The Unveiling Truth [TVD FanF...

By slRose18qn

Laura Gilbert is the younger sister of Elena Gilbert, the sassy and sarcastic twin. The most popular girl in... More

Pilot
The Night of the Comet
Friday Night Bites
Family Ties
You're Undead to Me
Lost Girls
162 Candles
History Repeating
The Turning Point
Bloodlines
Unpleasantville
Children of the Damned
Fool Me Once
A Few Good Men
There Goes the Neighbourhood
Let the Right One In
Under Control
Miss Mystic Falls
Blood Brothers
Isobel
Founder's Day
Season 2 - The Return
Brave New World
Bad Moon Rising
Memory Lane
Kill or Be Killed
Plan B
Masquerade
Rose
Katerina
The Sacrifice
By the Light of the Moon
The Descent
Daddy Issues
Crying Wolf
The Dinner Party
The House Guest
Know Thy Enemy
The Last Dance
Klaus
The Last Day
The Sun Also Rises
As I Lay Dying

The Haunted

6K 141 25
By slRose18qn

*This chapter was originally left out.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Laura's POV

It has been a month since Vicki became a vampire and things have started to die down but people were still looking for her because Matt and Jeremy were still worried and won't rest until they find her alive. Stefan told us the night she ran away she fed on Logan after Damon killed him and that's how she completed her transition. So now she's staying with them until she learns how to control her hunger.

Stefan trying to get her to adapt to the animal diet he prefers over human blood but I highly doubt that she'll choose that diet with that kind of attitude. I can bet that she's going to turn out to be repulse as Damon.

Elena dragged me to Stefan's place to see how he was handling Vicki okay when I really don't want to see the bitch who slept with my ex. We walked up to the porch and rang the doorbell a couple of times before Damon opened it with a smirk on his face. Seeing that it was Damon we became annoyed.

"Is Stefan here?" Elena asked without any greetings.

"Yep!" He replied.

"Where is he?" I asked.

"And good morning to you both, little miss 'I'm on a mission'." He said, greeting us with a snarky attitude.

Elena fold her arms and glared at him. "How can you be so arrogant and glib after everything that you've done?"

"And how can you be so brave and stupid to call a vampire arrogant and glib?" He mocked her.

"If you wanted us dead, we would've been." She said.

"Yes, you would." He replied.

"But we're not." I told him.

"Yet."

"So what's stopping you?" I asked but he doesn't answer. "You had your chance to kill us that night cos' Stefan wasn't around. What's stopped you?"

He grew irritated at me and I smiled. "Where is Stefan?"

"He's upstairs singing "The rain in Spain". Knock yourself out." He told us before getting past us.

As he moved past me his face was close to mine, our lips were just passing each other. I felt his gaze on me and I peek a look at him before I quickly looked away. Damon leaves and we closed the door behind us.

We walk down the hall to look for Stefan. "Stefan?" Elena called out but no answer. "Stefan?"

"Yes." He finally answered.

We snapped our heads towards the stairs and saw him standing there. "Where is Vicki?" I asked, not that I care.

He placed his finger to his mouth and pointed up. "She's upstairs." He said softly and came down walking over to us.

"What happens now?" Elena asked. "Because our brother is out there searching for her with the rest of the town. What do we tell him?" She asked.

"I'm working with her, but it's gonna take time." He answered quietly.

"She's a very volatile and impulsive personality. She's a drug user. I mean, all that's gonna play a part in how she responds to this." He explained trying to get us to understand.

"So, she's a vampire with issues?" I mocked.

"What are we supposed to do? Because we're lying to everyone that we care about. What's gonna happen to her?" Elena asked with worry.

"I'm gonna keep her here with me until I know that she's safe." He told us.

"How long is that?" Vicki called out coming down the stairs.

She must have heard us now that she has heightened senses. She looked at him demanding an answer, I just glared at her.

"We can talk about that later." He told her.

She scoffed at him and shake her head at him in annoyance. By the look on her face I could tell she wanted to get out of here. But it's too much of a risk to let her out, she's not in control and she'll definitely get someone killed.

"Hey, Vicki. How are you?" Elena asked genuinely.

Vicki wasn't appreciative and made a face. "How am I? You're kidding, right?"

I rolled my eyes. "She's just being nice. You could have just answered her with 'I'm doing fine'." I said with an attitude.

She didn't seem to enjoy my presence and rolled her eyes clicking her tongue at me. "And what are you doing here, it's not because you came here to see me, right?"

"Elena dragged me, don't even think for a second that I care about you." I glared when I felt Stefan tapping me on the arm.

I glance at him and he gave me a stern look, I heed to his warning and stayed quiet.

"Whatever." She scoffed and disappeared upstairs.

Stefan turned to me. "Considering you two never liked each other and now that she's a vampire, it's best not to provoke her." He warned.

I sighed deeply, it's not really easy for me not to be snarky to her. "I can't help it, okay. Everytime I see her, I just... want to slap her." I told him.

He looked at me sternly again.

~ ~ ~

We sat around the table with Vicki on the end, Stefan and Elena on one side and because I didn't want to sit next to Vicki I sat across from Elena which was one seat away from her.

"Coffee is our friend. It's the caffeine. It circulate through our veins, and it warms our body so we're not so cold to the touch." Stefan start to explain the tricks around human blood but as expected Vicki didn't seemed interested in drinking coffee.

"Well, what if I wanna drink human blood?" She asked.

"You're gonna have to learn to live with that urge and fight it on a daily basis one day at time." He told her.

"Oh god!" She groaned. "Don't start with that whole 12 steps thing. School counselor has been down that road, and it doesn't work for me." She said trying to get out of that idea he introduced to her.

"It can work. It's your choice, Vicki." He tried to encourage her.

She looked at him with judgement. "So you've never tasted human blood?"

Stefan hesitated to answer. "Not in a long time."

"How long?"

"Years and years. I'm not proud of my past behavior." He admitted surprising Elena and I.

He did tell us that he doesn't drink human blood but animal blood, but he didn't tell us that he did use to drink human blood.

"Urgh." Vicki suddenly let out and rubbed her temples. "Does this sketchy feeling ever go away?" She asked.

"It's like I have a massive hangover. This daylight thing is a bitch." She wailed annoyingly complaining about everything wrong in her life.

She got out from her chair. "I need more blood." She said.

"Where's your bathroom? I have to pee. Why do I have to pee? I thought I was dead." She kept talking which was annoying to my ears.

Stefan doesn't say anything and just pointed her to the direction and she left.

I rolled my eyes and shake my head at her. "She's going to be the worst." I said under my breath, and Elena nodded in agreement.

Stefan looked troubled. "I'm going to, uh...I'm gonna get her some more." He stuttered and got up. "All right. I'll be quick."

When Stefan left I set my sights on the table full of bourbon and walked over to it. I'm sure he wouldn't mind. I went over to pour myself a glass when Elena came up to me.

"Ah, no, Laura. You can't drink that." She said.

I roll my eyes before turning back to her. "Come on, Elena. We have a bigger problem than me drinking under age." I nod my head to Vicki in the other room and she stayed quiet.

"Besides you're driving anyway." I said before drinking my glass.

Vicki came back a short minute later and start to annoy me again with her talking. "False alarm. My body's feeling really funky. It's a good funk, but it's weird." She blabbered nonsense that I couldn't care less about and kept drinking.

I saw her texting someone on her phone and grew curious and so was Elena. I looked at her and gave her eye messages, telling her to ask what she's doing.

"Who are you calling?" Elena asked.

Vicki looked up from her phone. "Jeremy." She answered casually.

I immediately jolted from my drink and looked at Elena shocked and worried, she had the same look. "Vicki, you can't see Jeremy anymore." Elena told her.

"Oh come on don't you start. I'm gonna see whoever I wanna see." She told us with an attitude.

I look at her unbelievably by her cocky attitude, I mean it was expected of her to say something like that. "Ah, no you're not." I finally spoke up and she looked at me with her bitch face.

I walk up to her. "Because now you're a blood sucking vampire whose urge is to rip out people's throat, and because Jeremy is my baby brother, you're not going anywhere near him!" I glared.

She didn't seemed fazed and smirked getting up in my face with her hand on her hip. "And how are you going to stop me, being human and all?"

Shoot! I didn't think about that.

"She's right, Vicki. You could hurt him?" Elena said.

"I would never hurt Jeremy." She snapped.

Elena came up to my side. "I know you think that but we can't take that risk. You're gonna have to let Jeremy go now." She told her.

"Oh really?" She raised a brow with an attitude and threw her phone on the table.

She walked up to us and for the first time I felt scared and intimidated by her. As she took a step towards us we took a step back away from her.

"And how long have you been preparing the "you're not good enough" speech?" She looked at us. "I'm assuming it predates the whole vampire thing."

"Well, I've been preparing it ever since you first lost your virginity to a thug." I said finding my sense of mean streak again.

She glared but I didn't faze from it. "You're a bad influence on him, you encouraged him to use drugs to get over our parents death, getting him to fall into a dump sight like you." I said with any regard of what she would do to me and she grew madder by the minute.

"I'm warning you, Vicki, you stay the hell away from my brother." I warned her.

She just laughed it off. "Or what?"

She grabbed me by the neck and pushed me back against the wall gripping her hold onto me tightly and cutting off my airways. "Let's get one thing straight, you little bitch." She gritted in my ear and pushed me up higher so that my heels weren't touching the ground anymore.

"Vicki, let her go!" Elena became worried and yelled at her but Vicki ignored her.

"I had my eyes on Tyler first but then the little wrench like you came along and stole him away from me. I wanted so bad to break you two apart. I knew Jeremy was obsessed with me and I also know how much you hate me. So I thought why don't I just throw him around a bit and make him my most loyal puppy." She said taunting me.

I breathed unbelievably at her and tried to talk even though she's gripping my throat. "So you were just using Jeremy to get back at me. Well, sorry to say this but Tyler will never look at you any more than some trash he can just throw away!"

This angered her even more and she slammed my head back against the wall. I groaned at the pain and it was even worse when her hand grip tighter around my neck.

"Laura!" Elena yelled again.

Even though it hurt but I was amused that she was getting irritated by my taunting and I just laughed at the pain.

"Aww, did I hit a nerve?" I purposely provoked her.

"Well, sorry love, but Jeremy's not going to love you for long, he'll grow tired of you soon, just like Tyler. He deserves someone better and who actually cares about herself and not wasting her life in a dump!"

Rage filled her eyes and she slammed my head against the wall again but harder. It nearly made me lose conscious. "Shut up! Stop talking!" She screamed.

"Vicki, stop!" Elena yelled.

She snapped her head over to my sister. "Shut up!" She yelled making Elena flinched.

"Don't even think for a second that you're any better than me. You had my brother whipped for fifteen years. Fifteen years and then you dumped him. When I look at you that is all I see, just so you know." She glared gritting her teeth.

"And I'm gonna see Jeremy whenever I wanna see Jeremy, because I have some fun new toys to play with, and I won't think twice about ripping both your little heads off. You got it?" She threatened before letting me go.

I dropped to my heels grasping for air as soon as she let go of me and walked out of the room. I rubbed my neck and the back of my head from the soreness and Elena came rushing to my side.

"Laura, are you okay?" She asked.

"I'll gonna kill that bitch." I coughed.

~ ~ ~

We met outside so that we're away from the bitch and Stefan was looking at my head. "She threatened me." I gritted rubbing my neck and head at the same time.

"She's on edge." Stefan told me.

"I don't care if she's on edge, she's still the same old person, only worse." I told him.

"Well, I did tell you not to provoke her." He reminded me in a know-it-all tone. "She was going to see Jeremy." I argued.

"Look, I know you're both worried but provoking her is only going to make things worse. Imagine every sense in your body operating at super speed. I mean, she's uncomfortable in her own skin. And then when you throw in her other issues..." He started to explain.

"How long before it settles? Hours? Days? Weeks?" Elena asked him.

"There's no rule book." He said and I grit my teeth together to keep myself from saying something else. I was just too irritated that we have to deal with her.

"Well, how long before you learned to control it?" She asked him.

"A while, but I didn't have anybody helping me. I had to do it on my own." He answered.

"The thing is it's hard to resist certain people especially when you're new, it's difficult to separate your feelings. Love, lust, anger, desire...it can all blur into one urge, hunger."

Elena and I looked confused at what he's saying. "What does that even mean?" I asked and he turned to me. "It means that Jeremy can't see her, not now. She might not be able to resist him, and she could hurt him." He said.

"She could kill him!" I corrected.

looked at me. "I'm not gonna let anybody get hurt."

"And how are you going to do that when Damon is out to make you feel miserable?" I asked raising the issue we still have with Damon.

"I'm not going to let anything bad happen to you guys." He said promising.

I wanted to have my faith in Stefan but my head was just telling me that something was going to go wrong. This was Vicki we're talking about, she was reckless when she was human. It won't be any different now that she's a vampire. Neither Elena and I could say anything, everything we're learning today was just so much to take in.

"I need to get going." Elena said and grabbed my arm.

"Elena..." Stefan tried to call out to her.

"Please Stefan. There's only so much I can take." She said before pulling me away.

~ ~ ~ Nightfall ~ ~ ~

After we came home I holed myself up in my room not wanting to deal with anything else that's happening in my life right now. Elena suggested we should all go to the Halloween carnival happening at school.

I really didn't want to but she said we could keep Jeremy busy and take his mind off Vicki, so I agreed to go. Besides Stefan said he'll keep an eye on her so it should be safe for us to go.

I went down to the kitchen to get myself a drink when I overheard Jeremy and Elena talking about Vicki. "I know you're upset about Vicki. I heard she called Matt. But you can't be with her. She needs to get better. The best thing you can do for her is let her go." Elena told him.

"What does that even mean, "let her go"? Oh, okay, sure. Since we're such experts on letting people go, right?" He snapped getting irritated by her lecturing.

"I know you may not see it, but trust me Jer. It's for the best." Elena told him.

"Look, for months after mom and dad died, I felt like crap, like "nothing really even mattered" crap. Now all of a sudden, I get these moments and things started to feel just a little bit better, and Vicki was in every single of 'em. So you may not see it, but trust me. Keeping me away from her is not for the best."

He turned to walk out of the kitchen but stopped when he saw me coming in. "Jeremy, you can't see Vicki anymore." I told him.

He rolled his eyes at me. "Not you too."

I look at him in a caring way. "I'm serious, Jer. She's not worth your time to go out looking for her!" I told him.

He furrowed his brow. "What do you mean 'not worth my time'? She's the best thing that ever happened to me!" He snapped.

"Turning you to drugs is not the best thing!" I argued. "Look, I didn't want to say this but she was only using you to get back at me for dating Tyler." I fessed up.

He didn't look like he believed me and furrowed his brow at me. "That is the first crap I've heard from you." He said.

I look at him stunned. "It's not crap it's the truth." I told him. He shook his head not bothering with what I'm saying.

"Okay honesty! You never liked my boyfriend, I never liked your girlfriend. When you told me Tyler was an inconsiderate dick who was cheating on me, I didn't believe you. Turned out it was true, with your girlfriend! And now I'm telling you your girlfriend is not worth it for you to spend your whole life waiting for her to turn around and appreciate what she has! You can't just keep following her like a lost puppy all the time. Can't you see she's having fun stringing you along?" I raised my voice frustrated at his lovesick idiocy.

He glared at me." Screw you, Laura!" He yelled at me before walking out of the kitchen. I sighed at him and shake my head at the headache.

Elena rubbed her forehead. "What did you expect from that?"

"That's the same question I ask you every time when you try to talk him out of things." I told her and she rolled her eyes.

"In the end it's the same result for both of us; he doesn't listen to either of us when it comes to Vicki." I concluded. "I say he's weakest point is being an idiot in love." I said bitterly.

"There's not need to rude." Elena told me off sternly.

I gave her the look. "Oh, don't give me that look, you were thinking it too."

~ ~ ~

We arrived at the Halloween carnival at school and it was packed with students dressed up in all kinds of costumes. Some were in their best and some in their worst. Elena went with the nurse outfit she wore last year which paired with Matt's doctor outfit. I went with the greek goddess which was totally different to last year's outfit where I went as a genie. Jeremy made no effort to dress up wearing only his trackies and a hoodie.

We made our way from the parking lot towards the gym where loud music was blasting through the roof. We walked by some kids and Jeremy had to be the teenage jerk and scare them but they didn't scream and scared him back.

Elena and I laughed at his childish behaviour and smacked him on the back. We walked into the gym and the place was dark with little lighting of blue and green to create the thrilling excitement.

We saw Matt just standing in the corner watching as the party go round him. He lit up the moment he saw us and came over. "You went with last year's costume too, huh?" He looked at Elena.

"Yeah. I didn't know that I was coming till an hour ago." She said. "Me neither." He said keeping his eyes on my sister.

"I didn't want to come at all." I spoke up letting him know I was there too and Matt laughed. He looked at me surprised by my outfit. "Wow, Laura. You look amazing." He complimented.

I smiled. "Thank you."

He looked at Jeremy and tried to figure out what he's suppose to be. "And you're going as...you?"

I laughed but Jeremy didn't lift a smile at all and just walked away in silence with a hard look. Elena sighed. "He's not talking to us right now. We got into fight."

"Yeah, I got into it with Vic too, when she got home." He said. "I'm trying not to smother her tonight, but part of me didn't wanna let her out of my sight."

Elena and I look at each other in shock. "She's here?" I asked.

"Yeah, you can't miss her. She's a vampire." He said with naivety.

"No kidding." I laughed nervously looking around when I felt a small nudge on my arm. "Where did Jeremy go?" Elena asked.

"I don't know." I answered looking around for him.

"What's the matter?" Matt asked.

"Nothing. We're just going to look for Jeremy." I told him before we both scurry off to search for our brother.

"She is so dead, no pun intended." I muttered and Elena slapped me.

We've searched everywhere for Vicki and Jeremy but they were nowhere to be found. But I did find Stefan and thankfully he had Vicki in his hold. I tapped Elena on the arm and pointed to Stefan.

"Thank god." We sighed in relief and walked over to them. I glared at her and she glared back.

"What's the matter?" Stefan asked when he saw our worried expression. "We lost track of Jeremy. We were getting worried." Elena answered.

"What's goin' on?" Matt came over questioning why Stefan has his sister.

"Hey uh- everything's fine." Stefan told him.

Vicki slapped her arm out of Stefan's hold. "I told you to quit bothering me." She accused him and we all stared at her stunned.

"No. Vicki, don't do this." Elena told her.

She turned to her brother. "Matt, he won't leave me alone." She faked an innocent voice. I glare at her.

"You need to back off, man." Matt got up to Stefan.

"Matt, it's...it's okay." Elena told him.

"No, it's not okay." He told her angrily before turning back to Stefan. "What the hell is your problem?"

In the spur of moment Vicki used the opportunity to escape. I snap my eyes wide open at the empty spot beside Matt.

"She's gone." I told them and ran after her.

"Where is she?" Elena caught up to me. "I don't know just look for her!" I told her and we split up to find her before anything bad could happen.

I pushed past through the crowd to find either Vicki or Jeremy and I kept asking if anyone saw them but no one had an answer for me. I kept searching through the crowd when I stumbled acrossed a broomstick in the storage, I broke off the head and went to find Vicki.

I head outside and heard Elena yelling. "Vicki, no!"

I ran over to the noise and saw Vicki and Elena by the bus area. Elena was trying to defend herself with a wooden plank when she thrown into a pile of garbage nearby.

Vicki was about to attack her again when I whacked her in stomach hard with the stake and she stumbled back. She glared at me with bloodshot eyes and her face shifted.

"Stay the hell away from us!" I warned.

She didn't listen and attacked me. I landed on the ground hard with her sitting on top of me and trying to bite me. I used the stake to block her but she kept pressing herself on me.

I was fighting against her strength when I felt her weight taken off me. I looked up and saw Stefan pulling her off and pushed her back against the bus.

"Vicki!" Jeremy yelled.

She shoved Stefan aside and she sped away leaving us in awe. Stefan turned to us to see if we were okay. Elena had a small wound on her hip and she pressing on it. Stefan helped me on my feet.

"Go, get inside." Stefan told us. "Go!"

I grabbed Jeremy and we ran back towards the gym, Elena grabbed the door when I felt Jeremy let his hand go. I turn back and saw Vicki pushing him aside and grabbed me.

Before I could react she sank her fangs into my neck and drain my body, I screamed in pain when I felt her ripping my neck open. But the pain didn't last long when I felt her pulling out her fangs. I look over her shoulder and realised Stefan had stabbed her with a wooden stake.

Elena pulled me away from her and looked at my wound. I press on it to keep it from bleeding any more. We watched in horror at the scene in front of us as Stefan pulled out the stake and we watched her body turned grey.

"Vicki!"

Jeremy cried and tried to get to her when Stefan held him back. "Vicki! Vicki! Vicki!" He kept calling and crying as he watched her die.

I stared at her body in shock and breathed heavily. I couldn't believe she was dead. She's really dead this time. Never in my life had I imagined anyone I would witness something so horrifying like this before.

"We need to get rid of the body." I said realising it would be bad to have people finding out about this.

Jeremy looked at me as if I was crazy. "No, we- we can't!" He protested and pointed at Stefan. "He killed Vicki!"

"We don't have a choice Jeremy!" I raised my voice.

I look at Stefan. "Get him out of here."

I turned to my sister. "Matt should be looking for her, he can't know she's dead." I told her and she looked at me confused.

"Look at her, Elena. How are we going to explain this to him?!" I said and looked at Stefan. He couldn't help but think the same thing.

I turn back at Elena. "Go." I urged her.

They both followed my instructions and left dragging a mourning Jeremy with them. I stayed behind to watch over Vicki's rotting corpse in case anyone was to find this place. I fell to my knee just at her feet and the longer I stare at her the more I felt sick. I turn away trying not to puke.

This is not happening, this can't be real, I kept repeating in my head. But no matter how hard I try to convince myself it wasn't true, this was the reality of my life. This was the horrifying truth about the world we really live in.

The felt the sting on my neck and press on my wound again trying to stop the bleeding. I realised it was the same spot Damon bit me and felt an aching in my heart. This was all his fault. Vicki being turned into a vampire and putting all of us at risk was all his fault.

Why is he doing this?

He's even worse that Tyler, he has no regard for human life and does what he pleases. I don't understand why I can still be attracted to him when he's so awful. He's a repulse vampire with no remorse and I should hate him after what he did to me... but why can't I hate him?

I sat there in silence for a moment when I heard footsteps approaching and tensed. I was scared someone's going to discover the body.

"You should go." I jumped at the voice.

I look up and it was Damon. "I got this." He said walking up to me.

I got up on my feet and I glared at him. "Yeah, right you do."

He tilted his head intrigued of me. "You did this. This is your fault. If you hadn't turn her out of her boredom this wouldn't have happened!" I yelled at him.

"You confuse me for someone with remorse."

How can he act like none of this is his fault?

I became angry and pushed him but that didn't flush out all my anger and I punched him in the chest a couple of times but nothing I do seem to faze him.

"Are you done?" He asked with a slight grin.

I huffed at him. "I forgot you're a person with no regards for anything you do and that you don't care!" I said in anger.

I try to slap him when he grabbed my wrist tightly and glared at me. He tightened his grip and I wince at the slight pain.

"None of this matters to me. None of it." He glared and shoved my hand away roughly.

I stare at him in disbelief and shake my head. "How can none of this matter to you? She's dead because of you! I got hurt because of you!"

He look soften when I reminded him the time he bit me and he turned away looking slightly guilty. I slapped him across the face when he let his guard down but I immediately regret it when I realized I had slapped him with the hand that had my blood.

He touched his cheek and smeared the blood on his fingers, I tensed and became scared of what his reaction was going to be. He glared at me trying to keep his anger under control when he grabbed me roughly by the shoulders.

I flinched at his reaction and felt my heart racing in panic. He drew in his face and his face shifted showing me his bloodshot eyes. Fear was sticking at the back of my head as I stared at him shivering under his gaze.

I grabbed his elbows and tried to push him away but he only gripped onto me tighter and held me close to him. "Afraid of me now, are you?" He smirked.

He bared out his fangs before leaning towards my neck, I screamed from the terror. "No, please!"

I closed my eyes waiting for the pain to come when I don't feel anything. I slowly open my eyes to see that Damon had stopped and pulled away. His face returned to normal. He looked at me and his look went soft again. He gazed into me as I try to calm my fears.

He slowly let go of me. "You need to leave." He said after a moment of silence and stared at my neck. "Your wound is bleeding and you need to leave." He glared in warning tone.

My body was shaking from his sharp glare and I press my hand over my wound before leaving him to deal with the body.

Damon's POV

I could smell the scent of blood from a mile away, it was familiar and nostalgic. As I came closer to the scent I found Laura kneeling next to the body of the impulsive newbie vampire I turned. I could smell the blood coming from Laura and figured she must have gotten hurt.

"You should go." She jumped at my voice and turned back. "I got this."

She glared when she saw me and got back up. "Yeah, right you do." She said glaring at me.

I tilted my head at her intrigued. "You did this. This is your fault. If you hadn't turn her out of her boredom this wouldn't have happened!" She yelled which was cute.

"You confuse me for someone with remorse."

She became angry and pushed me but I don't budge. Then she turned me into her punching bag to take out her frustrations but many of her throws were very weak.

"I forgot you're a person with no regards for anything you do and that you don't care!" She said in frustration and tried to slap me but I grabbed her first before she could hit me.

I gripped onto her tightly and she winced at the pain. "None of this matters to me. None of it." I glared at her before letting her go.

She stared at me in disbelief shaking her head. "How can none of this matter to you? She's dead because of you! I got hurt because of you!"

I soften my look at her when she reminded of the guilt I had when I bit her and looked away. I didn't mean for that to happen, I was just so hungry.

I let my guard down and she slapped me across the face, I was caught off by surprised and I felt something stick to my cheek. I could smell blood right at my nose. I touched my face and felt something wet on my fingers, it was blood that I was smelling. And it was her blood that rubbed on me.

I glared at her and she was shaking with fear at what she had done. I tried to keep my anger under control when I snapped at the calling of her blood and grabbed her roughly by the shoulders. I pulled her into me when I felt her trembling with fear.

Her blood was calling out to me and I just wanted to sink my fangs into her. I could hear her heartbeat racing rapidly in fear. My control was bursting through my lungs and my blood lust was whispering in my head to drink from her. My face shifted and she became scared squirming to get away when I grip onto her tighter.

"Afraid of me now, are you?" I smirked.

I bared my fangs at her and lean in towards her neck just waiting to sink my teeth into her again.

"No, please!"

I stopped at her calling and realised I couldn't make the same mistake again. I glared at her wound and remembered that this was the same spot I bit her last time. I pulled back and my face returned to normal.

I gaze into her with a soft look, her face... looks so much like Katherine.

No, she is not Katherine.

I let her go and pulled myself together. "You need to leave." I told her and nod to her neck. "Your wound is bleeding and you need to leave." I glared in warning tone.

Her body was shaking with fear as she turned to leave.

I watched her go feeling regretful that she got hurt again because of what I created. She got bitten again because I let this crazy girl loose just to cause trouble for Stefan.

I have to make it up to her.

~ ~ ~

Laura's POV

I had to ask Caroline to drop me off on her way home, she was shocked when she saw the blood all over me and I had lie that it was fake blood someone pranked on me. I came home to see Stefan waiting out on the porch pacing back and forth. He told me Jeremy's upstairs and Elena was trying to calm him down.

I walked up to his room and saw Jeremy crying in his lap with Elena trying to comfort him. She noticed me and shook her head telling me he's still in shock from what happened to Vicki.

I look at him sadly and walked into the room. Elena removed herself so I could sit in her place. He looked up to me with tears falling down his face.

I grab onto his shoulders. "Jer... I take back what I said about Vicki. I didn't want you anywhere near her because I knew she was going to hurt you. She loved you." I told him.

He shake his head. "It doesn't matter anymore, she's dead. Vicki's dead."

"I'm so sorry."

He shake his head in pain. "Make it stop. It hurts."

"Shh, shh, shh, shh. It's okay. It's okay." I pull him in and hugged him. Seeing him cry put a wrench in my heart and I tried my best not to cry. "You're going to be okay. You'll get through this." I said with my voice cracking.

He grabbed my arm and spoke into them. "Why does everybody have to die on me?"

"No, no, no. Hey. You listen to me. You still have us." I told him. "You still have me, you still have Elena, and Jenna. We all love you, Jer. We're not going to leave you."

Elena couldn't hold her tears back anymore and cried as well. She wrapped her arms around the both of us and we spent an hour crying together trying to soothe Jeremy of his pain but nothing was working. He couldn't get over her death. Our parents died not long ago and this time it was Vicki who he loved. He won't get better.

I grabbed my woven shawl before going outside with Elena to discuss things with Stefan, hoping if he can do anything to help Jeremy with his pain.

We came outside and Stefan was still waiting outside for us on the porch. "Are you okay?" Elena asked.

"I, uh...I wanted to help her. But instead, uh..." He looked away in shame at his failed attempted to be a good samaritan.

"How's he doing?" He asked with concerns for our brother.

I shook my head. "He's a mess. We just lost our parents, and now he just lost someone he cared about. He's just a kid, Stefan."

"What can I do?" He asked offering to help. "I...What can I do to help? I'll do anything." He said trying to make up for Damon did.

"Can you make him forget?" Elena asked.

I looked at her shocked.

"Elena..." Stefan shake his head.

"Stefan, please. I don't know how he'll ever get past this. I just want him to forget everything that happened." Elena pleaded him.

"No, we can't do that to him, Elena." I told her.

"What choice do we have, Laura? He's in pain, this is the only way." She argued. I shake my head no.

"If I did it, there's no guarantee that it would work." He told her. "Because of who I am. Because of how I live. I don't have the ability to do it right."

"I can do it."

I turned back to the voice. It was Damon.

"If this is what you want...I'll do it." He came up to us.

I stare at him surprised as to why he was even here. I couldn't understand why he bothered to come here after he said nothing mattered to him.

"It's what I want." Elena told him.

"Well, that's not what I want." I spoke up and Elena looked at me.

"We can't take away this memory from him, he'll think she's still alive and go looking for her again." I told her. "There has to be another way. Just give him time to get over this."

She shook her head. "That's not the best option."

"I'll tell him what you want me to tell him, he can forget that he ever saw her die, believe that she's still alive, she left and he need not to worry and look for her." Damon said.

I turn to him with a glare. "Why are you even here? You said that none of this matters to you, and now you suddenly care?"

"Because my brother is useless at this stuff, I'm your best option." He said looking at Stefan in a mock before he turned back to me.

"You know it's best for him." He said softly to me.

I look into his eyes and saw signs him being genuine and I soften at his gaze. I became quiet and didn't say anything else.

He turned to Elena. "What do you want him to know?"

"I want you to tell him that Vicki left town and she's not coming back. That he shouldn't look for her or worry about her. He's gonna miss her, but he knows it's for the best." She told him.

I try to keep the tears from falling when the decision was made final.

I was sorry for Jeremy who was going to have this memory taken away from him but I know it's for the best so he can live his life. But I don't want it like this when he thinks he can just wait for her to come back when she's never going to.

I was even more sorry for Matt who spent his entire life looking out for his sister who only cared about getting herself wasted in the woods. Every day he keeps worrying about her and waiting for her to come home alive but after today, he'll just be waiting but she's never coming home.

Damon nodded before turning back to me, I look at him and he lifted a small smile before going into the house. After a while I left Elena and Stefan to have their alone time and went back inside to my room when I witnessed Damon compelling Jeremy's memory away.

Damon told him exactly what Elena wanted him to and Jeremy was like lifeless soul just letting him manipulate his mind like that. I watched from the door and felt a tear running down my cheek when I saw my brother's expression changed.

I know that this is what's best for him but it hurts to see him like this.

I look at Damon. I don't understand him.

He seemed like he didn't care about anyone or anything. He didn't care if people were suffering around him and yet he's here trying to fix a problem he caused.

He noticed I was staring at him and I quickly looked away the moment our eyes met. I wiped the tears and wrap myself comfortable in my shawl.

Damon came out to the hallway and closed Jeremy's door. "Jeremy's asleep, when he wakes he won't remember what happened tonight. He will believe Vicki's gone." He told me.

I nod my head. "Thank you."

He nodded back and we become silent. I peek a look at him and found him staring at me, he looked as though he was waiting for me to say something.

I just stare at him silently trying to figure him out and the longer I look at him, the more I start to think he's not as bad as he leads others to believe.

"I don't get you." I finally spoke up and he looked at me.

"You say that none of this matters to you and yet here you are fixing something that you caused."I said and he doesn't say anything.

"You actually care but you just don't want to admit to it."

He was caught off by surprise and quickly brushed it off with a smirk. "I'm not admitting to it because I don't care. I'm only here because..."

He stopped mid sentence and just stared at me confused.

I was even more confused that he was. "Why don't you let people see the good in you?" I asked him.

"Because there is no good in me." He said and I look at him sadly. "That's not true." I told him.

He tilt his head and drew his face towards me with intrigue. I felt myself fluster at his gaze and tensed that he was so close to me.

"Don't try to find anything good in me, I don't have any." He said softly in my ear.

I look at him. He had a hard look that says he doesn't care about anything. "Then why are you here?" I asked him.

He doesn't say anything. "You don't have a reason to be here."

He was silent and faltered at what I said. He stepped back looking at my neck. "You should get that wound treated." He said

He doesn't say anything else and walked past me down the stairs. I was staring at his back as he walked out the door with a troubled look.  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

494K 10.9K 26
Kenzie Gilbert was the rebellious twin. She was desperate for attention, in hopes to standout from her goody-two-shoes twin sister's shadow. Until he...
130K 2.8K 19
A sister bond is something unbreakable...right? Not for the Gilbert sisters. Elena is the perfect straight A student, while being a cheerleader. But...
98.8K 2.5K 43
Emely Gilbert is no ordinary girl but she is also the sister of the famous Elena Gilbert, she loves her sister with all her heart, but she can annoy...
13.3K 140 71
Aria Gilbert is the twin sister Elena Gilbert but even though they were twin they were very much different. While they both were cheerleaders and had...