Owari No Seraph: A Friendship...

Bởi vocaloidgeek14

A deadly virus sweeps the Earth, leaving behind only children and vampires. Mayu is a young girl who was left... Xem Thêm

Prologue
Chapter 1: The World Of Blood Legacy
Chapter 2: Humanity After The Fall
Chapter 3: The Demon In Your Heart
Chapter 4: Vampire Mikaela
Chapter 5: Black Demon's Contract
A/N
Chapter 6: New Family
Chapter 7: Mitsuba's Squad
Chapter 8: First Extermination
Chapter 9: Vampire Attack
Chapter 10: Results Of The Choice
Chapter 11: Reunion Of Childhood Friends
Chapter 12: Everyone's A Sinner
Chapter 14: Complicated Connections
Chapter 15: Ambition In The Demon Army
Chapter 16: The Moon Demon's Orders
Chapter 17: Livestock Revolt
Chapter 18: Sword Of Justice
Chapter 19: Shinya and Guren
Chapter 20: Demon's Lullaby
Chapter 21: Traitorous Allies
Chapter 22: Yuu, Mika, and Mayu
Chapter 23: Arrogant Love
Chapter 24: Owari No Seraph
A/N
Chapter 25: Ones True Feelings
Yuu x Mayu
Mika x Mayu
Yuu x Mayu x Mika
Mika X Mayu

Chapter 13: Human World

4.6K 134 55
Bởi vocaloidgeek14

Mayu's P.O.V

"I'm doing this for you..."

I walked towards Guren's office, not even looking back. I didn't care anymore. This is what I had to do!

"Yuu-kun! I'm doing this to protect you!"

When I arrived at the door, I didn't even knock. I swung the door open, startling Guren. As soon as he saw me, his eyes widened.

"Mayu! How did you...?" He started to say, but I cut him off. "That's not important anymore. I need you to be quiet and listen." I stated bluntly. Guren looked at me, unsure of what was going on.

"I need to do this. I don't care how blunt I'm being! I don't care anymore, I'm done sitting on the side lines and watching helplessly!"

I bowed. "Lieutenant colonel Guren! Please teach me how to use my Cursed Gear affectively!" I shouted, clenching my fists.

"What? Why are you asking me? What exactly makes you think that I would be interested in helping you?" He asked. I gritted my teeth. "I'm asking you...because you are the only one I can rely on and also trust!" I stated, startling him.

I looked up at him. "I'm begging you! Last time I was on the battlefield, I didn't have the courage or strenght to protect my comrades from the vampires! I don't want that to happen ever again! I want to become stronger!"

I bowed once more, hoping he would listen to me. "So please, Lieutenant colonel, I want you to give me the training I never had!" Guren was silent for a minute, but eventually he sighed and got out of his chair.

"Alright, I'll train you." He said, sounding a little irritated. Suddenly he put his hand on my shoulder. "But..don't expect it to be easy." I nodded. "I don't expect it to be at all. But, I do want you to know this." I said, turning towards him.

"No matter what...I won't give up. No matter how many times you knock me down..I won't stop until I win."

Guren sighed. "Damn kid.." He mumbled as he walked out the door. "Your training starts now, so hurry up." I nodded and quickly ran down the hall to grab my scythe.

"Thank you...Guren!"
.
.
.

*Timeskip: a week later.*

Normal P.O.V

Shinoa swung her scythe at Guren, who was continuously dodged them. She gritted her teeth, this time calling out her demon.

"Shi-chan."

She swung her scythe once more, the demon getting ready to attack Guren.

"Lend me your powers, Mahiru." Guren said, drawing his sword. Shinoa flinched when she heard the name that was being called out.

Before the demon could attack Guren, he swung his sword, causing it to vanish. Shinoa soon appeared behind him, the blade of her scythe at his throat.

"Why'd you stop? Kill me if you want to." Guren said, causing Shinoa to grit her teeth. "Well, why didn't you dodge?" Guren sighed. "I don't mind if it's you who kills me."

Shinoa glared, gripping her weapon tightly. "As an atonement for the killing of Mahiru Hiiragi, my Onee-chan?" She gritted her teeth, angry.

"Falling into an unrequited love for you, she yearned for you,  got possessed by a demon, and then..." Shinoa said, feeling tears sting the corners of her eyes.

Guren turned towards her. "That's right. I killed her."

Shinoa pointed at Guren's weapon. "But my Onee-chan still lives inside that sword, right?" She gritted her teeth. "You're possessed by my sister. You completed the Cursed Gear and betrayed the Hiiragi family. Are you trying to use Yuu-san because my sister is telling you to?" Shinoa asked, her eyes narrowing.

"What is your intent?" She asked, lowering her weapon. "If it's something that's not going to help Yuu-san, could you please stop it?"

Guren sighed. "Why? Have you fallen for him?" Shinoa looked down at the ground. She didn't know how she felt. It was all so confusing for her.

Suddenly, Guren pointed his sword at Shinoa, causing her to jump. "True, she's in here. But I have control. I'm not possessed." He said, putting it back in its shealth.

"What if I said I don't trust you?" Shinoa asked as Guren began walking away. Guren just shrugged.

"I don't care. Believe what you want."
.
.
.

Guren sighed as he sat at the edge of Mayu's bed. "How are your injuries?" He asked. She just looked at him, unable to move.

"Not that bad. It just hurts to move." She laughed, but quickly went silent as the pain hit her. "I'm alright. It's going to take me a bit to heal, but I'll be alright." Guren nodded. "Alright. Get some rest."

Before he could leave, Mayu sat up and grabbed his sleeve, wincing as she re-opened a couple of her wounds.

"Please don't tell Yuu-kun..don't tell him about how injured I am.I don't want him to worry about me too much." She said. Guren just sighed. "Alright, I won't. Now rest already, damn kid."
.
.
.

*Flashback: a few hours ago.*

"It's about time we call it quits, Mayu."

Mayu winced as she got up off the ground. He body was so covered in wounds that she couldn't tell which part of her hurt the most.

Mayu shook her head. "No! I'm not done yet!" She shouted, holding her scythe tightly. Guren sighed. "Seriously? Anymore and your gonna break." Mayu gritted her teeth.

"It's don't give a damn! I'm not gonna stop, not until I beat you!" Mayu exclaimed as she charged at Guren. She leaped forward and swung her scythe, almost hitting Guren.

Guren blocked her attack, knocking her weapon out of her hands. He quickly kicked her in her stomach, causing her to fall to the ground, wheezing and coughing.

"I'm telling you this now. You need to stop! We've been going at this for almost a week and a half." Guren stated, putting his sword back in its sheath. "Go rest before you pass out."

Mayu clenched her fists. "DAMMIT!! I SAID I'M NOT DONE!!" She growled, slowly starting to get off the ground. Mayu grabbed her scythe, using it for support.

"I told you before, remember? No matter what...I won't give up! No matter how many times you knock me down, whether it be by kicking me, stabbing me, punching me," Mayu looked up at Guren, her eyes full of determination.

"I WON'T STOP UNTIL I WIN!!!"

Mayu charged at Guren, swinging her scythe. Before Guren could draw his sword, Mayu kicked him in the side, causing him to stumble backward.

Guren chuckled. "I'm surprised that you still have some fight left in you! Normally someone would've already been knocked out."

Guren drew his sword, blocking Mayu's attacks. Soon, her speed picked up, making it harder for him to block her attacks.

What was going on? When did Mayu become this strong? Was she using her demons power?

Suddenly, Mayu swung her scythe, knocking the sword out of Guren's hand.

Wha...what the?!

"I thought you weren't going to use your demon's powers." Guren said, avoiding a few of Mayu's attacks. Mayu chuckled. "Your right. I did tell you I wasn't going to." She said as Guren grabbed his weapon off the ground.

Mayu held up her weapon up defensively. "And as you can see, if I was, my wounds would have all been healed by now."

She was right. If she relied on her demon for anything, her wounds would be instantly healed. What was she trying to prove by not healing herself?

Mayu charged at Guren once again. "I will defeat you!" She said, swinging her scythe at him.

"I WILL BECOME STRONGER!!"
.
.
.

Mayu wheezed, trying to take as many deep breaths as she could. "Are you not gonna kill me?" Guren asked, the blade of Mayu's scythe right by his head.

Her grip around his throat loosened and she let him get up. "Are you seriously going to ask me that question? That's just stupid." She said as she stood up.

"I don't kill family."

*End of flashback*
.
.
.

Those words continued to ring through his ears. Nobody had really said anything like that to him.

"I don't kill family."

Guren sighed and started to walk away.  Now that she was finally asleep, he could lea...

Guren was stopped when he felt his sleeve being tugged at. He looked down to see Mayu was still holding onto it tightly. Guren sighed and sat back down.

"Stupid kid..." He mumbled. Mayu stirred a little, her eyes closed tightly. "Please don't leave....Oto-san..." She mumbled, burying her face into the pillow. Guren sighed, smiling a little.

"I wish.."
.
.
.

Yuuichiro's P.O.V

"Dammit.."

I flipped through the pages of the book, not finding what I was looking for. I sighed in irritation.

It had been a whole week and already, and I still couldn't find a damn thing. I felt my headache starting to come back and I let out a big sigh of frustration.

"You're here again, Yuu-san."

I quickly sat up, startled. "Shinoa! You scared me." Shinoa gave me a serious look. "You're supposed to be bed resting." She said. I sighed. "I've rested enough. I'm fine already."

Shinoa shook her head. "That's for the doctor to decide. Besides..." She started to say, clenching her fists tightly. I looked at her curiously.

"Is she okay."

Shinoa sighed and picked the book I was reading off the ground. "Never mind."

Suddenly, she smirked. "Are you looking at porn again? Typical men!" She giggled as she started flipping through the pages.

I tried to grab the book from her. "Oi, give it back! Give it!" I shouted as she avoided me. When she found the page I was on, her eyes widened. I sighed.

"I just wanted to know...how I could turn Mika back to normal.."

Shinoa quickly gave the book back to me and started heading out the door. Before she left, she turned towards me. "Yuu-san. Do you want to turn Mika-san back into a human being?" She asked.

I wanted to tell her, but for some reason I couldn't. I don't know why though. Shinoa sat next to me. "If you'd like to know what I know, I can share the information with you." My eyes widened and I turned towards her.

"What?" I asked. "Do you want to here it?" She asked as I quickly nodded. I wanted to know so badly. I wanted to help Mika. Shinoa giggled. "Jeez, only at times like this are you obedient and cute."

I glared at her. "Shut up! Hurry up and tell me!" Shinoa giggled and then became surious. "First of all, turning humans into vampires doesn't happen often. The vampires dislike growing in numbers, and above all, only the nobles have the authority to turn humans into vampires." I clenched my fists.

"So does that mean..."

"You mean Mika was chosen by a noble?" I asked. Shinoa nodded. "Does someone come to mind?" She asked. I looked down at the ground, gritting my teeth in frustration. "Yeah, sorta.."

Shinoa noticed my frustration and quickly changed the subject. "So? Are you going to kill all the vampires?" I looked up at her and shook my head. "No...Mika's alive. Right now, that's enough. Anyway, do you know a way to turn a vampire human, Shinoa?" I asked, startling her a bit.

She shook her head no and I sighed. "I see...that's too bad. I said, feeling upset. I thought she would at least know something. Shinoa smiled at me. "You suddenly seem mature. Is it because your reason to live has changed?" She asked. I frowned.
.
.
.

"Special Private Yuuichiro Hyakuya. Report to the First Office."
.
.
.

I looked up at the P.A. system, startled. "Hm? Is Guren paging me?" I asked. Shinoa shook her head, looking worried. "No, its probably the Hiiragi family." I was surprised. What did the they want with me?

"The Hiiragi family, as in the leaders of the Demon Company that got Japan back together to recovery?" I asked as Shinoa nodded. "You should hurry up and go."

I sighed and got up, heading towards the door. I stopped, quickly realizing something. "Wait. Your last name is also Hiiragi..." Shinoa giggled innocently.

"Oops, you've finally caught on! I actually am. I'm a very high-ranking person. Now, worship me as much as you'd like!" She stated. I rolled my eyes.

Shinoa smiled. "Joking aside, the Hiiragi's are mostly scary people, so be careful." She said, sounding surious. I nodded and headed out the door.

I quickly peeked my head back inside for a minute. "By the way, Shinoa. Have you seen Mayu anywhere recently? I haven't seen her around in the past few days." Shinoa shook her head.

"I haven't seen her at all today. But, the last time I did see her, she was with Guren." My eyes narrowed.

"Why the hell would she be with Guren?"
.
.
.

"Oi, baka-Yuu." Guren said, catching my attention. I walked towards him, wondering what the hell he wanted. Guren smirked."So the main family pages you and you happily go running to them?" He taunted, causing me to glare.

"Huh? What's with the tone?" I asked, starting to get suspisous. "So, Yuu. Do you know this story? Once upon a time, an old man freed a crane caught in a trap. That crane wove beautiful cloth with its own wings to return the favor." Guren said. My glare darkening.

"When did this become story time?!"

"What are you talking about?!" I questioned, starting to lose patience. "Guren pointed at himself. "I saved you. Not only did I save you, but I taught you how to live and wield swords."

What the hell...what was Guren getting at?

"What's suddenly gotten into you? You're being seriously patronizing." I said as Guren chuckled. "If you're grateful, return the favor today." I was starting to get really confused. What the fuck was he blabbering about?!

I started to get a bit worried. "Again, what are you--" I started to say but Guren cut me off. "I own you. So don't wag your tail to the Hiiragi family." He said bluntly.

"What the hell...?! He doesn't own me! What am I to him, so kind of object?!"

I stormed past him, angry. "I get it. That's what this is about." I said. Guren nodded slightly. "It is."

I gritted my teeth. "And I'm guessing you "own" Mayu as well, huh?" I stated bluntly. Guren didn't answer me that time, but I ignored it.

"It's ridiculous. I don't care about fights between people at--" I started to say, but Guren cut me off again. "Shut up, kid. You may not care, but that's how the world--" This time, I cut him off. I didn't have time for a huge ass lecture.

"You don't have to worry about it." I said, turning towards him. "I'm never going to abandon or betray my friends."

Guren sighed. "Oh? Well, you've got one thing wrong. I'm not your friend." He said, causing me to look at him curiously. "Then what are you?"

Guren smirked. "Your superior. Life saver. Guardian. Basically your god." I sighed in irritation.

"First Shinoa...now Guren...seriously?!"

"You're so annoying!" I groaned as I started to walk away. I stopped as soon as I remembered what Shinoa told me. "By the way, Guren. Where's Mayu?" I asked. Guren just shrugged. "I don't know what you're talking about."

I glared. "Don't play dumb. Shinoa said that the last time she saw Mayu was a few days ago, and the last person she seen her with was you. Where is she?"  I asked once more. Guren sighed slightly.

"Don't worry about it."
.
.
.

Mayu's P.O.V

I woke up hearing something small hitting the window. I went to sit up, but I quickly fell back down as a sharp pain ran through my body.

"Ow..."

I slowly extended my arm and opened the curtain to see three or four moth's on the glass and I sighed.

"You're really starting to get impatient aren't you...Konekomaru."

I heard Konekomaru click his tongue in annoyance. "You're damn right I'm getting impatient! I'm still very angry with you for ignoring me." He said, sounding pretty mad.

I giggled slightly, trying to ignore the pain that came with it.

"I'm sorry Konekomaru. Please don't be mad at me."

Konekomaru sighed, ignoring my plea. I pouted. So he was gonna play the quiet game now was he? I sighed.

"Alright then. I guess I'll just have to lay here, in pain, suffering, unable to move..."

Konekomaru let out a huge sigh of frustration. "Damn human! Stop toying with me!" I giggled.

"I'm sorry. You can go ahead and heal me now if you want."

Soon, the moth's that were on the window fluttered into the room, quickly healing my wounds. I let out a sigh of relief as the pain vanished.

"Next time, don't ignore me. Remember, I'm here to help you and give you all the power that you need." He said. I nodded and sat up, my injuries all healed.

"I know. I just wanted to prove to Guren that I could defeat somebody whose a lot stronger than me without using the powers of a demon. I know that it's dangerous...but I just had to prove that I can."

"I want to become stronger...without having to rely on the powers of a demon."

Konekomaru chuckled. "Well, I guess you've already proved that. But still, if your in a tough situation..you'll have no choice but to rely on the powers of demon."

I looked out the window, wondering where Yuu was. "I wonder...where is Yuu-kun? Normally he would be back by now."

"While you were asleep, I was keeping an eye on him. I already don't like where he's going." Konekomaru stated, starting to worry me.

"Where is Yuu-kun? Is he okay?"

Konekomaru sighed.

"Yuuichiro has been summoned by the Hiiragi family."
.
.
.

Yuuichiro's P.O.V

"Huh? Were you paged too?" I asked Mitsuba, suddenly running into her. She walked away from me, not saying a word. "How'd it go?" I asked, causing her to stop.

"It was just an interview." She replied, turning towards me. "I'm apparently moving up a rank for my recent contribution in fighting off the vampires."

I smiled. "A promotion, huh?" Mitsuba chuckled. "Of course.  I am worth it." She stated proudly. I shrugged. "If you say so." Mitsuba gritted her teeth. "Oi! At least say something back!" She shouted.

I looked back at her, startled by her sudden outburst. "You know it, too!" Mitsuba said as she clenched her fists. "I was completely useless in that battlefield! It turns out it was just all talk..." She said, sounding like she was about to cry.

"I'm...I'm weak. And still, I'm probably the only one to get promoted. Just because I'm from the prestigious Sangu family...if you're going to laugh at the dirty politics...if you are.." She said, covering her eyes with her arm. She tried hiding her tears of shame, but I could still see them.

"I would never laugh at something like that..never!"

I grabbed Mitsuba's arm, moving it away from her face. "Mitsuba. I'm not laughing." I said as she sniffled. I smiled at her. "Anyway, I had no clue. I mean, two princesses on our team? I just noticed a while ago that Shinoa's from the Hiiragi family, too."

Mitsuba laughed, wiping her eyes. "Are you...stupid?" She asked. I just sighed. "Shut up. Anyway, a promotion's good. Go higher up and help me out." Mitsuba's look became serious. "You mean...for your family?" She asked. I nodded.

"You'll be asked about that in your interview." Mitsuba said, startling me. "They ordered me to "Keep an eye on him because he could be a spy"." I looked at her curiously. "Oh? And what do you think of me?" I asked.

Mitsuba shook her head. "I told them. "That's impossible.". That "he doesn't look like he has the brains to fool anybody."."

I smiled. "That's just like you. But..thanks for believing in me." I said as I went into the elevator. "Yuu.." She said, stopping me for a second.

She looked at me seriously. "The Hiiragi family is very terrifying. So please watch out." I nodded in reply.

"Yeah, thanks."
.
.
.

Normal P.O.V

Mitsuba sighed as she looked up at the building. Why was Yuu even summoned there? Was he in some sort of trouble? If he was, it was obviously about the incident two weeks ago.

"What's wrong? Why are you sighing?"

Mitsuba turned around, instantly meeting eyes with Shinoa. "Oh, Shinoa. What are you doing?" She asked. Shinoa just shrugged. "Nothing really. I was just taking a walk."

Shinoa tilted her head curiously. "We're you paged too, Mitsu-chan?" Mitsuba nodded. "I got promoted to Vampire Extermination Unit Special Second Lieutenant." She said, causing Shinoa to giggle.

"Ah, I'm impressed! So a Sangu can get a promotion without working for it." Mitsuba glared, angered by Shinoa's thoughtless words.

Shinoa smiled slightly. "Did I upset you?" She asked. Mitsuba shook her head. "Whatever! What about you? You probably got promoted--" She started to say, but Shinoa cut her off.

"Nope. Besides, even if they give me a promotion, I'll shoot it down." She said, startling Mitsuba.

"So a Hiiragi can do whatever they want." Mitsuba mumbled under her breath, but Shinoa heard her. "Not at all. I actually think I've been abandoned."

Mitsuba sighed and turned back toward she looked away. "So, how much information did you give in exchange for the promotion?" Shinoa asked.

"What do you mean?" Mitsuba asked, turning back towards Shinoa. Shinoa's look became serious. "About what happened in the battlefield. Yuu-san losing control."

Mitsuba sighed. "I kept saying I don't know anything. Seemed like the top didn't either." She stated, starting to become suspisous. "That means this wasn't an official experiment by the Demon Army." She said,giving Shinoa a curious look.

"Do you know what that was?" Mitsuba asked as Shinoa looked down at the ground, worried.

"I'm not sure. In a world like this, it's no longer clear who's on your side and who's not."

That's when Mitsuba realized something. She turned towards Shinoa. "Oi. Have you seen Mayu at all lately? Normally she would be with Yuu, but she was no where to be found." Shinoa shook her head.

"I haven't seen her at all for the past few days actually. The last time I did see her, she was with Lieutenant colonel Guren." Shinoa said, startling Mitsuba.

Why would Mayu be with Guren? And even more so..

Why didn't the Hiiragi's not question her about Mayu?
.
.
.

Mayu's P.O.V

"Explain what the hell is going on right now, Guren!"

I was furious. Beyond reasoning with at this point. Why the hell was Yuu summoned by the Hiiragi's, the head family of the Japanese Imperial Demon Army?! If it was because of when Yuu went berserk...

Why wasn't I summoned as well?!

Guren looked up at me from the corner of his eye and then looked away, brushing me off.

I felt my temper rising. I had every right to be there with Yuu. I was there when Yuu lost control. So why wasn't my name even mentioned?

I gritted my teeth. "God dammit Guren!!" I growled, my temper gone. Without any hesitation, I punched his desk, catching his attention.

"LISTEN TO SOMEONE WHEN THEY ARE FUCKING TALKING TO YOU!!" I snarled, startling him. Guren glared at me. "You know, you're going to fix that." He said, examining the huge hole left in his desk.

I shook my head. "I don't give a damn about that! Stop changing the subject!"

I gritted my teeth, hoping he was going to give me an answer. "Why was Yuu-kun summoned by the Hiiragi family? Why wasn't I summoned as well? I'm Yuu-kun's family! I was there when this thing happened to him! Tell me!" I shouted, starting to irritate Guren.

"I need to know. I don't want to be left hanging."

Guren sighed and got out of his chair. "I guess I have no choice but to tell you. Other than that you're just gonna pester me all day." He stated bluntly, causing me to glare.

"Yuu was summoned by the Hiiragi family because of the incident a couple weeks ago. They're suspecting him of being a spy for the vampires because he knew one of them." Guren said, my eyes widening.

"A vampire...spy..? That's not true. Mika-kun is our family, that's why Yuu-kun and I know him."

"Then, what about me? I know Mika-kun as well. Why did the Hiiragi's not summon me?" I asked, starting to become worried. This didn't make any sense.

Guren took a minute to answer. "That I don't know. I honestly don't know." He said, turning away from me.

I saw that look on his face. He knew. He knew why they didn't summon me. What was going on?

I stepped out of Guren's office, confused and angry. I couldn't believe this.

"Can..."

"Can I even trust Guren...?"
.
.
.

Yuuichiro's P.O.V

"What the hell?"

I stepped into the room, the only light that was there was the one shining in from the hallway.

The room itself as quiet, a little too quiet for my taste. Suddenly, the door behind me slammed shut, causing me to be on guard.

"I already don't like this.."

A heard a slight noise behind me and I quickly turned around. Suddenly, a small light snapped on, revealing a vampire that was sitting on the floor infront of me.

The vampire glared at me, baring it's fangs. I quickly drew my sword.

"Why the hell is a vampire..."

The vampire quickly lunged at me and I dodged. Why would a vampire be in a place like this? Did it break loose...

Or did someone let it out..

I swung my sword, catching the vampire off guard. Before it could attack me again, I sliced it in half, making it turn into dust. "Jeez, what's going on?"

Suddenly, all the lights turned on. "It was a loyalty test to see if you're a traitor." A male voice emitted from the front of me, casing me to turn around.

There were three of them, two males and one female. "Shall we start the interview then?" The black haired male asked. I stayed on the defensive, not sure if I could really trust them.

"Who the hell are you?" I asked. The black haired male kept a straight face. "Kureto Hiiragi. Lieutenant general of the Japanese Imperial Demon Army." My eyes widened slightly in shock.

"Hiiragi?! So he's also from the Hiiragi family?"

Kureto drew his sword and pointed it at me. " Yuuichiro Hyakuya. First, let me test your swordsmanship. Don't activate the curse." I smirked. I was looking for a challenge.

"That's fine, but it's not my fault if I humiliate the almighty Hiiragi." I said as I pointed my sword back at him. "You shouldn't believe everything Kureto-Nii-san says, Yuu-chan." The silver-haired male next to him said.

"What does he mean by that? Was I being fooled?"

"Too late. Possess me, Raimeiki." Kureto commanded, causing this green lighting to form around the blade of the sword. He swung his sword at me and I quickly tried to block it. But the attack was too strong and it sent me flying into the wall.

I got up as fast as I could and tried to lunge at him, but I soon found myself unable to move. If I took another step closer, I would probably have a nice huge gash in my throat.

Well wouldn't that be fun to explain to Mayu..

"You only see what's in front of you. So this is your best." Kureto said. I grit my teeth. "That was dirty." I said as Kureto moved his sword away from my neck. "Will you scream "That was dirty" and die on the battlefield?" He asked, starting to walk away. "But you have the right attitude, listening to my words "Don't activate the curse" without a doubt. Hard to believe you're that disobedient Guren's--"

While he had his back turned, I swung my sword at him, only to have my attack blocked by the blonde haired female that was standing next to him earlier.

"Wait...she looks just like Mitsuba. Could they be related?"

I looked up at Kureto, who had turned around to see what happened. "You would've died if your comrade didn't protect you just now." I said as the blonde glared at me.

I smirked. "Oh, wait. Are you going to say it was dirty for attacking from behind?" Kureto turned away from me and sighed. "I take that back. You are indeed Guren's subordinate." He said as I put my sword back in its sheath.

"What, is it over already?" I asked, only to find out that it really wasn't anywhere near over. "Shinya." Kureto commanded as he turned towards the silver-haired male.

Shinya shook his head. "What? I don't wanna. Unlike you, I don't like to bully the weak." Kureto's eyes narrowed. "Don't talk back. You're just an adoptive son." Kureto said bluntly, making Shinya sigh in irritation. "This is such such a pain."

I glared and drew my sword. Who the hell was he calling weak?! "Don't fool around. Who the hell are you calling weak?" I asked. Shinya chuckled. "You, of course."

I gritted my teeth. "You wanna try me?" I shouted, pointing my sword at him. If Mayu was here right now, she probably would have hit me upside the head for doing this.

But right now...Mayu isn't here.

"Well, those are his orders. Let's start." Shinya said, his weapon soon appearing. He pointed his gun at me and put his finger on the trigger.

"Shoot, Byakkomaru."

I held my sword up defensively, ready to block his attack. But even after he pulled the trigger, nothing happened.

"Wha...but, didn't he already fire his weapon?"

"Yuu-kun, behind you!"

I quickly turned around and swung my sword, deflecting Shinya's attack. My eyes widened. Who the hell was...who said that to me?

"Oi, focus already, Baka-Yuu! He's taking the advantage!"

I quickly turned back around, to find myself quickly being knocked to the ground. Before I could get up, Shinya pointed his gun at me.

"Okay, I win. By the way, my Byakkomaru specializes in long distance combat. In close combat, I'm no match for Kureto-Nii-san or Guren. Do you understand what that means?" Shinya asked. I stood up and shook my head.

Shinya sighed. "But, it's not your fault; seems you weren't properly trained on the Cursed Gear. Don't feel too bad." He said, his gun disapearing.

"Anyway, does this clear your suspicion?" He asked, turning towards Kureto. "His reaction shows he really doesn't know me."

"What?"

I glared. "Huh? What are you talking about?" I asked, turning Shinya's attention back towards me. "They actually suspect me, too, since I'm good friends with Guren. The fact that there may be a vampire spy inside the army is a huge and unforgivable problem for the Hiiragi family." My eyes widened slightly.

"A...A vampire spy? They can't be serious, can they?!"

I grit my teeth and clenched my fists. "I don't care. Either way, there's no way I'm a--" I started to say, but I was quickly cut off.

"Bring him." Kureto said as he started heading into another room. The blonde female tried to grab my wrist, but I quickly pulled away from her. Ignoring me, she grabbed my wrist and dragged me into the room.

"What the hell?!"

When the four of us were in the room, the lights suddenly went out, and the ones in the other room did. I looked through the window and my eyes widened.

"Kimizuki! Yoichi!"

The both of them were tied up in chairs, injured. I saw two other Demon Army soldiers behind them, holding some kind of weapon in their hands.

I pounded on the glass, hoping that the two of them could see me and hear me. But it looked like they couldn't. I turned towards Kureto, full of rage.

"You bastard! What the hell did you do?!" I shouted. Kureto's expression didn't change. "I worked them over because you're a spy." I grit my teeth in frustration.

"Again with this bullshit?!"

"Quit fooling around!" I shouted, but Kureto just ignored me. "We're going to start the interview. You'll only speak the truth. Resist, and your friends die." He stayed, my eyes widening.

"H-He's not really going to go that far...is he?!"

"There's very little information on your report. A star pupil that got the Black Demon Series in a short period." He said, turning to look at Yoichi and Kimizuki. "Well, those two as well. Normally, there'd be a background check for those who got through the Cursed Gear ceremony."

Kureto turned back to me. "But for you three. What does this mean?" I flinched. He had only mention three. Does he even know that there were four of us?

"Does he even know about Mayu. If he did, why wasn't she here? This didn't make any sense."

"Where did you all come from? What is your mission?" He asked. I shook my head. "Mission? I don't know any..." Before I could finish my sentence, he gave the two Demon Army soldiers the order to continue.

The one behind Kimizuki drew his weapon and stabbed him in the shoulder. Kimizuki let out a muffled cry of pain and agony, causing me to wince. "Stop it..." I mumbled, wishing I could help them.

"This is too cruel....it's this what Shinoa and Mitsuba meet when they said that the Hiiragi's were terrifying people?!"

"Answer truthfully." Kureto ordered, continuing with this so called interview. I turned towards him. "H-Hold on! I don't know the--" I started to say, but I was cut off when Kureto signaling the Demon Army soldiers once again.

This time it was Yoichi who was stabbed. I clenched my fists as I heard his his cry of pain. This wasn't right! Why were they the ones being tortured? Why wasn't it me?!

"Please stop! I'll answer everything I can!" I shouted, wanting this to stop. "Of course you will. Now, let's continue." Kureto said, continuing to ask me questions.

"You grew up in the vampire city. However, you managed to escape. That's when your family was killed, and why you're more revenge-hungry than others." Kureto said, my past memories starting to come back. " That's what your report says. Is this correct?" He asked.

I clenched my fists. "Yeah, so there's no way I'm spying for--" I started to say, but he cut me off. "Just answer your questions." I glared, gritting my teeth.

"Dammit..."

"After that, Guren Ichinose took you in. But why? Why did Guren save you? What are you to him?" Kureto asked. I wanted to tell him, but I couldn't answer that question. I didn't know what I was to Guren at all. I don't even know why he saved me.

"That's..." I started to say, but I was cut off again. "Why is your last name Hyakuya? Are you a survivor of the Hyakuya Sect?" Kureto asked. I just shook my head. "N-No, that's just from the orphanage I belonged in." I stated, starting to become confused.

I had no idea what he meant by Hyakuya Sect. It made no sense. Another thing I couldn't understand was why he didn't ask me about Mayu. I guess that proved he didn't know anything about her, but...

That's not right...it feels like...

He doesn't doesn't even know she exists.

"The Hyakuya Sect was the largest spellcraft organization in Japan. They gathered orphans, bringing them into their orphanage for human experimentation. You're probably a lab rat for the spellcraft experimentation." Kureto stated, causing my eyes to widen.

"W-What...."

Kureto chuckled. "It's making sense now. It appears Guren is trying to use something inside you." He held his hand out to me append I backed up. "Good. Then work for me, Yuuichiro Hyakuya. I will guide you."

I looked down at the ground. Did I have a choice? Could I even refuse?

I looked back up at him. "Let Yoichi and Kimizuki go." I said, refusing his offer completely.

"I'm not about ready to let anyone one else use me. I refuse to ever let that happen!"

Kureto sighed and signaled for the Demon Army soldiers to let Kimizuki and Yoichi go. It saw the both of them fall to the ground, too injured to move.

I clenched my fists tightly. "I don't know what you and Guren are squabbling over," I said, glaring daggers at Kureto. "But at least Guren wouldn't use this kind of method." I was beyond angry. He hurt my friends just to get me to talk...

I hate him..

"That's why he can never catch up with me." Kureto said as he walked out of the room.

"You may go now."

When Kureto was gone, Shinya started to laugh, startling me. "My feelings exactly. My gosh, this is a terrible place, isn't it?" He asked. I shook my head.

Shinya sighed. Then, he looked towards the door, making sure no one was on the other side. When he didn't hear anyone, he reached into his pocket, pulling something out.

"So? Did you hear all of that, little friend." He asked, looking at the moth in his hand. My eyes widened as I realized who's moth that was.

"M-Mayu?!!"

Shinya chuckled. "Don't worry, your friends are alright. I'm actually surprised that Kureto-Nii-san didn't ask about you." He said as the moth fluttered out of his hand.

"Are you angry? Well, I wouldn't blame you. If Guren was hiding things from me, I would be just as mad." Shinya said as the moth fluttered on my shoulder.

I went to touch it. But it soon disappeared. I looked around the room, wondering where it went.

"Where did she..?"

Shinya stood up and opened the door. "We should go now."

"Your little friend friend is probably waiting for you."
.
.
.

Normal P.O.V

Mitsuba looked at the time on her pocket watch and sighed. It had been almost four hours and there was still no sign of Yuu.

"Are you that worried about Yuu-san?" Shinoa asked. Startling Mitsuba. "Wha?! Of course not! Why would I worry about that idiot..."

Even though she said that, she was worried. The Hiiragi's were very terrifying people, so it worried her. Shinoa went to say something, but she was cut off by the faint voice in the distance.

"Shinoa-chan! Mitsuba-senpai!"

Both girls shot up, their eyes widening as they saw Mayu running towards them. "Mayu-chan!" Shinoa exclaimed as she ran over to hug the green haired girl.

"Where were you idiot! We couldn't find you for almost a week!" Mitsuba stated. Mayu gave her a nervous giggle. "I'm very sorry Mitsuba-senpai. I've just been training for the past few days. I didn't mean to worry everyone." She said, causing Mitsuba to sigh.

"Oh, Yuu-san." Shinoa said, catching both girls attention. Both Shinoa's and Mitsuba's eyes widened as they saw Kimizuki and Yoichi with him, badly hurt.

Mitsuba ran towards the three. "What's going on?! What happened?!" She asked, making sure that they were okay. Yuu glared. "It was bullshit. The damn Hiiragi.." He started to say, until he caught sight of Guren.

"Guren! You need to explain everything!" He shouted. Mayu glared at Guren, gritting her teeth. "Yeah, you have a lot of explaining to do you son of a bitch!"

Yuu stormed towards Guren, completely angry. "I heard from Kureto Hiiragi that me, my family, Mika, angry the others were all guinea pigs!" He shouted, clenching his fists.

"Did you save me in order to use me?!" Yuu asked. Mayu crossed her arms. "I heard as well. What are you hiding?"

It was quiet for a bit, but Guren finally spoke up. "Yes. I don't have the luxury to save people with no value." He stated bluntly. Mayu and Yuu, gritted their teeth. Why the hell would Guren do something like this?

"And? Knowing that, are you gonna get upset over it?" Guren asked. Yuu shook his head, startling Mayu. "No. I would've died if you hadn't saved me anyway. All I want to know is whether I'm of any use to you or not." Yuu said. He looked at Guren, wanting to know what his answer was.

"If you need me, could you want Mika, too? If you also want Mika, then I don't care if I do a lab rat. Just please tell me how to get Mika back!" Yuu said, hoping there was some way to save his family from the vampires.

Mayu clenched her fist. She wanted to know the same thing. Was there a way to get Mika back? Could they get Mika back?

Guren sighed. "Like I said before, everyone here is your family, including me. So we just have to work together to get you family back." He said, starting to walk away.

"Then...if we're on the same team, then properly teach me how to use the Cursed Gear!" Yuu shouted, startling everyone. Mayu's eyes widened. "Yuu-kun...what.."

Guren turned towards Yuu. "Of course. I intend to. But first, first bit of a break. I need one after almost getting my face chopped off by half-pint over there." He stated, making Mayu glare.

"Come back here and say that again! This time I am gonna chop your face off!" She shouted, grabbing her scythe. She gritted her teeth.

"Dammit...I'm not that short!!"
.
.
.

Mikaela's P.O.V

I clutched my throat, trying to use the wall for support so I wouldn't fall over. It had gotten worse since I brought Mayu with me. Now, the only thing I could think of was drinking Mayu's blood.

"Dammit..."

"Why don't you take a sip already?"

My eyes shot open and I quickly turned around to see Ferid standing next to me. Ferid looked at me suriously. "I think right now is your best-looking age. So just take a--" He started to say, but he was cut off.

"Um, I heard I'd be made special arrangements if I offered Ferid-Sama my blood." A child said walking up to us. Ferid smiled. "Who told you that? Mika-kun?" He asked, turning towards me.

I shook my head weakly, the pain in my throat starting to get worse. My eyes widened as Ferid grabbed the child by his throat.

"Hey, Mika-kun. Drink this kid's blood to stop your aging." He said, his nails starting to dig into the child's neck. I felt my throat tighten up and I gritted my teeth.

"No! There's no way I'm gonna hurt this child!"

I charged forward, grabbing Ferid's wrist. "It's against the rules to directly drink blood." I stated, causing Ferid to frown. "Such a goody two-shoes." He said, letting go of the child.

Ferid looked at me. "Could it be that you think Yuu-kun and Mayu-chan will hate you if you drink human--" He started to say, but I quickly cut him off. I didn't want to hear any of his bullshit.

"What do you want?" I asked bluntly, wanting him to go away. He smiled. "I was going to have you attend tomorrow's Progenitor Council."

I started to get suspisous. "The Progenitor Council? Why me?" I asked, making Ferid chuckle. "Because it'd be more interesting that way, Mika-kun." He said as he started to walk away with the child. "So then, shall we go?"

When he was gone, I felt a sharp pain in my chest, causing me to fall over. It hurt so much that it felt like like couldn't breath. I clenched my eyes tightly, hoping the pain would disappear.

"It's so painful...Mayu-chan..."

To be continued...

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

16.8K 544 15
So this is about a female reader, she has the power of all dragon slayers from Fairytail as a quirk. she can only do fire, iron, and wind. she is lea...
510K 19.7K 111
A Miraculous Ladybug Reader Insert Be (Name) and live her life as a student and a heroine when needed. How will she with Ladybug and Chat Noir save t...
31.9K 741 12
VERY CRINGE READ AT YOUR OWN RISK 😬 young (y/n) was just 1 years old when her older sister eri killed her father by accident, when her quirk manifes...
1.6K 111 9
فتاه انطوائيه لاتتكلم مع احد الا للضروره لاتخرج من المنزل الا لحاجتها قليل ماتتفاعل مع من حولها لديها اسرار لااحد يعرفها هي اصلا لاتعرفها تحب الاستكش...