.

"Morning," I mumbled, sitting up and rubbing my eyes.

At the foot of the bed were two large suitcases, neatly packed. On top of one of them were two plan tickets.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"You mean where are we going?" he corrected.

"Yeah. Whatever."

"To England."

"What?"

Now I was awake.

"I need to get away from here. You know. I have my reasons." Also known as Elena. "Besides, what better way to get to know my girlfriend than visiting her hometown?"

"You won't suit England. It's not your kind of place. Not where I used to live, anyway. Quiet country towns. I've never been to any of the cities."

"Well, lucky for you, I have. Went on a stag party to London a couple of years back. We had a blast. Visited a few clubs. Went to some pathetic place called the London Dungeon. I nearly got myself a job there. Anyway, this was all Stefan's suggestion. While we're over there, we're sorting out your father's funeral. I looked through your phone and contacted a few relatives of yours. I know you don't want a funeral, but I don't care what you say. I love an excuse to get drunk."

"Figured. But you're sure that you want to go to England of all places? How about Chicago? New Orleans? New York?"

"Nuh uh. Now way. Bad memories in those places. My brother became a ripper in Chicago. I was part of a freak show in New Orleans. I got married in New York."

"Married? You got married? Wow. Nice one. So, when do we leave?"

"Tomorrow."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

177K 3.6K 28
Annika is an only child. Her parents split up when she was a child and she’d lived with her dad ever since. She loves him unconditionally and would n...
748K 11.8K 25
Siena Russo is 19 year old girl from Upper East side Manhattan New York. She is sexy, sassy and witty she an A List hottie in her city. Where all guy...
86.7K 1.7K 82
--Vampire Diaries Fanfiction-- We're all born and one day we all die. But the world isn't that simple. We all know the stories our parents told us be...
978K 18.2K 25
In a small town called mystic falls Nina Gilbert , her twin brother Jeremy and her older sister Elena are grieving over the loss of their parents. No...