Owari No Seraph: A Friendship...

By vocaloidgeek14

A deadly virus sweeps the Earth, leaving behind only children and vampires. Mayu is a young girl who was left... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: The World Of Blood Legacy
Chapter 2: Humanity After The Fall
Chapter 3: The Demon In Your Heart
Chapter 4: Vampire Mikaela
Chapter 5: Black Demon's Contract
A/N
Chapter 6: New Family
Chapter 7: Mitsuba's Squad
Chapter 8: First Extermination
Chapter 9: Vampire Attack
Chapter 10: Results Of The Choice
Chapter 11: Reunion Of Childhood Friends
Chapter 12: Everyone's A Sinner
Chapter 13: Human World
Chapter 14: Complicated Connections
Chapter 16: The Moon Demon's Orders
Chapter 17: Livestock Revolt
Chapter 18: Sword Of Justice
Chapter 19: Shinya and Guren
Chapter 20: Demon's Lullaby
Chapter 21: Traitorous Allies
Chapter 22: Yuu, Mika, and Mayu
Chapter 23: Arrogant Love
Chapter 24: Owari No Seraph
A/N
Chapter 25: Ones True Feelings
Yuu x Mayu
Mika x Mayu
Yuu x Mayu x Mika
Mika X Mayu

Chapter 15: Ambition In The Demon Army

3.6K 117 47
By vocaloidgeek14

Mayu's P.O.V

I quickly shot up out of bed, sweat falling down my forehead. I fell back on my bed and covered my eyes with my arm.

"Dammit...not again! Why do I keep having that same dream?!"

It had already been a whole month since I had joined the Vampire Extermination Unit, and I kept having that same dream.

"Who is that Kimi girl? Do I have some sort of connection with her or something?"

Sighing, I got out of bed and looked out the window. What was going on with me? Why was that dream continuing to repeat itself?

"Can't sleep, can you?"

I jumped, almost knocking my things off the dresser. I didn't expect Konekomaru to just ask a question out of the blue.

"Jeez! Don't scare me like that ever again! I almost had a heart attack!"

Konekomaru sighed. "I didn't mean to scare you. I just sensed that you were uneasy, so I decided to check on you." I shook my head.

"No, no, I'm actually fine."

I tried my best to lie to him, but...that didn't work so well. "Don't lie to me. Something has been bothering you for the past month and I want to know what it is." Konekomaru said, causing me to look at the floor.

I didn't want to worry him, but what other choice did I have. He could actually help me if I tell him. Sighing, I decided to tell Konekomaru the truth.

"To tell you the truth...I don't know what this dream is, or why I've been repeatedly having it for the past month. I don't know what it means either.."

I put my back to the wall and pulled my knees close to my chest.

"It feels so real too, like...I'm reliving a past memory or something."

It felt like someone sat down next to me, and I quickly turned around, only to see no one was there. "Go on. I want to know more about this dream." Konekomaru said, sounding curious. I nodded.

"Okay. Well, the dream starts out like this:

"I'm sitting on the ground, surrounded by flames. I could see the torn pieces of what used to be vampire uniforms, and also the bodies of Demon Army soldiers."

"When I turn back towards the front, I see a woman, maybe three years older than me, protecting me from more vampires that had us surrounded."

"Konekomaru went completely silent, listening to what I was saying. I acknowledged his silence, and continued."

"She told me that she had failed to protect her squad, that she was the one who was responsible for their deaths. Then she turned towards me and told me that at least she could protect me."

"That's when I started calling out for her, telling her that what she was about to do was very dangerous and that she should stop. But before I can see what happens next, I wake up. If I remember right, I think her name was Kimi."

"I know that these aren't my memories, because I don't even know this woman. Another thing I noticed was that the weapon she had was a scythe, my scythe. And it felt like..."

I hugged my knees even tighter, recalling every little detail of my dream.

"It felt like I was looking through someone else's eyes. Like I was seeing exactly everything they had seen. It doesn't make any sense at all, does it?"

Konekomaru remained silent and I started to feel really anxious. I went to speak, but I was cut off when Konekomaru suddenly spoke up.

"Man, I haven't heard that name in so long. It feels pretty nestolgic."

I flinched. I didn't think he would know who Kimi was. Did he have some sort of connection with her?

I heard Konekomaru sigh, but it sounded like he was sad. "It was about four years ago, before I even met you. Kimi was my old master, and just like you, we both got along together pretty well."

I tilted my head curiously.

"What happened to her?"

"She later became sick, and passed away." He stated, causing my eyes to widen. I didn't know she died. That's really sad. Konekomaru sounded really upset when he spoke. He must really miss her.

"That dream you were having was actually a memory of mine. The person she was protecting that day was her younger brother. Just like him, I was warning Kimi that the power she was about to use was life threatening, and knowing that, Kimi sacrificed herself to save her brother. And ever since then, I decided I wasn't going to get close to anyone."

I looked down at the ground, not sure what to say next. It must have been very painful for him to lose someone so close to him like that.

"I'm sorry."

That's all I could say to him at that moment. I didn't know what else I could say. I heard Konekomaru sigh.

"Don't apologize. Besides, this was a very long time ago so all I can do now is put those painful memories to the side, and worry about protecting the master of have now. That's what Kimi told me to do before the end, and I plan on doing just that."

I smiled and layed back down, starting to feel really tired. "Oi, don't fall asleep yet!" Konekomaru exclaimed, making me giggle.

"Sorry...I'm just really sleepy.."

Konekomaru grumbled. "Jeez, and I thought teenagers liked staying up all night." I giggled and straightened out my pillow.

"Well..not anymore. We can't afford to anymore in this world..it would just be a waste of energy..."

As I started to drift to sleep, I felt someone smoothing out my hair. "Yeah, I guess you're right.." I smiled and soon fell asleep, Konekomaru's voice soon going faint.

"Goodnight, Mayu."
.
.
.

Normal P.O.V

The child ran through the ally ways, looking to see if there were any vampires following him. He didn't want the vampires to catch him.

He had very important information with him.

When he knew he was alone, he quickly pulled out a small piece of paper from his pocket and tied it to the leg of a messenger pigeon.

It would probably take the whole night for the bird to get to its destination, but even so, he was fine with it. The boy let go of the bird and watched it as it flew through the dark storm drain and out into the outside world.

He just hoped the message got to the Japanese Imperial Demon Army in enough time.
.
.
.

*Timeskip: The next day*

Aoi Sangu, Colonel of the Japanese Imperial Demon Army, looked through the pigeon cages, looking to see if they all had returned. Something landed on the ground behind her, causing her to turn around. She walked towards the pigeon, taking the small piece of paper off its leg. Aoi read what was written on the paper, taking in all of the information.

She had to get this to Lieutenant general Kureto.
.
.
.

Aoi headed into Kureto's office and handed him the small piece of paper. "Call Guren." He ordered after looking over the information.

It was finally time..to destroy those vampires.
.
.
.

Yuuichiro's P.O.V

"Dammit, I can't fix it! What the hell?!"

I sighed in frustration as I tried to fix my hair. What made me even more agrivating was the fact that no matter what I did, I just couldn't seem to get to go straight.

"Stop going to bed with wet hair." Kimizuki stated, only making my frustration grow. "I know, but still!" I shouted, finally deciding to give up.

"Dammit! There's no point anymore. I'm just gonna leave it!"

I let out another sigh of frustration. "Well, it's fine." I grumbled as I started walking towards the stairs to join Kimizuki and Yoichi. "It is?" Kimizuki asked. I shrugged. "It will be, eventually."

"Good morning you guys!" Mayu greeted, appearing out of nowhere. When she saw me, she giggled. "Whoa! Nice bedhead, baka-Yuu." She teased.

"Damn shortstack..."

I turned towards her, my eyes widening as soon as I saw something was different about her.

"M-Mayu! What did you do to your hair!!"

She looked at me curiously. "What do you mean? I just cut it." She said, playing with her now short hair. "That's exactly what I mean! I finally got you to grow it out not that long ago! Why would you cut it!" I shouted, causing her to roll her eyes.

"Whatever. Besided, I like short hair better than long hair. It's easier to manage and it's a lot harder to pull to." Mayu said, starting to walk upstairs.

She had a point, but dammit, she looked really pretty with long hair. I mean, she still looks cute when it's short, but I'm so used to her having it long.

"So what room are Shinoa-chan and Mitsuba-senpai in?" Mayu asked, turning towards Yoichi. "It's room three I do believe." He said as we began heading upstairs.

"Are you sure they'll have our breakfast?" Kimizuki asked. Yoichi shrugged. "It's sure it's fine. It's two girls."

"Anyway, what are we going to talk about? Do you guys know?" I asked starting to get curious. "I wonder what's for breakfast, Yoichi?" Kimizuki asked, ignoring my question. "I bet it's something fancy!" Yoichi answered back, excited.

I frowned. "So you do know. What's it about?" I asked again, hoping to get an answer. Kimizuki sighed. "You'll hear it from Shinoa. Until then, focus on your bedhead."

I looked at Mayu. "What's the big deal?" She shrugged. "Well, whatever it is, it's probably important." I sighed and went to catch up with both Yoichi and Kimizuki. That's when we heard a huge scream come from the room behind us.

"That sounds like Shinoa and Mitsuba!"

I ran towards where I heard the scream, starting get even more worried when I saw smoke. "Oi! Are you guys okay?!" I shouted when I got to them.

My eyes widened when I saw where the smoke was coming from. "You're burning it!" Shinoa exclaimed, trying to keep a distance from the fire that was raging out of control in the frying pan.

"Exactly how can you burn an omelet?!" Shinoa yelled as Mitsuba frantically tried to put out the fire. "I read in a book that alcohol makes it taste better, so!"

I heard Mayu let out a huge sigh of disbelief. "What the hell...? What book did you read anyway?! You're not supposed to put alcohol in an omelet!!" She shouted, startling the two bumbling girls.

Kimizuki sighed and walked into the kitchen, pulling out a new frying pan. After a few minutes, he held out a plate infront of us. My eyes widened as I saw a non-burned omelet on the plate. "Here, put it out." I was shocked.

"Whoa! I didn't know he could cook!!"

"Oi, Mayu. Mind helping me out here?" Kimizuki asked, turning towards Mayu. She nodded and rolled up her sleeves.

"Yup!"
.
.
.

*Timeskip: a little while later*

Mayu's P.O.V

"I didn't know you could cook!" I said, enjoying my food. "Seriously, you can do anything!" Yuu said, trying not to talk with his mouth full.

"It's you guys that can't do anything." Kimizuki stated bluntly. I pointed my fork at him. "Excuse me, but who did you ask to help you make breakfast?" He turned away from me, not answering my question.

"Yeah. That's right."

Shinoa pouted. "I could've done it right if Mitsu-chan wasn't here." Mitsuba rolled her eyes. "But I read that alcohol makes it better." She mumbled.

Yoichi smiled. "Now, now. We'll try your guys's breakfast another day." Kimizuki finished chewing and sighed. "Somewhere with fire extinguishers." We couldn't help but laugh at Kimizuki's comment.

Shinoa turned towards me and smiled. "You look so different with short hair, Mayu-san." She said, making me feel a bit embarrassed. "Thank you. I just thought it was about time I change it up."

I stopped, quickly remembering what I wanted to ask as soon as we came here. "So, why did you call us here Shinoa-chan?" Yuu nodded. "Yeah, what is this about? I don't like you guys keeping a secret from me. I feel left out." Shinoa sighed as all eyes turned in her direction.

She held out two fingers. "There are two topics. One, that you were a test subject of some kind of experimentation, who lost control on the battlefield and almost killed us." She stated, surprising Yuu. He looked at me and I turned away. How could I tell him that he almost killed me and the others?

"Two, is Lieutenant colonel Guren truly on our side?" Shinoa finished, catching my attention. What did she mean by that? "Guren on our side or not? What do you mean?" Yuu asked, trying to comprehend all of this information.

Shinoa folded her hands under her chin. "There's a possibility that Lieutenant colonel Guren is only trying to use us, including you." Mitsuba nodded. "Either he's trying to create a reason to fight with the army's upper members, or he has something bigger planned."

"Well...that does sound like something Guren would do.."

Yuu turned towards Kimizuki, who only shook his head in reply. "That's news to me, too." He stated. "Either way, are we going to stay with Lieutenant colonel Guren, or rather, what stance will we take on the world?" Shinoa said. "It's something that we want to discuss about." Mitsuba said, finishing Shinoa's sentence.

"Meaning, we'll possibly consider pulling away from Lieutenant colonel?" Kimizuki asked. Shinoa nodded. "As an option." I didn't know what to think about it. There were moments where I felt like I couldn't trust Guren, but then again, there were moments I could.
"I don't know what to do...can I really trust Guren?"
.
.
.

Normal P.O.V

"Blood...it's blood!"

The vampire went to lunge and Guren, put he was harshly pulled back by his chains. The vampire soon fell down to the ground, giving up. "You're sick, you know that. Kureto Hiiragi." Guren stated bluntly, turning towards Kureto.

Kureto smirked. "You're late." Guren just ignored him. "Is this an experiment for the Cursed Gears?" He asked. Kureto nodded. "Yes. I thought there would be a more efficient way of turning vampires into demons. But, no sign of that at all." He said, sounding slightly disappointed.

"Well, it seems that low-level trash won't do. Kill them." Kureto ordered. Guren glared. "Don't tell me what to do. Just cut to the chase."

Kureto sighed. "Did you really come here by yourself?" Guren rolled his eyes, wanting this conversation to be over quickly. "You ordered me to." Kureto chuckled. "Weren't you afraid I was going to kill you?" He asked.

"Why would I be killed?" Guren asked, making Kureto laugh. "Because you're cocky." Guren glared. "Then you'd have killed me sooner. You won't kill me while I'm of use to you."

Soon, Kureto snapped his fingers, ordering the Demon Army soldiers behind him to kill the few vampires that were being held captive in the area. "True. I won't kill you while you're of use to me. So, then. Let me ask you questions to see if you're really being useful." Kureto said, giving Guren a serious look.

"Yuuichiro Hyakuya, Yoichi Saotome, and Shiho Kimizuki. Who are they? How did you create three Black Demon prospects?" He asked, wanting an immediate answer.

Guren sighed. "Luck. We were lucky to have three excellent--" He started to say, but that wasn't the answer Kureto was looking for. "That's impossible. All Black Demon prospects are test subjects of human experiments. And even then, the success rate is very low."

Kureto's glare darkened. "I also noticed that Konekomaru is missing. Mind telling me where he disappeared to?" Guren smirked. "I destroyed him. Remember, you were the one who told me to."

After a while of silence, Kureto began to speak once more. "Well, that's fine. I'm happy to have more Black Demon users. If you have good trial results, share it with me."

"If I feel like it. Is that all you wanted to ask? If so, I'm going to leave." Guren stated as he started to walk away, but Kureto stopped him.

"Next question. Why did you suddenly use Black Demon users as your pawns? Are you planning a coup?" He asked as Guren turned back around. "If that was my plan, I would've killed you right now."

"You wouldn't be able to." Kureto stated. Guren smirked, getting ready to draw his sword. "You wanna try?" Kureto smirked. "Beings back memories." He mumbled, letting out a small sigh. "Don't get so fired up. You're doing a good job. But, I also know your weakness." Kureto stated, startling Guren slightly.  "Love, friendship...emotions that you know should be shut off. But you can't do that. That is why I can trust you, Guren. You'll never become a threat to me because you can't kill your comrades."

Guren'seyes narrowed. "And? Are you gonna play your hostage card? Who's next? What do you want me to say?" He asked, starting to get suspisous.

Kureto shook his head. "Don't be that way." He said, turning towards him. "Oi, Guren. What do you think will happen in the future? "What's the point in living in a world like this?" I'm sure some people ask that question."

"Did you call me to just gripe about things?" Guren asked, starting to get frustrated. "I just want to hear what kind of vision you have. You continue building up military power in a world with no hope or dreams. What's your intention?" Kureto asked.

Guren shrugged. "We need more power because we're in a world like this, right?" Kureto nodded. "Of course. But one is better dead than alive without a vision. People who sacrifice others without a desire is evil." Guren laughed. "Evil, huh?"

"I'm going to recover the world, Guren. Since the vampires broke down the communication network, we can't communicate abroad, but there has to be other human organizations that survived." Kureto said.

"I'm sure. So your goal for the time being is to recover the network?" Guren asked. Kureto shook his head. "No, first I exterminate the vampires from this country. After that, I'll crush the remaining human organizations that survived, putting the world under the Demon Army's control." Kureto stated, a evil grin on his face.

Guren sighed, uninterested. "Sounds like a child's dream." He stated bluntly, but Kureto didn't care. "And as a first step, I'm going to kill all the vampire nobles." Now Guren was interested. How did Kureto plan on doing that?

"Do you even stand a chance?" He asked. Kureto smiled. "Currently, there are 25 nobles in Japan. We already know their location." Guren frowned. "If you press your luck..."

"...I'll have the rug pulled out from under me?" Kureto asked, finishing Guren's sentence. Guren nodded. "It's possible that the intel itself is a trap." Kureto gave Guren a serious look. "I've already considered it, but I don't have time to muddle around."

Guren looked at Kureto in confusion. "What are you in such a hurry?" What was the big deal? What was Kureto so straight forward about? "In a month, the vampire's main unit will attack Tokyo. If we're a step behind, humanity will end in an instant. But if we move now.."

"...We can surprise them?" Guren asked, finishing Kureto's sentence. Kureto nodded. "Guren, I want you to take your team and 100 of the Moon Demon Company soldiers and head to Nagoya. There's a base with 10 nobles. I want you to kill them all and take over the base." He ordered, startling Guren.

"If we do, they'll find out about our activity." Guren stated, not sure about this plan. "It'll be enough if we can distract the enemy's eyes. In the meantime, we'll prepare for the final battle." Kureto said, causing Guren to chuckle.

"So we're disposable, too?" Kureto glared. "This is the most important mission that I can ask only to someone I trust. If we can do this, then I'll take it from there." Guren sighed. "So basically, you can't tell me your true plan, huh? Trust my ass."

Kureto sighed and pulled the small piece of paper out of his pocket, handing it to Guren. "Here's the directive." Guren took the piece of paper from Kureto, still unsure of this plan. Once Guren took the piece of paper, Kureto began to walk away.

"Just shut up and follow my orders. If you do, I'll show you a world where we turn vampires into livestock."

Suddenly, Guren felt someone wrap their arms around him from behind and his eyes widened.

"No, Guren. You're supposed to follow my orders. If you do, I'll make your wish come true."

Guren gritted his teeth and gripped his sword tightly. He wasn't about ready to let Mahiru take control. "Shut up." He said, causing Mahiru to disappear.

What was Kureto planning..?
.
.
.

Yuuichiro's P.O.V

"Did I really almost kill everyone that day?"

I stood on the roof, needing some alone time. This was a lot of information to process at the time.

I heard the door to the roof open behind me and I quickly turned around to see Shinoa. She smiled deviously at me. "Do you see a girl taking her clothes off?" She teased. I rolled my eyes.

"You're always saying things like that." I said, making Shinoa giggle. "Then what were you looking at?" She asked as she looked around the area. I sighed and turned away from her.

"Oi, is it true that I almost killed everyone. That I almost killed both you and Mayu?" I asked, hoping it wasn't true. "Well, a lot happens in life. Means don't matter. In the end, we're still alive and kicking. That's enough." She said. I still couldn't help but sigh.

Shinoa smiled and looked out at the scenery. "The one that I was worried about was Mayu-san. I didn't know what she would've done if you didn't go back to normal. But, I'm glad you did."

"Under normal circumstances, I should've been protecting her. I should've been protecting you and everyone else." I said, causing Shinoa to smirk. "Oh, now you finally I understand the formation." She stated. I rolled my eyes.

"That's right! You and Kimizuki-san are the lineman--the knights of Shinoa's Squad. Please protect me with your life." She said, trying to lighten my mood. But honestly, it wasn't working.

Shinoa looked at me curiously. "Did Guren plan on me losing control?" I asked. Shinoa nodded. "Probably. If you don't have your answer yet--" She started to say, but I cut her off.

"I was looking west." I stated, answering her question from before. She looked at me, completely confused. "Oi, when we raid the vampires, would you come with me?" I asked, startling her.

"What's gotten I to you suddenly?" Shinoa asked, seeing my mood had changed. I scratched the back of my head nervously. "Well, because, if I lose--" I started to say, but she cut me off. "You don't have to worry." Shinoa said, smiling.

I smiled back and stuck my hand out at her. "Then, please." She sighed. "It's a pain to go far, but I guess it can't be helped." She said, taking my hand. "Okay, let's go back." I said as I started to walk back inside.

"They'll probably get mad if we make them wait too long."
.
.
.

*Timeskip: a couple hours later*

Mayu's P.O.V

"I'm going to stick with Guren." Yuu stated, surprising all of us. "Guren said that we're a family. Mitsuba, Yoichi, Kimizuki, Shinoa, Mayu. That you guys are my new family." He said . He looked at all of us.

"Yuu-kun."

"I also think that too. You guys are all important to me. But, I can't forget about Mika either. He's also an important family member. I was abandoned by my parents, so maybe I don't know what a family is. But, does a family betray back just because they were betrayed first?" He asked, his expression completely serious.

We all stayed silent, listening to what Yuu had to say next. "Guren said that he'd lend me a hand with Mika. So I'm going to trust his word." Yuu looked down at the flat surface of the table and clenched his fists.

"I know I'm involving you guys in my personal issues. But I.." He started to say, but I cut him off. "I'm going to have to go with Yuu-kun on this one. I think we should stay with Guren." I stated, putting my cup down.

"Guren may be a jerk, and he may be hiding things from us at this moment, but, I can't forget about what Guren has done for me. He took me in, he trained me, he even barried my parents for me back in Shinjuku. So, I owe Guren my life." I stated, feeling a mix of sad and happy emotions.

Sensing that we were about to cry, Kimizuki stopped Yuu and I from saying anything else. "That's enough." He said as he got up from the table. "My definition of a family's the same. Right?" He asked as he put his hand on Yuu's shoulder.

Everyone nodded with a smile. I smiled back at everyone, feeling happy. Suddenly, Shinoa stood up from the table as well and tapped the edge of her cup with a spoon. I looked at her curiously.

"Why did she do that?"

"So we've reached our conclusion: Defend your family." She said, putting her cup back down on the table. "I would've never thought we'd go with such a tactic in a world like this, but Shinoa's Squad will go with that and fight."

Kimizuki smirked and  put his hand on Yuu's head. "Well, after you fix your bedhead." He said, causing Yuu to glare at him. "I will, once Mayu grows her hair back out." I pouted and flicked him in the forehead.

"I like my hair short, so deal with it!"
.
.
.

Mikaela's P.O.V

"It...hurts...! It hurts so much..."

I stormed right into Krul's throne room, the pain of hunger driving me insane.

"I need blood....I need it so badly...."

As soon as I walked in, I saw her already preparing the blood I needed for later. She smiled at me as soon as she saw me. "Oh, Mika. You're here. I was just getting ready to--" She started to say, but I cut her off.

I quickly grabbed her by her arms and bit her, causing her to drop the vile of blood she was filling up. I didn't care about that, I just wanted the pain to stop.

I let out a sigh of relief as the pain started to fade. Krul giggled and wrapped her arms around me, giving me a hug. "We're you that thirsty?" She asked as she smoothed out my hair. "There, there."

I continued to drink her blood, but I quickly pushed her away as I came to my senses. "S-Sorry, Krul." I said, feeling guilty of my actions.

She smiled. "Everyone gets like that without enough blood." I looked away nervously, trying to figure out how to ask her for more blood. "Um, can I get a little more...stock today?" I asked, making her giggle.

"I'll give you as much as you want." She said as she walked towards me. "But, you won't last forever with just my blood. That day will come for sure." Krul stated as she walked back towards her throne, getting ready to fill more viles for me. "Go wait at the chamber. I'll call you when I'm done."

I nodded and went to leave, but I stopped and turned back towards her. I needed to ask her so many questions, and now was my chance.

"I need to know...I can't leave without answers."

Sensing that I didn't leave, Krul turned back around. "What's wrong?" She asked. "That day, weren't you supposed to kill Yuu-chan, Mayu-chan, and I?" I asked, surprising her.

"Well that's rare. Are you worried for me?" She asked, smiling. I frowned. "Why did you let us live, when it puts you in risk? What are you trying to do with us?" I asked again, hoping I would get a straight answer.

This time, Krul's smile turned into more of an evil one. "That's something you don't need to know." She stated, making me angry. "Don't mess with me! If you're planning on using my family, then-" I started to say, but she quickly silenced me by bending my wrist in the wrong direction.

"Dammit...it hurts.."

"Then, what would you do? You're just my pet." She said, twisting my wrist even more. I winced and grit my teeth. "I can't stay with you anymore." I said, trying to get my wrist out of her grip before she broke it.

Krul sighed. "My, you're so selfish. But I'm not as bad as humans, because I like you three." She stated. I grit my we teeth in pain. "I don't believe you!" I shouted.

Krul glared. "Believe it." She said bluntly and I shook my head. Krul sighed and let go of my wrist. "Fine, I'll tell you why I've kept you three alive,  and why I need the Owari No Seraph." She said as she as she knelt down next to me.

She grabbed the side of my head and whispered into my ear, causing my eyes to widen. I couldn't believe that's what she was planning with us..but..

"She didn't mention Mayu-chan in any of this.."

I shook my head, confused. "Wait, if you only need Yuu-chan and I, why did you keep Mayu alive? What is she to you?! Why do you want me to bring her back here?!"  I asked, wanting to know what she wanted with Mayu.

Krul giggled. "My, you want to know about everything don't you." She stated sounding a bit irritated. "But, I guess I shouldn't keep you guessing at this point." She said as she whispered into my ear.

"Because, just like you, Mayu is very dear to me."

I looked up at her, completely confused. What did she mean by that?

Krul stood back up. "We're going to start a war in a month. This time, we'll send out the main unit to kill every human in Japan. By then, I want Mayu back here." She said as she walked back towards her throne.

"It'll be the great war between vampires and humans." Krul said, turning back towards me. "So, Mika. You'll hide from both humans and vampires to recover Yuu and Mayu. This is a secret mission. Fail, and the whole world will turn on you." I nodded and got up. I couldn't fail, I needed to succeed.

"Alright. I'll save both Yuu-chan and Mayu-chan from both humans and vampires."
.
.
.

Normal P.O.V

Guren's eyes narrowed as he heard a knock on the door to his office. "Come in." He said, the door slowly opening to reveal Shinoa.

"Excuse me. Lieutenant colonel, Yuu-san and Kimizuki-san completed their training. They both succeeded in possession." She reported, catching Guren's interest. "Is that so?" He mumbled as he went back to planning the strategy for Nagoya.

Shinoa sighed. "You asked me last time if I've fallen for Yuu-san." She stated out of nowhere. Guren just ignored it. "I don't recall anything like that, but did you?" He asked. Shinoa shook her head.

"I don't know either, but for the first time in my life, someone needs me, so I plan on measuring up to it. Thank you for your time." She said as she went to leave, but Guren stopped her.

"I have a mission for you, Shinoa. Come to the staging base tomorrow at 0600." She said as he handed her the same small piece of paper Kureto handed him hours before.

"We're going to kill the vampires in Nagoya."
.
.
.

Once Shinoa left, Guren let out a big sigh of frustration. He froze as he sensed that he was no longer alone in that room.

"I know you're in here..vampire."

Soon after, he heard the sound of heals clicking on the tile. "Shut up, you already know why I'm here, Guren Ichinose." Riza said as she put her hands on her hips.

Guren smirked. "Oh really? Well I'm sorry, but I don't have time to answer any of your questions. As you can see I have a war to plan." He stated bluntly, causing the green haired woman to bare her fangs.

Angry, she slammed her hands on his desk. "Don't fuck with me. I don't care about your damn war planning, human. I just came here to know if you're still keeping your damn promise." She stated, glaring at him.

The two continued to glare at each other, the tension starting to grow by each second. If it continued, the two of them would start to fight.

Guren sighed. "Don't worry, I am. Mayu is still very much alive." He said, causing Riza to sigh in relief.  She smiled, feeling like she was going to cry.

"Thank goodness.."

Guren saw the look in her eyes, but pretended not to notice. "There might be a chance you will get to see her in Nagoya, but I'm not to sure." He said, startling Riza.

"I just thought you would like to know--" He said as he turned back around, only to find that she was no longer on the room. He sighed and went back to strategy planning.

It won't be too long now.
.
.
.

Mikaela's P.O.V

"Did you get the order, too?" Rene asked as I headed towards the plane heading for Nagoya. Lacus turned towards me as well. "I was told we're first moving the main unit to Nagoya, and then hit Tokyo." He stated. I nodded.

"I know."
.
.
.

Normal P.O.V

"Left side, increase sensitivity."

One of the doctors turned towards Kureto. "Lieutenant general Kureto, the preparation is complete." He stated. Kureto nodded and gave him the signal to start.

Once the machine was turned on, the test subject began to scream in agony. The The pain was too much for her to handle, but Kureto didn't care. He needed the experiment to be successful.

"Increase the load." Kureto ordered. The doctor did what he was told and increase the amount of power. But it wasn't enough. "Higher." Kureto ordered again, this time causing the doctors eyes to widen.

"B-But if we continue, death is probable..." He started to say, but Kureto didn't care. "Do it." He ordered, this time in a harsher tone. The doctor did as he was told, afraid of the consequences.

If this experiment worked...the Owari No Seraph would be complete.

To be continued...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

64.5K 1.1K 31
It's the summer before her senior year of high school, and Emilia Marshall is spending it at her beach house with her family and best friend, just li...
31.9K 741 12
VERY CRINGE READ AT YOUR OWN RISK 😬 young (y/n) was just 1 years old when her older sister eri killed her father by accident, when her quirk manifes...
510K 19.7K 111
A Miraculous Ladybug Reader Insert Be (Name) and live her life as a student and a heroine when needed. How will she with Ladybug and Chat Noir save t...
159K 3.6K 61
imagines as taylor swift as your mom and travis kelce as your dad